Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I thought Akiyama said a lot of needless stuff in his long speech last chapter, but, of course it was all just as planned. I was surprised too with the relatively small bids. I expected it to hit three figures in the first no holds barred bidding round and hit 250+ in the next but Akiyama is so smart.
Mar 24, 2012 1:00 PM

Sep 2007
Now we go for the next phase.
Mar 24, 2012 1:12 PM

May 2008
i bet Akiyama's blushing on the inside.
Mar 24, 2012 1:48 PM

Feb 2010
I'm impressed with Akiyama's foresight, but I'm also impressed that Nao was able to tell what was going on at a glance. She's gotten a lot better at this.
Mar 24, 2012 2:00 PM

Aug 2010
Man, the protagonists seem to be pretty well off at this point. Nao could basically do nothing for the rest of the game and still be fine, and Akiyama has two hands and almost full money.
Mar 24, 2012 8:18 PM

Nov 2011
If I saw right, Akiyama has a flush already, and that is without the next round. Plus he only spent 3 coins on bidding.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 24, 2012 9:11 PM
Sep 2011
lol I love Akiyama!
Anyway I am glad that Nao isn't mad @ Akiyama because he always has a reason for everything he does, even though sometimes he doesn't get a result until several turns later.

Akiyama also almost has a straight he is doing quite well... not that that is a surprise.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Mar 24, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2009
Good thing there's no rift between them.
Mar 29, 2012 10:32 AM

Sep 2010
it could be intresting plot two of them fighting but at this level of manga (chapeter 152) it's wouldn't fit at all,
Apr 2, 2012 4:50 PM
Dec 2008
Thing is, Harimoto looked pleased to get that last lot.

If I'm correct, he could make a lot of money in the trading session since the money bid on lot go to the owner. Since he has a team, he could discard any card and his team can bid on it so it doesn't sell under a certain amount of money. This trick could also be pulled by Nao and Akiyama, but I doubt they would do that. Still, There's Abe which will most likely ally Nao in this game.

That is, IF the money bid on lots go to the one who discarded.
Apr 24, 2012 6:01 AM
Apr 2012
I think the LGT dealers are ruining this manga. They draw it out for so long taking up so much space, plus they rarely have anything insightful to say, any intellectual can pick up what's going on most of the time and if they can't, that's the surprise and suspense the manga is supposed to have- the dealers are just explaining things to each other as a narrative to the readers who are oblivious which is totally destroying the mood and they seem to be able to freeze time to have these conversations while the players just stand around and wait or something.

Aren't these guys supposed to be the ones who set the game up? Yet they seem absolutely amazed at almost EVERYTHING that happens. Someone makes a move and they're all 'Whaaaaat?!!' Like it's a big deal or something. It really removes the mysterious aura they had earlier on, like they were the big bad corporation that nobody knew anything about. Now they're a bunch of hired idiots in masks who don't have any idea what's going on. It got so bad the new 'boss' of the dealers had to be created just to keep the ominous presence that the LGB dealers once had still around somewhere but it's a lame way to do it.

Their monitoring offices are being used as a crux in the manga for a chronologically detached area the story can be explained in any pace that they want. This is bad, since such things are supposed to be done artistically and not so robotically like that. Any time an incident that happened earlier needs to be brought to light, they just go ahead and show a recording of it. Instead, why doesn't the manga just leave that out and have SOME things left to the imagination. For example, when if someone convinces another player to join their team, instead of having the LGT dealers having a big conversation about it, why not just let it come to light when it actually happens? Like when the betrayal/alliance is discovered by the players in the game - that should be enough.

So yeah, I'm starting to get tired of this manga. It's getting progressively worse and just dragging on unnecessarily. Barely anything happens in a single chapter, it takes like 3 or 4 chapters just to introduce a new game and get past the 'mock' games of it.
May 4, 2012 6:24 PM
Dec 2008
Xtylish said:
I think the LGT dealers are ruining this manga. They draw it out for so long taking up so much space, plus they rarely have anything insightful to say, any intellectual can pick up what's going on most of the time and if they can't, that's the surprise and suspense the manga is supposed to have- the dealers are just explaining things to each other as a narrative to the readers who are oblivious which is totally destroying the mood and they seem to be able to freeze time to have these conversations while the players just stand around and wait or something.

Aren't these guys supposed to be the ones who set the game up? Yet they seem absolutely amazed at almost EVERYTHING that happens. Someone makes a move and they're all 'Whaaaaat?!!' Like it's a big deal or something. It really removes the mysterious aura they had earlier on, like they were the big bad corporation that nobody knew anything about. Now they're a bunch of hired idiots in masks who don't have any idea what's going on. It got so bad the new 'boss' of the dealers had to be created just to keep the ominous presence that the LGB dealers once had still around somewhere but it's a lame way to do it.

Their monitoring offices are being used as a crux in the manga for a chronologically detached area the story can be explained in any pace that they want. This is bad, since such things are supposed to be done artistically and not so robotically like that. Any time an incident that happened earlier needs to be brought to light, they just go ahead and show a recording of it. Instead, why doesn't the manga just leave that out and have SOME things left to the imagination. For example, when if someone convinces another player to join their team, instead of having the LGT dealers having a big conversation about it, why not just let it come to light when it actually happens? Like when the betrayal/alliance is discovered by the players in the game - that should be enough.

So yeah, I'm starting to get tired of this manga. It's getting progressively worse and just dragging on unnecessarily. Barely anything happens in a single chapter, it takes like 3 or 4 chapters just to introduce a new game and get past the 'mock' games of it.

I know how you feel but you have to understand that doing this makes their target audience bigger.
May 15, 2012 2:17 PM

Nov 2011
Xtylish said:

I was pretty amazed at times, why can't the LGT dealers be amazed? Just because a puzzle maker makes a puzzle, he can't be amazed that someone found a way to solve it? O-o. Plus, it is not clear that these LGT dealers were the masterminds behind this game, perhaps they are just pawns to the real mastermind behind the actual game.

Plus the dealers actually have use in the manga, they create suspense when you are viewing the game from their point of view rather than the players like in the contraband game when the microphone was missing.

I understand that you think that they should be showing less of the LGT dealers so the story can move along faster, but I feel that they are actually a good part of the story as a whole and I don't feel that they are ruining the anime at all =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 15, 2012 4:39 PM

Apr 2012
I have to agree that the LGT dealers are bringing down the story a bit. I don't think they are ruining the manga but their explaining of every little point get to be a bit pedantic. And I think their reaction are just too over the top. Sometimes it seems like they are shitting their pants over the simplest concepts and while they may not be designing the games they are still made out to be astute manipulators so they should be more calm and collected. In the early chapters these guys are so menacing but not they look like a bunch of ignorant clowns.

I think the manga would be better served to have a narrator like Kaiji to explain the big moves. The Kaiji narrator is really able to paint a picture while speaking in interesting metaphors or colorful rather than dry exposition. The Kaiji narration gets the job done while keep the characterization of the cast in tact instead of ruining a key group like Liar Game does.

It's still an entertaining story and it has some nice twists and turns but the story has been moving really slow lately and it makes it harder to enjoy when you only get a few chapters at a time in sporadic intervals,
May 17, 2014 8:08 AM
Mar 2013
Xtylish said:

Totally agree. What bothers me most about it is that I liked it better when they were mysterious and threatening. It was much easier to see them as the enemy before. Now they just seem like John Madden-esque commentators. Plus it's kind of annoying that the entire progress gets put on pause constantly for the same routine:

Dealer A: "Whaaaa what happened?"

Dealer B: "Fufufu such-and-such just fell into a trap."

Dealer A: "What???? A trap? No way?"

Dealer B rambles for about two pages about how clever the player is before finally explaining what happened.

Dealer A: "Omg! He's so smart!"

Dealer B: "Yup. Let's keep watching."
Jun 17, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2016
I think the bald guy has some funny face expressions.
Feb 6, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
Well I'm glad she's not blaming Akiyama, or she's definitely dead to me.

Jan 27, 2018 3:24 AM
Jun 2017
DarklordVor said:
Well I'm glad she's not blaming Akiyama, or she's definitely dead to me.

You give Nao far less credit than she deserves.
Nov 22, 2021 1:21 AM

Jan 2017
With how much coins Akiyama and Nao has and Akiyama having 2 card lots in comparison to Harimoto's 1 lot and zilch coins, it should be an easy victory right...?

Definitely not with this series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 1 Discussion

supersayen - Sep 21, 2010

22 by TheGeno42 »»
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.