Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (39) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
5/5 for the episode.

8/10 for the series.
Nov 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
Very nice ending.
I also liked the epilogue scenes.
Nov 19, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
andy97 said:
Greatest ending in anime history
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 26, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2015
Lelouch is alive.... or dead. This is an open ending regardless of what the creators said.

Jeremiah is dedicated to Lelouch, yet when Zero (Suzaku) attacks, he orders a cease fire, and says "onwards masked knight." No explanation for this.

Why would C2 have a crane? Nunally made one for Lulu.

Lelouch, a ridiculously selfish character killing himself to save the world seems way out of character.

Why would it be necessary for Suzaku to fake his death?

C2: "My wish is to die. To end my existence in all worlds forever. In the final stage of Geass, the user attains the position of the one who granted them power.

Shortly after, Charles was going to Kill CC, and that is when she decided free Lulu, at that point in time CC has no code. So therefore I believe Lelouch attained Code Geass, with the sigil(marking) being the Geass in the right eye. (Why not name it Geass, or Code and Geass)

Even though we can say Lelouch died there are too many things that don't make sense which is why I think the chances are he is alive.
Nov 26, 2015 2:59 AM

Sep 2009
EvilJagan said:
Lelouch is alive.... or dead. This is an open ending regardless of what the creators said.

Jeremiah is dedicated to Lelouch, yet when Zero (Suzaku) attacks, he orders a cease fire, and says "onwards masked knight." No explanation for this.

Why would C2 have a crane? Nunally made one for Lulu.

Lelouch, a ridiculously selfish character killing himself to save the world seems way out of character.

Why would it be necessary for Suzaku to fake his death?

C2: "My wish is to die. To end my existence in all worlds forever. In the final stage of Geass, the user attains the position of the one who granted them power.

Shortly after, Charles was going to Kill CC, and that is when she decided free Lulu, at that point in time CC has no code. So therefore I believe Lelouch attained Code Geass, with the sigil(marking) being the Geass in the right eye. (Why not name it Geass, or Code and Geass)

Even though we can say Lelouch died there are too many things that don't make sense which is why I think the chances are he is alive.

No offense, but your analysis skills could use some work.

Jeremiah is in on the plan.
I'm not 100% sure why she has a crane
Lelouch is a ridiculously manipulative character; he's actually incredibly considerate towards people he cares about, and was influenced by Suzaku's words when he went to beg to protect Nunnally
I'm not sure what you're going on about attaining "Code Geass" and whatnot, but while the possibility of Lelouch having gained the stigma exists, it seems unlikely that anyone would allow his body to go unaccounted for.
Plus, while Lelouch is devious and manipulative, he's not the type to leave avoidable loose ends of holes in any of his plans, and it would be insulting to most of the series and his own character if he himself planned to not die.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 29, 2015 2:33 PM
Nov 2015
Baitdragon16 said:
andy97 said:
Greatest ending in anime history
Nov 30, 2015 8:38 PM

Jul 2014
Epic Rollercoaster. Nunnally best gurl, always loving her onii-san.
Dec 3, 2015 7:11 PM

Oct 2015
C.C.'s actions still a bit a strange. She is already looking straight up at the sky, so if Lelouch is dead why look towards the driver while saying his name? Oh well still get's a 10/10 from me.
Dec 14, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
Oh boy, this was one hell of a chaotic trip. Despite the whole abra ka dabra, hocus pocus and sharingan hipnotis it was a fine popcorn flick.

What could have been a great story about rebellion and world domination turn into
Dec 14, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2015
Personally I think he's dead .The creators said so .The final scene makes it seem up for debate but I doubt the makers thought things would turn out this way .They probably didn't think that so many fans would come up with theories that say he's alive .I guess that's an imperfection in the story.
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 15, 2015 1:30 AM
Dec 2015
That ending was sad af, I kinda want to rate this episode 4 because it made me cry but still gonna give it 5 for wrapping this series up in the best possible way, Lelouch deserves to die for all the stuff he did, maybe unintentionally, best ending ever to an anime. This gets a 10 rating from me
Dec 15, 2015 1:36 AM
Dec 2015
TechnicsMKII said:
Terrible end to a terrible series.<br />
<br />
I can now finally wash my hands with this series.

Ugh I'd seriously like to know what kind of animes u like, I bet you're a DragonBall Z fan
Dec 15, 2015 10:54 PM

Jun 2008
This gave me so many feelings. I am deeply satisfied, and I do not regret a moment of watching this. The only thing I regret was pushing back watching this anime due to all of the love it has... I know it isn't a cool thing to hate on things, but yeah, I did that.
HEY!
Dec 25, 2015 7:07 AM

Nov 2015
What a ride! There definitely was ambiguity in that end. I was just waiting to see if he would reply, but I guess not. T_T'

Considering everything that happened though, it makes perfect sense that he dies. All the sacrifices made and the whole "repentance" thing for Lelouch points to this.

Nonetheless, great series. 8-9ish/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2016 9:40 PM

Feb 2013
mpsslh said:
Reddy548 said:
Lelouch is Alive? at end C.C talks to him like hes there.

I have the perfect answer

I like this explanation. I support it.

But im also fine with him being dead.
If hes alive, hes with C.C.
But if hes dead, hes with Shirley now.. T.T
Jan 1, 2016 9:44 PM

Sep 2014
Finished the series for the 8th time and it's still amazing.
Only thing I would add is a little scene with C.C before the final battle(if you know what I mean).
Jan 6, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
Raydnt said:
mpsslh said:

I have the perfect answer

I like this explanation. I support it.

But im also fine with him being dead.
If hes alive, hes with C.C.
But if hes dead, hes with Shirley now.. T.T

THe producers and writers made it no secret that he is 100% dead.
Jan 9, 2016 7:22 PM

Aug 2015
Amazing nonetheless, Lelouch's fate was to be expected but his sacrifice was honorable and just for all he did, but in the end he left a world unified for the continued well-being of all.
Jan 10, 2016 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
A decent ending to a bit directionless and random R2 season.

My only question: Will Suzaku ever remove his mask???if yes, then in front of whom???
Jan 27, 2016 3:36 PM

Jan 2015
Just finished it... I actually cried in the last 4min... 10/10 no other words
Jan 31, 2016 3:53 AM

Dec 2013
"Yes I... destroy the world.... and I.... create it.... anew"
Feb 28, 2016 3:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Fantastic conclusion to a great series. Lelouch's death was fantastically done! It was fun rewatching Code Geass.

5/5
Feb 29, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
Just finished it, it was a great series, it wasn't perfect, the ending was great, the only thing that i didn't like about the ending was Suzaku dying, then appearing as Zero without a explication about how he didn't die.

9/10 Overall.
lezermanFeb 29, 2016 8:46 AM
Mar 2, 2016 2:37 AM
Feb 2016
im wonder if lelouch was really dead in this ep.
on the epilogue C.C was talking w/ lelouch ( is he was the chairman)
which one is satoru most loved ? kayo or airi?
Mar 10, 2016 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
What a ride! Amazing Anime. I just binge-watched the last six episodes and I have no regrets. Also, I believe he's alive.
Mar 13, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
Almost had me in tears...I couldn't ask for a more perfect ending!
It fucking sucks that Lelouch had to die but at least Nunnally, the one person who he did all of ths for, was finally aware of his true intentions...Just don't ask me why she found out because i have no clue lol.

I was feeling this season at first but from episode 13 and on, it's been one hell of a ride!

And for old time's sake :
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!
Mar 23, 2016 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
At least the ending was good

3/10

Fuck you Rolo

NINA AND CORNELIA BEST GRILLS
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 10, 2016 8:30 PM
Jul 2015
The greatest ending for the greatest series ever.
May 5, 2016 2:12 AM
Apr 2015
OH WHAT THE HELL did I just really finish this season in 3 days wat
dammit Lelouch... I was indirectly spoiled that you'd die.... but not liek dis ;_;
stahp feeling, mai fheelings mamma mia I CRI

No seriously. That was one of the best endings I've seen in a while. Lelouch, man. Destroying the world and creating it anew? I had no idea you're taking that statement too literally in a beautiful way. You're right @CrimsonBagel

I STILL CRI 10/10
May 5, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
nicomaine said:
OH WHAT THE HELL did I just really finish this season in 3 days wat
dammit Lelouch... I was indirectly spoiled that you'd die.... but not liek dis ;_;
stahp feeling, mai fheelings mamma mia I CRI

No seriously. That was one of the best endings I've seen in a while. Lelouch, man. Destroying the world and creating it anew? I had no idea you're taking that statement too literally in a beautiful way. You're right @CrimsonBagel

I STILL CRI 10/10

I told you, @nicomaine xD Such a beautiful and meaningful end, eh?
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed."
PocketChocolateMay 5, 2016 2:56 AM
May 18, 2016 2:50 PM
Oct 2015
LeLouch is not dead xD (watch the real ending on youtube because the dubbers have removed this scene)Ps: Dont ask me.
This anime so interesting and has so many ironical things. Its too funny: "Orange" is working on an orange farm. Omg I had to laught so much. The most interesting thing is that suzuki survived. Maybe because he had his Geass. Who knows?!
I mean this anime is rly good. 11/10
May 18, 2016 5:22 PM

Apr 2016
The ending that blew everyone away...

Back in '08, this season was one hell of a roller coaster of feelings and divisiveness. I bet some people probably wanted to give up. Then, comes this ending, to knock everyone's socks off and convince at least 90% of them that this season was still as amazing as the first. Sure, the most everyone on the Black Knights group, and Scheizel got ended up being just, them going to prison and being publicly humiliated during the coronation, but what Lelouch does just, really made him the absolute best guy. Not only did he come up with his most ridiculously elaborate plan ever, but the sheer kindness of it all, and the way he managed to string everyone along, audience included, for this emotional roller coaster for the last three episodes, is just awe inspiring. Also, can everyone please stop talking about that fake clip. Lelouch isn't confirmed dead. The writers, while accepting him as dead, left a few things behind a few episodes ago to have you questioning it all. It was a beautiful ending, and Lelouch is amazing for pulling this off. That's really what this was all about. Also, a lot of the character aftermaths are pretty fitting, like Orange boy in an Orange Farm. The song, Continued Story, really captured the emotions behind how an aftermath of a show like this would be, and seeing these characters finally put this war behind them and become normal citizens, is very endearing. This is coming from the man who last saw Code Geass and it's finale over 10 months ago. What a timeless ending, and what a way, to end off one of the biggest classics ever made.
CodeBlazeFateJul 5, 2016 12:17 PM
May 24, 2016 3:41 AM

Aug 2015
That ending was just wonderful.
That ending alone easily saved this show from being a low 8/10
9/10.
PS R1 is still better in my opinion with the writing and the world building bits.
Jun 7, 2016 11:13 PM

Mar 2014
The Last act , Zero Re;quiem . End of an Empire .
Perfect Episode . Ascension for the Future , Lelouch Vi. Britannia .

Brilliance and Badass-ness at the same time . Deep philosophy , Manipulation at its finest . A Masterpiece from its first move until to its last . Checkmate :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 6:49 AM
Jun 2016
Ugh. Hated this this ending. Brought tears to my eyes, really. So bittersweet. :(
Jun 23, 2016 6:25 PM
Jun 2016
lulu's death made me so sad. in front of his little sister and killed by his bestfriend. i cried like a little girl like when I watched Bokura ga ita, your lie in april and clannad. this show had its own way of telling a story, well, in my eyes. this entire show in general was magnificent, although I do agree that it was extremely bittersweet, man.
Jun 28, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
If Lelouch is dead, how did he transfer his memories to Nunally? This is something you can only do with immortality correct? But then again, don't you have to 'kill yourself' to attain immortality. Lelouch wasn't technically dead when he transferred those memories to her. We never explicitly see Lelouch take the Code from Charles either. There should have been some sort of mark on his body, like how charles had that mark on his hand. Nothing adds up.

The more I look at it, the more I see how people bitch about the plot holes in this anime.

HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SHOW NUNALLY THAT VISION. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Rose_BombJun 28, 2016 7:50 PM
Jul 12, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
Was in my ptw list for long and finally completed this. Great ride, political strategies, mindgames, a thrill to watch really. Although there are quite a number of asspulls and plotholes(like how that nunally vision at the end), I can't deny that this series was a joy to watch and one of the few anime I could easily marathon.

I thought s1 was a bit better in terms of writing but quite a perfect ending for s2 boosted my score to 9. And I won't go into those theories of lelouch alive or dead becoz it eneded perfectly as he died
Jul 14, 2016 3:53 AM

Oct 2013
I finally finished Code Geass! Oh my gosh, what an amazing Anime

In the beginning i thought that this series is going to be rushed and not quiet interesting. But after a few episodes I have realeased that I am totally wrong. This is - my dear ladies and gentlemen - one of the best Anime I have ever seen!

I felt sooo hurt many many times. Poor Lelouchs, it makes me feel sad when I think back to the beginnen and his whole destiny till the end. Oh boy, he has lost so many friends, lost so many fights (and not only physical), had to bear the whole world by his very own shoulders.

One of the greatest characters ever. One of the best Anime ever. Amazing character develop., freaking awesome story + storytelling with many plots and thrilling cliffhangers, absolut hearttouching soundtracks and a heartbreaking final.

I wish I could rewatch it right now! Without any knowledge...

10/10
My only regret is having regrets!
Jul 15, 2016 6:29 PM
Jul 2016
If there's any justice in the universe, they'll redefine the word "epic" in the dictionary. New definition:

Starting at 16:05:
Jul 16, 2016 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
gonna post in here....

Jul 16, 2016 8:16 PM

Dec 2013
just finished this
i always see people hating on this series, which is why i always hold back when watching this (i watch season 1 on 2014, and season 2 on 2016 lol)

tbh i don't really like season 1, but season 2 man.. i LOVE IT!!
that ed help this series from 8/10 to 9/10. ggwp lelouch
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Jul 20, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
Everyone everyone Don't Freaking Worry I will become the richest person in the world for the soul purpose of creating Season 3 as long as the Director is Alive at that time Let as wait for the time when we can really prove he is dead or not
Jul 20, 2016 8:32 PM
Dec 2008
There's no need for a season three, but they might make something else once again.

It's a popular anime with controversial contents (in the most flexible sense of the word, not necessarily the most "intellectual" one), so obviously you'll have a variety of opinions. Some love it, some hate it. That's always been the case.
Jul 28, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
Yoooooooooooo that was a great great ending, i knew that Lelouch will eventually die but the way he went out and to have Zero doing it.
The Legend of Zero Continues.

Easily One of the Best Anime Endings Ever.

a lot of plot twists, a lot of plot holes, but man this show was an entertaining clusterfuck.
after seeing R1 and how disappointing it was i didn't think i would enjoy R2 this much.

at the end, i didn't even care if Ohgi lived or died, that's how good the ending was lmao

9/10

ALL HAIL LELOUCH
ALL MEN MUST DIE
Aug 3, 2016 2:20 AM
Jun 2009
[quote=Mr_Shnb message=47129066]i knew that Lelouch will eventually die but the way he went out /quote]

But he didn't die... it's just that people believe he is dead, like with Knight of 0.
Aug 8, 2016 11:09 AM
Jul 2016
Arete7 said:
Sacrifices are meaningless if characters do not have to bare the consequences of their chosen actions. For the sake of this series, lelouch should stay dead. It should also be common sense the Lelouch is dead. After lelouch was stabbed in front of everyone, his forces ran away and disappeared. I'm pretty sure someone was smart enough to confirm his death. Enspecially since an enemy like Princess Cornelia was on the scene.

Also take notes of Lelouch's famous words. "the only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed". By faking his own death despite taking the lifes of thousands, he would be making a mockery of everything he stands for. Not something Lelouch would do.

Agree, I love Lulu so much but he is dead. Sadly T_T
Aug 12, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2016
The ending made up for all the holes in the series. After all the struggling. finally the world is a better place. Was getting kinda bored with R2, but when all the plot twisting started couldn't stop watching eheh.

The only part that really got me thinking is the origin of the Geass..Charles word and the God that get controlled by Lelouch...ecc
also..Charles' brother gave him the Geass? If someone could clarify my ideas on this characters would be appreciated :D
Aug 19, 2016 2:50 AM

Jul 2016
Ah Sun. You grow my food and burn my enemies.

HOLD IT!!!

Who called Goku to throw that warhead to the Sun?!?!?!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Sep 10, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
And so the legend of Code Geass comes to an end. This masterpiece of an anime is a gift to the world.
Pages (39) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - 6 hours ago

2 by itzswxzy »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.