Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2007 2:48 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An ok episode. It was nice that this show is getting more serious by the episode, but its not near to what i was hoping for before the series started. I hope they do something big for the next 2 episodes
Sep 11, 2007 9:21 PM

Jun 2007
yeah there was quite a bit of filler drama or so to speak, leaving the romance story in stagnation. Finally they reaffirm the confession and display the current status of the relationship i.e. Saito expressed love but is embarrassed around others knowing about it and Louise is unsure of reciprocating. Finally the sword comes back, hes certainly not as annoying as I thought he would be. His comments are enjoyable.

Sep 12, 2007 12:16 AM

May 2007
Great life philosophy here. Humanity over royal status and honor. Poor Louise. Henrietta and Louise were both childhood friends. Henrietta probably don't expect Louise to be perfect yet Louise want the best for Hime-sama. Saito is irritated and he can do anything about it. 2 more episodes left. I want this season to end with another bang.

I suppose we've entered the final saga already: The War. With this episode filled with drama, that leave us the action.

I also recall the Void magic. She did it unconsciously the first time (and without chanting a spell ;p). Derflinger's gotta be one of the funniest enchanced items next to Marcosius of Margery Daw.

And now, time for ecchi: (spoiler tagged for space)

Sep 12, 2007 12:53 AM

Jun 2007
hmm its getting better but still not as good as first season....
Sep 12, 2007 3:57 PM

Aug 2007
Indeed. Another episode where almost nothing happened.. Just two things - one city has been taken with no battle, and they lost "the dragon made of steel" (but i am sure it will be found soon :P).

By the way - nice spoilers, ChiBuki :)
Sep 13, 2007 1:42 AM

Apr 2007
The tactic Albion used in this episode reminds me of what happened to the French during their invasion of Russia (lookup "scorched earth").

But anyways, decent episode, its nice to see it finally start going somewhere, though at this point, my expectations are less than high.

Sep 14, 2007 2:24 PM

Jun 2007
I agree, those are some nice spoilers... I didnt think louise was going to do that :O
Sep 18, 2007 2:59 AM

Jun 2007
ezpheranza said:
I agree, those are some nice spoilers... I didnt think louise was going to do that :O

Shes a dirty girl, she just don't like to show it ;).

After all she gets her kicks by whipping the poor guy, dressing is sexy clothes, and making him wash her panties :P.
Jul 18, 2008 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
Episode was slow and that interesting to be honest.
Sep 23, 2008 9:43 PM

May 2008
ChiBuki said:

And now, time for ecchi: (spoiler tagged for space)

lol wow that is one heck of a gif
Oct 3, 2008 8:14 AM

Jun 2007
It was an alright episode. I have now learnt that when I'm stranded in a snowy wilderness, I should take my clothes off, as opposed to keeping them on, which would make more sense...:S

PS: Not that I'm complaining that Louise did that.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 3, 2008 2:59 PM
Jun 2008
I liked this epi. Saito showed how a man should be =)
Jan 14, 2009 9:58 AM

Dec 2008
Mhn I dont think that two persons can produce more temperature in the snow when they are naked.
that would only work for some hours then youre an ice block ;D
That scene was similar to Rosario to Vampire Capu 2.

This episode was so-so for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was pretty good, the three characters got to talk about what it is that drives them and makes their worlds go round. Pretty great stuff.
Dec 5, 2010 1:46 PM

Oct 2010
That was quite annoying. First she failed and then she blamed Saito that he hesitated to kill enemy. Then after he told her that it was her fault, she started punching him. I still enjoy this series, but her "baka baka baka dog" isn't fun that much as it used to be in first season.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Jun 27, 2011 8:58 AM
Jul 2010
I loved this episode. Saito and Louise were both less annoying than usual, they learnt something about the void magic and expressed what drives the way they live. Not much happened but I still thought this was one of the best episodes so far.
Sep 29, 2011 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
Well at least Louise took of her clothes and cuddled Saito...if only he had been conscious that would have been real progress. I get a feeling we'll see Henry again. Henry....Henry....where have I heard that name before in connection with "Albion" history?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 8, 2012 4:47 PM

May 2011
another great episode. drama was very nicely done :)
Mar 22, 2012 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
Love this season, drama is nice once in awhile. :)
Apr 24, 2012 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
As I feared when they officially declared war, the conflict is dragging longer. Albion just did a scorched earth policy not only on the Germania and Tristain's forces but to it's citizen on South Gotha as well. Now I'm concerned the attacking forces might be stretching their supply lines too far and too thin, an effect of strategic overreach.

It was OK on the first season and I'm tolerating it half way this season but man, it finally got to me, I'm tired and annoyed of Louise beating Saito and calling him stupid dog.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 2, 2012 10:40 PM

Jun 2012
And Saito decides to turn evil the next season in order to reshape the worlds ruling structure so that Louise won't have to stick with that ariistocrat bullcrap......oh wait wrong show.....
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jun 25, 2013 10:26 PM

Jun 2012
Woah woah woah WOAH, what's up with tall this aristocrap garbage? Man, do people actually think that way? "Society has labeled me as X, and has expectations for me to behave like X. I'm going to completely abandon any personal beliefs and philosophies so society can assimilate me. I will live a life under the doctrine of X, because someone told me to."

Actually, that sounds disturbingly similar to religion. I guess people really do think that way. Regardless of that fact, I couldn't help but cringe every time I heard Louise say "but I have to do this, because I'M AN ARISTOCRAT@!!!1!!11!". Mindless.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 3, 2013 7:17 PM
Mar 2013
Louise is frigging annoying...
Aug 1, 2013 8:46 PM

May 2013
Louise sure got steamy with Saito...
Jun 8, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
ep was meh for me
[/quote]
Jun 15, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Saito, unconscious when Louise get nude for him xD

We got to see a bit more how the noble honor works, that dying in pride is a great honor. I cracked up when Saito mentionned the seppuku and Louise took it seriously!

I wonder how they'll end the second season... Anyway, that preview looked... promising ;)
Nyaa!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 30, 2014 5:13 AM

Apr 2013
I disagree with almost everything that has been said this episode, didn't like it too much.
May 12, 2015 8:29 AM

Mar 2010
Laraso said:
Woah woah woah WOAH, what's up with tall this aristocrap garbage? Man, do people actually think that way? "Society has labeled me as X, and has expectations for me to behave like X. I'm going to completely abandon any personal beliefs and philosophies so society can assimilate me. I will live a life under the doctrine of X, because someone told me to."

Actually, that sounds disturbingly similar to religion. I guess people really do think that way. Regardless of that fact, I couldn't help but cringe every time I heard Louise say "but I have to do this, because I'M AN ARISTOCRAT@!!!1!!11!". Mindless.

Well if i look at how kings and queens act and are forced to act and behave.. There are ppl who think like that i guess and yes religion is another good example..
Jul 25, 2015 9:37 PM
Jul 2015
Louise is annoying as fuck.
May 21, 2016 2:55 AM

Jan 2016
Well that I’m at saito’s side here, like come on, Bullshit honour isn’t that important than the one u Fucking love! stupid “Aristocrats”. Nice to see its getting serious now!! Oh also just realised.. No more plane xD

Did like this episode as well i disliked it for this honour shit. ugh
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 28, 2016 6:19 AM

Mar 2014
Reputation and Honor . Royalties ~ . And what a fanciful entrance ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
Cebola92 said:
I liked this epi. Saito showed how a man should be =)

Too bad he can't act on the part of being a man. This episode annoyed me: Royalty this and Royalty that. Enough royalty.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jul 4, 2016 12:03 AM
Dec 2015
This was a pretty good episode. Maybe not the most action but for everything that was said and the philosophy behind it is great. Yes, you need to have honor but not at the cost of your life. Fight in order to return to your loved ones. You are only human so live. Great episode
Aug 13, 2016 11:00 PM
Jul 2016
This episode sure feels like filler. The only thing that was somewhat interesting was that Derf actually got a few lines of dialog. And the MC finally uses his sword in a pointless fight, despite not even taking it out during the battle last episode.
Sep 8, 2018 2:20 AM

Jan 2013
The princess is a push-over.
In other news; more cringe and filler.
Jun 28, 2019 6:36 AM

Feb 2016
"I just want to protect the one I love" is childish at best, it's 'shallow thinking'.

So is he's only going to kill to protect Louise from physical harm?
what about her friends, family, home and way of life?
what about her friend's and family's homes and way of life.
what happens to all that if their country gets rekt?

The current war is in response to the enemy's invasion and covert attacks, the enemy can try and fail 100 times -they only need to succeed once.

Childish; at best.
Nov 29, 2019 3:53 AM

Jun 2017
Even for an Aristocrat in their world, Louise seems to be taking it over the top. Muh, I failed, muh honor, muh I must atone for this, I just find it very very annoying if not irksome hearing her say she must pay for it for her life and she must protect her honor even if it means death. Too prideful. Tsk.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 3, 2020 2:19 PM

Dec 2018
really tired of all this cliche moralizing in anime
war= bad
social classes = bad
wow what an original take, and not even a thoughtful one at that
Sep 1, 2021 8:06 PM

Nov 2010
I'd love to cuddle with Louise in the cold as well. hehe
Nov 25, 2023 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
This season is actually pretty dark, wasnt expecting this show to be so mature at all.

With all this talk about aristocrat nonsense this world really needs Marx.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 5, 8:02 AM

Aug 2019
such a boring dumb stupid episode yet again.
once again i must say that i like that saito confessed to louise and that she didnt just ignore it but they are still not doing anything with their relationship.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Faust721 - Sep 25, 2007

196 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 18, 2007

50 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 3, 2007

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 27, 2007

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 5, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 20, 2007

54 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 3, 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.