MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Manga Series Mahou Sensei Negima!: A Temporary Finale
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Manga Series Mahou Sensei Negima!: A Temporary Finale

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
05-18-12, 1:19 AM

According to the author's notes on the final volume of the manga series Mahou Sensei Negima!, the author Ken Akamatsu stated his ambitions for another long-running serialization.

Ken Akamatsu said:

Everyone, thank you for your long-lasting patronage. "Mahou Sensei Negima!" which has continued for 9 years, will come to a temporary stop at volume 38. By "temporary", I mean the series will be revived sooner or later. To put it like Chao, the conclusion shown in this volume is merely one of several parallel worlds. "Negima!" still has far more undiscovered mysteries that would easily surpass 100 volumes in length (lol). However, given that the multimedia franchise has met a thorough completion and that I was able to see the "B Version Ending" in the movie, I decided to depict a conclusion for the original story as well. If, in the future, you happen to see a new episode of "Negima!", I would be ever grateful if you could take it into your hands. One of your remaining questions may just melt away.

Mahou Sensei Negima! had its last chapter released on March 14th, 2012, and the last (38th) volume was released yesterday, Thursday, May 17th, 2012.

Source: OtaNews (Japanese)
Modified by ap19, 05-18-12, 1:26 AM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/5040721
I'm Japanese, so if you have any questions regarding Japan, feel free to ask.
アメリカ育ちなので、なんか英語に関して質問があれば気軽にどうぞ。でも
つまんねーこと聞くなよ!

05-18-12, 1:45 AM

this is great news i was hoping he would do this

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

05-18-12, 1:46 AM

Oh well that is good news. I would not mind seeing more negima

05-18-12, 2:36 AM

Supposedly there is a huge rumor going on where the publisher of Kodansha is trying to get the rights of the authors which cause ken to pull the plug on Negima early. This might be true because ken has opened his own online publication. Than again, Ken is man with a lot of speculation and controversy. I wish Ken does continue Negima because it ended too suddenly when it had a chance to do one set up arc and an awesome arc that wraps up all the loose ends.

05-18-12, 2:41 AM

According to the author's notes on the final volume of the manga series [AIR GEAR], the author [OH! GREAT] stated his ambitions for another long-running serialization.

OH! GREAT said:

Everyone, thank you for your long-lasting patronage. "Air Gear" which has continued for 9 years, will continue, starting next week. By "next week", I mean the series will be continue in 7 days. To put it like [IKKI], the conclusion shown in this volume is merely a FAKE. "Air Gear" still has far more undiscovered mysteries that would easily surpass OVER 9000 volumes in length (lol). However, given that I was unable to see the "Anime Version End Better" I decided to depict a Fake conclusion for the original story as well. If, you see "Air Gear" in a few weeks, I would be ever grateful if you could take it into your hands.

If don't know if this is allowed,its just a joke, but still, it is also just in its essence, another one of my shallow dreams.

divinicide said:
Supposedly there is a huge rumor going on where the publisher of Kodansha is trying to get the rights of the authors which cause ken to pull the plug on Negima early. This might be true because ken has opened his own online publication. Than again, Ken is man with a lot of speculation and controversy. I wish Ken does continue Negima because it ended too suddenly when it had a chance to do one set up arc and an awesome arc that wraps up all the loose ends.

I read something like that, but I thought it was happening with all the publishing companies. And it was the reason that so many popular manga seem to be ending one after each another/ending prematurely.
Modified by Gatchum_Bye-Bye, 05-18-12, 2:50 AM

05-18-12, 3:11 AM

oh just let the series rot already.

05-18-12, 4:27 AM

It all comes down to this:
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

For those who don't want to read the whole article, it's about new Japanese law that the publishers are trying to make, that allows everybody that somehow helps in making a manga have copyrights, so publishers get to have copyrights, that normaly are only the mangaka have.

Well read the whole article... :P You'll find out what's behind the endings of MSN and Air Gear...

05-18-12, 5:21 AM

Japan is stupid. It aggravates me to have to say that concerning my own country, but it's the undeniable truth. What's worse, "Japan is only going to get stupider for the next few decades," says my research and study. Oh dear, this is only the beginning.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/5040721
I'm Japanese, so if you have any questions regarding Japan, feel free to ask.
アメリカ育ちなので、なんか英語に関して質問があれば気軽にどうぞ。でも
つまんねーこと聞くなよ!

05-18-12, 5:29 AM

ap19 said:

Japan is stupid. It aggravates me to have to say that concerning my own country, but it's the undeniable truth. What's worse, "Japan is only going to get stupider for the next few decades," says my research and study. Oh dear, this is only the beginning.

very sad indeed
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

05-18-12, 5:45 AM

Nice!! i feel like there are more secrets to tell even after the finale! i hope they release the new mystery chapters ASAP!! :D
“When people realize how lonely it is being on their own, they will become kind.” - Mirajane Strauss

Help me win an album! links at my forum post --
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=459079 :)

05-18-12, 6:00 AM

This is awesome news.

05-18-12, 6:14 AM

Parallel universes?

I sense opportunity to milk a franchise

05-18-12, 7:43 AM

I don't really know what to think about this. The series had lots of potential to be the best thing ever made, but somewhere along the final arc, it just became boring and extremely random, ending with several plotholes and unresolved situations. The ending itself was very lame, and I could barely call it a conclussion.
Still, even if it's probably milking a cashcow and in accordance to what I stated before, the series continuation can still become awesome if Akamatsu regains the spark he got during the School Festival arc.

05-18-12, 7:44 AM

Hmm...certainly a good news there.

05-18-12, 11:16 AM
News Team
Talking about "temporary end", when will 2nd arc of D.N.Angel coming out? (sorry, it's not related to Mahou Sensei Negima!, but it's related to "temporary end", so...)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

05-18-12, 2:03 PM

Konik said:
http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html

For those who don't want to read the whole article, it's about new Japanese law that the publishers are trying to make, that allows everybody that somehow helps in making a manga have copyrights, so publishers get to have copyrights, that normaly are only the mangaka have.

Well read the whole article... :P You'll find out what's behind the endings of MSN and Air Gear...

I thought it was the publisher's choice to own the rights but since it is an incoming law, it is much worst. I was thinking this was similar to the US comic industry such as Marvel and DC taking the rights of the authors which caused some of the authors to form to create Image comics where the author have more rights. Still though, Japan it is becoming a law to whatever you create isnt yours unless you go to the doujinshi market.
Modified by KhanhCPham, 05-18-12, 2:08 PM

05-18-12, 2:19 PM

well i don't really care i say go for it if u feel like doing it

05-18-12, 5:07 PM

ap19 said:

Don't feel bad. According to some, the whole world is becoming more stupid, not just Japan.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

05-18-12, 8:23 PM

:) ... Man I cant take this smile off my face one of the best news in anime/manga I've read in a long time.
"------and she said.
If you accept everything, you won't be hurt. Everything you disagree with, everything you hate, and everything you can't acknowledge. If you can accept them without resisting, then you won't be hurt. If you deny everything, you will be hurt. Everything you agree with, everything you like, and everything you can acknowledge. If you can only deny it, then you'll be hurt."

05-18-12, 11:27 PM

Konik said:

Ah yes, the bastardization of copyrights. It's already like that in America, and some people are starting to get the opinion we need to scrap copyright/intellectual property since it's just turned into another way for companies to screw over creators.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices