Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2011 1:43 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's such a pity that only one episode was made, if it was made for more numbers of episodes I'm sure it'll be a better one, as there'll be more time to show the character development that is shown in the manga.

This OVA is made for those who have read the manga, because the OVA itself has very little substance in both plot and character, perhaps because of time limitation.
blue-yDec 15, 2011 1:47 AM
May 13, 2013 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
blue-y said:
It's such a pity that only one episode was made, if it was made for more numbers of episodes I'm sure it'll be a better one, as there'll be more time to show the character development that is shown in the manga.

This OVA is made for those who have read the manga, because the OVA itself has very little substance in both plot and character, perhaps because of time limitation.

I didn't know or read the manga for this one but this reminds me so much of Marmalade Boy maybe because they're from the same era. If this got treatment like Marmalade Boy i.e. more episodes, I think I'll probably sit to watch this for hours as well.

Anyway it was an OK episode. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 25, 2014 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
I watched this to kill time while an anime downloaded and right when this episode finished so did the downloading lol perfect timing
Aug 18, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2015
Wait the hugging is really cute and all but there has to be at least one kiss scene right?
Jun 26, 2017 2:30 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
xD Lol, gotta love the cheesiness of old anime.

Too bad that it wasn't fleshed out as an anime series. So annoying with the skipping around.
Jan 28, 2018 4:22 PM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
So there is zero resolution as to how her friend Aya is going to react when she discovers that Mio and Ichiya are dating? I thought there'd at least be her doing that sad, "As long as you two are happy" shtick, but they just avoided it entirely.
Apr 1, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2016
I've tried to complete this several times, but I either have fallen asleep or got distracted.. have to say.. I liked it. The stunt scene at the end made me anxious which was surprising since the OVA is rushed and you don't know too much about the characters. But that shows how well the writers/directors executed the allowed time they had pretty well.
Jul 31, 2021 4:57 PM

May 2012
Cute but rushed. Definitely would have been better if it got a couple episodes to flesh things out. Hard to really enjoy a romance when they drop the "I love you, I always have" passionate embrace in 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, it hits the typical shoujo tropes so it lacked much originality, but I can't really fault it since it was from 1992 and most shoujo series probably copied it instead.

The music video portions were nice, visuals were pretty, and I really liked the glamour photoshoot at the beginning.
Oct 13, 2023 1:03 PM
Apr 2021
More wholesome than I expected. Probably will check the manga for the full story.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.