Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 13, 2016 5:36 PM

Apr 2012
I also enjoyed this exactly until the minute Agito got superpowers.

Lot of weak writing really, very Ghibli-lite.

- How exactly were the "villain" and the army's goals different, at any point? Why suddenly turn on each other?
- Did he really have to conduct his war in Neutral City other than to just be a dick?
- Volcanos aren't moveable lava guns! The lava is underground! Jeez
- Why couldn't the forest spirits and people just live in harmony to begin with? What suddenly changed exactly?
- Constant "Toola" was sooooo annoying

*Explosion aborted. Commencing self-destruct by explosion*
Mar 22, 2016 5:04 PM

May 2014
So disappointing story-wise. Like, really neat concepts, but a lot of them were just so badly done, lol. Or presented but not explored at all, which is unfortunate to say the least.

Was really looking forward to this, damn. :c
Feb 14, 2017 5:06 AM

Oct 2014
what a snorefest 2/10
May 19, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
Dull and incredibly predictable. Solid 2/10.
Oct 18, 2017 3:10 AM

May 2016
So I guess the moral of the story is to give in to someone who tyrannizes you?
Wow, how wonderful!

1 out of 5.
The 1 only because the opening was great.
May 10, 2019 8:08 PM

Dec 2015
half baked piece of shit literally
May 16, 2019 8:11 PM

Nov 2016
I was kind of expecting something better than this, it definitely had potential. I guess it wouldn't hurt for Agito to expand his dictionary. I guess there was the OST that was fine.
May 17, 2020 3:26 AM
Apr 2008
A very interesting and original setting, great art and decent music, but an absolute failure in all other departments. The story in its present form is a pure cliche, the characters are either incredibly stupid and annoying, or undeveloped, or both. The pacing and direction are atrocious.
At first I was thinking this is a really bad adaptation of a manga cut in pieces and smashed together, but then I remembered that there is no manga.

4/10. Such a wasted potential.
Jun 24, 2021 1:18 PM

Sep 2020
The plot is very generic although the animation is really good I really like the opening and ending but in between I almost fall asleep , it took 3 days for me to complete this anime ,

6/10
Jul 29, 2021 12:10 PM
Sep 2018
A great concept and worldbuilding that were wasted due to it being a movie. It felt like a recap
Nov 27, 2021 11:12 PM

Feb 2021
I thought the movie was great but it didnt really matched my expectations.
The animation and music was really good but there was also bad use of CGI and the romance didn't make any sense to me.
But the I loved the ending song.Overall it is a 6/10

It would have been good if this movie was actually a series.
Mar 3, 2022 3:11 PM

Aug 2016
TOOOOLAAAAAAAAAAA: The Movie
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jan 23, 2023 3:59 AM

Jul 2016
it was a movie with great, boundless potential. a pool of ideas, concepts, and in-depth worldbuilding that was just waiting to be tapped into - but it ultimately was not drawn from properly. we only see glimpses and mere flashes of the past, future, and present... when i envision stretching this movie into a full series, i get chills up my spine. just imagine how immeasurably more rewarding that would have been. being able to explain the technology, the failed research, expanding the tense interactions with the forest and its druids, some stuffing on tula's decision to leave as soon as the first opportunity presented itself, how assimilation into both neutral city and ragna differed, a cohesive history... with that runtime, i do understand that there isn't space to possibly fit it all without the end product being a complete fiasco. the biggest problem of gin iro no kami no agito in my view, ended up being the characters themselves. shallow, deficient development, little inner monologue for a main character whose movie is named after him, shabby dialogue... and shabby to the point where i anticipated to hear "tula" at every turn, which was exactly what i'd end up hearing. congratulations agito, you have the one-track mind of a goldfish. inside that brute force skull is either a child's valiant sense of unwavering heroism, hollow heroism, or a resolute love. the latter (though pushed by the narrative) is difficult to buy into, even taking into account that it is a movie with movie related constraints. come on now. we becoming a tree for this sh*t? to add, agito's voice acting was disappointingly subpar. i don't remember thinking it was bad in 2011's UN-GO (katsuji ryou's sole other main character seiyuu role). he improved from poor and unsuited to unremarkable. this is simply not his calling...

i still give it a 9/10, from the 10/10 i was expecting. it was comprised of elements that i already knew i was going to hone in on, such as the man vs. nature theme: which i never tire of. the art, animation, and opening sequence are some of the BEST that i've ever witnessed. TOP; gonzo did not come to play. except for that one jarring vine cgi part... i was floored by the opening, especially when i heard kokia's "chouwa oto ~with reflection~" playing. i had no idea for so long that it was used for gin iro no kami no agito... now the track's title and lyrics own higher significance. a crazy, unforgettable scene.
Feb 28, 10:38 PM
Jul 2020
TOOOLAAAA!!!!!

TOOLAAA!!!!

TOOOOOOLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» This movie slaps

theanimefreak95 - Apr 14, 2022

4 by Potato_Water »»
Apr 22, 2022 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.