Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2012 6:50 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell did I just watch? First he was an ordinary cyberpunk bum with badass skills then he turned super sleuth, then judge and a friggin philosopher. Next time he'll be a god like Haruhi Suzumiya but thankfully it ended there. XD

And what about EDO? The OVA touched briefly on the super computer managing the government, it's so good that it even eliminated wars and well they're still somehow democratic in the future at least. Then it decided to kill some administrator of a space colony and his family, it grew a conscience and it admitted it was guilty. I don't know what to think anymore.

The only thing enjoyed was the homosexual former bodyguard turned assassin. Gay Blade. Oh and the lightsaber swords were cool too. 5/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 30, 2018 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
much plot twist
7/10
Jan 18, 2021 11:55 PM

Nov 2015
Now idk anything about the background of Kinshiro Toyama (1793-1855), which this story is based on plus some space shenanigans, i think i would have enjoyed more if i knew.

It had a slow start and i wish there could be a better video quality out there but the word building is a little wonky, couldn't understand how their government works and the supercomputer thingy because of the uber complicated names they spat out xD what is it norwegian? lastly the BGM feels a little outdated instead of a '88 feature i gives 50's movie feeling...

I liked that scene where
we see a lot of similar scenes where the line between earth ground and space seem to be unclear or undefined... so dream like!

Oof that trial with the supercomputer
was intense :D

Anyway, i liked the story i definitely didn't see something predictable coming, it's a good mystery/vengeance show! 9/10. also starring david bowie as Gold? xD

i have the famicon disk game if someone else is interested in playing :D

Berry-VodkaJan 19, 2021 12:52 AM

đź’˘

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.