Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 22 23 [24]
Apr 3, 2022 8:16 PM
Aug 2017
This show is a fucking joke and the people producing it should be be ashamed of themselves. It's pathetic how bad it is. They overdid things to the point of it being corny and ridiculously forced, pretentiously bad. They willingly made retarded decisions because they thought it would be "cool". The animation is good but they wasted so much good animation on idiotic scenes, to be honest it should be a sin to waste so much resources, time and effort on something so damn bad.

Is this supposed to appeal to pretentious chuunibyou teenagers that have no grasp on logic nor any will to care about the plot at all? Without any grasp whatsoever of reality? Because that's the only way in which you can enjoy this trainwreck piece of shit. Should be illegal to produce such waste and polluting media.

Also, can someone tell me what the fuck is up with that skin tight clad brat dancing around in some kind of a virtual box? I mean, from the first time we saw her supposedly controlling stuff like communication, mechs, hacking etc, I wondered what the fuck was wrong with the brains of the people thinking that whole deal up. I mean, I'd buy it if they were in an vrmmorpg, but they're not, what the fuck can swiping cutesy thing around repeatedly and clicking on the same button a million times do while dancing around? It's nothing but a pathetically bad attempt to appeal to the younger generation with things they think are relatable because they don't know shit and to show off her petite body dancing around and jiggling like some fucking strip tease.

I feel sick having watches this for so many reasons, this takes everything that is bad with the anime industry and subpar fantasy writing. They didn't even bother to stop for a second to think "is this somewhat plausible?", instead all they thought about was "would this be cool to a chuunibyou teenage audience?" and they then crammed in everything they could think of that they think would look cool to younger people without giving a single shit about anything else.

I can only say this is pretentious animation and bad story: the show. The only good things is the music and the animation quality.
Apr 25, 2022 2:55 AM
Jul 2020
Found the ending to be kinda brahh, too convoluted for something that should be emotional that I didn't really feel anything. Though, this show really did go downhill fast after the emotional trainwreck that is ep 15. Very unfortunate.

Animation, music was top notch but I mean storywise, its way too complicated,too many asspulls and etc etc. Gotta give this a 6 honestly. About the characters though, I do have alot of mixed opinions about every single one of them but yea, they're good, can't say great sadly.
May 4, 2022 12:11 PM

Feb 2012
Daath want to preserve the memories of the lowly humans eternally in a crystal. So what started as Code Geass in the hand instead of the eye ended with a third impact but solid instead of liquid lmao.

It's quite poetic that Mana's resonance when she danced disabled the Endlaves but the undoing of the apocalypse virus destroyed everything made of that crystal material.

Arisa, HAH THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU DUMB PARRICIDAL OUJOU-SAMA. Clone-Gai will never accept you.

Shu was ready to become that messianic figure who would absorb everyone's apocalypse virus infection, but Inori, temporarily reborn from that flower, did it instead while in Shu's embrace.

The infection on his face must've made him blind and he still needs an artificial arm.

Hare and Inori both dead...Ayase x Shu is the winning ship then? lol
Fortress_MaximusMay 4, 2022 12:20 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:33 PM

Jul 2021
Why can something so beautifully drawn and animated with such great music fail so miserably? I was praying that the finale would be the saving grace of the whole show. It was decent until Inori died and Shu was still alive. I still don't understand why they didn't kill those two off together. If you're going for bittersweet, that route is much more effective.

I just didn't feel it at the end of this series. I think it's because of the lack of interaction between Shu and Inori. I like her, but half the show was filled with her acting out Gai's order and not knowing her own feelings, the other half was spent hugging Shu behind the scene. Sigh.

There is a part of me that wants a second season so they can redeem themselves because I really love the art design and overall theme. The other part hopes I never have to see this crap again.

3/10 - Code Geass but worse.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 3, 2022 1:25 AM
Mar 2022
What ending was that??
Jan 23, 2023 8:57 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Welp, that was unexpected.
Feb 23, 2023 7:16 PM

May 2019
LOL

Now i have a handful defitinion of what is a "meh" end.

Everything was meaningless, even the evil guy "death" (meh supposed suicide).

Gai-2's (already unnecessary character) fate was meh (with a ridiculous plot twist "i was doing it for you")

Romance was meh.

And the "oh no friends think MC died to save us" just spent 1 min, and then, meh.

I generaly disagree with people calling anime to be overrated, but this one, lol
Mar 6, 2023 12:12 PM
Dec 2022
One of the best creations i have ever witnessed.
Mar 9, 2023 6:37 AM
Oct 2017
Rewatching again and it's such a wonderful series wish they didn't end it as they did and gave it a proper ending at least but I can't do anything about it so it is what it is
Apr 17, 2023 2:42 PM
Apr 2023
it's sad and great
Apr 20, 2023 11:44 PM

Apr 2015
Well, after how Inori made me suffer -boring me to death and back-
I am very glad she died. the rest was ok

so many details and plot holes were left behind but I can't complain after killing that shell of nothing
May 12, 2023 11:34 PM

Jul 2016
Arisa getting shot right after her void barrier dissolved cracked me up in a scene that was meant to be emotional. Otherwise I'm just surprised that Shu actually got to live at all.

A meh experience overall tho they absolutely nailed the music and animation when it counted. Surprisingly not that big of a Code Geass clone compared to what I've heard.
Jun 9, 2023 5:13 PM
Mar 2023
la verdad el final me dejó un poco frío para todo lo que me transmitió la serie en general (en especial el capitulo 9 donde shu mata al hermano de yahiro) además de que pienso que shu simplemente debieron haberlo dejado morir tambien pero bueno,en general todo el apartado artístico de esta (tanto la banda sonora,como el estilo de dibujo y los planos) son de lo mejorcito que he visto
Aug 28, 2023 7:37 PM
Nov 2019
Aug 29, 2023 11:32 AM

Aug 2020
Okay this series was a crazy ride. I enjoyed it for all it was worth of, but boy what a rushed ending. I'm going to let those issues pass, and say that I am glad I binge watched this series in two days. All in all a good anime...

Sep 26, 2023 5:18 AM
May 2023
very very good and sad
Jan 20, 3:42 AM

Jul 2016
It felt like this was suppose to be a 24 episode anime but they ran out of money and had to end it at the 22 episode,overall i liked it because Sawano/Supercell
Feb 1, 7:40 AM
May 2023
Binge'd this in a day, it was GREAT. The Soundtrack, the time it a forces you to spend with the characters, the tears I shed. easy 9/10 from me
Pages (24) « First ... « 22 23 [24]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.