Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2012 11:19 AM
Dec 2011
Anyone with over 500 posts will say that it is bad

I myself loved Guilty Crown. Don't expect an amazing plot (it IS an action anime so it's mostly action) and good character development (it really seems that all the GC haters ONLY watched it expecting character development) and you'll be fine.
Jun 20, 2012 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
No I think its awesome because the story/plot is great since they explain it in detail and a suprised Twist I have to say which is quite well. People don't like GC because they mostly compare with Code geass as it has the kind of similarities but for me I Judge on the anime not comparing

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 20, 2012 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
kurselax said:
so my question for you guys is: is guilty crown really that bad of a show .

Does a duck fart underwater?
The Art of Eight
Jul 8, 2012 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
I haven't even seen this anime yet, but one of the main arguments used here is "The art and OST make up for the bad storytelling."

.. Aren't there plenty of other shows with good writing, great animation and pretty OST's? Just saying.
Jul 8, 2012 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
if you're not a fan of action anime and somewhat meccha it is not for you..

me too didn't like action anime but who cares I'm a gundam fanatic after all
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Jul 8, 2012 4:01 AM

Sep 2011
noyoureinsane said:
.. Aren't there plenty of other shows with good writing, great animation and pretty OST's? Just saying.

Yup, and that's exactly why people are (rightfully) critical of Guilty Crown.
Jul 8, 2012 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
guilty crown was the most entertaining show from Fall2011/Winter2012, thats pretty much it for me. 2/10
Jul 8, 2012 11:11 AM
Nov 2011
Dude, it's not bad at all. Don't get discouraged because I was also on edge about watching the show and I ending up loving it.
Jul 12, 2012 5:00 AM

Jul 2012
kdelacruz said:
Guilty Crown if not compared to other animes holds its own. People seem to be stuck on comparing it to code geass because of the "power of the king" and the mechas. But in all honestly most animes are similar with the main characters having powers bestowed upon them that ordinary people don't have, its just not named "power of the king". I guess no one realized, that geass seemed like a sharigan? Or the fact that the powers in animes is cliche being granted by a mysterious person? Cliche is everywhere in all kinds of anime. Its the way its excuted that matters. As for mechas, alot of of animes seem to have similar mecha designs anyways. It makes me wonder how this would be rated if it came out before Neon or Code Geass.

As for story? Pretty well written if you excuse plot devices and its plot holes. Written very good for entertainment, it just wasn't structured well. I don't see why everyone wants it to be logical and fictional in a nonfictional story. I'll admit the ending sucked, could have been better but they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner there. Although, ask any writer, the ending is the hardest thing you can ever write with most stories not having a masterpiece ending.

Voice actors were really top of the line and they really fit their characters well. One of the best aspects in the anime. If the anime was longer so it could of focused on character developement more because voice actors were really great at their characters.

Soundtrack was excellent and unique and pretty much the highlights of this anime.

TL:DR If your looking for something to enjoy for its soundtracks, character and voice actors, art, and storyline (before last few episodes) then Guilty Crown should be on your list. Don't expecting something like a Code Geass masterpiece. If possible watch this before Code Geass so it doesn't hinder your opinion, even if Code Geass is way better.

I bolded the parts that I'm arguing against, just saying.

- No one really bashes this anime, from what I've seen at least, for being a "Code Geass" rip-off. Like I said I haven't seen it, but from what I've read the majority of the arguments come from it using a bunch of cliches in anime. Which is okay, since cliches are always going to be used. But the arguments aren't saying that the anime is bad because it uses cliches - it's bad because it uses the cliches in a bad way. Again, I'm saying what I'm seeing, and I hardly see people bashing it because of this.

- Plot devices and plot holes automatically mean a story isn't all that well-written. A well-written story would do what it could to stay clear of plot-devices and plot-holes. Maybe "Guilty Crown" tried to stay clear of these, I don't know. But the fact that you pointed out that it had plot-devices and plot-holes automatically contradicts the statement that it's "well-written." Anyone can write a story for entertainment, but again like you said it wasn't structured well. Bad structure = obviously not well written. You're also questioning why everyone wants it to be logical and fictional if it's non-fictional. Well is it okay for the main character to sprout out wings and fly away from all of his troubles because the anime takes place in a fantasy world? Of course not. Just because there are illogical elements in an anime doesn't automatically mean it's free to defy any other logic without proper explanation and background. If the characters actions don't have realism behind them either, then again, it's poorly written.

- Just because most stories don't doesn't mean that it's okay for other stories not to either. There are plenty of anime that pulled off well concluded endings (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) and while you're correct in saying a lot of stories don't have any, remember Guilty Crown is an anime original story. It wasn't like the manga wasn't complete or there wasn't enough material. Maybe there were budget shortages or something like that, but still. Its excuses are minimal, and "Other anime have bad endings" definitely isn't one of them.

- You just admitted again that it lacked character development, which is another sign of bad writing. You do realize you're pointing out why it's poorly written in terms of plot and characters all by yourself, right?

- You can find plenty of anime with beautiful soundtracks, full character development and amazing seiyuus, superb art and a well-written and executed story that's also enjoyable. If you praise "Guilty Crown" just for it's soundtracks, artwork, and enjoyment level then you're doing something wrong. Or maybe it's the anime that did all the wrong.

Basically you contradicted yourself in most of your defenses and there's plenty other anime that can offer what you say "Guilty Crown" has and more. & yeah, I probably have no room to talk since I haven't seen it, but I'm just making a point here.
Jul 12, 2012 5:32 AM

Apr 2012
Man, watch the anime, then try to contradict somebody, and you, that contradict yourself. Please, recheck the anime THEN try to give your opinion on such a thread.

You both have like no idea what you're talking about. Saying this yourself does not excuse you for posting it either.

And check the definition of plot hole, using it so freely and then mistaking the definition, well that's a -1 point for you guys. From the time when I watched GC to today, I still can't see the plot holes you guys see. I think hard, really hard, and cannot see ANYTHING that is near the definition of beng a plot hole. Most arguments on these forums pretty much suck, because if you don't point out your evidence, people won't look for them.

Oh, and to the "Code Geass rip-off", I don't think you know what a rip-off means. The only similarity is that the robots have rollerskates, theres a rebellion in both of them and in both, humans have a pair of hands, a pair of legs and speak Japanese. Now to be serious, robots can't be very different in Mecha. Why? Because it's either a suit, four legged or it's controlled with a computer (AKA not suit). I've seen some photos of the CG robots and checked the robots in GC, yes, they copied the rollerskates.

The rebellion is initiated by somebody else than the MC, they have other reasons too, one is "kick the dog" and "Dead Little Sister" and the other one is "kick the dog" and is for his own purposes:

The character development isn't bad either, what are you talking about? Inori, Shu and Gai have the best character development in the show, the others less because most of them are supportive.

The ending was meant to feel realistic:

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 12, 2012 6:17 AM
Aug 2011
Art/Animation - 10/10
Music - 8/10
Voice Acting - 10/10
Plot/Story line - 3/10
Plot execution - 1/10
Plot Holes - 10/10
Characters - 2/10
Character Development - 1/10
Character "Degradement" - 10/10
Mecha Designs+Fights - 7/10
Cliches - 10/10
Makes Sense - 1/10
Jul 12, 2012 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
Ridiculous writing made up of the most overused tropes in the book without a single new idea behind it and pitiful plot twists taken out of their asses just for the heck of drama. It's Code Geass on steroids, basically.

Personally got a brain tumour from trying to make sense of that incoherent mess and dropped it about halfway in. The only way a sensible person could genuinely like it is if they stopped paying attention to what happened or is extremely new to the medium and doesn't know any better.

Still deserves ~3/10 though. It was amusing to make fun of and had some great visuals.
Jul 12, 2012 6:50 AM
Aug 2011
Repost so its on top of a new page.

Art/Animation - 10/10
Music - 8/10
Voice Acting - 10/10
Plot/Story line - 3/10
Plot execution - 1/10
Plot Holes - 10/10
Characters - 2/10
Cliches - 10/10
Makes Sense - 1/10
Jul 12, 2012 7:34 AM
Jul 2012
Not really. I keep on hearing people say that it is, because it's too cliche'd, or it's too familiar, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it has some plot holes, but come on, most anime do. Yes it's very similar to Code Geass and Evangelion, but there are also a lot of differences between them. I think the most limiting factor for it is length. If it was a little longer, had more meat in it, a little more character development, people would like it more. The music is pretty sweet, the art is pretty good, and there are tons of twists in the plot, even early on. So there's a lot of fanservice, about 5 seconds of it every 5 minutes won't kill you you know.The bottom line is, while it's not perfect, it isn't a bad anime. There's ton of anime waaaaaayyyy worse than Guilty Crown.
Jul 12, 2012 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Repost so its on top of a new page.

Art/Animation - 10/10
Music - 8/10
Voice Acting - 10/10
Plot/Story line - 3/10
Plot execution - 1/10
Plot Holes - 10/10
Characters - 2/10
Cliches - 10/10
Makes Sense - 1/10

You can repost it everytime, but it has no sense without any type of anything behind these scores.

Where are the plot holes?

Where does it not make sense?

Where do you see the overused cliches?

How aren't the characters developed well?

If you can't respond to these, then those scores have no sense.

If you can't ARGUMENT with STRONG ARGUMENTS or at least WEAK but good ones, then those scores have no sense.

Autocrat said:
Jul 12, 2012 9:48 AM

Jan 2012
I have a good taste in anime, so the fact that I don't rewatch this anime means that Guilty Crown is a bad anime. But hey, who cares about the plot, this anime has a lot of damn sexy bitches. So enjoy the hentai version of this anime when you done watching it ^__^
Jul 12, 2012 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Man, watch the anime, then try to contradict somebody, and you, that contradict yourself. Please, recheck the anime THEN try to give your opinion on such a thread.

You both have like no idea what you're talking about. Saying this yourself does not excuse you for posting it either.

And check the definition of plot hole, using it so freely and then mistaking the definition, well that's a -1 point for you guys. From the time when I watched GC to today, I still can't see the plot holes you guys see. I think hard, really hard, and cannot see ANYTHING that is near the definition of beng a plot hole. Most arguments on these forums pretty much suck, because if you don't point out your evidence, people won't look for them.

Oh, and to the "Code Geass rip-off", I don't think you know what a rip-off means. The only similarity is that the robots have rollerskates, theres a rebellion in both of them and in both, humans have a pair of hands, a pair of legs and speak Japanese. Now to be serious, robots can't be very different in Mecha. Why? Because it's either a suit, four legged or it's controlled with a computer (AKA not suit). I've seen some photos of the CG robots and checked the robots in GC, yes, they copied the rollerskates.

The rebellion is initiated by somebody else than the MC, they have other reasons too, one is "kick the dog" and "Dead Little Sister" and the other one is "kick the dog" and is for his own purposes:

The character development isn't bad either, what are you talking about? Inori, Shu and Gai have the best character development in the show, the others less because most of them are supportive.

I don't need to watch the anime to contradict someone who says the writing is good even though it had plot-holes. You're acting as if I'm judging the anime itself, chill. I'm not judging your precious GC, just pointing out the flaws that that user pointed out himself.

I don't see how I contradict myself in that post, though.

"A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline." Basically they're pretty easy to find and occur in anime, especially one that already isn't well-written. You'll find them anywhere - you either are denying it or aren't looking correctly. No one goes on about an anime's plot holes if there is none.

No one even said it was a Code Geass rip-off, so the fuck.

You don't even say why the development is good, just that the 3 leads get the best development. Good character development is well-paced out, correctly executed, occurs over time, is explainable and characters motives/personality stay true to their development. If you look past your bias and can say that it followed through proper development, not just having a character be different then they were in the beginning, then yeah the development isn't bad.

Again, that's your opinion that the ending was good. A good ending ties up all loose ends, concludes the story, stays true to development, and closes the curtain without any major questions left, then it's a good ending. Just because you think it's good and it had some type of message doesn't make an ending good.

You remind me of those fangirls/fanboys that are on this forum. I hope I'm not wasting your time.
Jul 12, 2012 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
noyoureinsane said:
Immahnoob said:

I don't need to watch the anime to contradict someone who says the writing is good even though it had plot-holes. You're acting as if I'm judging the anime itself, chill. I'm not judging your precious GC, just pointing out the flaws that that user pointed out himself.

I don't see how I contradict myself in that post, though.

"A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline." Basically they're pretty easy to find and occur in anime, especially one that already isn't well-written. You'll find them anywhere - you either are denying it or aren't looking correctly. No one goes on about an anime's plot holes if there is none.

No one even said it was a Code Geass rip-off, so the fuck.

You don't even say why the development is good, just that the 3 leads get the best development. Good character development is well-paced out, correctly executed, occurs over time, is explainable and characters motives/personality stay true to their development. If you look past your bias and can say that it followed through proper development, not just having a character be different then they were in the beginning, then yeah the development isn't bad.

Again, that's your opinion that the ending was good. A good ending ties up all loose ends, concludes the story, stays true to development, and closes the curtain without any major questions left, then it's a good ending. Just because you think it's good and it had some type of message doesn't make an ending good.

You remind me of those fangirls/fanboys that are on this forum. I hope I'm not wasting your time.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Watch the ANIME first. Then talk, I don't think it's any use arguing if you don't really know much of the ANIME. Actually, checking for this thread without watching the anime is weird, has no sense, if you wanted spoilers, then fine, here they are.

You don't really get it, do you. I said "You don't know what a plot hole is" because the idea was to show that your seeing "ghosts"... AKA there are no plot holes, or at least nothing major, if I can't see them at all, that's what they are, such little plot holes that they don't even matter. Maybe we don't need to know if Shu brushes his teeth, you know.

Damn, you really do waste my time, watch the freakin' anime first. And yeah, I'd better be a fanboy, than anything else.
kdelacruz said:
@noyourinsane K first of all you didn't watch the anime, you read reviews on it. Plot devices and plot holes? If you really watched the anime you would have known most of these are logic based, or real life physics Like how did a 1missle take out a couple of nukes when the nukes would of exploded the effects would still take place? Or how did the enemy go from trying to kill Inori to just capturing her? Or how did the missles miss SHU at point blank and just hit the vial? Again in a nonfictional story thats acceptable. I don't know why everything has to be logical. Again structure wise it doesn't hold up, but for entertainment its pretty well written. It really isnt that all bad as people make it seem. I think you missed "well written for entertainment"

As for character developement? Look at most animes with 20episodes, lack of character developement. Look at legend of korra, less than 12 I believe, with little character developement, mediocore american voice actors aside from Amon's VA but yet, its seen good as hell. My point was although it didn't have much, It still is great.

Do you really expect ALL animes to have great endings? Point being was yeah, ending sucked which is not surpring because so did alot of animes.

Your nitpicking at what I said here was my standpoint for reviewing the anime, read the tl;dr I original posted if your looking for enjoyment then Guilty Crown is something you should give a chance. As for contradicting myself, I was going as a entainment wise point on the positives and the pretty much negatives explain why Guilty Crown sucked structurely.

Don't speak yourself if you don't know what you're talking about, please.

Autocrat said:
Jul 12, 2012 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
kdelacruz said:
Immahnoob said:

Don't speak yourself if you don't know what you're talking about, please.

WTF I can't defend my opinon that I stated in a eariler post? Also that was for it was at noyourinsane. Now I know why people at Reddit and 4chan's /A/ say the community here sucks.
Saying a community sucks because of a single individual then quoting reddit and 4chan.

Man, I was just helping you, so you don't embarass yourself more. Because you still condratict yourself.

Autocrat said:
Jul 12, 2012 1:27 PM
Feb 2008
LOL I just saw the first episode. Seemed pretty neat but now with so much negative feedback I'm curious to see how bad it really is!
Jul 12, 2012 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
started this cause all songs are from supercell......maybe just that is good enough for me to try to get through the rest...
Jul 12, 2012 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
x4gottenx said:
started this cause all songs are from supercell......maybe just that is good enough for me to try to get through the rest...

Wrong. Supercell did the opening and ending. All the other music is written by Hiroyuki Sawano
Jul 12, 2012 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
kdelacruz said:
@noyourinsane K first of all you didn't watch the anime, you read reviews on it. Plot devices and plot holes? If you really watched the anime you would have known most of these are logic based, or real life physics Like how did a 1missle take out a couple of nukes when the nukes would of exploded the effects would still take place? Or how did the enemy go from trying to kill Inori to just capturing her? Or how did the missles miss SHU at point blank and just hit the vial? Again in a nonfictional story thats acceptable. I don't know why everything has to be logical. Again structure wise it doesn't hold up, but for entertainment its pretty well written. It really isnt that all bad as people make it seem. I think you missed "well written for entertainment"

As for character developement? Look at most animes with 20episodes, lack of character developement. Look at legend of korra, less than 12 I believe, with little character developement, mediocore american voice actors aside from Amon's VA but yet, its seen good as hell. My point was although it didn't have much, It still is great.

Do you really expect ALL animes to have great endings? Point being was yeah, ending sucked which is not surpring because so did alot of animes.

Your nitpicking at what I said here was my standpoint for reviewing the anime, read the tl;dr I original posted if your looking for enjoyment then Guilty Crown is something you should give a chance. As for contradicting myself, I was going as a entainment wise point on the positives and the pretty much negatives explain why Guilty Crown sucked structurely. Also why we argueing about this? Obvious no one can explain themselves 100 percent without fully going indepth but even then you'll never know what the person truely means, this is stupid.

My god, I'm not even judging the anime. YOU'RE the one that said all of this stuff, I made it a point to point it out in your first paragraph on here since it was one huge contradiction after another. I'm not saying it has plot holes or bad character development, I'm pointing out that you said so yourself that it had plot holes and the character development wasn't the best, yet you said the writing as good. Why are you people so dense.

Immahnoob said:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Watch the ANIME first. Then talk, I don't think it's any use arguing if you don't really know much of the ANIME.

Pretty much what I just said. My god you don't need to watch the anime to know that when someone says theirselves that it has plot devices and plot holes that it has bad writing, or that saying an anime is still good because it has pretty art, sounds, and a high enjoyment level is kinda idiotic if you ask me.

I'm not judging the anime. I replied to that post because everything was a contradiction and made no sense. How much clearer do I have to make this I swear.
Jul 12, 2012 9:30 PM

Apr 2012
noyoureinsane said:
kdelacruz said:

Your nitpicking at what I said here was my standpoint for reviewing the anime, read the tl;dr I original posted if your looking for enjoyment then Guilty Crown is something you should give a chance. As for contradicting myself, I was going as a entainment wise point on the positives and the pretty much negatives explain why Guilty Crown sucked structurely. Also why we argueing about this? Obvious no one can explain themselves 100 percent without fully going indepth but even then you'll never know what the person truely means, this is stupid.

My god, I'm not even judging the anime. YOU'RE the one that said all of this stuff, I made it a point to point it out in your first paragraph on here since it was one huge contradiction after another. I'm not saying it has plot holes or bad character development, I'm pointing out that you said so yourself that it had plot holes and the character development wasn't the best, yet you said the writing as good. Why are you people so dense.

Immahnoob said:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Watch the ANIME first. Then talk, I don't think it's any use arguing if you don't really know much of the ANIME.

Pretty much what I just said. My god you don't need to watch the anime to know that when someone says theirselves that it has plot devices and plot holes that it has bad writing, or that saying an anime is still good because it has pretty art, sounds, and a high enjoyment level is kinda idiotic if you ask me.

I'm not judging the anime. I replied to that post because everything was a contradiction and made no sense. How much clearer do I have to make this I swear.

I just wanted to clear up what that guy was saying...

Autocrat said:
Jul 13, 2012 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
I thought it was an enjoyable anime. The plot kept flowing and there were plenty of twists to keep my interest piqued. I really liked the music and the art was nicely done. Tsugumi in that cat suit was to my liking. I also really liked the ending as it made you think about it.

I don't understand why everyone keeps bashing on it for being too cliche or that its an amalgamation of everything else out there. You have to get your ideas from somewhere right? At least this was well done and presented. As for the plot holes people are talking about I thought the ending did a good job of clearing that up.

I gave it an 8 initially when I finished but because the song used during the ending is still stuck in my head I had to give it a 9. Anything that gives me a lasting impression deserves this at least.

You take the blue needle- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe what you want to believe
You take the red needle- you stay in Nasuverse and I show you how deep the Neko-Arc hole goes
Jul 13, 2012 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
kdelacruz said:
-----To Immahnoob/Clarifiction--------

Ah, I wasn't talking about this thread, but it people keep comparing this to Code Geass. I'll give examples look at the Guilty Crown top recommendation, It said Code Geass Rip-off. Look esle where beside this website because theres alot of debate and comparison on Code Geass vs. Guilty Crown Heres another example of the comparing, although it doesn't say ripoff, but look at this.

http://trzr23.blogspot.com/2011/11/lets-get-this-over-with-guilty-crown-vs.html

As for the plot holes I really didn't see any myself, I guess I failed on that part not stating it, I thought it did. I read what others saw as plotholes. I did say people keep nitpicking it as logical plotholes. If you go into the plothole thead for guilty clown, the pastebin post seemed to be attacking the logic of the villians seeing it as "plothole." Like for how did the enemy go from trying to kill Inori to trying to capture and etc.

Anyways man, I know you mean well now I just wanted to clarify myself. Eh, talk about misinterpretation.

----------To Noinsane------------
Look at recommdations and reviews all over the place people will list negatives aspects of a story. But does that mean they still don't recommend or like the anime because its conflicting? Does it mean they don't stand by those ideals?

I do know what I said and I do know my reasoning and meanings behind those statements. It may have not been the best way to explain myself because you see it in a way different way on how I wanted people to see it. But really I typed at up in a minute, so its not going to be a indepth analysis of my opinon and what I really mean. But I still my I still stand by what I said and still recommend the anime to people. I don't see it as contradiction because well your meaning of contradiction is skewed. Its contradicting, If I say, hey don't watch guilty crown when I liked it, now thats contradicting. I was recommending the anime saying its good not saying don't watch it its shitty. Contradition "Meaning one thing but meaning/doing the other" Instead of nitpicking, look at my opinion as a WHOLE because well I'm still recommending it.

By the end of this post, I hope see my point.

As far as I'm concerned I'm done arguing. If you feel the need to still attack me and then well then so be it, I won't be replying because fact of the matter is your misinterprating my point and twisting it in your own way. I'll save my time and accept the fact that you probably won't be able to get what I meant. What you see and what I see are different and are subjective to ourselves, no point in arguing.

----To both of you---

Eh, talk about misinterpretation, I should of really took the time for that original post to explain myself better. I didn't know you guys would take it that way.

Hahahahaha, I've read that pastebin you were talking about. To be honest, I laughed my ass off, I loved how he wrote it, my imagination went a bit mad there XD.

But nah, he really has like no idea what hes talking about, he didn't bother to edit out the things that were settled in the next episodes. Then there are those "plot holes" (that shouldn't even be called plot holes), like "Why didn't the rockets hit" or the one that made me laugh because it was stupid "Why did he took a sword out of a girl" <- This really made me LOL. There are plot holes, but not major ones.

But in the end, the stories are totally different, even if they did do the same things as CG in the first 5 episodes. For example, the most obvious mistake in that blog is at the both 5 episode "Introduction and talk between the mains". Did they talk about the same things? Oh no, they talked at the same number of episodes.

It's like saying having two hands at birth is a TOTAL RIP-OFF the first ANIME ever created, WHY all the Anime until now copied that first Anime and made people have HANDS? Actually, let's diss every anime because it copies reality, total rip off reality, because we all have hands. HUEHUEHUE I could continue to our suicidal act when we find out we copied our ancestors because we have hands <- Rip-off.

Yes, exactly, they start nitpicking for everything, "mechas have rollerskates in both", "they both get powers", "they all shit once or twice per day".

EDIT: XD, funniest thing is, that BOTH MAIN writers for BOTH CG and GC are the exact same people, only that they got their roles inverted, so the Main one become the Secondary one :D. They DIDN'T even have that many similarities, and now it's even more awesome.
ImmahnoobJul 13, 2012 5:13 AM

Autocrat said:
Jul 13, 2012 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
The best review of guilty crown ever:-http://swabulous.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/guilty-crown/
Mim
Jul 14, 2012 2:26 PM
Feb 2012
Honestly, i think that Guilty Crown and Code Geass are really different. I don't think it's a rip off. Code Geass has a badass protagonist that didn't think before he acted. It's more action and thriller based which actually my more prefered anime genre. Guilty Crown has a extremely naive, and weak protagonist that deserves the spot of a nameless background character more than a main character in terms of anime.

Sure Code Geass keeps you at the edge of your seats in the plot twists, and action fights, but Guilty Crown is aimed more towards the drama department. All the characters face some kinda challenge and the main parts of the show basically show Shu wallowing in depression and showing resolve. Don't compare guilty crown with code geass, because they excel in their own ways
Jul 14, 2012 9:53 PM

Apr 2012
Jsmithmim said:
The best review of guilty crown ever:-http://swabulous.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/guilty-crown/

It really did forget to talk about the show, tho.

Autocrat said:
Jul 15, 2012 6:02 AM

Apr 2009
Jsmithmim said:

Thanks for the laughs, great review. Should be on MAL if you ask me.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 16, 2012 3:07 AM

Sep 2011
Jsmithmim said:

That review is absolutely brilliant.
Jul 17, 2012 9:45 PM

Aug 2011
Just finished it today, and I didn't think it was bad at all. I actually just watched it to see why so many people thought it was terrible, and came out loving it. I don't like Code Geass, never did and never will, so I can't say whether or not they're the same, but I was overall pleased with what I saw, however, I can't say it's something I'd rewatch in the future. Maybe, but I'm not too sure about that.

Jul 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Oct 2011
Jsmithmim said:

I love this review.It's not my exact feelings of the series,but love it nonetheless.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 18, 2012 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
ronri said:
Jsmithmim said:

This review is about 90% spot on, he just over exaggerates some parts, but yah this show was fucking horrible.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2012 5:37 PM
Jul 2012
Glub said:
Yes. It is pretty bad.
Boku no Pico is better than it.
no.
Jul 19, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 2012
kurselax said:
so guilty crowns piqued my interest recently and i've been thinking about checking it out, but all i hear about the show are negative comments. so my question for you guys is: is guilty crown really that bad of a show or does it just suffer from being to much like whats already been done.
finished it today and it was awesome!
Jul 19, 2012 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:
so guilty crowns piqued my interest recently and i've been thinking about checking it out, but all i hear about the show are negative comments. so my question for you guys is: is guilty crown really that bad of a show or does it just suffer from being to much like whats already been done.
I'm guessing you dont care about plotholes or outright rip offs do you?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2012 10:39 PM

Apr 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:

Those rollerskates truly were invented by Code Geass.

Autocrat said:
Jul 19, 2012 10:39 PM

Oct 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:

Eh,some people just go for the enjoyment.If the quality don't affect their enjoyment,then they don't care about the quality.Some of these people,like me,will notice the negatives & some will just blindly ignore them.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 19, 2012 10:41 PM

Apr 2012
Jeddy017 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:

Eh,some people just go for the enjoyment.If the quality don't affect their enjoyment,then they don't care about the quality.Some of these people,like me,will notice the negatives & some will just blindly ignore them.

We can think out of the box, that's all, I'm a fanboy, I already noticed that myself. But I don't need to be slapped in the face with information to understand the story, I can make a sum of everything they told us.

Autocrat said:
Jul 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Art/Animation - 10/10
Music - 8/10
Voice Acting - 10/10
Plot/Story line - 3/10
Plot execution - 1/10
Plot Holes - 10/10
Characters - 2/10
Cliches - 10/10
Makes Sense - 1/10
Everything in Guilty Crown makes sense if the genre was ecchi.
Jul 22, 2012 5:11 AM

Jun 2012
This anime is on hold for me and only seen like 5 episode, so i cant truly say. However, the first episode did not drive my impression simply cause it seems like a mockery comparing it to code geass and the characters don't seem interesting, and I also did not like their power just because it seems uncool is much i can say
Jul 22, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
it really is kinda bad....but that doesnt mean you cant love it like i do :D
Jul 22, 2012 12:00 PM
May 2012
guilty crown was awesome.especially ouma sho.his character was perfect.If i can bring out a fault then that is the story was a little bit obvious( code geass).But it was brilliant nonetheless.If anyone doesn't like it then i think they stink.
Jul 22, 2012 3:16 PM
Jul 2012
Guilty Crown is bad? Only a goddamn stupid whining otaku who pretend to be smart would say something like that.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Jul 22, 2012 3:34 PM
Jun 2012
It's not bad at all. I truly ended up loving this anime, so you really should watch it!
Jul 23, 2012 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
WrathSC said:
it really is kinda bad....but that doesnt mean you cant love it like i do :D

An honest response, I respect that.
Jul 28, 2012 4:27 AM

Mar 2012
No, I find funny how people are hating GC to the point that positive reviews about the anime are completely shunned down. I had written a positive review and got countless private messages saying that I am an idiot...
Jul 28, 2012 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
smooched said:
No, I find funny how people are hating GC to the point that positive reviews about the anime are completely shunned down. I had written a positive review and got countless private messages saying that I am an idiot...

I watched CG now. And I have to say there are similarities. But those are minor and how they morphed and added into the story will look like it's original (which in the end it is).

Nice review. Somewhat short but to the point. You should make it a bit more lenghty and maybe have a bit more "fun" with some jokes etc.

I did like that pun (which didn't seem intentional) tho. "How would you feel in his shoes?" XD True. How would a 17 years old that lost his memories because of a trauma feel...? Like Shu.

Autocrat said:
Jul 28, 2012 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
Thank you.

I try to make them brief. I can't stand reviews that spew out the same arguments as if it's a ritual. The redundancy of the criticisms that this show takes is beyond me.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.