Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2012 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
His magic seems real enough.
Apr 8, 2012 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
Yep. xD
May 29, 2012 9:45 AM

Sep 2008
I really hope his magic is real.
Dec 25, 2012 10:59 AM

Jun 2009
Well, that depends...
Magician said:
Do you believe in magic?

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
May 30, 2013 5:37 AM

Jan 2012
i have a feeling his magic isn't real.. but that's not really a bad thing, he just seems like a genuine guy who wants to help her!
Nov 2, 2014 11:25 PM

Oct 2013
dat placebo
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 4, 2015 12:37 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Well I forgot that Ai didn't like her father because of the "child in adult body" thing, which is also why she doesn't like L. But still, I don't see how that's worse than the mother who left you. And correction, she apparently doesn't hold a grudge against his father, and understands why her mother left (because she's suffering from poverty too), but she still thinks of her father as pathetic...why. I'm saying this because my father did the same thing, but the only feeling towards him that I have is sympathy. Don't ever call someone pathetic when they were trying to live. And stop asking L why isn't he living like a normal adult. Being normal is boring, he has a dream, and he's going for it. Why can't you be happy about that? Stop projecting, Ai, and just admit you're envious of him.

It's hard to believe in magic, but I would want to believe in it.
Mar 15, 2016 10:16 PM

Aug 2015
tingy said:
Well I forgot that Ai didn't like her father because of the "child in adult body" thing, which is also why she doesn't like L. But still, I don't see how that's worse than the mother who left you. And correction, she apparently doesn't hold a grudge against his father, and understands why her mother left (because she's suffering from poverty too), but she still thinks of her father as pathetic...why. I'm saying this because my father did the same thing, but the only feeling towards him that I have is sympathy. Don't ever call someone pathetic when they were trying to live. And stop asking L why isn't he living like a normal adult. Being normal is boring, he has a dream, and he's going for it. Why can't you be happy about that? Stop projecting, Ai, and just admit you're envious of him.

It's hard to believe in magic, but I would want to believe in it.
Late reply but I wanted to give my opinion

I completely blame the father and agree with why she thinks he's pathetic. He had a childish unrealistic dream, that put their family in debt and he then ran away from it. Leaving Ai and her sister to fend for themselves. He only thought of himself, never really cared about repercussions.

(His name is R in the translation I'm reading), Her reason for hating R makes complete sense. The dude isn't making any money. He's 30 years old, living in a abondoned tent. Saying he's a real magician (let's be logical and say magic doesn't exist). The dude is pretty pathetic and has a very childish mindset. He's basically leeching of that chick (one who brought him food) and just living in the moment.

R basically reminds Ai of her own father and hates his childish mindset. She's realistic and logical, and it makes perfect sense to just ignore the magician and move on. He's only harming her, by taking time away from her studies that will ruin her grades. And lower the chances of her climbing out of poverty.

I feel bad for the magician, if he's just doing tricks. And magic doesn't exist, I pity the guy.
Mar 15, 2016 11:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DJAnime said:

I completely blame the father and agree with why she thinks he's pathetic. He had a childish unrealistic dream, that put their family in debt and he then ran away from it. Leaving Ai and her sister to fend for themselves. He only thought of himself, never really cared about repercussions.

(His name is R in the translation I'm reading), Her reason for hating R makes complete sense. The dude isn't making any money. He's 30 years old, living in a abondoned tent. Saying he's a real magician (let's be logical and say magic doesn't exist). The dude is pretty pathetic and has a very childish mindset. He's basically leeching of that chick (one who brought him food) and just living in the moment.

R basically reminds Ai of her own father and hates his childish mindset. She's realistic and logical, and it makes perfect sense to just ignore the magician and move on. He's only harming her, by taking time away from her studies that will ruin her grades. And lower the chances of her climbing out of poverty.

I feel bad for the magician, if he's just doing tricks. And magic doesn't exist, I pity the guy.

I'm not saying I don't blame the father and I'd understand if she had some other negative feelings towards her father other than pity. But I guess I took it too personally given that I could relate to her having a father like that, and I would never call my father pathetic despite what he has done (and hadn't done). Part of the reason is also because I feel like the word "pathetic" just doesn't sit well with me in this situation, due to having a condescending connotation. I wonder if that's really the closest translation for whatever the original Korean word was, and if it is, then I still disagree with Ai using such a word. Again, it's mainly just a gripe, because she could've called him selfish (which like you described, he was) and I wouldn't have taken my time to call her out on it. I'd like to mention that although the father ran away, at least he didn't leave them behind forever unlike their mother

Also my comment from chapter 15:
While her father is definitely nowhere near the world's best father, I think it's understandable that he came and left. After all, he won't be able to visit and give them any money at all if he was taken or beaten by the debt collectors. If he really didn't care, he wouldn't have come back ever, nor would he have given them the little money he had. He would've just left forever and tried to save up money for himself to live. But he still came back, and he saved some money and gave it to his daughters. Obviously doesn't excuse what he's making his daughters go through do to his actions, but at least he is still trying to act like a father.

Hmm, as for L, I found him to be a really interesting character. I stand by my view that part of why Ai dislikes L is because she's subconsciously aware that she's envious and skeptical at his freedom. I don't think he wants to be pitied either because he's doing what he wants, and whether he's leeching off someone or not, he's free. And also because of something that's shown in a later chapter.
tingyMar 15, 2016 11:17 PM
Mar 21, 2016 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
That real enough for ya, missy?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aKn1_g20 - Feb 5, 2012

81 by samisenpaiii »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 1 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 29, 2012

19 by brunolive »»
Aug 23, 2022 4:23 AM

» Netflix Live-Action?

kingofgame39 - May 23, 2022

4 by kushakashi »»
Jun 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 22 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 30, 2012

16 by SakuraAme »»
Aug 3, 2020 1:47 PM

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 21 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 30, 2012

7 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 2, 2020 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.