Forum Settings
Forums

Third Season of Hayate no Gotoku! Confirmed

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 4, 2012 11:03 PM

May 2012
In the end, I decided just to swallow my pride, cross my fingers and trust Hata. I guess it's the best thing I can do. I'll be open-minded about it. There's just no use in keep whining. It's good enough that we even got a new season, so...

As long as they manage to make the story fit into the original plot or at least don't contradic it so much, I'm okay with it. =)
Jul 5, 2012 6:44 PM

Jan 2010
Finally. c: I guess I'll trust Hata too, I don't think he'll let them ruin his series ^ O ^
Jul 5, 2012 7:14 PM
May 2009
I hope they will cover all of it.. alot has happened in the manga and the latest chapter is so promising.. =D
Jul 5, 2012 7:23 PM

Feb 2012
cyrelleboa7 said:
I hope they will cover all of it.. alot has happened in the manga and the latest chapter is so promising.. =D

Don't get your hopes high :D

It was already announced that it would be a completely new story from the manga...chance is 85% that it would not feature A-tan.
Jul 9, 2012 7:51 PM

May 2012
So... No new information so far?
Jul 12, 2012 3:44 PM

Jun 2010
JPblueser said:
In the end, I decided just to swallow my pride, cross my fingers and trust Hata. I guess it's the best thing I can do. I'll be open-minded about it. There's just no use in keep whining.

Oh my God, such an intelligent comment on the Internet, what is this I don't even!

The stupid fanservice picture is not a movie promo, thank goodness, but it seems we're going to see Kayura, which could mean more of the new characters. I do hope they won't spoil A-tan, but I can safely say Hata has never disappointed me, so I'm not really afraid. Besides - WE DO HAVE THE MANGA ALREADY. You want the story as it is, read the manga (I really don't see why anime>manga, I usually find it exactly the other way around). An original story? Great, can't wait to see something NEW (hopefully with less of annoying younger Katsura and more of awesome older Katsura).

And could somebody please explain to me why the character designs in the movie "suck"? When I watched the movie for the first time I didn't notice anything bad about them and when I watch it again now, actually looking for something bad, I only like the character's looks more and more. Aren't they pretty much spot-on from the manga?
ewormJul 12, 2012 3:53 PM
Jul 12, 2012 4:46 PM

Apr 2010
eworm said:

And could somebody please explain to me why the character designs in the movie "suck"? When I watched the movie for the first time I didn't notice anything bad about them and when I watch it again now, actually looking for something bad, I only like the character's looks more and more. Aren't they pretty much spot-on from the manga?

They might be fine for manga readers, but they look nothing like the characters anime fans were used to in the first 2 seasons. Like Hinagiku went from one of my favorite looking characters to some generic eroge looking character. And Hayate has an afro head now. And Nagi looks pretty generic as well.

Basically, they took out all the uniqueness these characters had in the previous anime seasons.
RyanSaotomeJul 12, 2012 4:51 PM

Jul 20, 2012 3:16 AM

Jun 2010
RyanSaotome said:
eworm said:

They might be fine for manga readers, but they look nothing like the characters anime fans were used to in the first 2 seasons.

It's not "manga readers", it's "Hayate no Gotoku fans".
No, I don't have anything against anime-only people (though I certainly don't understand them, I mean manga is better in 95% cases), but don't b*tch around the designs that are closer to the original, the creator's drawings. Actually, it's not about being closer - it's the Author's Growth as I call it. Hayate no Gotoku manga started out with some not-really-good drawings and the art style slowly evolved as it ran. When the first anime aired, they got it right too, but now the Author draws a bit differently. Anyway, go read the manga, it's awesome.
Jul 20, 2012 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
eworm said:
Anyway, go read the manga, it's awesome.

No thanks, not interested in that medium. I'm into animation, which is why I watch anime. Color, music, voices and animation all beat out black and white pictures any day to me.

Plus, its not only me. On MAL, the 1st season has 58k people who have it listed on their Anime List... the manga only has 10k. Anime is just more fun to watch for most people.
RyanSaotomeJul 20, 2012 8:05 AM

Jul 20, 2012 9:59 AM

Apr 2012
RyanSaotome said:
eworm said:
Anyway, go read the manga, it's awesome.

No thanks, not interested in that medium. I'm into animation, which is why I watch anime. Color, music, voices and animation all beat out black and white pictures any day to me.

I agree with both of you, I first watched the anime and loved it and then read the manga and loved that as well.

I usually watch anime since it's animated, sound etc. but it's true that manga is ahead and has the whole Athena story (which is my personal favourite) so I like both.
Jul 23, 2012 10:28 PM

May 2012
Well... I'll be honest. I didn't notice that the character design was different until I saw the comments about it. Then, I started to look more closely and noticed it.

Maybe it was because I was already familiar with it from the manga, but even so...

I will have to take a different approach here. Animation does have its beautiful side. Music, movement, colors, etc. really add a lot and can create memorable moments.

BUT... Manga is something different. It's similar to when you read a book. The beauty about it is that you can't just look at it and read the words as if they were already ready for you. A manga is a semi-done work. The reader is the one who will give life to it. When you flip the pages (or click for the next one =x), you have to really let your imagination fly. You can let the characters move and talk inside your head, you can mentally insert your own favourite pieces of music and make these moments even more emotional.
Jul 29, 2012 9:44 PM

May 2012
Alright guys. We finally have some news. This is what was written on the latest chapter of the manga (172):

This is certainly going to be interesting. Hopefully we will find some feedback in the internet. :)
Jul 30, 2012 8:20 AM

Apr 2010
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/30-1/name-revealed-for-new-hayate-anime

The character designer has been leaked for the anime. It is a DIFFERENT person from the movie, its the Bleach anime character designer. Lets hope this means it won't look like the movie!

http://myanimelist.net/people/6891/Masashi_Kudo

Jul 30, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
RyanSaotome said:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/30-1/name-revealed-for-new-hayate-anime

In the article they also talk about Ruka which I am very disappointed about, I already left a comment in another discussion saying I was hoping they wouldn't show Ruka or Athena since I'm worried their appearances in this season might ruin their first appearances if they ever decide to continue following the manga from where season 2 left off.
Jul 30, 2012 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
Good to see some good news so far :)
Jul 30, 2012 11:27 PM

May 2012
GUYS! SERIOUSLY! TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:

Why does this have a such a "FAMILIAR" feeling????
JPblueserJul 30, 2012 11:43 PM
Jul 31, 2012 12:09 AM

May 2012
Really... What are the odds?
Jul 31, 2012 12:23 AM

Feb 2012
I somehow feel like Athena is going to be in the series because of that pic..
Jul 31, 2012 1:55 AM

May 2012

Well... not exactly what I imagined, but... The clock is still there.
Jul 31, 2012 2:01 AM

Feb 2012
JPblueser said:

Well... not exactly what I imagined, but... The clock is still there.

WTF!!! That's the art??? Oh god no...
Jul 31, 2012 4:40 AM

Mar 2012
Ahhh , I'm so excited for it !! But wait, another different graphics? Ugh, they just keep on changing it. But, anyways, Can't really wait for it cause I'm gonna see hinagiku again xD
Jul 31, 2012 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
Edefrem said:
Shit! I need to catch up and FAST.
Me too.

NyaaAug 1, 2012 2:19 PM
Jul 31, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
Well, its better than the movie art but still not as good as the first 2 seasons. Hopefully Hina looks okay.

Jul 31, 2012 7:42 AM

May 2012
Now that I'm more awake than before (literally)... All I have to say is...

No comment.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-07-31/hayate-the-combat-butler-new-anime-cast-staff-revealed

Here it is confirmed. Cast and everything. Ruka's in. No sign of Athena.

And, to be honest, I'm somehow glad. If she is there, fine. If she isn't.... well... Even better.
Jul 31, 2012 10:49 PM

May 2012
Without the texts:

First impression: ugh.
Maybe I can get used to it, but... *shivers*

And it seems like some people think this looks better than the movie.
I beg to differ....

Promotional images tend to look worse than the actual anime though...
Jul 31, 2012 11:24 PM

Feb 2012
I'd prefer the movie's art too...

JPblueser said:

Promotional images tend to look worse than the actual anime though...

I really hope so...
Aug 1, 2012 5:12 PM

Feb 2012
Can somehow translate this tweet better?

畑健二郎 三日目西あ-20ab ‏@hatakenjiro
新アニメの監督&キャラクターデザインはBLEACHのキャラデザでおなじみの工藤昌史さん(@Kudo_M_)劇場版でヒナギクのアクションシーンを描いてくださった物凄い上手い方です。卍解です。

Google translate says this

@ Hatakenjiro-20ab there three days west Kenjiro Hata
The new character design and animation director who drew terrible is how good the action scenes in the movie version of daisies (@ Kudo_M_) Mr. Masashi Kudo Kyaradeza familiar with the BLEACH. Manji is the solution.

Does that mean they know that the art is terrible and they would improve it?
Aug 1, 2012 5:26 PM

Oct 2007
Hayate's face is atrocious... No A-tan... Probably abundance of Nagi... Way to attract the viewers, I won't be one of them.
Aug 1, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2012
As a big HnG fan, this is going to be very negative of me to say...
But is it just me or have they not revealed anything good about the new season?

First they tell us it's an anime original story, even thought everyone was really looking forward to the whole Athena story.

Next Manglobe, while I think Manglobe is fine most people are pissed about it.

Then they confirm that the new season will follow the methodology of the film, aka it will be set somewhere late in the manga. Now this is probably the worst news for me personally since I was really hoping they won't show Athena or Ruka if they're not going to show they're actual introduction arcs from the manga because this could end up ruining those arcs if they ever decide to start follow the manga again.

Finally this new picture -

Personally I don't think it looks good, I know the finished show will probably look a bit different from this image but still, the characters looked better in the movie in my opinion.

I'm still really looking forward to the show as it's my favourite series and probably the best release this year for me, but I have to say so far I'm disappointed.
Aug 1, 2012 7:15 PM

Feb 2012
jmal said:
HauntingShock said:
Does that mean they know that the art is terrible and they would improve it?
Heh, no, never trust machine translation. It's translating "monosugoi" as "terrible". But in this context it's conceptually similar to how in English we can say things like "that was terribly good" or "awfully awesome" as a compliment.

It's saying that Kudou Masashi (one of the key animators for the movie and the character designer for Bleach) is the director and character designer for Hayate S3. He did the Hinagiku action scene in the movie, and is an "amazingly skillful" (monosugoi umai) person. Then it just leaves off with "Bankai desu", no doubt referencing Bleach.

Dunno what Hinagiku scene they're referring to, as I've only seen the first season and a little bit of the second so I'm not familiar with the movie. But that's what it says. Basically it's just a promotional tweet, don't read too much into it.

Thanks for the clear translation :D

So they think that's good animation huh...
Aug 1, 2012 9:18 PM

May 2012
Warteboy said:
As a big HnG fan, this is going to be very negative of me to say...
But is it just me or have they not revealed anything good about the new season?

First they tell us it's an anime original story, even thought everyone was really looking forward to the whole Athena story.

Next Manglobe, while I think Manglobe is fine most people are pissed about it.

Then they confirm that the new season will follow the methodology of the film, aka it will be set somewhere late in the manga. Now this is probably the worst news for me personally since I was really hoping they won't show Athena or Ruka if they're not going to show they're actual introduction arcs from the manga because this could end up ruining those arcs if they ever decide to start follow the manga again.

Finally this new picture -

Personally I don't think it looks good, I know the finished show will probably look a bit different from this image but still, the characters looked better in the movie in my opinion.

I'm still really looking forward to the show as it's my favourite series and probably the best release this year for me, but I have to say so far I'm disappointed.

Personally, I'm also very put off by all of this. I still have no idea of how the anime will be, but the way they are handling the marketing is rather annoying. I'm not putting the blame entirely on the staff, but it seems that they are trying to hide as much as possible from us, what is somewhat understandable.
Yet, after so long since the last season, expectations have become too big and now that they took a slightly unexpected approach (it seems), things are getting a bit crazy.

They say one thing, the images seem to say another... It's really confusing. In particular that first annoucement scan is what makes my head spin. They say that the story will be "new" (rather... the TRANSLATORS say so. Maybe a misunderstanding - Hayate's speciality, after all - the texts are rather ambiguous), BUT the sketches resemble (rather... are almost identical to) parts of the manga?

Then comes this new logo (with a rather long and a bit strange name for the anime) with a "clock" in it, and letters that resemble keys and padlocks, BUT ALSO SEEM (TO ME) to look like clock pointers... If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you to re-read the "EoTW" and "GW" arcs again. Reading is not even necessary. Simply flip through the pages and you'll certainly see that clock everywhere.

So... What I'm trying to say is: Athena and her saga will not be in the anime? Fine. But don't put all these "dubious" things there!
If she is going to be, write down her Seiyuu on the list already! You aren't sure about the cast yet? Hold it a bit more!

And... another thing. What I don't get is: what exactly is the point of this "it's not a third season" thing? Heck... If you want to add new stuff, simply use the gap between the chapters 148 to 178 and add stuff there! Then it's still a "third" season, but with original material and isn't as confusing! The anime is already VERY far behind... And then they make all this fuss?

If they really want to go into a separate route from the manga... Fine, then do it! Don't mix anime with manga images anymore (I'm talking about ch 162-164 in specific)!

If they want to do something that's actually happening in the future... well... I have no idea where this concept comes from anyway.

After I made all this angry rant with nonsense (sorry... I just couldn't hold back)... We can expect nothing. Really. We just have to sit, cross our fingers, wait until October and hope (pray!) that everything will turn out alright.

But I'm rather skeptical. sigh...

The only actual GOOD thing I can think... is exactly the "It's not the THIRD SEASON", the CONTINUATION of where s2 left off (considering the possibility that this statement means what it seems to mean). Hata didn't need to say that. Manga readers know how the story goes, but other people don't. The anime don't need to follow the manga. It's never a rule. But he did say it. What it means? It's not exactly what he would have in mind for the "anime that comes after the second season". It's simply a sort of "deviation". Hence, he actually "wants" to make an actual third season? uhhhmmmm... Only time will tell.
JPblueserAug 1, 2012 9:36 PM
Aug 2, 2012 9:03 AM

Apr 2010
The main issue here is that its a new company animating Hayate. Like with Negima and Hunter x Hunter, they don't want to just "continue" from where other companies left off. They want to make their own representation of the Hayate series.

It might not make a lot of sense from consumers point of view, but its kind of a pride thing. Just taking over from the job someone else did makes it look like its not really your series, you're just doing someone elses work. But starting from scratch or with a new story/artstyle sets it apart and makes it something you can make your own.

Aug 2, 2012 9:04 AM

Apr 2012
JPblueser said:
Then comes this new logo (with a rather long and a bit strange name for the anime) with a "clock" in it, and letters that resemble keys and padlocks, BUT ALSO SEEM (TO ME) to look like clock pointers... If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you to re-read the "EoTW" and "GW" arcs again. Reading is not even necessary. Simply flip through the pages and you'll certainly see that clock everywhere.

So... What I'm trying to say is: Athena and her saga will not be in the anime? Fine. But don't put all these "dubious" things there!
If she is going to be, write down her Seiyuu on the list already! You aren't sure about the cast yet? Hold it a bit more!

Yh they haven't confirmed Athena yet, but Ruka has already been confirmed to be in the new season, and yes I know what clock you're referring to but I don't think it's going to be the clock from EoW if they already confirmed it's going to be set around when the movie was.

RyanSaotome said:
The main issue here is that its a new company animating Hayate. Like with Negima and Hunter x Hunter, they don't want to just "continue" from where other companies left off. They want to make their own representation of the Hayate series.

I guess that somewhat makes sense but I think it's pretty stupid since they're animating someone else's work anyway and if they know people want to see the manga animated why would they want to make an original story.
SedakaAug 2, 2012 9:08 AM
Aug 2, 2012 8:58 PM

May 2012
Warteboy said:
Yh they haven't confirmed Athena yet, but Ruka has already been confirmed to be in the new season, and yes I know what clock you're referring to but I don't think it's going to be the clock from EoW if they already confirmed it's going to be set around when the movie was.

It was really confirmed? The "set after the movie", that is. Or are you referring to "follow the 'methodology' of the movie" thing? Well.. Either way it seems to be leading to the same answer... oh well.

RyanSaotome said:
It might not make a lot of sense from consumers point of view, but its kind of a pride thing. Just taking over from the job someone else did makes it look like its not really your series, you're just doing someone elses work. But starting from scratch or with a new story/artstyle sets it apart and makes it something you can make your own.

Sounds reasonable, but as Warteboy pointed out, it is really somebody's else work anyway, then why bother?
So, (Assuming that it will be set "after the movie") they will simply start from a random point that doesn't even have the plot leading to it clear yet? I really think it is a risky bet. The title "HnG" is already known as a franchise itself, so there's no way to escape the "continuing somebody's else work", as it's already implied when they are using this very title in the first place. OK, they added the "CTMEoY", but I doubt that anyone will remember this particular season because of it. They will remember it as "just another HnG" season.
I already got over my "depression-post-excitment-over-something-that-seemingly-wasn't-it-in-the-first-place" (ie logo that looked like the clock from RG) and all I have to say now is: They had a lot of time to plan everything, so they better make a good job with this season, be it what it will be.
Aug 10, 2012 2:04 AM
Jul 2012
Feels like a movie trailer... :D
Aug 10, 2012 2:11 AM

Feb 2012
Better than expected with that kind of char design... animation feels cool...but really...

Gotta admit, cool bgm xD
HauntingShockAug 10, 2012 2:14 AM
Aug 10, 2012 9:53 PM

May 2012
Looks pretty cool, I think. :)
The actual (to me) first good thing that happened ever since the anime was announced.

The art looks like a cross between the Movie, S2 coloring and... a little different edge (not that used to it, though)

But Hayate's character design is still the weirdest.

The only thing that is putting me off is that... "evil" aura coming from Ruka. It's creepy. :S

Still no idea from where the story will start, but... I guess we will know eventually.
Looking forward to it.;D

I just mised one thing in that preview...

|
|
|
V
Aug 10, 2012 9:57 PM

Aug 2011
No Hina in the preview.

Guess that means I'm probably going to have to wait until the anime airs to see what she looks like now.
Aug 10, 2012 10:20 PM

Feb 2012
Oh yeah... how could I forgot her!

And she was my signature too...
Aug 10, 2012 10:20 PM

May 2012

lol
But... Really. It's kinda ironic that the cover appeared at the end of the PV.
Aug 18, 2012 9:43 PM

May 2012

It seems like the first episode will air on October 3rd (TV Tokyo).
Anyone who can read Japanese can confirm this?
Aug 18, 2012 10:49 PM

Feb 2012
JPblueser said:

It seems like the first episode will air on October 3rd (TV Tokyo).
Anyone who can read Japanese can confirm this?

Finally a date...if it really is...
Aug 18, 2012 11:29 PM

May 2012
Curious... Finally got around and actually started watching the Blu-Ray version of the Movie. And...well...

Isn't that the Violet Mansion on the extended intro?

This must be the thousant time I edit this post - lol. Sorry =|
JPblueserAug 19, 2012 12:41 AM
Aug 19, 2012 2:05 PM

May 2012
By the way, the music on the preview also was lifted from the Movie! lol
I don't know how I didn't notice that before! =P
JPblueserAug 19, 2012 2:15 PM
Aug 19, 2012 2:07 PM
Dec 2009
HauntingShock said:

She is still your signature even to this day right now???

Aug 19, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
kandiiyuutaamu said:
HauntingShock said:

She is still your signature even to this day right now???

As you can see :D
                                               ↓
                                               ↓
                                               ↓
Aug 19, 2012 5:23 PM

May 2012
Ahh... Whatever. Seriously.... This wait is killing me.

I don't care what it will be about. I JUST WANT TO WATCH IT! :D

1 month and a few weeks left. yay
Aug 20, 2012 2:56 PM

Jun 2010
Coming back to this thread and what do I see? Complaints. Many. Many, many complaints.
Guys. And girls maybe, MAL doesn't show your gender on the forums and God knows I can't judge by the avatars here of all places, so I dunno. Anyway:

YOU'RE PREPARING YOURSELVES NOT TO ENJOY THIS ANIME!
Stop it!

The author worked on this. He knows what he's doing, so it's going to be good. Also it's him who decides how we're going to be provided our Hayate no Gotoku, which characters will appear, what the story will be et cetera. Again, he knows what he's doing and making us enjoy it is to his benefit. So it's going to be good. The characters look similar to how they look in the manga. Which is how they should look like, because that's where they are from. Believe me, you'll get used to it and get to the "enjoying it" part. So it's going. To be. GOOD.

I understand sharing your opinions on the Internet and I'm not saying you can't. I'm just calling out to all of you - lighten up. You're all looking at the anime as "HnG being ruined", while it's "HnG being new and sort-of different". It doesn't mean it's bad, does it. Look for the good things, like the author being able to do something fresh and new he wanted to do. What I see now, is YOU ruining this anime. For yourselves. If you start hating this anime before it airs, then even if it's good - just how will you be able to enjoy it?
Aug 20, 2012 3:12 PM

Feb 2012
eworm said:
Coming back to this thread and what do I see? Complaints. Many. Many, many complaints.
Guys. And girls maybe, MAL doesn't show your gender on the forums and God knows I can't judge by the avatars here of all places, so I dunno. Anyway:

YOU'RE PREPARING YOURSELVES NOT TO ENJOY THIS ANIME!
Stop it!

The author worked on this. He knows what he's doing, so it's going to be good. Also it's him who decides how we're going to be provided our Hayate no Gotoku, which characters will appear, what the story will be et cetera. Again, he knows what he's doing and making us enjoy it is to his benefit. So it's going to be good. The characters look similar to how they look in the manga. Which is how they should look like, because that's where they are from. Believe me, you'll get used to it and get to the "enjoying it" part. So it's going. To be. GOOD.

I understand sharing your opinions on the Internet and I'm not saying you can't. I'm just calling out to all of you - lighten up. You're all looking at the anime as "HnG being ruined", while it's "HnG being new and sort-of different". It doesn't mean it's bad, does it. Look for the good things, like the author being able to do something fresh and new he wanted to do. What I see now, is YOU ruining this anime. For yourselves. If you start hating this anime before it airs, then even if it's good - just how will you be able to enjoy it?

We're not hating it. We're just letting our hopes down so we won't be disappointed.
Aug 20, 2012 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
HauntingShock said:
We're not hating it. We're just letting our hopes down so we won't be disappointed.

If anything, this way it'll probably exceed out expectations ^^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.