Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2008 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
Hello everyone, I am just done watching the KARAS OVAs, it felt great watching that anime, not to spoil the serie, i'd like to hear from anyone who watched the whole anime, what did you think of it??? i won't complain on it being short, cause even that, it was awesome, some few things are still beyond my understanding, i guess i'd have to watch it one more time or two, but the original world of the mangaka is awesome to be swallowed in according to me!
Sep 14, 2008 9:43 AM

Feb 2008
It was EPIC! The episodes were put together into a movie on TV, and I happened to come across it. I have to admit it was a bit confusing in the beginning, but overall a masterpiece.
Sep 14, 2008 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
Right, but am still clueless about the end even if i did watch it 2 times

Spoiler!!! Do you have any clue on who was the one shown at the end near the leg???

and why only the leg part did fall? >_<
Jul 8, 2009 6:41 AM

May 2008
I only started watching Karas because it has 6 episodes and I didn't feel like starting a long series. Therefore I didn't have high expectations, but it turned out to be really good.
Kyomu9Dec 27, 2009 6:37 AM
Jul 27, 2009 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
i actually liked it alot. It reminded me of batman most notably the dark knight. I know that sounds ridiculously stupid but i honestly felt that way. A hero emerging from the depths of darkness to save the city whilst to protect it. Not to mention that powerful background music that kicks in crucial moments of a scene. Also it gets a little complicated and confusing the first 2 episodes cause you don't no whats going on, but later everything pretty much gets tide together to make sense.
Aug 5, 2009 3:07 PM
Jun 2009
Plot: Trainwreck.

Animation: God-tier.
Aug 26, 2009 3:49 PM

Jun 2009
I really had high hopes for the series and bought the first DVD. My buddy lent me the second and I dropped it because it felt chopped together as if a lot was missing. The art was amazing though and in the respect I have nothing but good things to say about it. I guess I could give it another try (this was its second and the 3rd time is the charm as they say).
Dec 17, 2009 1:27 AM

Jul 2009
Plot was kind of....ridiculous.
Dec 26, 2009 11:38 PM

May 2009
I'll agree the plot started to lose me half way through the first episode. So I paused it, jumped out and read the synopsis from its page on this site then i was good to go.

Should you have to do that for an anime? No. But for this one I'm willing to make an exception not just for animation but for not trying to maintain that complexity throughout the show. It's short so the plot needs to be simple (unfortunately). Although the back-story on the main character was a nice touch (I thought).
"If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.", John A. Simone, Sr.
Jul 31, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
makezh22 said:
i actually liked it alot. It reminded me of batman most notably the dark knight.
Jul 31, 2010 2:16 PM

Mar 2009
Cogsworth said:

Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Nov 24, 2011 4:34 AM

Aug 2009
kodial said:
Cogsworth said:

Aug 30, 2014 2:29 PM
Aug 2014
1. Kick-ass eye candy. Best in its class!

Even though Disney's Tron Legacy employed plenty of Japanese (and Chinese) CGI artists and choreographers, they had a dogfight scene towards the end of Tron Legacy that is pretty much similar to the opening of Karas first episode. TL's dogfight simply cannot compare to those in Karas in visual effects.

The same can be said of Star Wars Episode III's opening where Annakin and Obi Wan were trying to navigate their fighters thru a war zone. Karas in vehicle mode shooting out torpedo missiles beats Episode III's SFX as well.

2. Artistic direction is on par with Speed Racer by the Wachowskis brothers -- very confusing!

This isn't an anime where you get what the director is trying to portray the first time around. It requires multiple re-watches to fully appreciate. Maybe they're doing it to save on the cost per frame, but it lends itself to a very confusing experience on the first sitting. What I especially don't get is how two Karas doing flying kicks towards each other suddenly turns into Eko kicking the shit out of the original Karas...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karas Episode 6 Discussion

Amagai - May 10, 2010

24 by Biisoo »»
Feb 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Karas Episode 3 Discussion

aero - Jun 16, 2008

18 by Biisoo »»
Feb 29, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Karas Episode 1 Discussion

aero - Jun 9, 2008

33 by Biisoo »»
Feb 28, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Karas Episode 5 Discussion

legos - Nov 3, 2007

17 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 21, 2022 2:44 PM

Poll: » Karas Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Jun 27, 2008

15 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 21, 2022 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.