Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2012 4:00 PM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
Kazeshini83 said:
That moment when Shu uses his kings void on the apocalypse flower was a bit corny in some way followed on by a cliched ending. It was really nice that they all remembered Hare's Birthday which was nice. Shu went for a stroll at the park listening to Inori's songs towards the end. Yet left alone and entrusted with Inori's heart, 8/10

Ew. Taking care of an organ is gross.

Get the fuck out. You're not even funny anymore. Not like you were ever.

XD
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Mar 22, 2012 4:03 PM
Mar 2012
WTF was up with the ending. They better make season 2 or im gonna be super piss.
Mar 22, 2012 4:04 PM

May 2010
momoajkungg said:
WTF was up with the ending. They better make season 2 or im gonna be super piss.

they better not make season 2 or i gonna be realy super pissed
Mar 22, 2012 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
The ending actually got me. I honestly didn't see it coming that Inori would die, but its good that he remembers a world with her at the while listening to her song.

Also a second season isn't needed. Ended in the right place =]
Mar 22, 2012 4:06 PM
Mar 2012
Kerozinn said:
momoajkungg said:

shut up
Mar 22, 2012 4:07 PM
Apr 2008
i don't know why, but the endings where they cripple the main character have always annoyed me.

EI: This, FMA (manga and anime), etc.

I mean, the blindness really served no drama. He got treated like shit by everyone for the entire series, even before he snapped in episode 15.

The last scene was like the final kicking of the dog.

Writers "Lol he had a terrible life, and now he'll have a terrible and uneventful life forever!"
Mar 22, 2012 4:08 PM
Mar 2012
shadowtsunami said:
Sury said:
The final episode was horrible. I expected an epic battle, more Mana, Inori using her fighting skills once more, but none of that happened in a satisfying way. Even music and animation felt way out of place this time.

The anime could have done much better with a few episodes more, but still it was good and entertaining overall for most of the time. 7/10

Agreed the battle was really bad, and the show was predictable imo. The animation didn't feel out of place, but sometimes the music did. I was going to give it a 6/10 but I gave it a 7 because it was at least entertaining for the most part.

i know right i expected some sort of an epic battle the Shu and Inori die together. Shu is better of dead.

Jun 2007
Dr_Smurph said:
I think I would be fine with how it worked out if the epilog gave you a bit more closure. Ayase and Shu don't look very close, shows Shu sitting alone in the park thinking of Inori after a few years had passed. Way too bittersweet.

I think it would have been worse if they went with a 'happy ending' where Shu and Inori and everyone else was saved and all lived happily ever after. Would have felt very forced.
Jun 2011
well it was now good enough, but would rather have shu would die with inori. instead of being alone ...7/10
Mar 22, 2012 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
Ballet opera... oh my god. Incredible high production value, plot turned dumb, shitty ending, left me with nothing. How can anyone really like this ending?
Mar 22, 2012 4:09 PM

Oct 2010
I was waiting for the "Daryl after this ill show the rest (random officer kiss him while pushing him to the elevator)"

Story was beyond weak sauce but it was kinda entertaining, mostly the graphic pull most of the weight.

7/10 - It is better than average but everything has been done before and much better
Seriously is a dumb down version of Eva

@momoajkungg
Why a second season? Maybe a prequel with the Gai and main would be more interesting but even then it will just be meh. Mana (Eva/Rei) is dead-dead and no one that had connection with the project survive. Maybe Daath will try again but then it would be like a sequel over a thousand years span like Aquarion Evol or something like that
huh?
Mar 22, 2012 4:10 PM

Mar 2011
momoajkungg said:
A season two wouldn't make any sense unless they are replacing shu because there are no more voids and shu is blind...
--------
After I saw this episode I felt like smashing my head to a wall. If they both died together that would be better than the metaphor of shu keeping inori in his "heart". I was getting ready to cry when shu takes everything with him preparing to die with the girl he loves thus becoming a savior then boom... I felt like crap after >>

All Together w/ music : 8/10
Ending: 7/10
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?

Dec 2010
That ending.. :(; i mean it does the title justice if anything but it almost makes me wish Shu died; i mean i'm sure some would agree with the saying "better of dead"; the guy is blind and alone now that Inori is gone... granted he could always end up with Ayase since it seems very possible on her end; but with how he was in the last moments as he closed his eyes and saw Inori i couldn't help but feel for the guy, like the idioms site says he has been the "Chew toy" this entire season and even when all is said and done he doesn't get a break...Kind of touching tho that the only thing he will ever "see" is what he last saw and that is Inori. The season has had its ups and downs, started off a clear disapointment but i gotta say it surprised me towards the end; if it was like this the whole way i imagine it could have been way better. Still tho it held true to its title; and all and all even if its bitter the ending fits; still wish Inori would have lived tho or like i mentioned before them dying together might have been a better ending.
Mar 2012
shadowtsunami said:
Kerozinn said:
momoajkungg said:

someone on animeultima said they where lol. And I agree with Momoahkung the ending was lackluster, and predictable...

Thank you sir.
Mar 22, 2012 4:11 PM

Apr 2009
2/10 for the whole anime, we got exactly what this anime deserved: A bullshit ending with lots of asspulls.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 22, 2012 4:12 PM
Mar 2012
shadowtsunami said:
momoajkungg said:
shadowtsunami said:
Sury said:
The final episode was horrible. I expected an epic battle, more Mana, Inori using her fighting skills once more, but none of that happened in a satisfying way. Even music and animation felt way out of place this time.

The anime could have done much better with a few episodes more, but still it was good and entertaining overall for most of the time. 7/10

Agreed the battle was really bad, and the show was predictable imo. The animation didn't feel out of place, but sometimes the music did. I was going to give it a 6/10 but I gave it a 7 because it was at least entertaining for the most part.

i know right i expected some sort of an epic battle then Shu and Inori die together. Shu is better of dead.

that made me lol

Why didn't they kill the "BITCH".
momoajkunggMar 22, 2012 4:15 PM
Mar 22, 2012 4:13 PM
Nov 2011
I'm glad Shu and Ayase survived, seeing as he went through the most throughout that, and Ayase was the only character who didnt have a personality transplant.

Was a bit wierd when that lieutenant saves Danyl.

Was defiently worth watching, if only to see all the rage comments poasted after episode :D
Mar 22, 2012 4:14 PM

Jun 2009
LOL, the ending was even more ridiculous that I would've ever imagined. 2/10
Mar 22, 2012 4:14 PM

Mar 2011
I think shu turned crazy and is in denial >> because he failed to save inori, ended up blind, lost his arm and is sitting peacefully listening to music... Usually someone would lose the will to live after that
Jelly?
Mar 22, 2012 4:18 PM
Mar 2012
Oh and the part where the glasses guy saved Daryl by throwing him inside the elevator reminded me of the scene in which Misato saved Shinji in Evangelion doing exactly the same thing and gun shots following closely after the elevator door closes.. ahaha.. =)

Just some random thought of mine.
Mar 22, 2012 4:19 PM

Dec 2010
This ending was indeed rushed a lot but overall wasn't so bad. However i feel that something is missing, hope they include an extra episode to provide better explanation and a proper ending for all characters.

4/5.
Mar 22, 2012 4:22 PM
Mar 2012
syracuse said:
Oh and the part where the glasses guy saved Daryl by throwing him inside the elevator reminded me of the scene in which Misato saved Shinji in Evangelion doing exactly the same thing and gun shots following closely after the elevator door closes.. ahaha.. =)

Just some random thought of mine.

Guily Crown copy alot of animes
Mar 22, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
I loved the anime untile the end.

It had stuff that I like to watch, yes there are questions that are unanswered, but do we really care that much?

The ending well made me tear a bit. Inori died, no shit sherlock. But it was unfair, the fact that they would've died together would've been really nice, but until the point where he was released from the crystal, I was like "Fuck no".

I gotta draw a manga strip of how I want it to end. I cannot except this crap ending.

Just because of the ending, my 10/10 score basis dropped to 9/10. The anime is lucky it has a beautiful OST.
Mar 22, 2012 4:24 PM
Mar 2012
WTF was up with Mana's dance.
Mar 22, 2012 4:26 PM
Mar 2012
Eu7 said:
I loved the anime untile the end.

It had stuff that I like to watch, yes there are questions that are unanswered, but do we really care that much?

The ending well made me tear a bit. Inori died, no shit sherlock. But it was unfair, the fact that they would've died together would've been really nice, but until the point where he was released from the crystal, I was like "Fuck no".

I gotta draw a manga strip of how I want it to end. I cannot except this crap ending.

Just because of the ending, my 10/10 score basis dropped to 9/10. The anime is lucky it has a beautiful OST.

They should make an alternate where shu and inori die
Mar 22, 2012 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
Mixed feelings about this show. People calling it utter garbage are trolls. Yes, it wasn't the best show, yes there's a LOT OF PLOT HOLES, yes the ending sucked, but that doesn't mean justify giving it a score of 1 or 2 or 3 out of 10. I can name plenty of series that are much worse than guilty crown.

Anyways, overall 7/10, I didn't like the way the ending turned out, they should've just had them both die or something. Shu being blind, without inori, fake arm, and all really makes me feel bad for him. He's been shitted on the entire series and in the end he still gets the short end of the stick.
Mar 22, 2012 4:28 PM

Feb 2012
momoajkungg said:
WTF was up with Mana's dance.

Ballet opera, man! That scene was a facepalm moment, what did they think when they wrote it and animated it.
Mar 22, 2012 4:29 PM
Feb 2012
Irrelevant how you look at it- it doesn't make sense. Shu endured all the pain (lost Hare, got betrayed, mentally destroyed etc etc) and wore the "Guilty Crown" to protect and save his girl; which by the way is the person who helped him bearing all the sadness and sorrow. So one would naturally expect to see a happy end.
Of course that doesn't happen since the writers were probably high as fuck when writing the last episode. Seriously, Shu, take that music device and slam it in your face till you stop breathing. You'll be better off.

And bear with my little rants, guys. They'll stop eventually lol.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

May 2008
At least it was better than the Mass Effect 3 Ending.
Feb 2012
2 season is needed for explain the plotholes!!!!!!It's obvious.....
Mar 22, 2012 4:30 PM

Jul 2011
aww man, inori died, for some reason it kinda makes me feel sad and sorry for shu, the love of his life is dead and gone forever

i guess this is the end of this anime, its been fun but the ending seemed to lack something, i wish they would make more episodes and another season but there is not much to go on and they already seem to be at peace 4 years later

im glad ayase, shu survived but they are not a couple sadly, i guess he will grow old listening to inori's songs because thats the only thing he has left of her and the only way he will be close to her

overall i think this was a good anime its an 8.5-9/10 for me, although the first half wasn't all that

Jan 2012
Oh man, Shu is blind
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster

Mar 2011
Telesis said:
Zhou said:
Ballet opera... oh my god. Incredible high production value, plot turned dumb, shitty ending, left me with nothing. How can anyone really like this ending?
More like how can anyone like this show. It has been a while since I have given anything under a 5. This just managed to do it. Only thing saving it from a 1-2 is the music/animation.
The first half of guilty crown was really good and the best ive seen in a while... After mana and gai died the first time the show started to fall. You can't give it a low score if you look the the anime as a whole (all 22 episodes)
Jelly?
Mar 22, 2012 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
what can i say... show: 4/10 ending: 1/10
Mar 22, 2012 4:32 PM

Apr 2008
NikuiKira12 said:
At least it was better than the Mass Effect 3 Ending.

Oh god don't remind me *still plotting the anihilation of Bioware and EA for that fuckup*
Mar 22, 2012 4:34 PM

Oct 2010
GuiltyKing said:
Fuck fuck fuck FUCK NO! Why? Why the fuck did they kill Inori and left Shu alone? And on top of that he is fucking blind and only has his memories of Inori? Fuck what is this shit? I've defended this anime the whole freakin' time because I knew that the writers wouldn't let me down and now they dare to literally take a shit on their fans. This ending isn't good- it's a sadistic act and one of the most fucked up endings I've seen to date.

Why not kill them both? I would've been sad as fuck but at least they would've stayed together. Or why not save them both with two freakin' void genomes *plus* Inori's power? Happy ending? No it's better to mindfuck the audience. Ugh I'm so pissed right now; I can't believe this is really happening. FUCK
EUH! Me it's the opposite. DEPRESSED AS SHIT! I think the authors wanted to give out the message of staying faithful to your love till your death. But that backfired badly I see. Well it was not something they should have done but on the opposite you do know with all the young people seeing this, it encourages lover suicides. IMO I think that would be bad. The ending totally tells to live on even without your lover and ailments. It furthermore encourages to treasure friendship, cause IMO Shu would suicide like that with no support.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 22, 2012 4:34 PM
Jun 2011
what is the point of him living if hes BLIND?????????????????????????????????????????
Mar 22, 2012 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
Inori is the ultimate hero.. T____T

AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OVER!!!! ;~;

Seeing those flashbacks at the end made me think to myself "DAMN, WE WENT THROUGH A REALLY LONG JOURNEY! ;~;"

I SWEAR.. IT FELT LIKE YESTERDAY WHEN I SAW EPISODE 1! T____T

..10/10

BUT IM STILL MAD ABOUT 1 THING!!
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKINGGGGG TSUGUMI AND DARYL NOT GETTING TOGETHER AT THE END!!!!!!!!!! T_________________T
THEY R ONE OF MY ULTIMATE OTPS!!! T_______________T
Mar 22, 2012 4:37 PM

May 2008
abaanda said:
what is the point of him living if hes BLIND?????????????????????????????????????????

Well at least he has Ayase.... So I wonder what their kid will be like.
Mar 22, 2012 4:37 PM

Jul 2011
WHAT THE FUCK is up with good guys turning into bad guys wanting to be good guys at the end with little disregard for EVERYTHING ELSE just like bad guys. Gai's character is fucking lame. "Oh just didn't want to be selected out". This emo antihero bullshit really has to stop, it's overdone and doesn't add anything to the story aside from a bad taste in the viewer's mouth when explaining why he was being a complete and utter douche.

"Then you would come to stop us." - Gai
"YOU RIPPED OFF MY ARM, LEFT ME FOR DEAD, TRIED TO KILL ME, AND USED MY WOMAN'S BODY AS A VESSEL FOR THAT DUMB BITCH!" - Proper response

How many times has Shu almost been killed because of Gai's plans due to insane self righteousness?

And this bittersweet ending just as cliched. Shu was willing to sacrifice himself to be in stasis with Inori for the rest of eternity (or until the crystals get destroyed, don't really know the science behind it). I know Inori is kind and all but if the dude is willing to sacrifice himself to be with the one he loves (who wouldn't, amirite?), just let him. Why would the writers think it's a good idea to revive him (in a tower that's about to be destroyed, no less) but them give him severe handicaps and the loss of his love? It's an awful idea.

The ending just destroyed the notion of self sacrifice for the rest of humanity, his friends, his family, everyone afflicted with the crystal cancer. When he got his powers back and took it upon himself to carry THEIR burdens, it meant something, that he was a very good guy. Inori taking that away from him just makes him a blind regular guy. And what the hell is up with the blindness anyway? Not sure if I just wasn't paying attention or what, but it felt really left field, because Mana went blind after her chest dildo got destroyed, Inori got it, and gave it to Shu in exchange for the crystal herpes.

Urgh, nandafuckingyo!
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Mar 22, 2012 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
Lulexiaa said:
AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OVER!!!! ;~;

Seeing those flashbacks at the end made me think to myself "DAMN, WE WENT THROUGH A REALLY LONG JOURNEY! ;~;"

I SWEAR.. IT FELT LIKE YESTERDAY WHEN I SAW EPISODE 1! T____T

..10/10

BUT IM STILL MAD ABOUT 1 THING!!
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKINGGGGG TSUGUMI AND DARYL NOT GETTING TOGETHER AT THE END!!!!!!!!!! T_________________T
THEY R ONE OF MY ULTIMATE OTPS!!! T_______________T

Eh 22 episode season isn't really a "long journey" It's an average season length :O. A long journey for an anime show would be like Major: Messages, the flashbacks at the end = nostalgia over 9000
Mar 22, 2012 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
i think it should of ended with shu's death with inori, he would be a legend and known for his sacrifice and like gai and mana they would be together even after death
Mar 22, 2012 4:39 PM

Nov 2011
The tears... won't stop. God things must really suck for Shu. Gai, Hare, Jun and now Inori... He can't ever win can he? Did anyone else see the Happy Birthday Hare on the cake? Jesus that made me even sadder. This series had it's ups and downs but I was always so entertained with it. I give it a 6 maybe a 7 .

On another thought, I wonder why Shu went blind.
Mar 22, 2012 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
I agree it was far to expected it feels like a lelouch and suzaku ending. Not to mention I was expecting a epic battle like 21 had but, overall it was a let down also why was shu blind? I didn't get that part at all. We will see what they do for season 2 I guess
Mar 22, 2012 4:40 PM
Mar 2012
abaanda said:

Dude! What are you trying to say about blind people? :(
Mar 22, 2012 4:42 PM
Mar 2012
yaHzee said:
Mixed feelings about this show. People calling it utter garbage are trolls. Yes, it wasn't the best show, yes there's a LOT OF PLOT HOLES, yes the ending sucked, but that doesn't mean justify giving it a score of 1 or 2 or 3 out of 10. I can name plenty of series that are much worse than guilty crown.

People have different tastes. Some people will hate it, some people will love it, and others will just think "meh". I don't care as long as people make constructive arguments instead of trolling.
Mar 22, 2012 4:42 PM
Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
EUH! Me it's the opposite. DEPRESSED AS SHIT! I think the authors wanted to give out the message of staying faithful to your love till your death. But that backfired badly I see. Well it was not something they should have done but on the opposite you do know with all the young people seeing this, it encourages lover suicides. IMO I think that would be bad. The ending totally tells to live on even without your lover and ailments. It furthermore encourages to treasure friendship, cause IMO Shu would suicide like that with no support.

Young couples shouldn't watch this anime.

I don't get the message of the anime. Shu went through *so much* shit and lost so much that it's surprising that he hasn't gone insane yet. After all the pain he endured it would've been beautiful to give him a peaceful life with the one person that understood him the whole time. But instead Inori died in front of his eyes and then he even lost eyesight. It's depressing as hell. What should one learn from this anime? From Shu? That life will fuck you either way?
It's not understandable for me. It's too sad and simply unfair. Shu doesn't deserve that treatment, period.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 22, 2012 4:43 PM

Jan 2012
This anime was great overall; though i thought that the ending was pretty lackluster.
Mar 22, 2012 4:44 PM
Mar 2012
Telesis said:
Zhou said:
More like how can anyone like this show.

For the second time. People just have different tastes.
Mar 22, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2011
FUCKING HORRIBLE ENDING 6/10
and that's being generous..can't believe he went blind
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.