Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2012 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
InoriYuzuriha said:
Awesome episode.

But I don't want to see Shu dieing in the end T__T

dont worry.
i guess "song" will solve everything at the end.

4/5 7.5/10
Mar 1, 2012 9:42 PM
Dec 2009
Shu is wayy too calm and collected... I kind of wanted him to go mad and angry and kill everyone who betrayed him as soon as he got his replacement void.

Hopefully the ensuing battles will be epic and packed with emotions
Mar 1, 2012 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
argilium said:
Ayase.. still the best character in the series.. it was kind of a given that the episode title and the the plot would proceed to Shu regaining his void and getting all badass moments again.. but Ayase showed determination, willingness to take on the Void Genome (somebody create a fanfiction of her getting it instead), desperately getting it when it fell while sliding down through the escalator (i was really shouting GO! Ayase! in this scene), and taking on the role of the first one Shu would get a Void weapon from (glad she's Class S.. she allowed Shu to be badass flying even without the Inori Sword).. so yeah.. it's quite obvious who i'm watching this show for..
btw, Ayase's being crippled allows for her always being in pin-up poses whenever she's out of the wheelchair.. simply one HAWT character..

Do you think they'll make any doujinshis of her? Anyways, I have to say Shu has took her place in my heart.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 1, 2012 9:52 PM

Jan 2008
Articman said:
Flawfinder said:
lindsayzzz said:
This episode was simply fucking awesome! Finally, Shu's back to his normal self and even more badass. His void makes perfect sense and looks so dope, Tron-style neon light arm fuck yeah. Also, Bios song playing in the background when Shu was kicking ass was perfect. This is what I've been waiting for. :DD

Too bad the next episode is a freaking flashback, which may or may not break the momentum of this episode. Really? They're throwing a flashback episode in now?

Why is it a bad thing that we get a Flashback episode, now?

I, for one, have been waiting for explainations about what happened in the past. More information about the Apocalpse Virus. How Shu's father died and Why? There are somethings that need to be explained, if Guilty Crown is going to have a satisfactory conclusion. Not everything, but enough for us to see where this is heading and why. A flashback episode is a good way to do this.

I just hope they explain how Mana is Haruka's daughter and where the heck did Inori come from.

GodlyKyon said:
Do you think they'll make any doujinshis of her? Anyways, I have to say Shu has took her place in my heart.

I have yet to see any yet... sadly.
Mar 1, 2012 9:55 PM

Feb 2009
HF Shirou >>> Shoe 3.0

And they just killed off the last decent male character around. Fuck.
Mar 1, 2012 10:17 PM

Feb 2012
Articman said:
Flawfinder said:
lindsayzzz said:
This episode was simply fucking awesome! Finally, Shu's back to his normal self and even more badass. His void makes perfect sense and looks so dope, Tron-style neon light arm fuck yeah. Also, Bios song playing in the background when Shu was kicking ass was perfect. This is what I've been waiting for. :DD

Too bad the next episode is a freaking flashback, which may or may not break the momentum of this episode. Really? They're throwing a flashback episode in now?

Why is it a bad thing that we get a Flashback episode, now?

I, for one, have been waiting for explainations about what happened in the past. More information about the Apocalpse Virus. How Shu's father died and Why? There are somethings that need to be explained, if Guilty Crown is going to have a satisfactory conclusion. Not everything, but enough for us to see where this is heading and why. A flashback episode is a good way to do this.

I'm too used to Cowboy Bebop's flashback episodes (in that they just sprinkle the flashbacks sporadically and let the present do most of the talking). They spoiled me.

In all seriousness though, I wish it didn't come this late. Obviously, I don't care about the characters and such, but I fail to see how a flashback to Keido will be interesting in the very least considering his motivation (Destroy the world and create it anew? It almost makes me miss the "money" motivation). Haruka, maybe. Shu's father, maybe. Also flashbacks are kind of hit and miss for me, especially in shows that tend to lean toward mecha like this one. I could have cared less about the flashbacks in Eureka Seven or Sky Girls.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 1, 2012 10:29 PM

Dec 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Kurogashi said:
Gui1ty_Cr0wn said:
LOL I find it hilarious how people go out of their way to pick faults, talk about facts, flame this anime, yet in every single Guilty Crown Discussion the votes for liking this show far weigh out the negative votes.

The majority of the people are stupid. There's a reason why they're called the 99%.

No, the people who hates just are louder than the people who liked the show. This anime is overall horrible but I am LOVING it. It managed to do one thing in the second season: keeping me anticipated almost every episode.

This.
The show is average at best.
Mar 1, 2012 10:30 PM
Feb 2012
Articman said:
lindsayzzz said:
Segai was the best antagonist in the show, his death was done quite well, dying with insanity. XD
Though there are still loads of unanswered questions. Ah well, still enjoyed this episode lots.
5/5. Seriously loving the neon light arm. >=D

Agree about Segai. He was entertaining, interesting and you really didn't know where he stood. His one constant was his interest in Shu and Voids after seeing Shu in action in episode 4. He really did die a Happy Man. Insane, but Happy. He'll be missed.

Yeah, at first, when he disappointedly deleted the pic of Gai at the start of the ep and how he wanted to find Haruka himself I even thought that he would change sides to serve the 'real' king. That may have been another weird-as-hell plot twist. XD
Mar 1, 2012 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Shu extracted all their voids, if you stop and watch, he jumped to yahiro and souta and asked to get their void.

Just because it wasn't screened after that it doesn't meant it hasn't happened.

Really, this is just retarded. It seems some people keep watching and rewatching each episode 6x to try and find some "inconsistencies" just to say:
"HEY LOOK AT MEH< I IZ COOL!!11!!!!"
andreyueMar 1, 2012 10:40 PM
Mar 1, 2012 10:37 PM

Feb 2012
Stuartxtr7 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kurogashi said:
Gui1ty_Cr0wn said:
LOL I find it hilarious how people go out of their way to pick faults, talk about facts, flame this anime, yet in every single Guilty Crown Discussion the votes for liking this show far weigh out the negative votes.

The majority of the people are stupid. There's a reason why they're called the 99%.

No, the people who hates just are louder than the people who liked the show. This anime is overall horrible but I am LOVING it. It managed to do one thing in the second season: keeping me anticipated almost every episode.

This.
The show is average at best.

I have to agree that as much hate as this anime gets, it's pretty much obvious that a lot of people like it. And to its credit, I do try to catch the latest episode whenever it comes out, which is something I do only for Future Diary and Another (for some reason, it's hard for me to watch Natsume, even though I like the anime so much). It's definitely agreed on that it's not spectacular though, and it definitely should not be the norm that all Noitamina mainstream shows should follow (can you imagine shows trying to copy this?).
Mar 1, 2012 10:57 PM

Jun 2011
EPIC SHOE IS EPIC :DDDDDDD

Although giving the genome to Ayase would've been the best decision the writers have ever made, I'm willing to settle for next best one, which is a MANLY shoe getting it :DDDD

4.5/5 BEST SCORE I'VE EVER GIVEN TO THIS ANIME! :D

0.5 deducted for various parts preceding the end part.
Mar 1, 2012 11:00 PM

Jun 2011
udi13 said:
Kerozinn said:
too little too late to save the anime. 2/5

it's not, there is a second season u dick, don't just say things u don't understand

Ummm...no there's not. At least not one that has been confirmed yet. I think you're mistaking it having second season with Guilty Crown being a double seasonal anime.

Don't just say things you don't understand.
Mar 1, 2012 11:04 PM

Nov 2011
andreyue said:
Shu extracted all their voids, if you stop and watch, he jumped to yahiro and souta and asked to get their void.

Just because it wasn't screened after that it doesn't meant it hasn't happened.

Really, this is just retarded. It seems some people keep watching and rewatching each episode 6x to try and find some "inconsistencies" just to say:
"HEY LOOK AT MEH< I IZ COOL!!11!!!!"

Yea he did but what I want to know is are the voids he was using actually their voids? Or is Shu's void able to replicate the voids he touched so that the persons void or "heart" is in no real danger. If not then why do they look different and why could he summon the void without having the person there?

Also I re-watch it several times because my brain can't catch or absorb everything by watching it once
Mar 1, 2012 11:13 PM
Dec 2011
I use to think that Shu is a loser, and a coward. Now I feel like a dumbass. GO SHU!!!!!!!!!
Mar 1, 2012 11:15 PM
Jul 2010
Love all the "hurr 2/5 too late to save bad series hurr durr." Just because it doesn't pan out the way you want it to doesn't make it a bad series.

If you hate it that much then why the hell are you still watching it? If you have nothing better to do than watch a series which you think is a 2/5 or less, then you should end yourself.

Also love the fact that every time I go into a discussion for an ep, it's the same people whining about it being a Fate ripoff.

Best ep so far.
Mar 1, 2012 11:19 PM

Jan 2012
I loved this episode but i have to ask....Anyone ever wanted to see Shu and the girl in the wheel chair hookup? I mean...I love Inori and everything but....I don't think i'd have minded it if she had feelings for Shu either.
Mar 1, 2012 11:23 PM
Dec 2011
the visuals were great

dialgoue/plot still mediocre

2.5/3 /5
Mar 1, 2012 11:24 PM
Aug 2011
His body is made out of voids
His blood is of weakness and his heart of cancer
He survived through countless character shifts
Not even once thinking
Not even once developing
The king lies here alone
Drawing voids in a mountain of corpses
Thus, my power had no meaning
This body is made out of infinite voids
Mar 1, 2012 11:25 PM

Feb 2009
Lemonzest said:
If you hate it that much then why the hell are you still watching it?
I hate it when people bring this up. Every. Single. Time.
Mar 1, 2012 11:28 PM
Dec 2011
Azuku said:

He survived through countless character shifts
Not even once thinking
Not even once developing

great poem but I did some editing. Sums up the series perfectly LOL
Mar 1, 2012 11:28 PM

Jun 2011
belatkuro said:
Lemonzest said:

Amen.
Mar 1, 2012 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
Btw, a little out of topic, but i've always wondered WHY do Ayase uses a wheelchair in a world of people that can build robots that respond to neural -guess- commands?

I mean, what would be 2 mechanical legs for someone able to make an Endlave?
Mar 1, 2012 11:31 PM

Dec 2011
fffffffuuuuuu Gadda wait 8 hours to see this (at work T.T with shit internet connection T.T)

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Mar 1, 2012 11:31 PM
Dec 2011
andreyue said:
Btw, a little out of topic, but i've always wondered WHY do Ayase uses a wheelchair in a world of people that can build robots that respond to neural -guess- commands?

b/c this anime is full of plot holes
Mar 1, 2012 11:36 PM

Jan 2012
belatkuro said:
Lemonzest said:

It's the same as when people use the same reasons to hate the anime. Soooo let's cry some more bitches! That'll make everything better for both sides! Amirite!?
Mar 1, 2012 11:43 PM

Feb 2012
andreyue said:

That's been one of my major complaints with the series. I guess you could argue that Ayase wants to rely on her own strength, but anyone who has seen a wheelchair in this day and age would know that her wheelchair is seriously outdated and/or cheap. She couldn't at least settle on a stable wheelchair that isn't easy to fall off of?
Mar 1, 2012 11:47 PM

Apr 2008
belatkuro said:
Lemonzest said:

Well people are tired of haters flooding these threads. You'd be too if they harped about series you liked so how about shutting up
Mar 1, 2012 11:51 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was great! We finally get to wtiness Shu's void. haha when he pullled out his void i seriously thought it would be something like Kamijou Touma's right hand. Though we finally get to see Shu's real confidence.
Mar 1, 2012 11:55 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, cannot wait for the next one.

P.D : Even if Arisa "helped" Shu, her ass needs to be kicked
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 11:59 PM
Mar 2, 2012 12:02 AM

Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
belatkuro said:
Lemonzest said:

Well people are tired of haters flooding these threads. You'd be too if they harped about series you liked so how about shutting up

amen.
Mar 2, 2012 12:14 AM

Feb 2009
Darklight0303 said:
belatkuro said:
Lemonzest said:

I was referring to the people using these statements.
Some like the show, others don't. Fine, I have nothing on that. But at least try to argue back instead of people resorting to this statement. It reeks of average debating skills. Instead of using stock statements like these, argue back with actual claims and support them.
Dont just presume you can win by saying these lines when in an argument against haters as it only adds fuel to them.
At least put some effort into defending the show and not act all butthurt.

I said what I wanna say. I'm out.
I enjoy just watching people argue so have fun.

inb4 people attacking my taste.
You're just gonna prove my point.
Mar 2, 2012 12:15 AM
Feb 2009
damn ... shet can't wait for next week now
Mar 2, 2012 12:17 AM

Apr 2009
So we finally find out what Shu's void is. Damn good episode and im glad i was wrong about Haruka dying this episode from the preview. Segai wasn't a bad villian and in the end, he died happy. Shu's fate tho in the end doesn't look good for him. Nice speech he gave to his mom.
DreddMar 2, 2012 12:22 AM
Mar 2, 2012 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
belatkuro said:
Lemonzest said:

Theres nothing else to watch on Fridays :p
And accept the fact that haters hate how the fanboys praise it to heaven and fanboys hate how the haters criticize it to hell.
So this is what they came up with:
"Those who gave this episode a score lower than 4 are gay"
"Those who liked this episode are action junkies"
Personal attacks are used when people dont understand each other.
Mar 2, 2012 12:25 AM

May 2011
Ahri said:
Cirris said:
This episode reminds me of Scott Pilgrim climax scene.

Shu has earned the power of Self Respect!! *power up noise*

Segai is such a sadist. This episode was as much about Segai as it was about Shu's revelation. They seem to give him a nice farewell episode by showing him in all his glory. The scene where he tortures and kills the young girl was awkward. It was rather dichotomous of him to be monstrous sadist to everyone, yet he was a completely submissive towards Shu. His death scene was cringe worthy. It sounded sexual almost.

I think Shu "earning the power of self respect" and Segai going out in all his glory is what makes this episode work. It was by far one of the best in the series.

However, while this episode seems to try and justify this anime's messy plot all in one shot, it falls short of it's goal. It's a nice individual piece. But it still doesn't save this entire train wreck of a series.

Ayase seems to be taking the place of Hare as the sweet girl. God, I hope that doesn't mean she's going to die next. Ayase and Tsumugi are untouchable. If either of them die I'm giving the series a 1 final grade out of spite.

Overall, i just hope the remaining characters survive. Though I have a feeling Haruka and Arisa will die towards the end, especially Arisa. She's due to have her own atonement sacrifice to foolishly give Gai one more chance.

BlackKnight27 said:
Did they really have to play the "dying for everyone's sins" card? I knew it was coming, and I really was hoping the directors wouldn't resort to that in order to evoke an emotional response from the viewer.

And I guess the only reason why the Void Genome didn't kill Shu is because he's "The Chosen One." And will we ever find out how the Void Genome was able to regenerate Shu's arm and gave him the power to cure Souta? Probably not.

WOW, you make a great point. It's like they're actually going to rip off the Bible!! or maybe it's the Matrix with the "chosen one" theme. Though everyone says Matrix was a ripoff of the Bible also. Really, nothing about Guilty Crown feels original the story seems like it slapped together a million different ideas from other series and threw them together. Lately most anime seem to have this compulsion for copying ideas. So, can't really pin it just on Noitamina.

I wonder if Shu dies and then gets resurrected?

I can see it now, "The Church of Shu Ouma and the Funeral Parlor."

Cool story bitch, wouldn't read again.

BlackKnight27 said:
Did they really have to play the "dying for everyone's sins" card? I knew it was coming, and I really was hoping the directors wouldn't resort to that in order to evoke an emotional response from the viewer.

And I guess the only reason why the Void Genome didn't kill Shu is because he's "The Chosen One." And will we ever find out how the Void Genome was able to regenerate Shu's arm and gave him the power to cure Souta? Probably not.

QQ moar. My care cup isn't filled quite yet.

You know I get that you're tired of the "OMFG! This Sucks! DROPPED!!" posts.

But you need to chill.

Yes, overall I think this series is a flop. My posts have never been that bad and usually defend my opinions. Also, I've admitted numerous times that it can be amusing and that's why I've stuck with it.

Yes, trolling is annoying. But, so is blind belligerent nuthugging.
Mar 2, 2012 12:44 AM
Mar 2009
brilliant comeback. i take back my crappy rating. let's hope guilty crown will keep this up.

honestly, Shu getting his king's power back was pretty obvious to me once i saw his mother with the genome. the only question was how and what would happen to his powers once it did. that moment we've been waiting for, when Shu draws his own void, appeared ! taking on the cancer seems a reasonable way to repent.

im mad at Inori, though it's not exactly her fault. she got herself stuck on a cross in a bridal veil AGAIN. yay Shu go save her.

4/5
'nuff said.
Mar 2, 2012 12:50 AM

Mar 2011
I think guilty crown dropped starting from the episodes when shu turned evil but after this episode it picked right back up again. Shu was amazing at the end even though he is still half way in emo mode. For some reason I can't like Arisa anymore. Every time I see her I get pissed off because she doesn't even have her own opinions anymore. "Gai this" and "Gai that".... Gai doesn't like you go get a life!
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Mar 2, 2012 12:52 AM

Jun 2010
This is fucking baws. Im speechless again.
Mar 2, 2012 12:55 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome ep! they turn Shu form Pussy to a really cool and badass MC. And at last next ep is a flashback ep. Hope at least they will maintain the quality of the next 3 episode just like this one
Go Shu!
Mar 2, 2012 1:00 AM

Jul 2011
Finally!!!!! It's Shu's void!!!!!!!....how long have I been waiting for that~
well....he was bound to get his powers back...but his 'revealing everything'...that was epic.
keep it up gc...(3 more ep..plz surprise us)
Mar 2, 2012 1:10 AM

Mar 2011
I hope he doesn't end up dying though because of the mood of the story. Inori sacrificing herself to save him is another way I can see this going
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Mar 2, 2012 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
bailey123__ said:
Yodelman said:
hurr durr shuu is a wussy character
hurr durr guilty crown has no character devlopment

NO character development? lol you got to be kidding. Go back and watch the first episode to episode 19 and you will see character development. B****

*SWOOSH* Sarcasm, completely over your head.
[center]
Mar 2, 2012 1:45 AM

Jan 2012
Shuu is glowing like Tron.
Mar 2, 2012 2:37 AM
Feb 2011
Lemonzest said:

Honestly, I don't understand WHY people would waste ~12 hours of their lives watching an unenjoyable show and then spend several more hours, if not days, to harp on the anime. If the show is that bad, then drop it.

It you find some sort of entertainment in the show, despite how bad it is, then be my guest and watch it. Just don't come here raging about how bad it is after.

And on another note, some people just take anime too seriously.
Mar 2, 2012 3:01 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode, although little happened in it.
Bios came at the exactly right time to set you in the mood.
The visual effects around Shu's new arm were perfect. From the images of his arm in the intro I thought it was going to look ugly but his new arm looks awesome.

Mar 2, 2012 3:17 AM

May 2010
rawrx3itslynn said:
Lemonzest said:

Honestly, I don't understand WHY people would waste ~12 hours of their lives watching an unenjoyable show and then spend several more hours, if not days, to harp on the anime. If the show is that bad, then drop it.

It you find some sort of entertainment in the show, despite how bad it is, then be my guest and watch it. Just don't come here raging about how bad it is after.

Best reply in this subforum yet to note. I fully agree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2012 3:43 AM

Oct 2008
rawrx3itslynn said:

Seriously? Thats what critics do. They watch a show and then discuss how good/bad it is compared to their standards. This is a discussion board, having people merely moot how awesome the episode is isn't much of a discussion without having an opposite opinion.

At least this anime has gone back to stage where its become unintentionally funny again rather than facepalm
Mar 2, 2012 3:45 AM

Apr 2008
Lee_Man said:
rawrx3itslynn said:

Seriously? Thats what critics do. They watch a show and then discuss how good/bad it is compared to their standards. This is a discussion board, having people merely moot how awesome the episode is isn't much of a discussion without having an opposite opinion.

At least this anime has gone back to stage where its become unintentionally funny again rather than facepalm

A critic doesn't attack the audience for liking the show. At least none of the good ones anyway. No one on this site is a true critic. ANd if they act and claim to be one that's all the more reason to call bullshit.
Mar 2, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2011
Yzori said:
rawrx3itslynn said:
Lemonzest said:

Best reply in this subforum yet to note. I fully agree.

I second you :)
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.