Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 28, 2009 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Oh god... I would love to see a lovers' quarrel happen like that in real life XD oh Nodame <3 Chiaki got pwned! Ha!

Also, Nodame's smexy Chiaki collection --> 0.,0
Jun 8, 2009 2:33 AM

Mar 2009
I have to agree of course, the lovers' quarrel was hilarious. Nice martial arts skills haha at first I thought it would just be Nodame kicking Chiaki's ass and that he wouldn't fight back....I guess I had just forgotten how Chiaki really is. Of course he would knock her down as well lol

and I really liked Kuroki (Mr. Oboe Player), he's fun too :D
Aug 9, 2009 2:33 PM

Jan 2008
DieInHell said:
My memory fails me, but I don't remember that oboe player or I just didn't pay that much attention to him. Whatever.

The fight - WIN. I though that passerby's might call the police when Chiaki demonstrated some of his fabulous attacks on her (domestic abuse, much? lol), but Nodame's freaking jump up high up into the air got me laughing with tears in my eyes. They never fail to amaze me.

Moreover, not to mention the inspiring speech 'who's got to be the front of the donkey' by Nodame ! And yeah, she succeeded to steal the performance by default with her original 'congratulations' dance.

So much win in this episode. The romance is in full bloom now.

yeaht hte obe player is int eh first season, the soloist when Chiaki created his own orchestra. yup what a good laugh
Sep 1, 2009 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
That fighting was epic win.
xD
Sep 3, 2009 5:02 AM

Jun 2009
Nodame's sexy collection of Chiaki's photo was a LOL

Nodame's roundhouse kick, Love it!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 8, 2009 10:42 PM

Jan 2008
Nodame's flying spin kick was epic.
Jan 2, 2010 11:04 AM
May 2008
The fight scene was too much, in a great way. Also, I love how Chiaki is slowly becoming infatuated with Nodame, worrying about her not calling him and such!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 3, 2010 8:02 PM

Jul 2009
controlmajortomMay 3, 2010 8:14 PM
May 6, 2010 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
I seriously didn't remember who that oboe player was before Nodame called him Kuroki. xDD
Jun 6, 2010 4:08 AM
Mar 2010
Pro wrestling haha
Jun 21, 2010 4:25 PM

Dec 2009
Haha Chiaki, learn that women are always right now it'll save you a lot of fights!

I liked the 'insta kill' when Nodame turned down dinner with that little boy, hehe.
Such junk...
Jun 27, 2010 7:28 PM

Jan 2009
When the bystander said "That was an amazing air kick though" I lost it. Burst out laughing, great episode.
Jul 16, 2010 12:26 PM

May 2009
Epic lovers' quarrel indeed.
Jul 28, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
Leave it to the French to watch a lovers' quarrel and applaud when they make up.

I'm glad the episode ended that way. At first, I thought the show was going to take another dramatic turn and end up crappy.
Oct 26, 2010 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
Great stuff, and I'm digging this seasons focus on romance. Nodame's changing from a good character to a great character with each episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 7, 2010 2:23 PM

Jul 2010
I really dislike the lovers' quarrel, well I didn't liked it the first time but the second time it's even worse... Nodame should just call Chiaki and not take anything for granted -_- if she likes him so much she should let him know/show that at least a bit, not nocking him now (and let him hurt his hands like that, wtf?, she dares to call herself a pianist? -_-") ãnd force him to get back with her... well I'm prob the only Chiaki fan here if I see all the comments on this page..
Feb 5, 2011 5:43 AM

Jun 2009
AWESOME. That was the most epic lovers’ quarrel I’ve seen.

Kuroki-kun~ Don’t be depressed, they’re still people that remember you. Poor guy.

*Instant Kill* Loved that~

I absolutely adore Nodame Cantabile, there’s nothing else that can make me laugh and entertain me like this.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 9, 2011 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, how I laughed. For a second there I thought they were going to lapse into misunderstandings and drama drama when Chiaki walked off, but that fear was quickly dispelled.. flying kick indeed. Loved how they reconciled, Chiaki choking and Nodame going from revenge godess to cute "honto ni?" in the blink of an eye, literally.

It was nice to see Chiaki being a big softy and all insecure, makes his usual aloofness more understandable. And I understand his feelings and doubts, what with Nodame being so erratic and flighty - I mean she's all over him when she gets the chance, but I see why he would doubt seriousness and depth on her part, and it's getting obvious that he wants to be more than just a crush. (I suppose she's convinced him of her seriousness now, though, hehe.)

So far I'm liking this season more than the first, this episode and the last one have been so fresh and surprising, and nicely daring in the slapstick department. And it still all fits! Love this show.

edit: Oh, and I remember Kuroki, but I didn't recognize him at first. He was the one Nodame won over with her housewifely charms (lol), so that he was able to play the pink Beethoven (or Mozart?) I lol'd when his imaginary springflowers of love wilted when he saw that everything Chiaki said about her was true. Secret sexy photo collection!
CrackityJonesFeb 9, 2011 5:49 PM
Apr 17, 2011 9:21 AM
Mar 2010
"Why don't we just... start over?"
*applause* hehehehe x)

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Apr 21, 2011 9:02 PM

Dec 2009
stAtic91 said:
Epic lovers' quarrel indeed.

mylovelyfate said:
"Why don't we just... start over?"
*applause* hehehehe x)

Apr 27, 2011 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
GREAT EP AGAIN!!!

was very nice to see chiaki's needy side come out, albeit understandably :D

that fight was epic and great for their development. it was done comedically, but brought to light both the issues they have with eachother....love it!

lol'd at "why dont we start over" and instantly nodami goes "^___^ REALLY?"

:D:D they r perfect for each other
Jun 30, 2011 5:00 PM

Aug 2010
This episode got me from going:

^^ ----> o_O ----> O_O ----> >:l ----> LMAO ----> AWWW

Pretty much...
Feb 21, 2012 4:21 AM

Feb 2012
What a great episode. I had trouble remembering who Kuroki was as well, maybe his features aren't that distinctive. Only when it was shown he was the oboist I remembered him.

I don't really feel like commenting individual episodes because I'm getting the Aaaaah! Next Episode, Quick! Syndrome with this series :). At first I was wondering whether the sequel would be as good as the original. It turns out that there's a bit less music and more comedy and character development, which is just fine.
Apr 14, 2012 1:56 AM

Nov 2011
xMusicMohawk said:
This episode got me from going:

^^ ----> o_O ----> O_O ----> >:l ----> LMAO ----> AWWW

Pretty much...

So glad it didn't turn into a melodrama. Great episode, and so glad they finally touched on how their relationship seems so one sided.
Apr 15, 2012 10:23 AM

Mar 2011
Best episode yet! The fight scene was hilarious and I started applauding when the crowd did too! XD
Oct 23, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
Haha I just cant stop laughing! HAHA@E#Q@

Was anyone else clapping when the crowd started clapping? :D
Mar 6, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
Haha, what a battle XD

Mar 7, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
badass Nodame.
講廢話,被撞到.
Mar 12, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
That was so great... so unique, can't even explain xD I knew they would come together in a few seconds. But TOTALLY didn't expect the fight. That was just awesome. <3

And also, I really love Kuroki-kun. :) That was honestly a really insightful monologue he had going in his head, that Japanese people are less open than Europeans, and he should be more free like Nodame is. ^_^ honestly, super cool.
Mar 16, 2013 1:59 AM

Oct 2012
Nodame must have been training with Suzaki Kururugi, epic spin kick.

The pacing is fine, people have to stop saying a fast pace = bad pacing. It's just a more brisk pace, their still handling things rather well. And I like the focus on more romance and important events, the music seemed like a great ice breaker to understand the characters in the first season, we're quite familiar with them now. I like the focus on their characters now tbh. The show's not a music video series, they give you songs when it's appropriate, we don't need them constantly.
May 3, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2013
Nodames super kick !!! :)
Always-HungryMay 3, 2013 12:04 PM
May 17, 2013 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Very good episode.
Though, I wanted the breakup/start over scene to be more serious.
I don't mind the over the top fighting, but It would have been better dramatic.
May 26, 2013 6:21 AM

Feb 2013
I was a bit worried when chiaki said they where over because i wondered how to were gonna make up but they did it instantly xD great episode
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

Jun 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Apr 2011
lol @ the fighting scene in the end, it was epic.
Jun 19, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2012
What an impressive jump kick! You go Nodame, you be epic like you're always are! Good that they didn't split ways! It can only get better now!
Jun 27, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2010
The fight scene caught me offguard.. LOL
But yeah, Nodame should be angry of Chiaki's eccentricity..
Anyway, it went well. XD

Donkey dance was hilarious btw..
Sep 6, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2010
At least Kuroki is back! I missed the original cast so so much, brings back so many memories when it has been only few days since I watched the last season...

So it's Kuroki's first time hearing Gyabo and he mistook it for french xD Chiaki is mad and nodame-sick xD

Lovable Nodame is lovable XD That tree...... That play.... I died laughing there, laughed so so much... xD Kuroki is learning something from her, being open like that.

Hahaha, Chiaki got kicked! xD Intense fight scene, this is it; Nodame is "S", yandere and whatnot xD Loved that scene.

Amazing episode!
Sep 17, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2013
Always-Hungry said:
Nodames super kick !!! :)

wahaha ! I love that scene it was freaking hilarious !
Feb 22, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
Did Chiaki really call her a "B!tch"???!!!? O__________O That totally surprised me - I know they are both extreme but calling each other names never occurred to me as a possibility!!! I understand him but that's not the way to express your feelings, man!!! -___-''' Nodame can't read minds!!!! Just tell her yourself!!! Great fight!!! Although the "Let's start over" part didn't sound really honest to me, he was just trying to save his neck.....But I guess they are both making progress!!! ^^

I think Nodame is suited for a kindergarten teacher!! Sure, she's a weirdo and totally not your typical teacher but she's got her own unique way of dealing and interacting with kids!!! :DDD
Mar 31, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that was one crazy fight! What a kick xD
She's a freaking ninja :P

Kuroki have been able to adapt in the end. Good for him. Though, I don't understand why he misunderprated ''glauque''. It would be more something like creepy in the context...

Chiaki have a lot of trauma xD
After the aircraft trauma, now we have the christmas trauma!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 18, 2014 8:13 PM

Aug 2013
The fight was hilarious but I still can't help feel annoyed with Chiaki's selfishness. Nodame has been chasing him for so long, he treats her like a pet, doesn't express his feelings for her even to the point of denying she's someone special then he'll say he can't keep up with her. Ugh.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 11, 2014 1:04 PM
Dec 2013
oh my gosh, the fight scene! lmfao!
Jul 29, 2014 2:35 AM

May 2013
Didn't expect to see Kuroki in Paris. Sucks that the flute player screwed him over like that but at least he gained more positive outlook after the play. Hopefully things will start to change for the better for him.

I felt that Chiaki was justified in saying that Nodame didn't try to do anything with their relationship. She's got to notice that Chiaki has made up his mind and is actually reciprocating her feelings so she should also try to be more serious. I don't think he should've tried to break up but the thing is that he's scared to be hurt again after someone that he loved didn't even want to spend time with him on a holiday like Christmas. He didn't want the same thing that happened with his father, happen with Nodame.

Thankfully they worked it out though, was not looking forward to some drama.
Sep 9, 2014 1:15 AM

Nov 2012
Vin-nii said:

I srsly haven't laughed this much for ages

the lover's quarrel bit was so fricken good

Best break up and makeup scene ever!
And then a sudden change of personality <3
So sweet how he is changing for her ^^
Sep 12, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
Well Chiaki was right, Nodame didn't even bother calling him even though he was constantly trying to get in touch with her. Then she just walks past him and is like oh hey there. The whole thing was unnecessary and just made me dislike Nodame a bit.
Oct 30, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
LOL! I died from that fight scene xD
Nov 17, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
Waaah the cuteness is killing me! Mukyaa!

Nov 26, 2014 6:39 AM

Mar 2013
the ending was so dissapointing. they really showed who to make a well thought through love-drama( which would have been interesting) into a idiotic comedy (which wasnt funny at all). Also the second season seem to focus less on music and more on the "story", which is kinda sad.. since its music is its most interesting part, while the "story" is meh.. combined with overdone comedy.
Dec 2, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
a fight worthy of any action anime
Jan 18, 2015 1:53 AM

Sep 2014
MUKYAA!!!! Chiaki absolutely deserved to get his ass kicked. I'm still not warming up to him. Kind of a double standard for me though...I'm okay with female tsunderes, but when there's a male tsundere, I just hate the character, lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kneekey - Nov 23, 2008

69 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nehnehneji - Oct 26, 2008

65 by bucciest »»
Jan 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jojo-kun - Dec 2, 2008

65 by Euroqean »»
Jun 12, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Dec 18, 2008

126 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 16, 2022 12:20 AM

» The English Dub? Is it coming?

APGamerZ - Oct 4, 2010

3 by aku_mado »»
Dec 17, 2021 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.