Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2012 4:15 PM

Oct 2011
Is it okay if i start watching the series from Frontier like if i dont watch the old seasons from before, i wont be missing anything right?

EDIT:Woops Forgot To Put This In Specific Anime Section :P Srry Hopefully Someone Moves It
SpkillaJun 6, 2012 6:15 PM
Jun 6, 2012 4:19 PM

Mar 2011
Not really. Go for it. There are some throwbacks to previous series, but don't affect the quality of the show.

That said, if you end up liking Frontier, you really should watch SDF Macross or the movie Do You Remember Love someday. In my opinion, Frontier doesn't hold a candle to the original.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Jun 6, 2012 4:29 PM

Aug 2007
Frontier is for babies, do yourself a favor and watch the original Macross anime after if you really want to watch Frontier first.

Jun 6, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 2011
toybox said:
Not really. Go for it. There are some throwbacks to previous series, but don't affect the quality of the show.

That said, if you end up liking Frontier, you really should watch SDF Macross or the movie Do You Remember Love someday. In my opinion, Frontier doesn't hold a candle to the original.
Well I Prefer newer animation better
Hias said:
Frontier is for babies, do yourself a favor and watch the original Macross anime after if you really want to watch Frontier first.
Like Kenshin, i know its good but i couldnt take the animation after watching to many new series T_T
So any comments?

EDIT:when i mean animation, i mean the color and shading is old, dont like how the character looks compared to now >_>
EDIT2:For exmaple like gundam, i would watch from the beginning, cant take the animation...same as above
Jun 6, 2012 4:49 PM

Feb 2008
Newbies like you make me sad. The classics in animation are what brought anime to what it is today, I think it's such a shame that so many kids refuse to watch anything older.
Anime figure reviews:
Jun 6, 2012 5:38 PM

Oct 2011
IshokuOsero said:
Newbies like you make me sad. The classics in animation are what brought anime to what it is today, I think it's such a shame that so many kids refuse to watch anything older.

Actually its not i refuse to watch it, its my eyes are incapable of watching it...
I would if i could, it hurts my eyes...
Its opinion... dont criticize...
i dont mind the manga being old or etc...
As u can see on my list, i have several old things watched with above average ratings regardless if i like it i watch it, i havent dropped anything yet...
Its not like im bad mouthing old animation, i just have a preference for newer ones and fanservice :P
If u really hate "newbies" like me change me and give me something good/old to watch >_>
Reply :P
SpkillaJun 6, 2012 5:44 PM
Jun 13, 2012 8:14 AM
Dec 2010
IshokuOsero said:
i just have a preference for newer ones and fanservice :P
If u really hate "newbies" like me change me and give me something good/old to watch >_>
Reply :P

He did give you SDF Macross man.. so don't waste your time and go for it.
Once you watch first 3-6 episodes , you'll get used to the dated animation trust me, i went trough same process as I got used to newest animations over the years and forgot how good were those old pieces. But once i reached point there was nothing to watch in my favorite genre i simply tried oldies and i was like .. ."oh boy i was stupid i didn't start that much sooner, i missed so many good series."

Also time to times older animation pays more details to realism and shows feels more believable.
Fan-service in older show isn't made by tons of panty shots but you can actually see nipples and sometime completely naked chicks without show turning into the overwhelming ecchiness and all seems more natural.

There are lot of thing that are simply recycled in new show and you can often see start points of nowadays genres.
greenmartyJun 14, 2012 3:46 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.