Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
My favourite episode. Legato just makes everything better worse.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 23, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Legato was awesome and hot!

Vash and Legato can have telepathic conversations? WOW!

Is he actually the Devil? Maybe the devils son who ran away from hell like one of my favourite movies Little Nicky? That'd be hilarious tbh.

Vash had a gun under his arm all along lol.

When his eyes went all intense blue he looked like he turned super saiyan or something lol.
May 21, 2015 9:05 PM

Aug 2013
So Vash's left arm wrapped in leather was indeed robotic this entire time.

I wonder why and how Monev was forced to be enslaved for twenty years against his will though. I am sure Vash must have already popped up in that time.
Also, is Legato really powerful enough to be able to keep him in check or were there other people who kept the fellow locked up and obedient?

Despite how so many people were unconscious or under the rubble after Monev fired his weapons, none of them seemed to have been shot by the bullets directly so I doubt the casualty count was as high as Vash initially imagined.

On a side-note, the bag Legato left behind on the bench next to the fountain was never shown to be opened for some reason. What could have been in it?
Jul 14, 2015 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
shit's getting real
Aug 4, 2015 2:35 AM

Aug 2014
Duuuude! Amazing episode. What a change of pace, holy shit. I'm really hoping the show picks up now.

Lollo36 said:
Oh my god. It felt like the previous 11 episodes existed just to set up this one.
It's very rare that an anime makes me care about random people getting killed.

Exactly lol
Sep 15, 2016 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
Nice change of pace seeing a new face of Vash, his angry face.
Oct 29, 2016 11:13 PM

Dec 2013
Shit got serious in this episode! Vash was actually pretty scary in this episode.
Nov 18, 2016 6:52 PM

Jun 2011
I think I watched this episode like three time already.

What's with the shy little girl? She rejects ice cream from Meryl, becomes suspicious about a creepy man and accepts a hotdog? Also, that image with Legato pulling her head back was shocking.

This episode was scary and those glowing blue eyes Vash had was crazy! I mean, Vash was so aggressive in this episode.O_O

Interesting episode but scary...

6.5/10 or 7/10.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 8, 2017 3:20 AM

Dec 2015
What a wimpy loser, disappointed by this episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 4, 2017 1:10 PM
Jul 2016
Am I the only one who thought of Guts looking at his left arm?
Jun 29, 2017 2:06 PM

Jun 2016
muffin, absolutely muffin! xD
Aug 30, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2017
MaxVdub said:

also i wonder if they named the girl in his dreams Rem as a reference to REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep

Whoa, I never thought of that!

Wow, what an episode! The purple guy was crazed after being stuck underground for so long that he was willing to do anything. It seems like he had lost his humanity. Legato was very creepy in multiple ways, and he seems dangerous like a plague that passes over the land. And Vash nearly lost his cool. The last episode was really losing me and then we have this. Damn.
Mar 2, 2018 2:51 PM
Dec 2014
This is my new favourite episode perfect combination of serious and comedy.
Apr 12, 2018 10:54 AM

Jul 2011
I have to agree with everyone else, that episode was damn amazing. This is my first watch of Trigun and although I love the comedy, I love the serious moments even more. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the series develops and learning more about Vash.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
Man i'm luving this anime so far ^^
May 22, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
Anyways, this episode was interesting. I am betting that Vash will be revealed to have had a dark past and actually did kill people, he then changed his ways because of that girl we keep seeing in the flashbacks. I also predict that he had a plan to save everyone and nobody was killed, but their city was destroyed. Ah well, we will have to see.

Overall, a good episode, 4/5, better than the last one.
May 27, 2019 6:45 AM
Apr 2016
Rather amazing episode. Seems like really strong people are starting to go after Vash, that's interesting. It was cool to see this side of Vash, he really does hate "death."
Aug 26, 2019 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
That was some weird telepathy thing they had going on. Also he should've shot him, such scum doesn't deserve to live.
Sep 27, 2019 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Thank god the plot's finally really starting, this show has been a borefest so far.
Apr 10, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
Finaly decided to continue watching this anime after taking it on 1 month break. since stopped after 11 episodes. And it didnt dissapoint at all. This is really the most amazing episode so far out of all .
Apr 25, 2020 5:35 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Absolutely fantastic episode. I don't know when, but as this show started kind of okay, it managed to capture my full attention and love at some point, and this episode only points that out more. I hope Nicholas was present to provide help, I feel things would have ended up differently. We've come a long way since Milly and Meryl first saw Vash, they are now a lovely little family that cares for one another.

It seems that we've finally got around Vash's past, which is very interesting having me question who Vash really is, and this smug pretty boy too, he kind of look like Vicious from Cowboy Bepop.
Jul 27, 2020 12:28 PM

May 2016
It was very sad to see Vash in such a dreadful state, just wanting to help people out but not being able to save them from getting so brutally killed as if they were worth nothing. I can understand him not finishing the bastard off since that would mean going past the point of no return. It would've been completely understandable if he did carry out the deed and I hope that he'd get executed for his crimes by the authorities.

His command over lost technology, him being a lot older than he looks, that part where he telepathically communicated with that assassin with the hotdogs; the pieces finally came together when he revealed that his arm was a cybernetic enhancement. There's a very big possibility that he's not as human as he looks but he certainly a heart of gold~

Aug 13, 2020 5:56 PM
May 2020
All that needs to be said here is that THE PLOT GETS REAL IN THIS EPISODE!
I am re-watching this episode and I can't believe I have completely forgotten how amazing and deep of a character that Vash the Stampede is.
Sep 2, 2020 2:12 PM

Dec 2007
purely genius! didn't thought that quality of series (who is already good) would rise so much just in one episode.

i have pretty good guess i thought before the end about vash from his "talk" with that guy and his eyes and the end is just confirming more about my guess, i hope it's it'll be true.

and we finally get to see rem's face, wonder who she was for him.
Nov 13, 2020 10:04 PM

Sep 2018
Woah this episode was insane!

I have so many unanswered questions but I damn well know they'll be answered.

Im currently wondering if Vash is even from Earth or whatever world they're on. The world they're currently on looks like an udder wasteland and has blazing suns 24/7. Was it always like that? It couldn't have been long since some of the characters in the show have pale skin, but this could be a stylistic choice. In the flashback, I saw a pretty well-looking city that doesn't match any scenery or city that we've been shown. The robot looking dude was also talking about "ive been waiting for 20 years"... How old even is Vash? Is he even human? Lastly, i wonder who that guy in a short flashback with the unknown guy killing two unknown people. Is that the "telepathic" dude? If its not who is it?

This series is making me have so many questions. Sorry if my thoughts are all jumbled
Sep 11, 2021 5:16 AM

May 2019
This show always has the perfect balance of seriousness, action and straight up silliness.

LEGATO BLUESUMMERS? What a great name.

More of Vash's dark backstory is cool. Vash actually having a moral dilemma rather than being certain.
Dec 26, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
That was very trippy and kinda scary...
May 17, 2022 7:36 PM

Dec 2020
This is probably the best episode thus far.

I feel like this has been building for some time now , and I'm curious to see where Vash's journey goes from here and what's the lore behind those who were sent to off him.
Oct 28, 2022 9:35 PM
Feb 2020
This is one of the most important episodes in anime. I dont say that lightly. Truly an incredible episode and i felt some of the last few were sort of weak. This changed the series around in many ways, soft wrapping the half season. This episode is where Trigun matches the highs Bebop hits.
Nov 16, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2015
This episode reveals who Vash really is.
Dec 4, 2022 3:50 PM

Jan 2020
I'm so excited for this encounter.

Legato's initial confrontation with Vash is so creepy. And, it's insane how negatively Vash reacts to him.

Probably my favorite attack in the entirety of this series is Vash's 3 bullets right to Monev's face. Absolutely brutal. That, juxtaposed with the despair of nearly losing himself in rage. It's so well done.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 7, 2022 11:18 PM
Oct 2021
that was just wow.
Jan 2, 2023 7:00 AM

Apr 2016
Vash show more of his "dark" past and also telepathy if there was any doubt he is not completely "human".
Feb 19, 2023 10:36 PM
May 2017
People are already dead. But Vash can not realize that not killing certain people lead to more death. When will he learn.
Jun 30, 2023 6:11 AM

Jan 2021
I really like Vash's interal conflit. It shows the disparity between him and others. The fact he struggles with things that most just don't even think about is a great contrast.
Sep 6, 2023 6:37 PM

Mar 2022
Wow, wow, wow, wow, a thousand times, wow is all I can say for this episode. Just absolutely incredible episode. I actually got to see more of Vash's dark side in this when he was holding the gun in Monev's face you could really feel how pissed off he was and credit to Johnny Yong Bosch just giving a terrific performance during that scene is probably one of the best scenes in the entire anime. Legato is defintely somebody to look for in the near future in terms of Trigun. Man that talk he has with Vash over telepathy of all things to not only highlight that Vash is not as he seems but to give a layer of tension to the both of them.

In fact the whole episode was so intense that it hurts. For the most part I thought this anime was pretty good but up till this episode, things really got dark very quickly in this. Just everybody in the town getting slaughtered and also Vash just struggling with his morality because of it. Awesome stuff all around. Best episode so far.
Jan 4, 3:19 AM

Dec 2022
Amazing episode we finally saw Vash snap.

Vash can be so damn powerful when he wants to be, and his arm turns into a gun!?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

68 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 23, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

55 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

67 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kinda disappointed

Tomi3b - Apr 5

44 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 18, 12:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.