Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 30, 2012 4:19 AM

Jun 2012
What was Stiyl doing there at exactly the right time when Toma got back to his dorm? Was he waiting there for him? And how did he have time to set up all those runes before he got there? Did he do it expecting Toma would be there to stop him or something? Also, it is later known that those two chasing after Index are actually her friends, but if so, then how come Stiyl kicks her in the head during this episode when she was lying on the ground? Is that really something a friend would do? Also if Toma knew that Index would come back for her hat because it would be trouble for him, how come Toma didn’t just destroy it in the first place to avoid her being tracked? So are so many things that don’t add up.
Never go full retard
Jul 6, 2012 7:57 AM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode!!

Everything about it was perfect! BA fight, Epic rescue, intense dialogue, and brew-pounding, chain-smoking loli-sensei!!

I also absolutely love the character designs/art in this show!

My only bitch for this episode is why didn't Stiyl at least defend himself from/counter Kamijo's epic punch?
He's clearly a lot older, and probably stronger than him.

You could speculate a few options:
1. He was so shocked that he defeated his fire monster he couldn't react in time.
2. It's part of Kamijo's powers.
3. He's really a weakling without his magic.
idk?

Overall it's 5/5 for this ep!
Loving this series so far, once I finish the first season, I will definitely be reading the LN's and the Railgun Manga!

Urahara Out!!
Dec 2, 2012 9:59 AM

Aug 2011
Interesting episode... Though, how did the water erase ink from the ceiling? o.O And Kamijou is like a real sceptic, around whom nothing supernatural works xD
Jan 30, 2013 12:01 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was nice! Finally we meet Index it seems she's a sort of OS buried in her and using that girl as vessel... The fight was quite amazing and it seems the main char has some kick ass powers of his own! But lol that teacher and the bunny suit :p She's a bit to loli to see accompanied with beer and cigarettes :p

Either way nice ending a mysterious woman on the end lets find out who she might be!
May 21, 2013 5:39 AM

Dec 2010
This is just surpassing my expectations ^^ I love this anime!

O-o-oh, Index is so moe <3 :3
MeritasMay 21, 2013 4:02 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:33 AM

May 2013
hmmmmmm
Jul 6, 2013 12:26 AM

Oct 2012
Index just shut Touma down! Damn >_< Poor Touma. Rejection was imminent.
Jul 30, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
joanah009 said:
nice episode.. Touma's right hand is really something o.o
im looking forward for ep.3

he must be a wizard, if you know what i mean
Nov 19, 2013 1:13 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode! XD
the battle is really aweosme.. and the truth that touma cant stay in that room is really hard.. :/ I know that feeling :/
Dec 8, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
Oh wow I wonder why I didn't start this anime sooner. I like it a lot.
And I must say I love her expression :). (ep 1 screenshot)
Dec 24, 2013 6:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Clever way to defeat Iccentius by getting the papers wet and letting the water erase the ink. The fight was pretty good as well.

Mar 17, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
How old is chain smoking loli sensei o_O
Mar 21, 2014 5:32 PM

Nov 2012
That was one nice of a punch.
Apr 3, 2014 3:18 AM

Aug 2009
MrSideliner said:
Can someone tell me why nobody exited their dorm rooms when they heard the commotion outside? Is he the only one living in that building?! xD
The other residents were out enjoying the first day of summer vacation.

If there were people there, Styil would have used a rune to create a " people clearing field"
Jun 16, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2014
I find this show so boring... Does it get better?
Men always seem to think about their past before they die, as though he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.
Jun 21, 2014 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Touma badass again,missed this so much! :D The power of the right hand,love to see the face of Touma enemies when they discover that he can cancel all their spells :D
Index is almost dying but that loli teacher will help her,hahahah her room is a mess,full of cigarretes & beer ahahha xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
Episode thoughts from my tumblr:

Straight up to my thoughts of episode 2. Well what to say, it had a lot of action. Which by JC Staff standards looked pretty darn amazing. It looked like the “villain” was really OP for this early in the series, but when they revealed that his “monster” was powered up by pieces of paper? What? seriously?

The MC showed again that he has some kinda wits in him and I like how he didn’t leave Index behind and took on the Red-haired bishie dude straight on *applauds* Nice little punch too :)

Oh the loli teacher returned. In a god almighty cute bunny suit I might add. The MC apparently disturbed her quite time sitting at home in her bunny suit drinking beer and smoking cigarettes… Yes you heard it right. This loli sensei is one bad ass bitch o/ I laughed out loud when she asked the MC “You don’t like girls who smoke?” xDD That gives +1 rating for this episode.

Poor MC though as he can’t really do anything for the poor injured Index. It will be nice to see how the sensei manage to save Index.

Overall a really solid episode, with some small problems but nothing too much. And dam that female villain at the end looked mighty fine :3

4/5 episode.
Jun 26, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2009
"villains"....

For your own good experience dont be hasty and label everyone a villain.
Jun 27, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2009
I can label everyone a villain and still have fun watching. Just because you cannot doesn't mean other people can.
Jun 27, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2009
Sir_Lexa said:
I can label everyone a villain and still have fun watching. Just because you cannot doesn't mean other people can.
No I mean especially about this series. When more than half of them are actually victims/good guys, it could get irritating.

It doesnt bother ME, it's just a tip.
Jul 21, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
rigt hand too OP
nerf plz

Touma did great on the battle. It was pretty a bit cocky for him to not even look at his enemy to see if he had defeated him.
The guy was talking like an asshole, but he oddly seemed to cares about Index.

Index remind me of those ''things'' from Shinsekai yori :P

New girl look sexy as fuck. I wonder if she's a magician too, maybe she's the one the flame dude was talking about, that someone who was surprised she was slashed.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2014 9:06 PM
Jun 2014
4 ft tall beer drinking loli in a bunny suit "sensei" WTF
Aug 14, 2014 11:48 PM

Nov 2013
Seriously fuck this anime. There's literally no point of making all the characters goddamn moe. Too many lollies this anime is shit.

Aug 15, 2014 12:27 AM

Aug 2009
ChaoticSilence said:
Seriously fuck this anime. There's literally no point of making all the characters goddamn moe. Too many lollies this anime is shit.

An opinion about a show based on how many "moe" or loli characters are in it, is a shitty opinion.
Nov 24, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
He can block magic. This anime it's full of action... :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jun 10, 2015 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
GREAT EPISODE
Dec 23, 2015 6:55 AM

Mar 2015
The plot is still good.

WOW! Index memorized all grimoire contents is just WOW.

Touma right hand is very useful against combat but there is pitfall behind it. Not able to use magic.

Battle tactics is good in this fight between Red hair and Touma.
Jan 11, 2016 2:25 PM

Jan 2012
Great defense or should i say.

Feb 17, 2016 6:19 AM
Apr 2015
-where is everyone in the building during the fight?
-innocentius is 3000 degree celcius but touma can easily bypassed it XD
sorry for my english >,<
Apr 6, 2016 11:45 PM
Apr 2016
hey does anyone know how toma somehow tellaports to the floor below because anywhere i look nobody seems to know or have any answer
Jul 28, 2016 11:01 PM

Dec 2013
Touma was pretty beast punching that scrub in the face.

Loli Sensei was sort of funny but don't really care for her appearance.
Nov 28, 2016 8:09 AM

Nov 2014
This is an interesting series and I'd like to watch this so I can watch Railgun, but this episode was boring as shit. I can't stand the edgy character designs and the fight that ate most of the episode time lacked any and all context to get me interested in it.

I hope we get some actual content like plot and characterization in the next episode, otherwise I'm going to drop this in a heartbeat. I need more reasons to care about these characters, so please dial down the drama.
Dec 2, 2016 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
During first half, the pacing was a little off, I think. And the teacher is a little too much, even though her character has now attained the "lad-ette" trope as well.
Jul 21, 2017 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
Disliked it. Too many stupid things happened
- MC is asking irrelevant questions to the dying sister
- antagonist does a monologue explaining stuff when he was planning to kill the MC afterwards
- the flame demon doesn't light up the paper runes when passing them. But water affects the ink on the paper
- antagonist easily stepped away from the punch of mc but after the demon is defeated, he didn't move an inch
- more explanations from the dying sister instead of bringing her to the hospital
- MC cares too much in general about a random loli that happened to jump into your random balcony and has 1 conversation with.
Sep 29, 2017 2:09 AM

Nov 2016
The fight was a little dragged, but it was still a good one.

I like the sensei more and more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2017 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, still not really convinced. I kinda expected this to be... just better. Will keep watching for now though.
Feb 4, 2018 1:23 PM

Sep 2017
If Touma has such bad luck, I wonder if his right hand cancels out the power of boners..

Anyways, not much to this episode besides the fight, the fire was nicely animated and it went by quite fast. Also got a little more info on the books, so some plot content
Nov 23, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2012
LoonyLimbo said:
So a grown man was taken out by a kid. No, seriously. I understand that his magic was useless at that point but he just stood their in awe..waiting to be punched in the face. No magic, no confidence, he couldn't side-step him like he did before..? Hah, okay^^

Pretty much this.

slayermusiq1 said:
Disliked it. Too many stupid things happened
- MC is asking irrelevant questions to the dying sister
- antagonist does a monologue explaining stuff when he was planning to kill the MC afterwards
- the flame demon doesn't light up the paper runes when passing them. But water affects the ink on the paper
- antagonist easily stepped away from the punch of mc but after the demon is defeated, he didn't move an inch
- more explanations from the dying sister instead of bringing her to the hospital
- MC cares too much in general about a random loli that happened to jump into your random balcony and has 1 conversation with.

And this.
Jan 11, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2013
Time passes by quickly when you're having fun lol

Loli-sensei smokes and drinks-- A SHIT TON LMAO XDDD

I hope Index recovers soon; it's only the 2nd ep, gurl. You gots dis!
Jan 11, 2019 5:22 PM

May 2013
Now that I think about it, why did Barcode step on Index and then look concerned about her well-being later on? Lmao. Idiot xD
Jan 16, 2019 3:24 AM

Aug 2017
Touma's method to defeat Innocentus and Stiyl was good.

So, only normal people can actually use magic. The loli-teacher needs to save Index!!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 31, 2019 2:20 AM

Nov 2013
Decent pacing so far, although to be expected these first episodes don’t handle the info dumping of the first volume too well. Not the anime’s fault in this case though.

Number 2 best girl appears next, my favorite Yamato nadeshiko :^)
Nov 27, 2019 9:01 AM

Aug 2018
Nice episode but it looks old as fuck
Feb 28, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
Em.. Why this mage wants to kill our guy?.. I mean, is it just for fun, it's been a while since he killed something, so let's do it for lulz?.. Is that it?.. Or what kind of motivation the mage has?..
So.. Our MC did destroy Index' defensive clothes' barrier?.. And that's why she's wounded laying on the ground?.. Damn, if so..
Index sounded robotic there for a moment..
Yeah! Bitch-slap that murderer! ;P But really.. What's his business trying to kill people around randomly anyway?..
Damn, it's only the second episode, but maybe I ship these two like I never shipped any pair in such fast time, lol.. ;p Well, I mean, their care for each other is too touching.. And drama is surrounding their relationship as well, with maybe it could be the last time Touma could see Index.. Because he had to leave due to his power.. And she might not return to not put him in danger.. It's just so sad.. I guess it won't happen like this, but it could be like this, really..
Jun 29, 2020 12:28 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well ok stuff hapens. Fight of doom between Fire mage something and MC.
Index should be healed with magic n stuff I see I see.

I still dont know if I like or dislike this anime badly ._. I just know I watch an episode here and then since something is bothering me for now.

Jun 22, 2021 2:57 AM

Apr 2020
The girl at the end was hotter that the fight in this episode
Jul 5, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Re-watching
Ah yes, the strong act tough until they get smarted out by the weak!

Oho? According to Index, people with supernatural abilities (Espers) has always been a thing since ancient times! And because not everyone had supernatural abilities, Magic was discovered! How interesting! I wonder if this is also true in real life?
Jul 12, 2021 8:35 PM

Mar 2016
Nice to see a protaganist with an actual brain for and not just able to win based on will and some special power they barely understand.
Just how strong are Touma's bones and organs though?! That fall from the staircase, off the bike shed roof and into some bikes and he was able to run off without even a sign of a bruised rib! :O
Apr 20, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Touma Anti Magic? kinda like Asta from Black Clover?

oh yeah the Teacher, why it look like a child? wtf
Nov 6, 2022 5:02 PM
Sep 2016
Teacher lives in a shithole apartment, smokes and drinks heavily.. my kind of woman.

the villain is a kingdom hearts character. My kind of show
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Mar 8, 2009

113 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:11 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Mar 14, 2009

61 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.