Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2012 5:04 AM
Jul 2011
This clubs needs some activity, desperately.
So here are my favorite webtoons… they also are all the webtoons I've read up to date:

9. Sfumare -
Cliched vampire love story that's pretty hamfisted, if you ask me. Like the female lead for being feisty and selfish, but that's about all there is to her.

8. A Fairytale for the Demonlord -
It looks beautiful. It has a sweet twist at the ending, what with the change of who is to be saved. It is also very very grim and dark and cruel with no point that it gets a little dreary. The action is not really that great and everybody is kind of an asshole.

7. Noblesse -
I really like this one. Kickass action, amazing drawing, and the humor is actually pretty funny. My only real problem is that we get the same simple story told in every arc (except Lukedonia) and now it seems rather repetitive.

6. Girls of the Wild's -
Yeah. It's good. Read it now. It really gets to me, time and time again. And finally the main guy has learnt to kick some ass, isn't that great? Also, the art is very pretty.

5. Space -
Just the whole concept of god creating a single girl and giving her the job and responsibility to create the world is so awesome that I have to like this. It's sweet and funny and suddenly turns dark and edgy, goes back again and I think that's cool.

4. The Demonking Is Bored -
Having an evil overlord being so bored that he's trolling the entire world is a comedy goldmine.

3. Kubera -
Man, this is getting more epic chapter by chapter. And that's all I can say, starts kind of slow but gets better and better and better and suddenly it's in your top 3.

2. Kiss Wood -
The main character is cool and different, the setting is cool and different, the escape plot is something that is not seen often, the art is beautiful and stylish. I really like this one. I just figured I might be kind of a hipster as well. Man, this series is teaching me so much.

1. Tower of God -
I couldn't properly explain why I love Tower of God so much for the life of me. So just take my word for it that this is actually one of the best stories ever written.

I'd love to see your lists and what you think.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 30, 2012 10:34 PM

Jun 2008
I haven't read that many webtoons, so I'll just comment on your list as well as add in some of the ones that I'm enjoying.

I agree with Tower of God being number one on your list. It's something you shouldn't have to explain once you read it. XD Koon is a genius and SIU is great for creating comedy yet knowing how to move the plot forward. I loved Baam's naivety.

Peak is interesting; it gives insight on how a mountain ranger works.

Wake up Deadman is well, the title! I like the action and comedy.

Cheese in the Trap is interesting. At first I thought 'a typical romance story' but it is somewhat dark and there's a love triangle which I adore~~~

Crepuscule has beautiful art and the story isn't something to be awed by, but it's still developing and hasn't gotten into any major story developments. I hope I can say the story is something worth a check by the time it gets the ball rolling.

I didn't like Kubera because of the main female character. She's too annoying for me and the same thing with Magician. That's why I'm not rushing to catch up on the chapters.

Noblesse is indeed simple. The only real reason I'm reading it is because of the characters, not so much for the story. Lukedonia is by far the most entertaining/interesting arc.
-------------
I've been reading more webtoons!

City of the Dead Sorcerer/Superior Day/Hanged Doll are all by the same author and the stories are pretty interesting. They are thrillers which, of course, keep me on the edge of my seat.

Melo Holic was pretty cute in a twisted way... I like the humor. :D

Song of the Cloud, oh gosh, I love where it's heading, the art, the characters--basically everything! This is the type of genre I like to read--romance with other things in between. I like reading about the road to success. :] Drama incoming! Hehe.

I'm basically mentioning everything I've been reading.. ;..;

If I had to have a list it would be:
1. Tower of God
2. Song of the Cloud
3. City of the Dead Sorcerer
Aina-ChanAug 9, 2012 10:40 PM
HEY!
Sep 12, 2012 6:41 PM

Oct 2011
T.o.G. and Trace... Dr. Frost eventually??
Sep 25, 2012 7:32 AM

Jul 2009
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=687385

the ones scored with 10 and maybe noblesse
Sep 30, 2012 1:28 AM
Dec 2010
There are so many that I think are good.

Tower of God and Noblesse are fun to read. I especially like T.O.G's story and characters. In Noblesse the fight scenes with Frankenstein are pretty awesome and it also has its cute and humorous moments too with Rai

Can't see can't hear but love is a terrific comedy, drama, and romance manwha. The drawing is cute. The personal stories of each character are emotional and heartwarming. Don't be surprised if you cry.

Peak is a great manwha about rock climbing. When I saw the cover I didn't expect rockclimbing. I would have turned away from this manwha if I had known if it was about rock climbing, but I'm glad I didn't. I feel it's more about human development rather than rock climbing.

Kubera is also a good read. I thought there was too little dialogue per chapter.You could probably finish a chapter really quickly.

Welcome to Room #305 is about two roommates and one of which is gay and the the other with homophobia. It may be insightful for some. The drawing will make you laugh. They made a serious issue into something funny.

Dr.Frost is interesting. If you're a psychology major you may like it. I liked learning about the psychology info.

Transfer Student Storm Bringer is like Angel Densetsu. The only thing I didn't like about it may just have been the drawings. It looked like it was roughly drawn.

Annarasumanara is a terrific manwha. It's short, but it leaves you with a good feeling when you finish.

Girls the wild seems like it could be a harem, but I don't think it is. I was surprised in the beginning about how the main character could be beaten up so bad and humiliated like that. I was shocked. Dal Dal is the cutest character in personality.

Some other ones I thought were good (like a 7/10) that are a good way to kill time were :
Trace
Paladin
Gepetto
Wonted
The Demon King is bored
BtoW8Sep 30, 2012 3:11 PM
Nov 10, 2012 4:27 PM
Jun 2010
1. Annarasumanara

1. My heart is Beating (same author as annarasumanara)

3. Tower of God

3. Orange marmarlaid
Dec 25, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
Been reading it since yesterday so I got to where the translations left off today, but I must say Can't see can't hear but love, quickly (very quickly) became one of my favorite reads. The underlying feelings (haven't felt so many feelings for some time now) kept me reading it through and through. I hope the translators will finish it soon so I can fully re-read it.

I also liked Crepuscule, but it lost me who knows where. It became boring.
koleareDec 25, 2012 9:03 AM
Jan 11, 2013 3:49 PM
May 2012
My favorites are Tower of God and Noblesse. Noblesse has a really good art and you can see how the autor improve it since the beginning of the series, the humor is good in a not exagerated way and I just love the characters! Tower of God is just... Wow. Once you started reading you can't stop. If you are reading it you can understand what I mean.
Nineteen, twenty one is very cute.
Crepuscle is nice but it's just starting to get cool, the same with Orange Marmalade.
God of High School is a very good one too.

Apr 4, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2011
I've only read Knight Run and Girls of the Wild's. I just started on Orange Marmalade today due to finding this club. Out of the two I have read it's really hard to choose between the two. They're both exceptional in their own rights. If anything I would probably lean more towards Girls of the Wild's since I seem to really like martial arts manga with that sort of underdog tone. The Breaker/New Waves anyone?

Any recommendations for webtoons would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to pretty much anything minus sports. They don't do much for me.
Unscripted
Life without Fear
Apr 9, 2013 6:53 PM

Sep 2012
1. Noblesse
2. Crepuscule
3. Tower Of God
4. Girls The Wild
5. The God Of Highschool

my top 5 ^.^ looking for more
"Im feeling it tonight roflcopterskatesbbq"
Jun 20, 2013 11:55 PM

Aug 2010
1. Space
2. Abide In The Wind
3. Tower Of God
4. Layers
5. Annarasumanara
Jun 26, 2013 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
1) Tower of God
2) Kubera
3) The God of High School
4) Crepuscule
5) Godly Bells
6)Girls of the Wild
7) Trace
8) Dr. Frost
9) Noblesse
10) Orange Marmalade

I'm not really sure how I rank my favorite webtoons, but all I know for sure is that Tower of God is my numero uno!~ (^▽^)
Jul 9, 2013 9:12 PM

Feb 2013
1) Tower of God
2) Noblesse
3) The God of High School
4) Magician (KIM Sarae)
5) Under Prin
6) Soul Cartel
7) Crepuscule
8) Kubera
9) Girls of the Wild
10) Ability
11) Orange Marmalade
Jul 13, 2013 9:03 AM

Mar 2013
1.Tower of God
2.The God of High School
3.Noblesse
4.Soul Cartel
5.Crepuscule
6.Ability
7.Kubera
Jul 15, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2010
1.Tower of God
2.The God of Highschool
3.Noblesse
4.Dr.Frost
5.Annarasumanara
6.Transfer Student Storm Bringer/Reboot
7.Girls of the Wild
8.Wake up Deadman
9.Ability
10.Godly Bells

It seems pretty unanimous that Tower of God is simply a God-Tier Webtoon :)
Jul 17, 2013 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
1. Girls of the Wild
2. Orange Marmalade
3. Crepuscule
Aug 5, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2011
So far:
1. Tower of God (10/10)
2. Noblesse (9/10)
3. Kiss Wood (9/10)
4. Kubera (9/10)
5. Ability (8/10)
6. Godly Bells (7/10) - only started

and this little one :

7.The Story of a White Mouse (7/10)
Sep 20, 2013 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
1. Cheese In The Trap
2. Kubera
3. Noblesse
4. Orange Marmalade
5. Girls of The Wild

It's a pretty weird listing, i know, But I'm a big fan of romance, so Cheese in The Trap was my number one. I haven't really read Tower of God, only about 6 chapters, so I haven't really read enough chapters to judge it. XD
PinkShippuden
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ╾━╤デ╦︻(രᴗര )
Oct 1, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
1.Tower of God
2.Girls of the Wild
3.Dr.Frost
4.Can't see can't hear but love

it's also the list what I read so fare I guess ;-))
Oct 3, 2013 5:46 AM
Feb 2010
1. Cheese In The Trap
What I really appreciate about CITT is how relatable it is. The characters actually have substance to them. I constantly find myself saying, "Hey! I know a person like that." Sul isn't a ditzy, dull, unobservant, cliche girl, who magically touches the hearts of all the characters around her. She's very life-like. She makes mistakes. Since I'm also in college I feel I can say that many of the issues Sul faces (grades, money, exams, work, classes/credits, social groups and partying) are very spot on.

2. One Last God Kubera
Kubera is an amazing piece of sci-fi/fantasy. It's very funny and enthralling. The story starts out slow but picks up fast and just keeps getting faster. AMAZING!

3. Noblesse
This was the first Webcomic I've ever read, and I actually found it by mistake. Lucky me! The humor is quite clever and not over-the-top ridiculous. The art also improves vastly over time.

4. Annarasumanara
This was the second Webcomic I've ever read, and I can hardly describe its beauty in words. Artistically speaking, it's handled very well. The story is a bit dark, but it's the type to leave you thinking about it after you're done.

5. City Of Dead Sorcerer
This story has a very interesting concept. Not going to lie it's kinda creepy at some points, taking on a Higurashi no koro ni style of showing a scary eye peeking through a cracked door.

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Oct 11, 2013 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
My current favourite is definitely Afterschool War Activities by Ha Il-Kwon, author of Annarasumanara, My Heart is Beating, God of Bath, etc. He's an amazing artist and storyteller, and is fantastic at creating fascinating stories. The art is simple but gorgeous, and I love how interesting each chapter is. Definitely recommended if you like survival stories like Dangan Ronpa, or Blood Royale, or if you're just looking for a thriller that'll keep you on the edge of your seat/
Nov 3, 2013 4:05 AM
Jun 2013
1. Abide in the wind- I love romance and this one is full of terrifying monsters betrayal and characters you really get attached to. It's a fantasy/romance where most of the characters the protagonist meets are evil. Not to mention her love interest is a shota who grows up through the story, also he's a dragon. I've tried to find ones similar to this and I've failed.

2. Kubera - never has a single repetitive arc or a page that doesn't look like it should be an art mag cover. The protagonist is hilarious and her allies are courageous and have interesting stories attached to them. It's a tearjerker at more than one point and it's full of great battles

3. The demon king is bored - an exellent gag to on with good art and a plot full of hilarious characters being harassed by the sadistic main character who is a bored demon king who never ever loses.
Dec 21, 2013 4:22 PM

Mar 2009
I haven't read a lot webtoons but all I read were really great.
3. Level Combination
Diamond Dust
Annarasumanara
Jan 6, 2014 11:58 AM
Aug 2012
1. Kubera
2. Tower Of God
3. Dr. Frost
4. Annarasumanara
5. Crepuscule
6. Orange Marmalade
7. Cheese In The Trap
8. Magician
9. The God of High School
10. Trace

While the top 4 being definite, the rest are kind of iffy and can be switched around.

Also, going to mention Black Haze, has been pretty enjoyable.
Jan 12, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2011
My favorite has to be TAL, and it's FINALLY come back from break!! :D
--
I just read The Gamer and it's really good too!
Black Haze, God of HS, Trump, and Ability + TAL and now The Gamer = read day it comes out

--
Ones I bulk that are pretty good:
Noblesse, ToG, Godly Bells, Soul Cartel, Orange Marmalade, and Crepescule
--

Aletheia and A Thousand Years Nine Tails are alright.

I havent really read Trace 1.5+ but Trace, Kisswood, and Wolf's Castle are pretty alright too.

There's lots of other Webtoons i've read, but these are the more notable ones. The others either got too boring after enough chapters, weren't memorable enough for keeping up w/ updates, or not....good...

-
One thing I love about Webtoons is the different concepts that are presented. It's actually similar with all mediums. Some platforms or countries tend to promote similar plots and ideas. There's that typical formula that gets so obvious and amplified after a while... but then when you move onto a new medium, it restarts! :D Each medium has its own advantages content wise so more concepts can be explored. God of HS as a black and white manga from shounen jump just wouldn't be the same! Or a Noblesse anime... it would be completely different! Or a Trace book w/ paragraphs.... it's just not the same. :P
Jan 15, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2012
With absolutely no doubt in my mind, it is

Tower of God

followed by
Trace
Can't See Can't Hear But Love (what's with the troll translators)
Hanged Doll

(others)
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 1, 2014 6:21 PM
Dec 2012
Is this still active? If so then my favorites are:

1-Tower Of God
2- Trace(all)
3-Lessa(both)
4-Noblesse
5-American Ghost Jack
6-.The God of Highschool

I'm going to check out Ability, The Gamer and City Of Dead Sorcerer.

Based on this are there any more webtoons you guys wanna rec me?
Mar 2, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
Narfin said:

1-Tower Of God
2- Trace(all)
3-Lessa(both)
4-Noblesse
5-American Ghost Jack
6-.The God of Highschool

try "magician", "kubera" and "song of the cloud"
Mar 2, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2011
loskierek said:
Narfin said:

1-Tower Of God
2- Trace(all)
3-Lessa(both)
4-Noblesse
5-American Ghost Jack
6-.The God of Highschool

try "magician", "kubera" and "song of the cloud"

Try Tal as well! TAL rocks! It's AWESOME! :D
Mar 3, 2014 7:03 PM
Dec 2012
Update:

I've now read the other 3 in one day so I have to modify the list a little bit
(this comes to show that I do not deal well with new obsessions)

1.Tower Of God (10/10)
2.Trace(all) (9.5/10)
3.Lessa(both) (9/10 )
4.Noblesse (8.5/10)
5.City Of Dead Sorcerer (8.2/10)
6.Ability (8/10 )
7.The Gamer (7.8/10 )
8.American Ghost Jack (7.5/10)
9.The God of Highschool (6/10 )

I think I'm going to heck out Tal (you're right it does look awesome) and Kubera (let's see if I can get pass my annoyingly picky taste wen it comes to art)
Mar 5, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
1. Kubera
1. Tower of God
3. Soul Cartel
4. Girls of the Wild's
5. Crepuscule
6. Black Haze
Apr 1, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
1.Noblesse / Tower of god
2. Orange marmalade
3. girls of wild
4. the Gamer
5. abide by the wind
Ocelot117Apr 8, 2014 10:40 PM
Apr 7, 2014 2:01 PM
Apr 2014
Allright, way too late but I just created an account so 仕方がありません :p Here's my current favourites:

Knight Run
Tower of God
Kubera
Annarasumanara
Magician
Trace, including 1.5 and 2.0
The Gamer, because awesome
Dr. Frost (from what I've read, which is, admittedly, only up til the second arc)
Transfer Student Storm Bringer
The Devil King is Bored
City of Dead Sorcerer
Tal

No particular order, except for Knight Run undisputedly at number one. Others I really like are Ability, Noblesse, Black Haze, Crepuscule and some more which I can't remember atm. Actually, I don't think I've read one I didn't like as of yet ^^ However, Girls of the Wild's has gotten rather stale recently.
UnleashTheGoatApr 7, 2014 2:07 PM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Apr 8, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2013
1.Trace
2. Noblesse
3. The Gamer
4. Magician
5. Tower of God
7. God of Highschool
Apr 9, 2014 4:07 AM

Nov 2011
The Gamer! It's like, sooo good!
May 19, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2013
This manhwa i just recently read. I highly recommend it. It seems extremely underrated for some reason, but its truly amazing and unique. No one seems to have recommended it so I decided to put it up. It is not on MAL idk why. (ability and other manhwas are missing)

Title: Melo Holic

A comedy, tragedy, romance, drama, supernatural, slice of life.

READ IT!! YOU WONT REGRET IT I SWEAR!! Trust me! Its one of my favorites right now.
May 23, 2014 4:53 AM

Aug 2012
So far I've only read Tower of God and The gamer which are both really good.
May 29, 2014 6:25 PM

Feb 2011
I'm not good with tragedy or conventional romance so I tend to avoid those. I'm always open to new ones to try otherwise!

My favorites in no specific order:

Noblesse
The Tower of God
Lessa
Ability
TAL
Under Prin
The Gamer
School in the Wild
The God of Highschool

Still reading Trump to see how I like it. Will have to check out the others in this thread sometime. :]
眠れないのは君のせい
May 29, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2014
My top 10 webtoons would be -

1. Tower of god
2. Noblesse
3. God of high school
4. The gamer
5. Black Haze
6. Flow
7. Wonted
8. Girl of the wilds
9. Wake up deadman
10. Orange Marmalade
Oct 21, 2014 9:09 AM
Mar 2008
* PEAK !!! for the art (just soooo great), for the sweat, blood, the thrill !!!
* God of bath and all the other Ha-il-kwon works....for the story, excellent art, creativity (just look at how the support of the webpage is used in my heart is beating or annarasumanara).
* the children's teacher M.Kwon...for the drama
* Killer Stall...for the art and story, the fights !
*the breaker ...for the beatiful art and fights of course. Breaker NW is a bit less addictive but still entertaining.

I precise that"Tower of god" and" Noblesse" are Not included in my fav because despite the very good start of both of them, the story is getting a little too twisted. But unlike Noblesse, Tower of god is still entertaining.

(And among the other popular manwha, I haven't read "D.Frost", "girl of the wild", "kubera", "god of high school", "crepuscule", "dice", "the gamer" yet, so they could still be part of my fav.)
Nov 15, 2014 6:17 PM

Jan 2012
Noblesse
Annarasumanara
the breaker new waves

Dec 24, 2016 1:20 AM

Feb 2016
1.Crepuscule
2.Tower of God
3.ReLife
4.The Gamer
5.Orange Marmelade
6.Girl of the wilds

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Dec 29, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
Kakao 79%
The story of us
Sadistic Beauty
Tower of God
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Webtoon of the Month (December 2023)

Nacrenee - Dec 31, 2023

1 by rileydragneel »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:56 PM

Sticky: » Webtoon/comic News, Announcements and Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TomDay - May 13, 2018

215 by prattjoseph »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Webtoon of the Months (October 2023)

B-Kiddo - Oct 27, 2023

6 by B-Kiddo »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:12 AM

» Nomination for Webtoon of several months :)

B-Kiddo - Oct 18, 2023

13 by B-Kiddo »»
Oct 27, 2023 2:49 AM

» L.A.G is the GOAT

skynet5c - Oct 25, 2023

0 by skynet5c »»
Oct 25, 2023 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.