Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Nov 8, 2012 12:23 PM

May 2012
Kanic said:
Also, anime is business. It has nothing to do with quality as you percieve it.

....... Bleach on the other hand is incredibly popular.

.......Sooner or later it will make a comeback simply cuz it's a lot of money.

....... All it takes is proper marketing, some adverts, some trailers and posts in the magasine, and bingo, you have yourself an interested audience.

We are talking basically anime ....

Again its not as popular as you believe it to be, the manga is still popular but the anime again was atrocious with ratings o 1% +/-, take into account that it aired in prime time!, hence it was cancelled, this is the objective true, if it was so incredibly popular and made a lot of money, why it was cancelled? It because the anime simply didn't.

Bleach anime biggest popularity has always been outside Japan not in Japan, unfortunately as you have seen it basically does not matter much if an anime is so popular in foreign lands if in Japan its not...Bleach for example it has never made it to the top 10 in Japan...If I am mentioning ratings is because this kind of anime focuses on them to exist, they have to be good enough to justify its existence.

If you love it that much you can only hope people want it to return in the near future then, which I put in doubt because just look at this thread! If the most people were overjoyed that it was cancelled....
Nov 8, 2012 2:07 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
9988 said:
Kanic said:
Bleach for example it has never made it to the top 10 in Japan...

I dont know much about ratings, but as I know an anime doesnt need to be in top 10 to be aired. There are 40 animes airing every season, so shouldn't the anime be considered good if its in top 20-30?

9988 said:
Kanic said:
if it was so incredibly popular and made a lot of money, why it was cancelled? It because the anime simply didn't.

Indeed it wasn't very popular lately, but fillers had a big effect in that. Bleach had the worst and most fillers, it must have dropped their ratings a lot (about 150 of 370 episodes were fillers, WTF?). And that's the reason it was canceled imo, anime caught up to manga again and they didn't want to air fillers AGAIN.
If they wait for the manga to end and then air it without fillers, Bleach should be as popular as when it was first aired imo.
Nov 8, 2012 2:21 PM

Feb 2010
Youjinbou said:
9988 said:
Kanic said:

I dont know much about ratings, but as I know an anime doesnt need to be in top 10 to be aired. There are 40 animes airing every season, so shouldn't the anime be considered good if its in top 20-30?

9988 said:
Kanic said:
if it was so incredibly popular and made a lot of money, why it was cancelled? It because the anime simply didn't.

Indeed it wasn't very popular lately, but fillers had a big effect in that. Bleach had the worst and most fillers, it must have dropped their ratings a lot (about 150 of 370 episodes were fillers, WTF?). And that's the reason it was canceled imo, anime caught up to manga again and they didn't want to air fillers AGAIN.
If they wait for the manga to end and then air it without fillers, Bleach should be as popular as when it was first aired imo.

@ratings: They don't really matter for late night anime (which is the majority of 13-26 episode anime airing each season).
They only really matter for stuff airing in prime time slots or other well received slots, so the number is probably lower. It has to compete with stuff like One Piece, Doraemon, Sazae-chan and other long-running family/kids/shounen shows, and not with the series that start and end airing each season. Not all are long-running of course, but you get the idea. And I just trust 9988 not to lie if he says amongst those it never ranked high, especially lately.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 8, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2012
Well, I mentioned the top 10 to put its "incredible popularity" into perspective only.

One Piece 9-10%, Naruto 3-4% Toriko 6-8%, Sazae 10-17%, Doraemon/Detective Conan 9-10% and then see Bleach 1 - 1.4% and you will see why it was cancelled.

It also serves to put the foreign popularity vs local popularity into perspective because again its basically western fans that believe Bleach and Naruto are super popular, they are not THAT MUCH in Japan, not to the high levels western lands believe at least.

Ratings do matter for series that depend on them, Bleach was one of them, this is almost certainly the reason why it was cancelled, its ratings were simply atrocious for a prime time series, it could no longer afford to exist, indeed because its a popular shounen and there was the manga and merchandise it was able to prolong its cancellation despite the horrible ratings for a while.

If it had decent ratings you can bet all you want that it was not gonna be cancelled and would run in fillers indefinitely instead, just like Naruto has all these years whenever necessary, no matter how bad the fillers if rating is still good this kind of series would continue.

For other series ratings dont matter indeed, this is the case for late night anime that depend on disc sales.

I loved Bleach at first too, but like many dropped the anime and manga after a while because it declined quite a lot, so its not like I do not uderstand if you really loved it and want to to return or want to belive it simply stopped to not do fillers and return onece theres more manga.

Theres the manga at least, each vol still sells past the half million so no worries there, still if Kubo wanted his manga to end with some pride left he would have ended with the defeat of Aizen, but probably feels he is unlikely to make another big hit soon or at all so he wants to prolong it until even manga fans are totally fed up with it or faces cancellation too.

Honestly bleach now is as if DBZ had continued with new super villain and then so on and Goku reach SS4 (well he did in GT) SS5 SS6 SS7 and so on too...

Few mangaka have the balls to end a popular manga while its till in great shape instead of dragging unnecessarily.
9988Nov 8, 2012 3:23 PM
Nov 8, 2012 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
i hope that Bleach anime will have a complete remake once the manga ends just like Hunter x Hunter 2011 remake is doing and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood remake as done
Nov 8, 2012 4:44 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Youjinbou said:
9988 said:
Kanic said:

9988 said:
Kanic said:

@ratings: They don't really matter for late night anime (which is the majority of 13-26 episode anime airing each season).
They only really matter for stuff airing in prime time slots or other well received slots, so the number is probably lower. It has to compete with stuff like One Piece, Doraemon, Sazae-chan and other long-running family/kids/shounen shows, and not with the series that start and end airing each season. Not all are long-running of course, but you get the idea. And I just trust 9988 not to lie if he says amongst those it never ranked high, especially lately.

I see. Like I said I dont know much about ratings and night time-prime time slots. If its like that youre right, Bleach indeed has no chance of competing against shows like One Piece etc.

9988 said:
One Piece 9-10%, Naruto 3-4% Toriko 6-8%, Sazae 10-17%, Doraemon/Detective Conan 9-10% and then see Bleach 1 - 1.4% and you will see why it was cancelled.

-

I loved Bleach at first too, but like many dropped the anime and manga after a while because it declined quite a lot, so its not like I do not uderstand if you really loved it and want to to return or want to belive it simply stopped to not do fillers and return onece theres more manga.

Those are some low ratings. :P
It isn't like "I loved it and I cant accept that it ended." I gave it a 8/10, nice action scenes but not that great. I dont read manga so I dont know but I heard the last arc in Bleach was "really good, could be best arc, etc." thats why I assumed it would continue.

Time to say goodbye to Bleach then... If it doesnt continue after 1-1.5 years I'll read manga.^^
Nov 12, 2012 11:38 AM

Mar 2011
I never said I loved it..I was trying as much as possible to talk about the market.

I got no reason to doubt your ratings. But if I'm not mistaken those ratings are more recent than old. By that I mean that a lot of people dropped it , as you said, cuz it got crappy over time.

My post not so clear about where I was refering to the anime and where to the manga. I was indeed refering to the manga when I mentioned popularity. Bleach's manga has dropped as well if I'm not mistaken, but it still sells a great deal (mostly out of japan though). But all things considered they can easily bring it back with my last sentence still standing:
"The only thing is that they have to take it easy with the fillers and be serious about the quality otherwise it will get abandoned again."

Of course most of this assumption depends on the manga's success. If that won't do good in terms of sales then there is no reason for them to consider bringing it back.

I was merely emphasising on your post about the quality of the anime that , according to what you said, disheartened people so much that they won't watch it anymore even if a studio were to bring it back. That can easily change
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 16, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2007
oh thank god! if they could take bleach, naruto, and one peice off the air maybe we can get some new better shows... like a ridiculous amount of new Hajime no Ippo episodes lol

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
Nov 16, 2012 11:57 PM

Jun 2012
This happened like 7 months ago... One piece will be off the air in 10 or so years... Naruto's got maybe 2 years left.
Nov 17, 2012 12:30 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
KuroLion said:
oh thank god! if they could take bleach, naruto, and one peice off the air maybe we can get some new better shows... like a ridiculous amount of new Hajime no Ippo episodes lol

One Piece will keep airing forever, forget it. ;)
Nov 20, 2012 11:58 PM

Jul 2011
thats was for the best, i guess
Nov 21, 2012 11:42 PM

Feb 2012
it's about time!
Nov 22, 2012 6:38 AM

Nov 2012
well it has been going on for a wile.... but as long as the manga isstill there ...

Nov 23, 2012 7:00 AM

Nov 2012
Wow this is GREAT!!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
40 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

5 by Maumuu »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
6 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.