Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 18, 2012 2:40 AM
Dec 2010
God I love this anime, they don't waste any time at all doing retarded or useless episodes. The mood-change in this episode was so abrupt and intense, the otherworld scenes hit me really hard.

Shit the entire episode is metaphorical madness. Now I'm not sure who represents who, or even, who represents what. What if BRS doesn't necessarily represent Mato, but rather a certain emotion or drive that anyone could have? What if anyone in the real world could represent anyone in the otherworld? Considering that BGS's children represent the students who come to Saya for help, BRS killing BGS's children is completely unexplainable if you simply consider BRS as Mato's inner-self. Mato didn't hurt anyone in this episode, except maybe Yomi(and that relationship didn't even show up in the otherworld).
Feb 18, 2012 4:56 AM

Oct 2011
it was pretty confusing at some points...but not bad, expecting episode 4 with some explanations
Feb 18, 2012 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
ClaudiusClotaire said:
Why is this show so freaking overrated?! Jeez.

Asks one who rated all Dragon Ball, Naruto and One Piece stuff at least 8/10 up to the perfect 10/10 and even Pokemon at 8...

Damn mindfucking episode, I have to say. More questions coming up than have been answered this time. Just sad that Yomi & Mato didn't get to spend more happy time before Yuu emerged...
Feb 18, 2012 5:06 AM

Jan 2009
pilipino101 said:
So, who's Saya in the other world, and WHY THE F*** did BRS kill that puppet? I was like O_O;;;;;;

Have you been reading the posts in here? XD Saya is Black Gold Saw.

http://myanimelist.net/character/53163/Saya_Irino
Feb 18, 2012 6:37 AM

Apr 2011
OS_Christina706 said:
Cloudenvy said:
Monad said:

Cloudenvy said:
BRSxIgnition said:
A lot of people who are hating this due to the drama are forgetting that these are first-year middle-schoolers.

That does not make it any less awful to watch.

I don't get it what exactly in this episode was awful about the drama?

Nothing especially horrid about this one compared to the two previous episodes, I was just talking in general.

I know everyone has their own tastes of anime and I cant change your views and I don't have any right to do so; but I was a little offended because BRS is one of my favourite series.

Don't get offended, if you love it then it really shouldn't matter whether I think it's trash or not.

EDIT: I want to love it though, I really do.
CloudenvyFeb 18, 2012 6:50 AM
Feb 18, 2012 6:54 AM

Jan 2012
okay it's getting more insteresting...

so the conselour, Saya-chan, somehow become a bad person.

mean while in the other world BRS killed Kohachi-senpai instead of saving her? wtf is that

the true identity of the red saw-blade fighter is unknown yet. is it possible that she is Saya-chan?

i thought in this episode Yomi will start fighting with Yuu because she is jealous LOL
Feb 18, 2012 8:10 AM

Feb 2012
i genuinely thought that Saya was one of the good characters, but i guess not

and i know they look nothing alike, but am i the only one that thinks that Saya's alternate-world counterpart is Black★Gold Saw?

to me, it's obvious, in a way. when Black★Gold Saw grew those minions if you will, she offered an outstretched hand, but obviously her intentions weren't good. kind of like how Saya gives "advice" to troubled students and ends up hurting them even more. (i.e: Koha in this episode)

i can't wait until the next episode!

(also: i missed Kagari in this episode, she's so cute!)
Feb 18, 2012 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Emotions feel so forced. The other world is interesting, but meh.

2/5
Feb 18, 2012 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
Oh look, they made it seem like this wasn't going the exact direction we all knew it was from the beginning and dicked around for two whole episodes before finally getting somewhere.
Feb 18, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2011
Solkiskey said:
Emotions feel so forced. The other world is interesting, but meh.

2/5

I have no other way to agree...good sir!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 18, 2012 12:01 PM

Dec 2011
Well, i'm starting to think that Mato's best friend is Strength, since in the OP DM is shown pointing her weapon to her, which could be explained by Yomi feelings of jealously towards her.
Feb 18, 2012 12:22 PM

Mar 2009
Atikal said:
the more i watch of BRS, the more i want to play the orignal game. Wish it was on the english market. ;.;

NISA is releasing it in America.

Another good episode, Saya/BGS is crazy!

I thought the BRS world was just a metaphor, but it's looking more and more like the worlds are connected.

Urahara Out!!
Feb 18, 2012 3:21 PM

May 2011
That counselor is so sketchy... >.>
Feb 18, 2012 4:27 PM

Jun 2009
Scary counselor lady !! >.<
Feb 18, 2012 6:03 PM
Aug 2011
I really like this episode. It took it beyond what the original OVA did and actually started to give me depth to the series. I think it will be pretty interesting if they explain the other world. Since it is hinting more and more each episode that there is more to that than meets the eye.
Feb 18, 2012 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
oh well this anime is complicated, but, you know, real life is as well; just saying
Feb 18, 2012 7:51 PM

Apr 2008
Oh, God, now the counselor has problems, too?!?

Between the manipulative, mentally-abusive Kagari, some of the imagery in the Other World, and Saya, this is shaping up to be one of the most disturbing anime I've ever seen. That might sound wimpy to some of you, but I'm starting to find this show legitimately unnerving. And yet I'm going to continue watching it anyway because the story is getting very interesting. The connections between the real world and BRS' world are becoming stronger with each confrontation. I hope this culminates into something big, otherwise I'll be underwhelmed by the series as a whole.
Feb 18, 2012 7:53 PM

Jun 2009
And the award for crazy-counselor-who-should-never-come-into-contact-with-anyone-ever-again-especially-children goes to *drumrolll* SAYA-SAN!!!!

Oh yeah, the kids who teased Kotoha are awful too, seriously...who does that. It's like your life is so boring, you're just waiting for someone to do something you can make fun of smh.
Feb 18, 2012 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
Lucena said:
Oh, God, now the counselor has problems, too?!?

Between the manipulative, mentally-abusive Kagari, some of the imagery in the Other World, and Saya, this is shaping up to be one of the most disturbing anime I've ever seen. That might sound wimpy to some of you, but I'm starting to find this show legitimately unnerving. And yet I'm going to continue watching it anyway because the story is getting very interesting. The connections between the real world and BRS' world are becoming stronger with each confrontation. I hope this culminates into something big, otherwise I'll be underwhelmed by the series as a whole.

"Another" and "Mirai Nikki" are plenty disturbing too if ur interested.
Feb 19, 2012 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
Koha ad a really lovely attitude - good on her; not letting a spineless individual and his horrid friends humilliate her.
I hope nothing changes for her.

The girl with the glasses (who's name has left my head) is getting more and more dodgy, I'm looking forward to learning more about her.

Feb 19, 2012 8:37 AM

Jun 2009
Okay, now i have no clue what's happening here anymore. Guess one good thing is Noto Mamiko being Black Gold Saw.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 19, 2012 10:23 AM

Dec 2009
I love the opening and the ending :3

This episode was fucking ridiculous. The crying from Yuu and Mato after Koha had been humiliated was stupid as fuck :| Like seriously... WTF?

The last scene was awesome though.

I miss last weeks awesomeness.

2/5.
Feb 19, 2012 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
Sir_Lexa said:

This episode was fucking ridiculous. The crying from Yuu and Mato after Koha had been humiliated was stupid as fuck :| Like seriously... WTF?

2/5.

People like you are ridiculous.. They're in their first year of middle school.. They're only 12.

Understand the characters, setting, and IP before you trash the anime.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 19, 2012 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
BRSxIgnition said:
Sir_Lexa said:

2/5.

People like you are ridiculous.. They're in their first year of middle school.. They're only 12.

Dear Mr. Fanboy

I didn't trash this anime. I trashed this episode.
As I already said, last week was awesome, so I don't hate this anime.

So in consensus:

My opinion: The crying scene was unrealistic and laughably awkward.

Your opinion: BRS is the best thing ever, so everyone who dislikes ANY scene in this show is a retard.
Sir_LexaFeb 19, 2012 11:54 AM
Feb 19, 2012 12:23 PM

Mar 2011
I guess it was an ok episode, it was worse than the last two IMO.

Oh well atleast the relations between the real world and the other world are starting to be obvious.
Feb 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
I truly commend Koha for putting up with the gang of retards with a smile, that's pretty rare in her age imo. I also was a bit surprised when Koha was having headaches before fainting in the end, but then I realized that it's probably the drugs kicking in from Saya's coffee. Once when Koha was talking with Saya, and then it weakened her when she woke up(example would be when she tripped, but I'm not sure), and again headaches before fainting again. But that's just me.
Feb 19, 2012 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Infinitely better than the previous 2 episodes.
Actually really enjoyed it for the most part.
Feb 19, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Sir_Lexa said:

2/5.

Dear Mr. Fanboy

I didn't trash this anime. I trashed this episode.
As I already said, last week was awesome, so I don't hate this anime.

So in consensus:

My opinion: The crying scene was unrealistic and laughably awkward.

Your opinion: BRS is the best thing ever, so everyone who dislikes ANY scene in this show is a retard.

No, I never said that. I even stated on the first episode that I ated the new style, and overall, I think there's plenty of things that could have been done better. I'm anything BUT a fanboy.

I just want others to realize small things that they may not have realized at first when they were watching.

I do have to agree, the last episode was better than this one, dat action, hahah
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 19, 2012 6:17 PM
Dec 2011
LadyOrihime said:
^ Nope, she did drink her tea. I don't know if she drank enough to pass out, though...

I'm guessing it's because she wouldn't go with her; kinda "if you're not with me, you're against me", making her an enemy she had to destroy.

I read this theory in the comments of the episode in another page...
remember when BRS killed the wheelchair girl? after that, in the real world, that girl got better according to yomi, and now she seems to live in peace.
MAYBE killing someone in the other world can save them in the real world.
not really convinced about this but it coooould be.
Feb 19, 2012 6:23 PM
Dec 2011
This episode, right here, is my boost for the rest of the anime!
its great. really interesting. Im 99% sure Black Gold Saw is the teacher, and, btw, if she is all nervous and everything.. she seems to know about the other world. GREAT.
actually it suddenly got so much better, plus the ending.. omg, i cant wait for the next episode :3
also im pretty excited b/c mato said shes been dreaming about the other world,
so definitely all of them are connected to it. i dont know how but it sure has to do with feelings.
Feb 19, 2012 6:40 PM
Dec 2011
Atikal said:
isn'tthe "other world" just a whole metaphor visual for what's going on in their lives and such? at least, that's how i see it.

question about the counsler:

the more i watch of BRS, the more i want to play the orignal game. Wish it was on the english market. ;.;

she must be! would be stupid if she wasnt.
prove:
-shes acting veeeeery suspicious in this episode, right where BGS makes appearances all the way.
-BGS has lots of ''troubled'' people around her. sounds familiar to you?
-the girl that was harassed (dont remember her name sorry) asked her for help and in the other world, a similar situation happened with one of BGS' little people.
-BGS is older than BRS and DM (mato made this observation when she was talking about her dream) and well, teachers' older than them in the real world obviously.

hope it helps..

edit: to me, it seems like both worlds are somehow connected. Mato dreamed about it and the teacher seems to know about what happens in there.
AnnesteciaFeb 19, 2012 6:50 PM
Feb 19, 2012 10:33 PM
Apr 2011
episode was sooo good~
Feb 19, 2012 10:55 PM

Jan 2009
Annestecia said:
LadyOrihime said:
^ Nope, she did drink her tea. I don't know if she drank enough to pass out, though...

I'm guessing it's because she wouldn't go with her; kinda "if you're not with me, you're against me", making her an enemy she had to destroy.

I read this theory in the comments of the episode in another page...
remember when BRS killed the wheelchair girl? after that, in the real world, that girl got better according to yomi, and now she seems to live in peace.
MAYBE killing someone in the other world can save them in the real world.
not really convinced about this but it coooould be.

I've some of those theories too, but, you have to wonder: if that was the case, why did BRS hold out her hand? Was it because BRS wanted to let the girl decided whether she'd allow herself to be "killed", or would BRS be forced to kill her whether she wanted to "die" or not? Is BRS judge, jury, and executioner?

I have to admit, I would have gone with BGS...she at least sincerely looked like she cared...BRS just looked hella pissed, and lost her patience XD

And why didn't BRS try to lop off DM's head? In episode 2, they were standing together against Chariot; this goes back to the "if you're not with me, you're against me".

^ I can't wait until episode 4's face-off between these two.

Kagari looks a little crazed in episode 4's preview, so I'm on the fence about whether she's fine or not XD
LadyOrihimeFeb 19, 2012 11:05 PM
Feb 20, 2012 1:15 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode the most so far, I hope the rest of them will be at least as good as this one. 4/5.
Feb 20, 2012 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
Finally it got better. But glasses don't suit Yomi
Feb 20, 2012 6:28 AM

Nov 2010
So the Counselor is probably the red girl.
Mind games and friendships are strong here.
Feb 20, 2012 10:13 AM

Dec 2009
Saya is crazy, yeah. Was it just me or was she talking to no one in her happy fun room, then goes over and opens a book with Yomi and Mato's pix marked with red circles... hmmmmmmmmm. ALSO a lot of shit in the dream world seems to be showing in the real. (Mato dreaming there is a heart carved on Yomi's chest)

And don't forget, when BRS cut off Chariot's head, Kagari got better in the real. Maybe the same for Yuu? Although.. she did collapse, and Mato could just "feel" something was wrong, running back to where she left her. More hmmmm.... more then just a "dream" me thinks.
Feb 20, 2012 4:51 PM

Oct 2011
Welp, it certainly seems like the Otherworld is more than just symbolic.

And I am totally okay with BGS being the final boss. Even though I never would've thought she'd be a villain, judging by her original design. Which I actually prefer over the OVA and anime ones, but I digress.

I actually enjoyed this episode more than the other two, even though it significantly lacked action.
-- Well, besides all of the crying that I thought was really out of place.
Perhaps it's because I couldn't get into all of that Kagari doramaaaa. /shrug.
And I'd like to see how they handle jealous!Yomi now.

(BGS is farming Otherselves.
Literally!
hahaha I'm so funny.)
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Feb 20, 2012 9:29 PM

Jan 2011
Meepy said:

(BGS is farming Otherselves.
Literally!
hahaha I'm so funny.)

I don't know why, but i can't stop laughing when i read this ;)

Also, i like the anime, and i liked this episode.

It was awkward, but it was on purpose, and not out of place.

Kohata laughing instead of crying, Yuu and Mato crying together like soul mates in Kohatas place, with Yomi watching and probably thinking "it should be me, not Yuu", and then Saya crying for most likely all the wrong reasons...

Awkward, but it made sense.
Feb 21, 2012 8:09 AM

Dec 2009
NwAurion said:

Kohata laughing instead of crying, Yuu and Mato crying together like soul mates in Kohatas place.

Those two seem to take Saya's ridiculous philosophy from episode 1 seriously.
Feb 21, 2012 9:50 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was best so far. I found the behaviour more realistic and tbh I CAN see little girls crying for their friend. I mean, seriously, they're little girls!! Although I still dislike the dream/metaphor world idea, I think it was well done this episode. I didn't have to focus on how dumb the "drama" is and instead I focused on what it could mean. Fortunatelly, it's getting more mysterious than in the first 2 episodes (Kagari offers bad cookies to Mato, Chariot throws the same cookies at BRS... way too similar for a metaphor) so I had to think for a few seconds to come up with about gazillion explanations for what was going on in the other world. I think it's even safe to say that this is overall a slightly below average episode but interesting. (Which is a good thing for this anime.) ^_^ Yeah, I am lowering my expectations GREATLY just because this has BRS in it. Hopefully the rest will be at least this good if not better.

[pointless raging]
But I'm still slightly upset at Yomi for being jealous. I get all the reasons that were said here and agree with them but still... Mato waited for HER several hours just sitting on stairs!! Not to mention that she tried her best to be friends with her. How much MORE does she want her to do? To talk about her (Yomi) all the time in front of her? That's a little stupid. Of course she talks about her other friend. And friendship takes a while to get stronger. Don't tell me she's 12. When I was 12 I was happy that I had the friends I had and I'm 100% certain, that they wouldn't wait even 1 hour for me. Certainly not several hours. My problem with it is that she makes Mato worry about her for no real reason. When was she when Mato was waiting for her? With her insane, sadistic and abusive friend.
Yomi is way too selfish IMO. Not to mention that Mato is alone with her other friend only when Yomi can't be there (the camp, basketball matches, etc.) otherwise she's always with Yomi. What more does she want from her? Mato did a lot for Yomi but Yomi seems to want more and more from her. I'm done, I just wanted to get it out.
[/pointless raging]

Overall, this was an interesting episode but I still can't get over the fact that both Yomi and Mato act more as if they were in love than friends. XD In that case everything they both do is very well understandable.
SuiNoByakkoFeb 21, 2012 10:26 AM
Feb 21, 2012 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
Better than the past two. I hope for less melodrama, anyway.
Feb 21, 2012 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
AW SHIT IT'S GETTING AWESOME
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 22, 2012 8:01 AM

Oct 2007
There's something that's not easy for me to comprehend on episode 3.
Why did Black Rock Shooter start attacking the defenceless looking people?
Feb 22, 2012 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
Liddo-kun said:
There's something that's not easy for me to comprehend on episode 3.
Why did Black Rock Shooter start attacking the defenceless looking people?

One theory suggests that Black Gold Saw is Saya, and that those freshly grown Other halves are the children Saya manipulated to become depressed, which seems to be some kind of sick pleasure for Saya. BRS seems to take note of this and starts killing them, which is apparently an attempt of forcing them free of the depression Saya caused.
Feb 23, 2012 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
Okay Saya was infinitely creepy. I don't really get her intentions but what the heck. More BGS please.
Feb 23, 2012 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
Not sure if I hate or like it yet
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 25, 2012 10:32 AM

Jan 2012
What the heck happened in this episode???
Why did Black Rock Shooter killed those cloaked children?
And that last one was probably Kohata.

I still like BRS as the main character even after this episode. And i'm starting to like Black Gold Saw too.

Feb 26, 2012 1:52 AM

Jun 2009
Alright... BRS just went batshit on the defenseless... Reach out her hand pretending to be a good person, then cut off her head when she ran out of patients...

Nah j/k.

BRS is probably helping them by killing them.

Question is... Why is Kuroi Mato's otherselve(BRS) possess the power to free others? Hmmm...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2012 4:00 AM

Jun 2009
Sad episode, got me in tears for a second there. It seems that the sensei is also connected to the other world. It's strange, but you can see it when the center of the eyes becomes robotic/just like Mato's. Example's:1, 2, 3, 4.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.