Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2012
Seeing as how Clear Card-hen is starting winter it's about time I watched this.

As one of the main pillars of the mahou shoujo genre this be good.The visuals were pretty on point,not sure if it was cause I watched the BDs or cause Madhouse but the show looks great.Going to try to watch atleast one episode a day which at that pace I would finish right before Clear Card-hen starts.
Nov 6, 2017 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
Since the OAV Clear Card Hen of Cardcaptor Sakura is available, I've been keen to review the entire TV series. Ah! How nostalgic to see an old-style Majokko anime series. The good quality of the drawings and the fluidity of the animations are immediately apparent to the eyes, even the scene objects are well designed. The backgrounds are not very defined, at the time it is not like now. The beginning of the story is well-narrative, fast in narrative rhythm and without leaving a dubious level of plot. The original Japanese version is so cute and has really nice feelings and in line with the tastes of those years. I can not wait to look at it all.
Dec 14, 2017 2:18 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, that felt good. i think i'm gonna like this series.
Mar 22, 2018 6:09 AM

Sep 2017
Goddamn it, this show is a national treasure. Definitely gonna rate this show having the best starting episode of all time. It's my first time I am watching this.

Looking back, it seems that the Mahou Shoujo just copied off this entire series. Shame on you Mahou Shoujo. Shame on you.

The art is brilliant and the magical circle is the most well beautiful magic circle of all time.

And the story is enticing as well. From the very first second.

I believe that the dream Sakura had is probably about her future. LEt's see what happens. And Sakura is so Kawaii. She is gonna be my most favorite character, possibly rivaling even Lelouch. She is so moe and kawaii. And she skates. SHE SKATES. No one has done that till now. And I have been wanting to see skating superheroes for a long time.

And Sakura also makes some persuasive arguments. She challenges Kero on why he is adament on pushing the Cardcaptor title to her. She is definitely intelligent. My most favorite part was when she skated on the platform in order to get the flying card. Excellence at its peak.

I could get used to Kero. He is definitely cute and that shot of him doing the exposition with the smoking pipe was funny.

This series alludes to Pandora's box legend. How appropriate indeed. Also, every activity in Sakura's school life on that day alludes to her becoming a magical girl. From her book reading to her wand operation and her cheerleader role. She is BORN to be a magical girl.

It is a pity that not many people watch this gem of an anime. And CLAMP is awesome as always. I am gonna pick up the manga and follow the episodes as it goes.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 3, 2018 5:07 AM

May 2016
It's been quite a while since I've watched the first episode but I haven't posted about it so it's about time I do that~

Aside from Madoka, I haven't really been exposed to the Magical Girl genre and it's obvious that this would've been a very different experience but I surprisingly enjoyed it a lot. It didn't feel too childish and the card parts looked spectacular. Cerberus' name is misleading kek

I can't wait to have more adventures with Sakura soon. I have to thank my lady friend for lending me the dvd coz the opening's super catchy ♥

Dec 30, 2018 2:05 AM

Dec 2014
Clam series...hmmm well I am hooked nice plot BTW
Mar 19, 2019 3:32 PM
Mar 2018
This was a good start to the show. The premise was good and right up my alley. I like shows where ordinary people get caught in fantasy events. There was a good amount of funny moments as well and Keroberos is adorable.
Mar 11, 2020 5:30 PM
Mar 2020
I just found the manga and now im here
so gud UwU
Apr 9, 2020 1:51 AM

Aug 2017
I loved this first episode. Great introduction to the story and I am curious about the power of the Clow Cards. Sakura captured the first one and I can't wait to get to know more about them!
May 24, 2020 10:59 PM

Jan 2014
Rewatching my favorite magical girl anime for the 5th time! Never realized how much of a badass Sakura was. She went from "I can't do it" to skating on the platform to jump onto the flying card. Definitely my favorite magical girl protagonist !!
Feb 18, 2021 12:10 PM

Jul 2016
After the huge disappointment that Kobato ended up being, here I am re-watching Sakura for the 4th. time.
Feb 25, 2021 4:04 AM

Jul 2020
Finally watching for the first time and I can already tell this will become one of my favorite anime :D I love the OP and the whole atmosphere
Mar 14, 2021 12:02 AM
Jan 2021
I watched it years and years ago when I was a teen still. I used to want my hair styled like Sakura's lol
Mar 21, 2021 10:43 AM

Mar 2008
Finally decided to watch this in 2021 after YT recommendations piqued my interest. 11 episodes in and I'm pretty sure I made a good decision.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Apr 20, 2021 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
Hm, Sakura is into such older man.. Hm.. Well, I guess, he seems gentle and stuff..
And her best friend Tomoyo is smart and pretty, as Sakura says.. Also photography/ film hard fan..
Sakura is also liked for how sporty she is, it seems.. On the other hand, she said she doesn't like math, prefer sports and music..
Dad's library, huh.. Interesting that they have whole library.. Well, dad has interesting profession.. Archeology professor..
lol, so the noise Sakura heard was this Keroberos snoring, lol.. ;D By the way, strange name.. It's like Cerberus?.. Gives a bit of a feel, of what if he might actually be not the good guy.. But who knows..
Like he/she (whoever Keroberos is) says that Sakura wants to form contract.. When he didn't tell her about it beforehand.. So Keroberos is kinda suspicious.. At least a bit..
I wonder, if other people can see these cards too.. Or be hurt or killed by them.. Or something.. Also, I wonder, if there will be helpful cards or cards with other personalities.. Either way will see.. Interesting start for now, will see, what's next..
May 24, 2021 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
Alright, I'm finally giving this show a shot. I stayed away from it for many years, as I assumed that it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it seems like it may be an okay show. I saw a piece of 1 or 2 episodes of this when it was first shown on North American TV, but I never actually tried to watch it until now.

I'm watching it with the "Animax Dub," which is a little more faithful to the Japanese than the American Dub was.

Jun 28, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
It’s been a while since I last watched this show. T-T
This has been one of my favorites since I was young
Sep 15, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2021
It looks like Sakura obtained the Fly HM.

I wanted to take a deep dive into more "retro" anime. A few people told me this is a great show to pick up. I'm not disappointed!
Sep 17, 2021 7:30 AM
Apr 2021
The soundtrack is the best. I didn't expect it to be on this level of epic
Jan 7, 2023 12:35 AM
Jul 2022
Good introduction but Sakura learns what to do with cards so fast lol, but its something I can laugh off
Jun 29, 2023 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
cute artstyke vvvv
Jul 16, 2023 12:28 PM
Jul 2023
I has this on my list for a few months but never had the chance to watch it, but last week I started it and Holy hell it is amazing, the opening,soundtrack and characters
Nov 9, 2023 11:49 AM
Jan 2021
It was good, i liked it
Dec 15, 2023 9:30 AM
Dec 2023
A very interesting start to Sakura's journey
Jan 5, 2:58 PM

Apr 2017
I'm watching this to cleanse my soul of Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi. I just want an anime that I'm guaranteed to enjoy, and so far, I've no complaints. I have a huge backlog of animanga to get through. After this, I have like 98 animanga to get through. That's if I don't add more to the list, so...
Mar 25, 6:04 PM
Dec 2023
only one episode in and its already one of my favorite magical girl anime! the op and ed are absolute bangers
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Dec 2021
Never watched this anime before, and I'm literally only watching it now because someone said "You've really never watched a singular anime from the year 1998?!", and they gave this one as an example of one I should prioritize given my watch history. As expected for the same Madhouse that animated my second favorite anime of all time, Yawara, the animation quality is beyond superb for something cel animated. It's too soon to give any heavy-hitting critiques, but if this is gonna be a partially non-fighting magical girl anime like Hime-chan no Ribbon (The type I have a much stronger bias towards), then I'm probably gonna love it. If not, well, I'll probably still like it a good deal.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 13 Discussion

enkil - Jul 7, 2009

28 by Monica_rina »»
Mar 31, 9:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.