Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 18, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2010
Just finished watching this. I had heard of Strike Witches but had never seen it before or knew anything about it, but I randomly decided to check out this movie.

It was fun, enjoyed it despite not really knowing a whole lot of the setting or character back-stories.

The fanservice fell off for me very quickly. I don't know if there is some in-universe explanation as to why the girls don't ever wear pants, but I found it more annoying than anything. But in spite of the pantsu everywhere, still had a good time watching this.

Not gonna convert me or make me watch the series, but it was a fun 95 minutes.
Feb 17, 2015 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
Just finished watching too.

And only now did I realize Neuroi is like our modern world's warmachines... lol (it's like 50 years ahead of the anime's timeline)

There's even UFO Neuroi, transforming Neuroi that goes from a bomb like shape to a hyper space jet.

And even one time there was a Atomic Bomb Neuroi... lol

And now in the movie... Teleportation... (basically it's now out-technology our modern world, maybe like 100 years ahead of anime's timeline)

Tho other sources says they're based on WWII's developing planes.
The anime's reshape makes it look like our current world's planes and future planes.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Jul 2012
Apologies if I already posted this when I was drunk, and promptly forgot about it.

That said, anyone else think there's a chance that Rosalie:
http://myanimelist.net/character/59085/Rosalie_de_Hemricourt_de_Grunne

retired from the military after the Neuroi war, got married, had kids, and eventually wound up with a (great)granddaughter who loved tanks and joined Panzerfahren at St Gloriana?

http://myanimelist.net/character/69137/Darjeeling
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Mar 20, 2016 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
And so the friendship saves the day once again. Evil aliens never stood a chance against pantsu lolis. I kinda hoped for the Neuroi Girl to return but unfortunately, nothing happened.
Cookiez_XMar 20, 2016 10:59 PM
Jun 29, 2017 3:04 AM
Jul 2018
Um, that's it? It had some nice moments mostly from Miyafuji but the entire thing felt like filler. Even victory arrow had a lot more going for it.
Sep 18, 2017 2:54 AM

Jun 2017
So, out of curiosity, did anyone else find it jarring that Yoshika's friend was actually wearing a skirt at the beginning instead of just wearing nothing like everyone else in Strike Witches? lol... pointing this out feels a little sad, but ... it wouldn't be Strike Witches without that kind of fanservice ... they don't pull punches in this...

This movie was pretty good, though. I enjoyed it for something I went into with zero expectations.
Mar 4, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Meh, an alright movie. Pretty much what I had predicted, a bit of SoL and a dramatic finale.
Jul 26, 2020 1:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not very different from the main series (except for Shizuka haha she was so cute I hope to see her in the sequel but I don't think she'll be there unfortunately) but it was a good movie, the massive neuroi raid was great.
Oct 14, 2020 11:47 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Throughout this entire anime, I was hoping Yoshika or someone would set Shizuka straight since she loves Rules and Regulations so much, because speaking to a Superior Officer in the manner and tone she did is severely against the RR. Along with putting your hands on a SO and going against your SO.

I know it's not a serious military anime but come on, that would've felt good to see.
Jan 1, 2021 6:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yes, this is a direct prequel story for the witches before entering the previous year season: Road to Berlin. Finally i have been able to continue this franchises, before entering another season for this year with the name of World Witches. Yeah, one more season to get rid of! Overall, its still brought the same spirit from any SW series. It was of course, because this is really a direct continuations, from the previous series.

The girl whose brought a happiness to her team, Miyafuji, with the power of 'friendship' came back to her belongings, the blue sky. Her losing power from the S2 just a gimmick. Because no matter shit, SW was never be the SW without MC character like Miyafuji. Holy shit, i am no kidding! Another new additional witch characters like Shizuka, and Marie made the whole casts of the team felt really refreshing, for my eyes.

Another nice development arrived from their one and only enemies, Neuroi, that developed more further, because they have used the land as their nest that already outwit the monitoring posts. Even though, their design still kinda classic with that projectile type of form. Still, this is a nice signal that the next season will be enjoyable to binged watch. And possibly as a way to expand their witches into the land form (that already been introduced much at BW serie) in the full duration.

A little ashame that there was not enough amount of ecchi scenes. Such as on-point nudity, and boobs shot, like at the previous one, beside an obvious and always be market point of SW, their under part bodies shot, a pantsu's. Well, i am not gonna complain much, to believed. Because this movie actually was focused a lot to built their storyline, before reaching a third season. As a story wise, this movie really entertaining, and become an obvious satisfaction before reaching Road to Berlin.

Last words, as an admire of SW huge franchises, i admit that this movie is not that bad and simply an enjoyable watch. So, i simply give this one an obvious 8/10 .... Okay, then, lets continues to the third season of the SW!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 25, 2021 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
clannadlover said:
I hate to put this out there, but did Mio's laugh sound a tad bit off? I mean that is the trademark laugh so I think they should've put more attention to that.

I think her laugh sounded pretty normal to me.
Going off-topic: I really enjoyed this movie. I liked the fact that we got to see Miyafuji take charge as a leader. Shizuka was a little stiff at first in her view on soldiers' conduct, but I'm glad that she got some character development throughout the movie. It was really nice to see the gang all back together for one big showdown.
Mar 17, 2021 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
clannadlover said:
I hate to put this out there, but did Mio's laugh sound a tad bit off? I mean that is the trademark laugh so I think they should've put more attention to that.

It sounded forced, if you mean on the airplane at the end. It was probably two separate takes put together because they needed a big iconic laugh.

The second time watching this I can't help but feel it's a good movie for general audiences, but maybe not for fans of the show who have seen it all before. Still an Okay film.
Jun 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Feb 2020
This was a very good movie, but I also wanted to see more Eila and Sanya. :(

Anyway, I liked Shizuka a lot and her interactions with Yoshika, especially all the funny moments.

SerafosNov 29, 2023 9:12 AM
Jul 28, 2021 11:09 AM

Aug 2018
Glad to see new witches which were only teased previously coming back.. They actually get some scenes.. Schnaufer.. Then those Italian red panties trio girls.. ;P
Yoshika and Lynette are so close.. ;P And Perrine really became a well-mannered and noble oujo-sama in her home place.. Care about her own country and people really made her more mature.. ;P Perrine might even feel like the most mature lady out of everyone right now, to be honest.. It suits her.. I certainly like Perrine more like this, than when she was huffy-puffy on Yoshika all the time in the past.. She really changed..
Awakening of Yoshika's magic powers again.. Very emotional moment..
Strike Witches series learnt to use music quite well.. ;P How it's so silent.. And then music.. Works quite well.. ;P I quite enjoy how they use pauses, it's masterful, really.. ;P
As well as architecture was quite nice.. Strike Witches uses different countries architecture well, Venezia has feel of Venezia, or Perrine's castle.. It gives feel of all over the world and better feel of those places in particular.. ;P As if being in Italy, and stuff.. ;P
Aug 3, 2021 8:53 AM

Jul 2021
Gendolfas said:

Awakening of Yoshika's magic powers again.. Very emotional moment..

Yeah, not gonna lie I was tearing up a little bit. It made me so excited to see everyone calling out for Yoshika, and wanting to help her.

Very glad to see Yoshika back in action, I kind of expected it, but as the show kept going I actually began to think she may not get her powers back.

This movie was better than s1 and s2, but the movie was slacking on the fan service.
Aug 3, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2018
ColdBisquiT said:

This movie was better than s1 and s2, but the movie was slacking on the fan service.

I kind of agree on this opinion.. I also like your profile pic (Yuru Yuri is the best) and that you have lots of slice of life series in your favorites.. ;P
Aug 3, 2021 9:34 AM

Jul 2021
Gendolfas said:

I kind of agree on this opinion.. I also like your profile pic (Yuru Yuri is the best) and that you have lots of slice of life series in your favorites.. ;P

Nice to see that someone agrees lol. I don't mind that there was less fan service, but I think it was very noticeable that there was less. I think the movie was better story wise since they were able to build the suspense better.

Also thanks.
Aug 3, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
ColdBisquiT said:

Nice to see that someone agrees lol. I don't mind that there was less fan service, but I think it was very noticeable that there was less. I think the movie was better story wise since they were able to build the suspense better.

Also thanks.

I'd want more fanservice, lol.. ;P Though, how it was in movie - movie was still enjoyable.. ;P
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» "To Be Continued" At the end of the film?

Shishimai - Mar 24, 2012

35 by LemonTea387 »»
Aug 16, 2016 8:31 AM

» Fansub Group?

nenebest - Oct 29, 2012

11 by InfiniteZenith »»
Nov 8, 2012 5:10 PM

» Trailer

arsonal - Feb 8, 2012

11 by AirStyles »»
Aug 22, 2012 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.