Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2011 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
How do you prefer to go about your business?

Watching Anime
Reading Manga
Listening to Songs (Japanese/Korean/etc)

I watch prefer watching anime on my tv, so if needed I hook up the HDMI to it.

I read manga in Tankōbon form (in my hands), The only manga I don't read like that is Princess Resurrection, Genshiken, and Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa. The former two being ones where I read everything that is in print form in the US.

I listening to songs through my beautiful playlists on youtube. I typically only listen to OSTs, OPs&EDs, AMVs, and Radwimps. I go through my AMV playlist the most since it lasts for a while. (Edit) I listen to a lot of 90s, and Nickelback
IceDraconianDec 18, 2011 9:16 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 18, 2011 1:10 PM

Mar 2010
Yeah if possible watching on the TV with some great speakers is what I do, but most of it is just watched on the computer downloaded/streamed etc.

I also download my manga and its efficient for me that way, but I have some manga I bought.

I don't listen to much nowadays, but when I do I use Itunes which I have enough songs for now..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2011 8:37 AM

Dec 2008
anime: I prefer to watch on my tv, but never hooked up an hdmi yet (it would have to stretch across in front of my door). So, I buy stuff on sale or burn stuff to disc, but I usually just stream on the comp. I rarely download though bc it's hard on a normal drive, but I do dl stuff I really want to see and can't find streaming. For ex: I just found Utena film subbed and downloaded it to watch. I will prob burn it for safe keeping.

manga: I prefer to have a hard copy of the book, and having to read on the computer makes me avoid continuing series sometimes. If I can't find the book or the rest isn't licensed or translated yet, I will read it online. It seems like it takes a lot more time to flip thru a book online than it does when it's in my hands.

music: Now days I just listen to youtube, internet, or tv radio. I have a lot of cds of my absolute faves, but I don't listen to them a lot anymore unless I want to hear songs I can't find online. I have a couple of shuffles too, but I only listen to them on road trips or sunning in the summer or something. It's def youtube or internet radio mostly for me at this time.
Dec 19, 2011 10:18 AM

Oct 2010
anime: I watch about 4-5 episodes every weekday on my phone, usually ongoing or seasonal anime. I spend about 1.5-2h a day on a train so this way the ride seems shorter. Rest of the time I watch older anime on my laptop (I get to stay in bed and watch anime :D ). 99% of the time I download. I bought a 2TB HDD and now I can store my favorite series. Used to burn them on DVDs, but they took too much shelf space, so this way is better.

manga: I would like to have a hard copy, but manga is hard to come by here, so yeah, I read them online.

music: Listening to some right now, while I'm writing this post :D. I don't listen to much Japanese music, just some favorite OSTs or OP/ED songs (some of them can be very addictive). I listen on youtube, made a couple of playlist, but they are hard to manage, like everyday a lot of songs are removed due to various reasons. For other types of music, I ripped my cds and made a playlist with all of my favorite songs and now I listen from there. Took me some time to organize it, but it was worth it.
Jul 1, 2012 10:38 PM

Dec 2008
update for how i watch my anime... Since subscribing to huluplus, I watch nearly all of my anime on my tv now. My burned, bought, & bookmarked stuff is on hold til finish up a bunch of stuff there! It usually has at least half of new season stuff on there too. So I just wanted to throw a recommendation out there for anyone thinking about getting the service. A lot of the kinks have been worked out for wii customers too. They require licenses left & right, and it's only 8$ a month! <3 it!! I feel like I'm contributing to the industry more now too. I always check to see if huluplus has it first (bc I can watch them subbed versus netflix which mostly has dubs instead!)
Jul 1, 2012 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
anime: sites on my laptop

manga: very rarely, but in my hands

music: ipod/youtube, i have very nice headphones that i use to bring it up to 11 and disappear in music. radiohead, pixies, wilco, my mourning jacket, oasis, nirvana, sonic youth,the ravonettes, u2, rammstein, tatu and more. i bet you never guessed radiohead.
Jul 2, 2012 12:01 AM

Oct 2010
kidamnesiac said:
i bet you never guessed radiohead.

Why, what ever do you mean?

:P
Jul 2, 2012 12:25 AM

Nov 2011
IceDraconian said:
kidamnesiac said:
i bet you never guessed radiohead.

Why, what ever do you mean?

:P

oh, you dont know? they are this new, hip rock and roll band, you should totally check them out!
Jul 28, 2012 4:30 AM
Dec 2009
Anime:Usually i watch them on the computer downloaded,because they don't sell them in my country(they are exactly 5 movies and 1 series in the stores) I gotta try watching them on the TV in the living room,but my parents are there most of the time.

Manga:I have some that i have bought but haven't read them yet.I really should....Mostly read them online,tho.

Music:Since im fan of the harder electronic stuff i mostly listen to online radios and archives that i have saved previously.
Jul 30, 2012 12:52 AM

May 2010
Anime: download and watch on my computer
Manga: only read them while having them in my hands, I have about 30 now
Music: I either listen to OPs and EDs of anime or to Steins;Gate music
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What's the name of that anime where... ?

gINGEr - Feb 20, 2013

13 by ianh16 »»
Mar 23, 2017 2:20 PM

» Anime that makes you think!

gINGEr - Jan 12, 2011

32 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
May 31, 2015 7:37 AM

» So bad - it's good- titles

gINGEr - Jan 23, 2014

14 by oudkee »»
Jan 29, 2015 7:32 PM

» Your Top 10 Anime Favorites

gINGEr - Mar 2, 2013

19 by Kaji02 »»
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 PM

Sticky: » (Open) Offical Badges V.2

gINGEr - Apr 9, 2013

44 by Coranie »»
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.