Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 10:36 PM
Jan 2015
The ranking of this anime is pathetic. Over 5,000? WTF?

I know, i know, the ending is absolutely one of the worst of all animes to date but that's what the anime is all about, making a point. And it did very, very well.

I'm so shocked, i'm appalled, i'm crying, i'm devastated about the ending and the anime. Up to the 3rd episode i was on the edge of my sofa. Damn what an anime that make u FEEL like that.

Oh kotohona... i say me many times in her shoes. Love pain, love humilliation, this anime taught me so many things because i could see me in the situations kotohana had to endure, not like close but the FEELINGS she had to endure ii know all about because women are just like Makoto was. I'm so glad i got to watch this. I'm stronger you know.

Damn underrated anime. So glad man.

i'll try to watch the ova's and specials, lets see what it got.

Thanks school days. That's an anime i got a lesson and that's great. So great.
Hiei3xJan 19, 2015 9:35 AM
Jan 18, 2015 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
Oh wow, I knew how this was going to end, but still, wow...
He even got decapitated. He showed remorses sometimes, if given time he would probably turn into a good man... so many mixed feelings...
Feb 8, 2015 4:17 PM

May 2014
You know what? its better go back to watch one piece and lolis..
thats right...
Feb 12, 2015 1:50 AM

Mar 2013
it's actually a very good way to end the show, everybody says "serves you right!"

Feb 26, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Riptos said:
Nah the only real winners of this series, despite everything were probably Otome and Setsuna.

Setsuna, yeah she lost her best friend, but she moved away before the real shitstorm began. So she could probably live her entire life without really knowing anything about what happened after she left.

Otome still gets to keep her friends and social standing. Not just that, she didn't give herself to Makoto so she still has her chastity for whenever she does find someone. Which she will, she is a pleasant enough character.

I'm pretty sure Otome did it with Makoto at least twice.
But I agree with you. Otome is the only character of this anime with a bit of self-respect.
Mar 30, 2015 10:32 PM

Feb 2014
jaw-dropped
Mar 31, 2015 12:42 AM
Jan 2015
Well that was brutal...
Apr 7, 2015 3:26 PM
Dec 2013
why does everyone hate Makoto?
sure he was a dick but he didn't deserve to die for it

Sekai was a complete bitch though glad she was killed by that other chick

overall a shitty anime
Apr 8, 2015 12:00 AM
Jul 2013
its all sekais fault

poor kotonoha

no comment on makoto

and lastly i just found out that sekai and her friend is makotos niece WTF!!

hikari best girl and katou second i like those two

i like these anime great anime not one of those suck up anime that sucks up to the audience, its a masterpiece

bad end is the best end for a harem anime and if you didnt like it just imagined an alternate end then dumbass
kramXDApr 8, 2015 12:08 AM
Apr 12, 2015 8:23 AM

Jan 2013
The manga was better..
Apr 21, 2015 10:56 PM
Feb 2015
I just hope nobody would begin to watch anime with this one... poor guys they would be!

But... seriously... for the others, what an A-MA-ZING anime!

What I did enjoy about this anime was watching it deteriorate from typical teenage romance to something completely immoral and lacking any human decency.

Concerning the OST, in my point of view, it could be better, excepting the last one... yes this one... during the final scene... It impacts so much the mood! my blood ran definitely cold! I will NEVER listen it without thinking of it. NEVER. B-but... loved it ^^
Apr 22, 2015 2:56 AM
Dec 2014
Please excuse me while I go blow my brains how at how terribly this anime ended and was it started off great but then Sekei starts her quote on quote "Special Training" and then fucks everyone over cause of Sekei's stupidity and then what Sekei did to Makoto was just uncalled for and then I agree with why that other girl did but I feel terribly sad for that other girl cause of everything Sekei caused and I fucking hate the way it ended in the end Sekei was a lying whore she wasn't pregnant at all she fucked up the relationship between those two just for herself to feel good and get Makoto but in the end she kills him just as soon as he started to return to his normal self too fuck Sekei. I HAVE NEVER HATED AN ANIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AS BAD AS THIS ONE FUCK YOU SEKEI YOU WHORE
May 9, 2015 4:30 AM

Mar 2015
This is the creepiest anime I've ever watched. The ending is very fucked up... so an anime that starts with an OTP in mind turned to cheating then harem then back to the OTP then he was killed by the girl he cheated with and then brought to the boat by the OTP. Whoa... so fucked up

May 12, 2015 7:46 AM

Apr 2015
I remember hating Sekai a lot. She, err, "tempted" Makoto after all.

Makoto on the other hand is innocent to a fault. Only that I have to highlight that fault part by a country mile.

Kotonoha was just outright lame in the first eps. she deserved to be dumped. Only that Makoto dumped her way too late.

Moral lesson: don't expect too much from relationships. maintaining them takes huge effort, and the rewards are little (except the sex part. but cmon, seriously, just get a hooker and you'll be fine).
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 26, 2015 11:54 PM

Jun 2013
Brilliant conclusion, I was completely thrown by this episode (yes I live in a cave and never was revealed spoilers). Wow, School Days, what a genre jump!
May 27, 2015 10:50 PM

Jan 2014
I'd say this was an interestingly executed satirical horror. ^__^
May 29, 2015 12:00 PM

May 2009
Shit creepy.
Yeah.. well.. that's how news becomes... I bet that's where they picked off the plot line from.. one such news article.

But I wish the characters had more depth. It could've been so much more if there had been better dialogues. Until Makoto ran his eyes over Otome, I was getting bored of this. And then, man! Dude just goes on fucking around like a dog. That's your playboy born.

I don't think I've ever felt sick of an MC so bad. I hated him, and then when he met Kotonoha and he broke down too, I actually started forgiving him too.. And then THAT - stabSTABstabSTAB ---- >.< Geeeeeeeesh!!!

Yeah, he sure as hell had it coming. Kotonoha really didn't deserve that though. Asshole never went and broke up with her properly. God. This is one crazy show I just watched.

Ah... I guess Imma upgrade it to 8 from 7.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 6, 2015 10:59 PM

Sep 2013
Yay, He dies!
I am so happy....Piece of shit anime overall 2/10 but the ending was awesome! :3
That Bastard deserved that :D
Jul 18, 2015 9:41 PM

Mar 2013
Just finished my "weekly" re-watch of this series, *sigh* never gets old :)
Jul 24, 2015 8:09 AM

Feb 2013
Very satisfying ending
Jul 28, 2015 8:09 PM

Aug 2007
I admit I started watching this because it is notorious for being "the worst anime of all time."
You know what? I don't think it was. Even though the characters had their abundance of sins, making them incredibly hard to like, it was really entertaining.

Bad anime, from what I have seen, are ones that bore the living hell out of you. This actually invoked a lot of anger and frustration to see Makoto become some average guy to not caring about who he was hurting to get what he wanted. The ending was a thrill.

The characters might have one of the worst moral standpoints I've seen. And I feel like people are confusing terrible people with a terrible anime. Harem anime is trite. Slice-of-Life/School/Romance anime is predictable and some have little plot. I'd rather take entertaining over non climatic stories with a boring cast any day.

That being said, this was certainty not the best either. But this has some very striking elements to it.

I'll give it a 6/10 -- Higher than average.

Aug 1, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2015
great ending <3
8/10
Aug 8, 2015 8:51 AM

Feb 2015
Very happy with that ending. (though I hate the fact that it made me feel slighly bad for Makoto). Just as I had said I hope, he died. Katsura owned. Glad she killed Sekai. I can't bring myself to feel bad for Sekai, though maybe a little bit? This anime has A LOT of hate but I'm giving it a 7.
Aug 24, 2015 1:20 PM
Jun 2015
That was nice boat and nice head
Aug 26, 2015 7:43 AM
Aug 2015
I was watching this anime and thinking "why am I doing it? it's so bad, the protagonist is such a lame, perverted boy". But then the ending hit me! Good job, girls, good job
Aug 29, 2015 1:28 AM

Jun 2015
Thank you for the ending. That was deeply satisfying...
Oct 21, 2015 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
That ending was epic!!! It was like the best ending to a show ever!

I wondered who would kill him, I kinda thought it'd be Kotonoha! But it was Sekai D:

Because he ditched her for being pregnant and then Kotonoha goes back and finds the body and hacks it up so it's easy to carry around, meets Sekai on the roof, opens her up, says she isn't pregnant when she might not be far enough along even.

Then she literally sailed off in to the sunset holding his head with the rest of him in the bag next to him.

I saw the black blood version on Crunchyroll which I kinda liked but then the uncut one and didn't think it seemed much different :/
Oct 22, 2015 6:34 AM

Sep 2015
This shit is traumatic as f****ck!
Why did I even watch this?!! 1/10 I regret (SO MUCH!) that I wasted my time on this...

I HATE EVERY CHARACTER! Not enjoyable to watch, no doubts...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2015 1:28 PM
Sep 2015
I want it to be known that I had no idea what the ending was before starting besides it being bad. And I knew he was going to be killed by the 3rd episode
Oct 23, 2015 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
stonedoe said:
I want it to be known that I had no idea what the ending was before starting besides it being bad. And I knew he was going to be killed by the 3rd episode

That early? I was almost certain he was going to die at around the 7th episode. And I say "almost" just because I thought to myself: "Well this is an anime so it might not happen". The thing here is that this is NO ordinary anime! By far...

But was this predictable?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2015 9:31 PM

Apr 2015
Wow that was true shit lol but atleast the ending makes up for it.
Nov 23, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2015
I had the basic premise of the ending spoiled for me, but I don't think there is anything that can prepare anyone for THAT. I knew it would be dark and creepy but that was just off the scale. Kotonoha with her head bag O.o
Nov 25, 2015 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
Was a 2/10 until the ending.

Now it's a 3/10, maybe 4/10. One good scene in an entire show can't save it, though.
Dec 3, 2015 9:19 AM
Nov 2014
Amazing ending to an otherwise terrible show overall.
Dec 19, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2015
[Re-watch]
After watching the Visual Novel and some of the 21 endings in School Days... I'd say the anime chose the least worse ending of all. Well this is probably the most normal of the worse ending (there was the weird loli route..., not too weird but...)

I bumped this up from 2/10 to 4/10

Then I realized how much I love Setsuna... and then now I want to play the spin-off or sequel that mainly features Setsuna :3
DarklordVorDec 19, 2015 7:26 PM

Dec 31, 2015 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
Protaku said:
Just came to say this is one of the greatest animes of all time.
That is all.

Just came here to say that you are wrong and that this is actually one of the worst anime of all time.

That is all.
Feb 11, 2016 5:48 AM
Feb 2016
I made an account just so I could talk about this episode/series. This is the worst anime I have ever watched. Episode 12 does not make up for the previous 11 episodes. It doesn't even come close. Episode 12 wasn't shocking at all. Who was surprised he got killed? Who was surprised Kotonoha killed Sekai? Itou was a fucking asshole and I'm thrilled he's dead. That dick left a trail of misery everywhere he went.

Why was this in the horror genre? Why did I keep seeing this is one of the creepiest anime ever? If creepiest is in terms of Itou, I won't debate that. The last 5 minutes of this show doesn't justify it being a scary or horror anime. It is one of the most depressing, pointless, and pathetic anime I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Why was Kotonoha raped? Can anyone fucking explain that?

The endless cheating, backstabbing, bullying, and emotional trauma these characters inflict upon each other is disgusting. I fucking hate this show.

Score: -30/10

That's a negative 30. Never waste your time watching this show. Fuck this bullshit.
Session12Feb 11, 2016 5:52 AM
Feb 14, 2016 2:04 AM

Oct 2015
Shit. Pure shit. What about this guy? F*ck every girl near to him? Wat?

5/10 just because of the op song and the death of this mtfckr and that btch.
Feb 21, 2016 2:25 AM
Feb 2014
I'm very sr, Makoto haters, but as for me, he is the only character that I FEEL REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY 4 HIM when I see him getting stabbed ruthlessly by that b**** Sekai! i really don't know why I get that feeling that cannot be explanined! Although I heard that he did a lot of dirty things such as havin sex with every girls, I.... don't care! I know that such guys are worth being ostracized and I agree with that, EXCEPT... this person! I think that a lot of male fans really wanna see our male MCs in some harem animes doing stuff like that with girls, while those MCs don't want to. So why don't they agree with this anime? On the other hands, I previously lik harems, but now, when I see them together with another girl through romantic feelings they grant lik kissing(not main one, sometimes main one), I really wanna get out of my brain cuz I hate IT so much that cannot sleep!!!!!

I don't watch the whole of this anime, but if it consists of much violence and sexes, I WON'T WATCH IT After watching this final episode, maybe I won't touch this one anymore CUZ IT'S TERRIFYING, HORRIFYING, FRIGHTENING, SCARY, DREADFUL!

If I'm not mistaken, after he did things that makes him feel sorry for Kotonoha, he returns to her and the gap between is recovered! I wonder if this info is true. If so, why do we still reprimand and curse him! As long as he comes back and apologizes to her, we feel satisfied enough! Or another thing that I don't know if it's true is the girls' intenstion (except Kotonoha's) to deduce him to make him do XXX with them!

You can judge me anything you can! Or if you agree with me, then OK!
rubykitty1997Feb 21, 2016 2:40 AM
Feb 21, 2016 4:27 AM
Feb 2014
If I were the one making this film, I'd like to edit this final episode (don't tell me that I'm plagiarizer, it's just untrue thought). To be more specific, the scene that Sekai stabs him was HIS dream! He woke up and he saw Kotonoha there, then hug her and apologize to her for all his bad things he cause! Then he forget everything to be with her, THAT'S ALL! Hehe, I told u be4, it's just my own edition
Feb 26, 2016 7:31 PM
Mar 2014
People hating on Makoto for being shameless, but it was Sekai who turned him this way. Not only Sekai destroyed his innocence but also his ability to love others. Makoto was a naive idiot who very sincere in the beginning. Sekai's practice session was betrayal at its best, poor Kotonoha.

Had Sekai stayed away after patching Makoto and Kotonoha, nothing bad would happen. Makoto would've been happy with Kotonoha easily

Really, Sekai had no right to kill Makoto after what she did to Kotonoha. Kotonoha should've killed both if anybody has right to kill. And Sekai deserved the worst death for betrayal and lying about pregnancy, Kotonoha should've chopped Sekai to pieces
joseph619Feb 26, 2016 7:37 PM
Mar 4, 2016 2:29 PM
Jul 2011
Another series I saw a while ago but forgot to include in my MAL list until now. Shows like this stands out and easily becomes memorable, not necessarily because it was great by but it was so drastically different from what was being shown at the time.

Anime viewers of harem shows rant and rave about boring, indecisive harem male MC leads all the time and the choices they make (or more often -don't- make) however this MC when presented with the same usual situations his decisions is unfiltered. He plows through as many women that threw themselves at him, why wouldn't he considering how he develops in the series (Sekai pretty much ruins his innocence early on with those "practice sessions"). The last two episodes and the infamous NICE BOAT ending was a beautiful trainwreck to watch play out.

I always looked at this show as the alternative to other harems, "what if the MC actually pick the none PC/safe" option that the usual harem show do. I wouldn't want all harem series to be like this, I'm not a big fan of them in general but understand they are made the way they are for a reason and have their fans so it's nice to know that at some point of time in anime history School Days served as an extreme, opposite, example of "what could happen if..." type of show in the genre.
Mar 9, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
If the last few minutes of the White Album 2 anime had gone the way the last few minutes of this went, it would have saved that (WA2's) dreadful last episode.
Mar 12, 2016 5:09 PM
Feb 2015
The bastard's dead

Katsura is on a yacht with her boyfriend

Well, 10/10 ending right there
Mar 27, 2016 4:27 PM
Mar 2016
What the fuck did I just watch?
Apr 3, 2016 4:38 PM

Sep 2015
Hmm... I don't know.

Well it is answered what I was wondering: Will Sekai or Kotonoha kill someone at the end of this? The answer: Both.

But somehow I didn't like the show that much overall. The first few episodes were somewhat boring, then it got better, and the ending is okay I guess.
Maybe the effect was ruined a bit for me because I already knew the last episode would include murder, but it wasn't actually as shocking as I expected. I kind of expected Kotonoha to kill several people (the girls he slept with) "to protect Makoto".
But he died before it ever came to that.

Considering that without the shock effect working, I don't think the last two episodes were particularly good (except the great use of sound effects and music) , it seems to me that the makers relied a bit too heavily on that.

I'm not sure yet, but I'm probably going to give it either a 6 or a 7.
Apr 5, 2016 12:38 AM
Feb 2016
at last died that was really epic cheating on that many girls .kotonoha was really one hell of girl forgiving him.if he were to be real i would kill him with my own two hands
Apr 9, 2016 1:07 AM

May 2014
So what exactly am i supposed to take from this anime? that cheating can lead to psychological insanity?
damn, I honestly have no idea what I should rate this. I feel like it's okay to rate this as a 1, but also okay as a 7.....
Apr 13, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2016
o final foi maravilhoso....a Kotonoha eh maravilhosa....kkkkkk.....e ninja tb....a melhor parte alem da morte no Itou eh ela acertando a Sekai...golpe certeiro e limpo....kkkkk
Maroshyu Suyama
"Trate seus soldados como filhos e eles te seguirão há qualquer lugar, trate-os como filhos queridos e eles darão a vida por você." Sun Tzu
Apr 14, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
Wow! Now i can feel peace the pain and agony almost kill me! The best episode and the best ending ever!

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Pages (26) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Phrosh - Aug 22, 2007

124 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.