Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2011 11:40 AM

Apr 2011
This definitely one of the best episodes of GC. I wonder who that mysterious guy was at the end who took Inori, hope Shu kicks his ass.
Dec 23, 2011 12:27 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:
KayChan4U said:
This is why I'm always nervous as fuck to watch GC cause of Gai..I always kept thinking every damn episode "Is he gonna die..I have a bad feeling he's gonna die..I hope he doesn't die..fuck is he gonna die.."

FML. Why. I friggen love Gai..why.

I don't get it, WHY do people like Gai or Inori? All they have is their looks basically.

*looks at profile*

is Gai's fanbase made up of Fujoshis or something ? >.>
i can see why people would at the very least like inori, you really cant use the she has no emotions excuse anymore but gai i dont see how, he snot a unlikable character(60% of the time) but theres nothing likable about him, and i mean he looks like hes dead now so im hoping it will pull a gurren laggan and shu will be like simon and take over funeral parlor and end up ebign a respected and powerful perosn that left all his wimpyness behind him, hell looks like he already did leave the wimpy part out

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 23, 2011 12:44 PM
Nov 2011
Wow, I don't know if its the genre, or not, but a lot of this episode was predictable. Shu's still debating whether to do things Gai's way or his way. Blah. Okay, maybe he needed one more moment. Hare's Void is like a bandage/nano restoration or some such. Cool!

Inori's singing heals, just one problem, that gate way that the new baddie came through. What a shame we have to wait to see more, but, I suspect the next season will revolve around getting inori back. Anyone else think Shu might have to make some kind of faustian deal to save inori?

Gai isn't dead yet, but he was wounded, and the result of the resonance has him really spent right now. I expect he survives this battle, but may never be back in the field again. I liked this episode, but I think I've just realized why people are so upset. To get the kind of character development most people want, the show would either have to be hour long episodes, or have twice as many seasons. Its not going to, so that means we are missing things we might like to see, because like it or not the action isn't in the characters as much as it might seem on the surface.

Hooray for Dan saving Haruka, and then Segai does what I thought he'd do eventually, Kill Dan. I can see Haruka/Shu/Gai/Ayse becoming the core of the next season. I'm betting we don't see as much of inori, and that to defeat the enemy Shu will have to do something beyond just bust in and show boat.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 23, 2011 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
So many questions left behind in this episode...
Dec 23, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:
KayChan4U said:
This is why I'm always nervous as fuck to watch GC cause of Gai..I always kept thinking every damn episode "Is he gonna die..I have a bad feeling he's gonna die..I hope he doesn't die..fuck is he gonna die.."

FML. Why. I friggen love Gai..why.

I don't get it, WHY do people like Gai or Inori? All they have is their looks basically.

*looks at profile*

is Gai's fanbase made up of Fujoshis or something ? >.>
i can see why people would at the very least like inori, you really cant use the she has no emotions excuse anymore but gai i dont see how, he snot a unlikable character(60% of the time) but theres nothing likable about him, and i mean he looks like hes dead now so im hoping it will pull a gurren laggan and shu will be like simon and take over funeral parlor and end up ebign a respected and powerful perosn that left all his wimpyness behind him, hell looks like he already did leave the wimpy part out

He's a huge douchebag definitely. What got me sort of mad was that everyone in the show is blaming Shu despite draggin him into that shithole.

w/e, I agree with the new guy, if I was Shu I would use his ability more productively. Also experiment with abilities on my own.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 23, 2011 4:02 PM

Feb 2010
Dang, things are getting extremely good.

iamalexlemayne.tumblr.com;Please follow (:
Dec 23, 2011 4:05 PM

Oct 2011
This was actually the first great episode so far, i loved it.
Dec 23, 2011 4:37 PM

Jun 2009
Yep, this episode was great. Nice to see Shu manning up, loved Inori's singing during the ep. I like where this is going, yeah.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 23, 2011 6:25 PM

May 2011
Every episode, I like Hare a little more and Inori a lot less.

At least there was a lot of Shu-Hare physical contact.. of the sexual variety.
Dec 23, 2011 7:48 PM

Nov 2011
As great as it was to see Shu and the Film Club arrive on scene. Nothing has really changed. Bushy Eyebrows or Ribbons as I call him, stopped Shu from drawing Inori's Void and Curbstomping the GHQ Forces. In fact, Ribbons nearly kills Shu with Inori's void.

As things stand, the remants of Funeral Parlour are still surrounded by GHQ Forces and Anti-Bodies. The signal is still being broadcast, infecting people with the Apocalypse Virus. Chief Keido is opening some secret Lab, Storage, Holding facility at Funeral Parlours HQ. So, Unless someone with the Authority, steps in and Orders the GHQ Forces to standdown, Shu and everyone are screwed, big time.

There is one possiblity, one person that know the truth and has the Authority to turn things around. Col. Dan Eagleman.

Yes, we all saw Segai press his gun against Dan's body. We all heard the Gun Shot. Dan suffered a Disney Death. Much like Gai did at the end of Episode 5. It's entirely possible that Dan is only gravely wounded, maybe because the bullet struck or was deflected by the Crystals forming on Dan's body. Or Segai intentionally missed vital organs. If Dan is still alive, he can countermand Keido's orders, Saving Funeral Parlour and sending the GHQ forces against Keido and the Anti-Bodies.

What do you think?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Dec 23, 2011 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
PeKan said:

Not just Shu. Funnell sure spent a lot time pressed against Hare's Chest.

The Shu and Hare stuff was good. Shu was very tender with Hare, when he drew her Void and afterwards. They acted more like a couple, then Shu and Inori ever have.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Dec 23, 2011 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
It took Shu 11 episodes to finally turn into an MC i can watch...., 10 episodes too late imho, but better late than never. it was almost unbearable to watch him. Thank god he changed.

Finally we see a plot developing and ive finally gotten back a little interested in this anime once more, please dont disappoint me next episode!!!

and is it just me, or is anyone else wondering whats gonna happen with Kenji Kido??? i just have a feeling he is gonna be the 3rd void user. just a feeling.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 23, 2011 8:49 PM

Jul 2011
I'm just wondering where they go from here, only 11 eps left and I could actually see the series ending with this arc (if there were only say 13eps of this series), but they gotta have another arc after this and I am just curious were they are going to go with this story. Is this series actually going to end with 22 episodes, or are we going to see another season? If this series does end in the next 11 episodes something epic is bound to happen and I'm excited to see what.
Dec 23, 2011 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
I think i might have to change my opinion on this show now that i've seen one of the best episode i watched this week, good work Production I.G

For now 6/10 just because i don't really like Shu in the beginning and many things but 11 episodes to go is pretty long ride.
Dec 23, 2011 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
PeKan said:

For me

Ayase: Hated first, SKYROCKET in episode 5, remained constant

Hare: first disliked because why? Why did she like Shu? Now that I like her more and more each episode

Inori: First I thought she was absolutely quite good looking, may be my type of heroine. Then I found her to be an emotionless sex doll that has no personality in any point. She is plummeting since episode 2
Dec 23, 2011 10:12 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:
PeKan said:

For me

Hare: first disliked because why? Why did she like Shu? Now that I like her more and more each episode

Inori: First I thought she was absolutely quite good looking, may be my type of heroine. Then I found her to be an emotionless sex doll that has no personality in any point. She is plummeting since episode 2

Ayase became very likable in episode 5 and continues to be so. Even in episode 10, she was trying to reach Shu, trying to understand what was wrong. Unlike Gai.

I would like to see more of Hare and an explaination as to why she loves Shu. A flashback to when Shu treated her kindly or something like that. These past 4 episodes, reallly made her into a much better character, allowed her to grow. Episode 10, with her slapping Shu, not allowing him to use her, yet standing by him, being there for him. It was her best episode yet, but hopefully not the last for her to really shine.

Inori's likability has dropped with each episode. Even now, with her questioning; If she loves Shu? Appears to developing feelings, Emotional depth and awareness. She's just not that likable. What she said in Episode 5, is a big part of this. We can thank Gai that she doesn't understand how hurtful her words and actions have been. I just can't buy Inori is suddenly developing feelings. At least not yet.

Hare and Shu come across as a couple in episode 11, more so, better then Shu and Inori ever have in the previous 10 episodes.

Dec 23, 2011 10:43 PM

Sep 2011
Articman said:
GodlyKyon said:
PeKan said:

For me

Ayase became very likable in episode 5 and continues to be so. Even in episode 10, she was trying to reach Shu, trying to understand what was wrong. Unlike Gai.

I would like to see more of Hare and an explaination as to why she loves Shu. A flashback to when Shu treated her kindly or something like that. These past 4 episodes, reallly made her into a much better character, allowed her to grow. Episode 10, with her slapping Shu, not allowing him to use her, yet standing by him, being there for him. It was her best episode yet, but hopefully not the last for her to really shine.

Inori's likability has dropped with each episode. Even now, with her questioning; If she loves Shu? Appears to developing feelings, Emotional depth and awareness. She's just not that likable. What she said in Episode 5, is a big part of this. We can thank Gai that she doesn't understand how hurtful her words and actions have been. I just can't buy Inori is suddenly developing feelings. At least not yet.

Hare and Shu come across as a couple in episode 11, more so, better then Shu and Inori ever have in the previous 10 episodes.

Disliking the fact Inori Is the MAIN heroine. Where as I loved Yuki Nagato, similar to Inori but a different background and a side heroine.
Dec 23, 2011 11:05 PM
Jul 2011
This series has been 'jekyll and 'hyde for me. One week, it is an enjoyable episode then the next, perplexing or dislike.

I liked this episode and enjoyed watching it.
Dec 23, 2011 11:56 PM
Dec 2010
Loved the whole boy-masscres-stepmom-and-fucked-up-dad thing Daryl did.

Still no explanation as to why many started sprouting crystals but not everyone did.

Standard cliche government truth-scam.

Segai is THE BEST character developed in this anime. Period.

Hare-Shu still doesn't make alot of sense since Hare had her screen time almost 0 for episodes 1 thru 8 or 9. They are going way too jumpy on this couple's development.

Shu's justification for that fact that he helps Funeral Parlour was because they believed that he could be useful (could do something). How does that make the rest of the gang(Shu's ammo cartidges, I call them) agree to help Shu? So if you know that a certain terrorist group believes in a classmate of yours, you would risk your life to aid that classmate in saving the terrorists?

And seriously, does he actually believe that Funeral Parlour would treat him like he is treated now if it wasn't for the fact that he accidentally stole Gai's Power of Kings?

Famous words," If it wasn't for Funeral Parlour, I'd still be someone who didn't matter!"

REALITY CHECK! You still don't matter.

Yea and unnecessary Gai flashbacks.

And MINDFUCK. Inori does a Macross song that rapes the virus and de-powers the stone of the heaven/hell gate which holds Cocytus(whatever that is), giving Segai and Shuichiro Keido (wait, he's not the late Papa Ouma?) the shock-face.

Shu goes head on with the Anti-bodies, with a full arsenal of well, mostly defensive/utility voids. Parts which deserve an A is the way he used Souta's camera. And the imbalanced bridge-building bandage Hare produces. Parts that deserve an F is Shu transforming into gravity-defying Daredevil while holding Yahiro's shears as well as the indestructible van of doom driven by Ayasebot. Also a big question mark on the ability of the shears(yet again). Now it doesn't cut lifelines. Now it's as sharp as Inori's sword and infects mecha with crystals. When the anti-crystal song in in full range. Interesting.

And incoming more confusing shit regarding the Evil King(Mr Bushy-Eyebrows). Is he on the same side as Keido and friends?

Gai sacrificing was 100% expected.

Lots more to be uncovered and laughed at in the next episode I guess.
Dec 24, 2011 12:53 AM

Dec 2011
Naxrrhid said:
and is it just me, or is anyone else wondering whats gonna happen with Kenji Kido??? i just have a feeling he is gonna be the 3rd void user. just a feeling.

I was wondering about that too, cos Kido Kenji was like in another van thing with the older Gai i thought? and none of him was shown in ep 11 + Why was he called out to the mission in the first place? :O
Dec 24, 2011 12:54 AM
Aug 2009
Is this Gai?

Dec 24, 2011 6:01 AM

Oct 2011
damn all the haters out there - this episode was amazing in every way - an emotional rollercoaster - so beautiful and so sad - can't wait for more!!!!
octal9Dec 24, 2011 6:04 AM
Dec 24, 2011 6:25 AM
Apr 2008
My short question is, WHAT THE HECK is the title of the version of Departures Inori is singing during the episode. I couldn't find the version anywhere. I'll give you a golden horse for the version!!!

Epsiode strange 3/5
Dec 24, 2011 7:20 AM

Dec 2009
The only thing I'm gonna say about this episode before I make my leave. Can't stand these episode discussions anymore so -_-'

Good episode. BGM is incredible.

Thank you and Bye. Merry Christmas too ^_^
Dec 24, 2011 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
Man, I still can't believe that GAI , the awesome GUY died. And what the heck is going on? Cocytus? Another version of the Sword of Akasha? If it really did happen to be similar, I am going to shoot the director. Also, I am starting to like Hare--she's moe and useful. I wonder who the third void user is. By the way, it seems that next episode is mixed with a flash back of the events leading to and during 'Lost Christmas'. We will finally learn who Mana really is, as well as her relationship with Inori and Shu.

Dec 24, 2011 9:47 AM

Aug 2011
Edob0b said:
Naxrrhid said:

I was wondering about that too, cos Kido Kenji was like in another van thing with the older Gai i thought? and none of him was shown in ep 11 + Why was he called out to the mission in the first place? :O

Also, he seems to know alot more of what Shuuichirou is up to, more than anyone else...., part of the reason he was locked up in the first place???
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 24, 2011 10:12 AM

Dec 2011
...the series is finally getting somewhere. About time -.-
Dec 24, 2011 12:02 PM

Jan 2011
So... If Gai is srsly dead Imma have to bust out my happy dance.
Dec 24, 2011 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
octal9 said:
damn all the haters out there - this episode was amazing in every way - an emotional rollercoaster - so beautiful and so sad - can't wait for more!!!!

I'm not too sure, the haters are hating for a reason..... don't damn the haters, it'll only make you catch on fire.

sajpowell said:
So... If Gai is srsly dead Imma have to bust out my happy dance.

I am sure many will join... and the fujoshis will cry...
Dec 24, 2011 1:53 PM
Jan 2011
Wow, it looks like that Shu doesn't have a monopoly of using voids.
Dec 24, 2011 3:55 PM

Dec 2009
Oh and was it really Romi Paku who voiced the eyebrow guy? Sounded like her right?
But ANN doesn't say so or maybe I'm blind :S
Dec 24, 2011 7:32 PM

May 2010
What is this show even about?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 24, 2011 8:00 PM

May 2011
Confucius said:

It's inside joke from Japan's anime industry, pure trolling. It's not trying to be anything, they just laugh at people who don't get the joke. Some people are trolling back on the industry by giving this series illogical ratings.

The trolling of the series is based to this suck@life faggot called Shu who gets power to draw sex toys out of peoples chest. Soon harem surrounds him by causing him almost mental break down. It's parodying non-existing plot, extremely cliched themes, fan service, badly written characters and amateurish directors by doing it all on worse level than any other series has manged to do before.

Great shit, hard to get it and even harder to like it.
KarhuDec 24, 2011 8:06 PM
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 25, 2011 12:20 AM
Sep 2010
Karhu said:
Confucius said:

It's inside joke from Japan's anime industry, pure trolling. It's not trying to be anything, they just laugh at people who don't get the joke. Some people are trolling back on the industry by giving this series illogical ratings.

The trolling of the series is based to this suck@life faggot called Shu who gets power to draw sex toys out of peoples chest. Soon harem surrounds him by causing him almost mental break down. It's parodying non-existing plot, extremely cliched themes, fan service, badly written characters and amateurish directors by doing it all on worse level than any other series has manged to do before.

Great shit, hard to get it and even harder to like it.

Aw hell yeah quoted for truth! And I love how this show keeps trying to talk about the immune system... Like fuck if you take a vaccine 5 minutes before you get a lethal music virus it ain't gonna stop you from dying.

And even if music viruses can kill you...why is the city becoming like Walpurgisnacht is attacking it?

True trolling indeed.
Dec 25, 2011 3:38 AM

May 2009
Wow... Packed.. I loved it.
Gai died for Shu??? >.< That was a baaaad tear. Quite ironic he had to die by Inori's void... :/

I like how they use songs for genetic resonance. :)

Lovin the action. =D

I hate Ayase's "pain" orgasms. Could you EVER STOP with the fan service, GC?? >.<

tsubasalover said:

Shu's sister(?)

It's his MOTHER. Not his sis! O.o
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Dec 25, 2011 5:29 AM

Feb 2011
Miharu-Kun said:
I can't believe people actually like this series, what the hell is with the character development, it's hard to tell who on who's side, isn't that Yahiro guy pissed at Shu for killing his friend, when did Shu's mother/sister work for GHQ and wasn't his dead supposed to be dead ???????? Guilty Crown is like what would happen if 4kids mixed Code Geass and No.6 together to make a cheesy rip off

You seem like you haven't payed any attention whatsoever to the anime based on what you said. Yahiro pissed at Shu for killing his friend? lol!? That's his brother. His mom working for GHQ? like omfg how can you have just found that out? I'm gonna assume dead = dad, if your talking about Keido thats not Shu's dad obviously.
I really wonder if we're all watching the same anime sometimes, cause some of the bullshit i read here is just unreal. Maybe your watching with bad subs? I really hope thats the case.
Dec 25, 2011 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Omegadark said:
Miharu-Kun said:
I can't believe people actually like this series, what the hell is with the character development, it's hard to tell who on who's side, isn't that Yahiro guy pissed at Shu for killing his friend, when did Shu's mother/sister work for GHQ and wasn't his dead supposed to be dead ???????? Guilty Crown is like what would happen if 4kids mixed Code Geass and No.6 together to make a cheesy rip off

You seem like you haven't payed any attention whatsoever to the anime based on what you said. Yahiro pissed at Shu for killing his friend? lol!? That's his brother. His mom working for GHQ? like omfg how can you have just found that out? I'm gonna assume dead = dad, if your talking about Keido thats not Shu's dad obviously.
I really wonder if we're all watching the same anime sometimes, cause some of the bullshit i read here is just unreal. Maybe your watching with bad subs? I really hope thats the case.

Doesn't change his point. Why isn't Yahiro pissed at Shu for killing his BROTHER?
Dec 25, 2011 12:52 PM

Oct 2011
And why do people grumble on parts of anime that aren't that well made? I understand some genres, characters, or situations causes some negative emotions for people, yet that is PART of the STORY! >:(
The culture of anime and manga is that they make individuals think, and obviously you need a open mind and imagination.

By open mind, I mean to have the ability to create a base for baseless anime, if something seems to be Deus Ex Machina, well, deal with it, accept it as what it is, and you'll find yourself enjoying any anime better.(except for hentai, duh). :P

You might say that something is bad scripting, but well, if as what people say are true, that this anime is cliche in parts, then you can connect your past experiences with some anime with similar bases, connect the links, and voila! The setting MAKES SENSE NOW! (OMG) You have a brain not to just enjoy the flow of dopamine right? You use it to think don't you? So use it.
Hello :D
Dec 25, 2011 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
Finally, this is going somewhere :) I don't dislike the anime but I was getting sick of Shu's spineless behavior, like when he turned Gai's offer down at the begin etc...

They better not kill Gai like this, he needs to give us a LOT explanations after all.
Dec 25, 2011 8:40 PM

Nov 2011
The end of this episode makes you want to find out what will happen in the next ep. Hope Gai doesn't die, cause he's awesome like that.
Dec 25, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
Currently, I have almost completely lost interest in this series, the GC is nice and so is the fanservice but the storyline is horrible --. Still have plenty of explanations to do.Hell, I don't even know how such a high budget anime turn out this way...Lets just hope there'll be a turning point :/ but i doubt it.
Dec 25, 2011 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
In plot-heavy anime, you'd think more attention would be paid to plot coherence and consistency.
Another anime to fall well short of its expected mark...

When will the spineless, boring, empty male leads just go away...
Dec 26, 2011 3:58 AM
Oct 2010
shadowtsunami said:
Finally Guilty Crown is starting to become a bit better.

Yes, finally! At least it was entertaining. That's all I ask...

shadowtsunami said:
Vallaw said:
notzky said:
Shu doesn't have anything on him, unless he can pull something out of Gai, or they can make another miracle for Shu to escape right now, he will definitely die too.. xD

He has Gai's void (since Gai is a 17 year old...which is complete bs). I don't know what the relationship is between having a void and having the virus, so if you can only have 1 or the other, maybe not.

lol WHAT Gai is 17 LMBO, I thought that guy was in his mid 20's

O_O I thought Gai was older too...

Dec 26, 2011 6:01 AM

Jul 2010
Who the hell was that in the end? Someone with the same power as Shu!
So now Inori's kidnapped, Gai appears to be dead; it's safe to say that Shu's rescue operation didn't really work out that well.

Dec 26, 2011 10:23 AM
Sep 2010
Man, this series tears me up. Honestly can't decide if it's style over substance, or if the substance is also pretty good. all the same...not bad, not bad.
Dec 26, 2011 11:06 AM

Feb 2011
NOES! DAN!!! D':
CURSE YOU, SEGAI! YOU DON'T HAVE GUTS!

And look who's the new main antagonist! Soma Cruz, of course!!

Well, liked the episode. Had a few stupid moments, but overall entertaining.
Dec 26, 2011 12:55 PM

Apr 2010
Demigodrickli said:
And why do people grumble on parts of anime that aren't that well made? I understand some genres, characters, or situations causes some negative emotions for people, yet that is PART of the STORY! >:(
The culture of anime and manga is that they make individuals think, and obviously you need a open mind and imagination.

By open mind, I mean to have the ability to create a base for baseless anime, if something seems to be Deus Ex Machina, well, deal with it, accept it as what it is, and you'll find yourself enjoying any anime better.(except for hentai, duh). :P

You might say that something is bad scripting, but well, if as what people say are true, that this anime is cliche in parts, then you can connect your past experiences with some anime with similar bases, connect the links, and voila! The setting MAKES SENSE NOW! (OMG) You have a brain not to just enjoy the flow of dopamine right? You use it to think don't you? So use it.

Only Guilty Crown isn't innovative at all and nothing is really interesting. Why would I ''connect my past experiences with some anime with similar bases and connect the links (what the fuck are you smoking bro?)"? How does that relate to the setting? The last sentence applies to you perfectly.

Guilty Crown is pretty much a compilation of a bunch of anime cliches, lol.
Dec 26, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2011
Rianri said:
shadowtsunami said:
Vallaw said:
notzky said:
Shu doesn't have anything on him, unless he can pull something out of Gai, or they can make another miracle for Shu to escape right now, he will definitely die too.. xD

He has Gai's void (since Gai is a 17 year old...which is complete bs). I don't know what the relationship is between having a void and having the virus, so if you can only have 1 or the other, maybe not.

lol WHAT Gai is 17 LMBO, I thought that guy was in his mid 20's

O_O I thought Gai was older too...

Yeah, Gai's character makes no sense, I'm not saying that ANY of the characters in GC make sense, so don't infer that.

Hes a 17 leader of an organization that blindly follows him into (what should be) suicide missions for no reason other than "He's the leader". How does he manage to have such influence, connections, and funding when hes only 17, enough to fight toe to toe with a despotic government that NOBODY ELSE even thinks of opposing? Why is there not even a hint of mutiny? (no leader has a 100% approval rating)

But the thing I hate the most about Gai is his logic. I'll give a (kinda) brief (slightly exaggerated) timeline.

>>Before the series starts Gai gets a raging hard-on to have the power of kings so he sends Fanservice in to go steal one of only 3 of the most valuable thing the government has (a useless character managed to steal it from -what should have been- a high security facility, with no help other than a deus ex machina mecha).
>>So when he has a chance to get what gave him the raging hard-on, he goes completely flaccid during a brief fight and decides to let some fail@life kid keep it.
>>Gai is then pissed and surprised when fail@life gains the power instead of him, so he forces fail@life to help the cause.
>>After causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damage and (probably) killing dozens of people, Gai decides to let bygones be bygones and lets fail@life leave, who now refers to the slaughter of people as "a once in a lifetime adventure" and looks back on it with nostalgia.
>>OH NOES somebody saw the giant battle between FunparxDespotism, he might tell Despotism, we have to find out what he knows and stop him
>>Turns out he knew everything and fail@life figured it out but didn't do anything about it, getting himself captured.
>>"Guess I have to save him, seeing as I'm an invaluable leader, and, OH YEAH, while I'm in the building wearing a fake beard that they will totally be able to recognize me in but won't do anything about it, BLOW THE BUILDING UP, so we can save a serial killer from getting justice."
>>"HOORAY! We saved a serial killer! I'm gonna go meet with some people about something, try to teach fail@life to fight while I'm gone. Oh, and this character is called Kyo, she gets 10 secs of screentime this episode and then I decide to kill her next episode because we are the only 2 people in the world immune to giant lazors from space. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
>>"Sup? I'm injured this episode but only when its convenient for character deveopment, when it's not I can kick ass and take Fanservice's blood same as usual."
>>"You know what? I forgot we DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING FUNDING! So I'm gonna go cause a cruise ship to get attacked by Despotism by telling them exactly what I'm doing and hope to GOD that the only person who can save me, fail@life, and our only possible source of funding as well as hundreds more people from getting blown the fuck up, doesn't decide to get laid instead of being on a boat. Oh and I'm going to woo her and convince her to follow me to an empty part of the boat by insulting her, girls like that sort of thing."
>> "Turns out she DID want to get laid...by ME!...Ummm....what next? I forgOH YEAH! We should go get one of the other 2 power of kings so i can finally get rid of fail@li....what? We can't do that? HES THE MAIN CHARACTER?!?! BULLSHIT! Fine, whatever, I'm gonna go vandalize a shrine or something. Wait this isn't a shrine, this is a secret base of Despotism. I suppose we can vandalize it anyway, so long as they don't have any trained guards or security of any sort."
>>"I'm just gonna set my mind to autopilot for a while since everything is pretty much taking care of itself."
>>"Ok, so an op is goin down, hope missing what lead up to this isn't important. Fail@life, what are you doing? Don't just run, we can't do jack shit w/o you, even though we were perfectly find w/o you before, hell, we didn't even have any funding and we were fine. Why do you fail so much at life, fail@life? I lost the best boner EVER in ep1 and I'm doin just fine. You know what, gtfo. Ok everybody, fail@life is gone, now we can actually do things. So lets go attack Despotism and finish this series."
>>"OH GOD WHY!? I walked straight into that trap and now I'm stuck on a plane. Wtf, wasnt I just on a plane? I can teleport? FUCK YES! About time i got some super powers, I really hope I get to use these teleportation abilities for years to come. Hey, Fanservice, start singing so you can heal this stupid virus from me. Why am I not healing? Everybody else is...is it because I can teleport? Totally worth it. Was that fail@life I just saw running up the building? That asshole, I'm gonna have to teleport to the top of the building and have a little chat with him. Hey fail@liWTF?! OW!!! Why am i bleeding so much? Did i just get killed? Saving fail@life no less...fml."

EDIT: Moar spelling
VallawDec 27, 2011 9:38 AM
If you can't get what you want, then come with me ... 'Cause you are my medicine when you're close to me, when you're close to me
Dec 26, 2011 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
The last two episodes haven been very great. I guess the second half of the show will be very different from what we've seen so far.

I'm enjoying the sow very much. Can't understand all the hate. What "Avatar" was for Hollywood, Guilty Crown might be in the anime world.
Dec 26, 2011 3:24 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was fun to watch at least. Great music and visuals. Picture at the end wasn't equivalent to porn, so that's good.

Daryl killing his father and the bitch: Win.

Inori peeking around the corner and shooting at nothing on the security camera: Fail.

Crowning moment of heartwarming with Shu and his friends: Cute.

Yahiro/Jun resolution: Fail.

Evil Shu: Win.

Shu x Hare moment: Cute.

EDIT: Vallaw rant above: Epic win.
DraconisMarchDec 26, 2011 3:33 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.