Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2011

Shintarō Asanuma, Iori Nomizu, Megumi Nakajima lead cast for TV series premiering in January.

Shintarō Asanuma (Accel World's Takumu, Phi Brain's Kaito Daimon) will play the protagonist Izayoi Sakamaki, Iori Nomizu (Is This a Zombie?'s Haruna, Heaven's Lost Property's Nymph) will play Kuro Usagi, relative newcomer Emi Sarah Bridcut will play Asuka Kudō, Megumi Nakajima (Macross Frontier's Ranka Lee) will play Yō Kasukabe, Hiromi Igarashi (Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!'s Hina) will play Jin Russell, and Satomi Arai (A Certain Magical Index's Kuroko Shirai, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan's Nattō Kozō) will play Shiroyasha.

The story follows Izayoi Sakamaki, a boy bored with the entire world. One day, an envelope arrives for him. The moment Izayoi opens the envelope, he is transported to an alternate world. There, he discovers that two other "problem children" were transported by envelopes as well — a taciturn girl named Yō Kasukabe with a cat, and a beautiful yet haughty girl named Asuka Kudō. A girl named Kuro Usagi (Black Rabbit) summoned the three to the community "No Name" to overthrow the devil.

Keizou Kusakawa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series and films, Asura Cryin') will serve as chief director, and Yasutaka Yamamoto (Squid Girl Season 2, Valkyria Chronicles) is serving as director. Noboru Kimura (Amagami SS+, Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos) is handling the series composition, and Naomi Ide (episode animation director for Astarotte's Toy, Squid Girl) is handling the character design. Diomedea (Squid Girl, Campione!) will animate the series.

Sounds like an interesting premise.

It kinda has similar themes to Dog Days with the 'traveling to another world theme'. There's also a newcomer VA in this series so looking forward to seeing their work. Anyways, thoughts on this?
Oct 28, 2012 7:53 AM

Jul 2012
Well it sounds pretty promising. I think this could turn out to be a fairly decent - pretty good anime depending on how they work with the whole concept. Like the first post mentionned, the themes seem sort of similar with those of dog days. Luckely that doesn't form a problem at all for me personally since Dog Days was a pretty good anime in my opinion.

I'll wait and hope that my expectations for this show will be fullfilled.
Nov 30, 2012 11:28 PM

Jun 2011
Took a look at the first volume of LN.
I haven't read a lot of LN, so I'll only compare it to what I read.

Basically, the 3 kids enters another world. The rules of the world is completely different from earth. So, a lot of the first volume was talking about the settings: gifts (the name of the magic in the world), gift games, ranking system, titles, races, and even weather. I am expecting a lot of talking is the beginning of the anime.

About the character: I actually really like the characters. "Problem child" is like another word for unique personality and over powered. They start out strong, but also with potential to grow. And of course, the cat girl is cute. On a side note, there is no romance.

As for the anime, I hope they don't change too much from the light novel and keep the explanations entertaining.
Dec 1, 2012 3:25 AM
Aug 2011
Just what I needed, some nice info to convince me to watch this.

Guess I'll watch it then.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.