Forum Settings
Forums

NY Times Manga Best Seller List for February 26th - March 3rd

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 10, 2012 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Chronowarp said:
RedLunge said:
ZoroFan said:
VioLink said:

And every time a new One Piece volume outsells everything else by millions I will lose repect for Japan's taste.

This has got to be the most ignorant statement on Japanese manga taste I have ever heard. Do you not realize that manga originated in Japan, and that the Japanese have had just as long to be critical of their own manga? One Piece is the best selling manga series constantly, month by month, year by year for a VERY GOOD REASON. It is no fluke, believe me. The Japanese knows what makes an amazing series. I will always trust the taste of the Japanese when it comes to manga. They know what's up.

I didn't say that!! Wtf?!
[center]
Mar 10, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
I just can't believe Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is a best seller. :/
Mar 10, 2012 7:35 PM

Jan 2010
This list is different than the usual ones. Nice to see SZS, GTO and Mardock Scramble on there. I'm also happy that Sailor Moon is still in the top 10, and Naruto will most likely always be on these lists due to it's huge fanbase.
Mar 10, 2012 7:50 PM
Mar 10, 2012 7:56 PM

Jul 2010
Wish there was more info about Soulless.
Mar 10, 2012 11:48 PM

Jul 2009
Part-time_Ninja said:
I just can't believe Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is a best seller. :/

how many times do i have to mention on each time a thread like this is made that most people buy yugioh manga for the card that is in there

not to mention that yugioh has the guinnes world record for the most cards sold, making it the most popular card game. which the general public doesnt realize how popular the game actually is.
DudewitbowMar 10, 2012 11:53 PM
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Mar 11, 2012 4:31 PM
Feb 2011
Nice to see SZS on there.
­
Mar 11, 2012 5:22 PM

Aug 2007
Samurai_ said:
Wish there was more info about Soulless.

Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.
Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire -- and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Or will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?

Basically a manga about Vampires and Werewolves and the Undead..
Mar 11, 2012 6:57 PM

Jun 2010
That's embarassing that Yugi-ho 5DDs beat out Psyren, even...
Mar 11, 2012 7:22 PM
Oct 2009
Maora said:
Basically a manga about Vampires

So much for the praise about different manga being popular in America. :p

Smile, Sweet, Sister, Sadistic, Surprise, Service, Slider
Mar 12, 2012 1:34 PM

May 2011
Happy for Durarara!! and Bakuman :D
Mar 13, 2012 4:58 PM

Jun 2010
Sadly one of the greatest series ever - One Piece - got stained heavily in America because of its 4kids dub and thus tainted many who gave the series a chance. It's since been redubbed by funimation but the 4 kids really killed it. Animes a lot more accessible than manga over here so kinda watch anime to get into manga first =P.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
30 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.