Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2011 4:52 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So now Jellal and Ultear appears and this is only what we get?
I'm a bit disappointed. Was hoping for something more.
Also, convenient powerup. Let's hope it's not as simple as that.
Ultear said it was excruciating but yeah, everyone will powerup in the end.
I'm getting really disappointed now in FT :/
belatkuroDec 9, 2011 4:56 AM
Dec 9, 2011 4:56 AM

Mar 2009
Ultear and Meredy are still looking hot :3 that is all I need. Natsu approves of Ultear development.
Dec 9, 2011 5:01 AM

Dec 2009
That was fast... Mangastream usually releases the chapters at friday night or saturday.

Dunno what to say about this chapter. I'm tired that many shounen series get a powerup always when the time is convenient but also never expected Gerard to appear. Also my biggest surprise is how that loly Meredith grew.

Overall, 3/5.
Dec 9, 2011 5:09 AM

Nov 2008
Well they will get a power up after all..
Dec 9, 2011 5:11 AM

Aug 2010
LOVED THE COLOR PAGE!

I actually liked this chap quite a lot. Love meredy's new look.
When i first saw ultear i thought that she's gonna use her time ability like a hyperbolic time chamber, but it seems hiro decided to do it a different way. Well, lets just see them fighting using these new powers, I hope that they will look cool at least.
And there's gonna be raven tail joining in as well, I hope this arc will be done well.
Dec 9, 2011 5:13 AM

Sep 2007
Meredy is hot !
And Ultear too !
But Raven Tail is here too !
Dec 9, 2011 5:25 AM

Nov 2010
Normally when you see something like the bridge repairing itself, and you think "that must be reverse-time magic; it must be Ultear!" that sort of insight is supposed to give the reader a little rush. Not with me and Fairy Tail. I thought "Oh God it's Ultear *Facepalm* their training dilemma is solved with a cop-out solution *sigh*"
*2 pages later worst fears unsurprisingly come true*

Lol at the second origin bullshit. I thought he Mashima would pull something like "I can speed up the growth of your capacity, like hitting the fast forward button in reality when your trying to grind in a RPG" That would have been less far-fetched.

Gerard was cool. Gerard will always be cool. Ever since Rave, Gerard's awesomeness had been established in the beginning.

--edit--
Ok question for the fanbois: Ultear obviously had a change in heart. Before bashing poor pacing in the character development, I should ask: Why did she need to have a change of heart in the first place? Everything about her evil actions was shrouded by mystery, and that mystery has to be resolved before the reader can appreciate the character growth a change in alliance brings. Ultear just seemed to be randomly evil, so this sudden change of heart seems very underwhelming. So all you faithful followers of Fairy Tail: What's the deal with Ultear?
ExkalamityDec 9, 2011 5:33 AM
Dec 9, 2011 5:34 AM

Jun 2011
Once again Mashima prolong this series but adding some filler chapters. I really get this deus ex machina feeling from this chapter as they suddenly get power boost, though I'm glad to see Gerard, Ultear and Meredy again.

Exkalamity said:
Normally when you see something like the bridge repairing itself, and you think "that must be reverse-time magic; it must be Ultear!" that sort of insight is supposed to give the reader a little rush.

I also get that feeling. *bridge repair itself* --> Ultear!

And I thought Raven Tail supposed to be a dark guild? How can they join the tournament?
Dec 9, 2011 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
I like this manga, have done for years, and I am determent on not outgrowing it!

A number of theings dissapointed me:
1st) The minors of Fairy Tail having a defeatous attitude - what have they acheived in their seven years and three months? What did they acheive before hand? They may aswell be mere chearleaders if they feel the stand no chance without the 'headlining; characters
2nd) Ultear's epithany was expected, but the personality and belief U-turn eliminating her status of 'great girl' = :(
3rd) Ultear having the ability to boost magic level, just as the gang need it - this was almost an insult to the reader
4th and worst of all) Ivan is a villian I personally (like a number of people) have been waiting for a few years; he was grounds for a good established plot back when the writing quality of this series was that bit more 'fresh' - now he comes in with his guild, partaking in a tournement that seems somewhat trivial, as it's merly about boosting status - whilst new villian Zeref becomes the new mystery factor - I'm hoping a long established villan like Ivan isn't being shelved in favour of the typical 'bishounen connected to the main - something we are oh so use to in modern shounen'
All quite predictable on a whole, quite uneventful too. :(

Looking forward to what is to come in the future - things can only get better?

Ruri-san said:

And I thought Raven Tail supposed to be a dark guild? How can they join the tournament?

My point exactly! ;)
It seems as though they're being 'downgraded' in favour of another plot.

Dec 9, 2011 5:57 AM
Apr 2011
belatkuro said:

yeah it felt alil underwhelming but with the conveinient Power up there is quite abit of potential with the whole thing because what it sounds like to me, ill apply this to natsu since its alot easyer... instead of having a single container to hold x amount of magical power they now have two so with natsu he could eat other elemental magic and still have the fire magic because when he fought the "god slayer" zancrow he had to empty hes magical power and then ingest the black flames but now he would be able to do that and still maintain maintain the flame magic + it would also mean in natral increase in magical power but thats a lil boring i just hope that everybody gets something from it not just natsu like i hope everybody gets a somewhat unique power up although i doubt it will happen that way. also i wish they were more origonal with how it all happened like instead of a convenient power boost id have much rather them go though the 3months of training but aye whatcha gunna do :D all i can do is look forwards to whats gunna come of this arc.
reallybigshrimpDec 9, 2011 6:02 AM
Dec 9, 2011 6:00 AM

May 2010
belatkuro said:

So now Jellal appears and this is only what we get?

So when will he die? I like to see him get strangle by Natsu.
Dec 9, 2011 6:10 AM

Dec 2010
Ultear: I will give you all power up
*explains*
Natsu: Yaaayyyy!!! i dont get it.

Neither can i. only get it after read thrice.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Dec 9, 2011 6:24 AM

Feb 2010
every guild comes with their full force however we still have not seen the 3 remaining powerhouses of Sabertooth.

Queen_Stars said:

Ruri-san said:

My point exactly! ;)

lol all the Raven tail mages look like crazy psychopaths how in the world can ppl think they changed from a yami guild into a light guild that's really beyond me.... obviously they are after FT and have no interested on the Magic Games on the other hand walking into a area full of light mages suggest they are overpowered like shit. Really looking forward to this.
Dec 9, 2011 6:27 AM
Nov 2011
reallybigshrimp said:
belatkuro said:

yeah it felt alil underwhelming but with the conveinient Power up there is quite abit of potential with the whole thing because what it sounds like to me, ill apply this to natsu since its alot easyer... instead of having a single container to hold x amount of magical power they now have two so with natsu he could eat other elemental magic and still have the fire magic because when he fought the "god slayer" zancrow he had to empty hes magical power and then ingest the black flames but now he would be able to do that and still maintain maintain the flame magic + it would also mean in natral increase in magical power but thats a lil boring i just hope that everybody gets something from it not just natsu like i hope everybody gets a somewhat unique power up although i doubt it will happen that way. also i wish they were more origonal with how it all happened like instead of a convenient power boost id have much rather them go though the 3months of training but aye whatcha gunna do :D all i can do is look forwards to whats gunna come of this arc.

Good guess with Natsu being able to use multiple flames.

Also, remember when Natsu got tired after using his lightning roar against Max in CH. 259? Now, he'd be able to use it more/better.

I'm so sure both of the above will happen that I'm not looking forward to Natsu's next few fights at all.

Edit: I'm guessing and hoping the Fairies who trained elsewhere won't get the same powerup. The variety in powerups would make things more interesting.
AnonUserXDec 9, 2011 6:36 AM
Dec 9, 2011 6:33 AM

Mar 2010
Only funny moment was Everyone " Yay!!" Natsu" I don't get it" but still happy XD
Everything else I was like I don't care.
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Dec 9, 2011 6:50 AM

Apr 2009
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! This is one of the ridiculous power-ups ever.
This manga is worse than Bleach now...fuck these constant asspulls.

Gerard is a c*nt and a miserable excuse of an antihero, he should die already.
Raven Tail and all other major players apparently did NOTHING but jerk off for seven years. Well, except setting up this bullshit tournament to harvest magic or some similar shit that will be resolved thanks to Natsu's upgraded NAKAMA PUNCH.
I really hope Mashima finishes this shit in 3 arcs and gets himself a good writer before starting his next manga. And it had so much potential for the first 50 chapters....
NidhoeggrDec 9, 2011 6:58 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 9, 2011 6:51 AM
Jul 2011
I am the only one who noticed Ivan?
Dec 9, 2011 7:56 AM
Sep 2007
hahah there is the random bullshit power up!
Hi
Dec 9, 2011 8:29 AM

Jan 2009
Exkalamity said:
Normally when you see something like the bridge repairing itself, and you think "that must be reverse-time magic; it must be Ultear!" that sort of insight is supposed to give the reader a little rush. Not with me and Fairy Tail. I thought "Oh God it's Ultear *Facepalm* their training dilemma is solved with a cop-out solution *sigh*"
*2 pages later worst fears unsurprisingly come true*
I did the same facepalm.

Exkalamity said:
--edit--
Ok question for the fanbois: Ultear obviously had a change in heart. Before bashing poor pacing in the character development, I should ask: Why did she need to have a change of heart in the first place? Everything about her evil actions was shrouded by mystery, and that mystery has to be resolved before the reader can appreciate the character growth a change in alliance brings. Ultear just seemed to be randomly evil, so this sudden change of heart seems very underwhelming. So all you faithful followers of Fairy Tail: What's the deal with Ultear?
The mystery behind her was unraveled already.
Ruri-San said:
They were never portrayed to be a dark guild.

Dec 9, 2011 8:41 AM

Jan 2008
Well, I too figured out that Ultear would be their power up. And if nothing else, it was half explained about how Fairy Tail was able to always pull a win out of their @$$ with that external container. I guess "family" allows you to unlock it easier, and this magic boost will cause them to immediately get it. I'm sure Ultear and the others will be all shocked next issue that the team's able to access with less pain than she had anticipated.

Still, it was a cop out. I was hoping that she was going to use her power to age their abilities seven years and three months. Not pull a Naruto and give each character two chakra pools.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 9, 2011 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
There's the uber hax power up we all knew was coming.
Dec 9, 2011 8:42 AM

Dec 2007
If you consider that Mashima could just let them train for the three months instead of making them waste it on the Spirit's realm, then all this power up thing is done just for the lulz; or a way to introduce a bit of trama in an otherwise irrelevand training arc.

Exkalamity said:
--edit--

Mystery? As far as I remember, Urteal wanted Zeref's power to complete her Time Arc and turn time back to the point when she was abandoned by her mother, to change that past and live happily ever after. She did not care abot what she did or who she killed because she would change the past anyway.
Some Gray's intervention and a Deus ex Machina (which is latin for "Ur is the ocean") later, she discovers that her mother did not abandon her and all the crimes she has done are irreversible. Then she has the change of hearth.
undead_blopaDec 9, 2011 8:49 AM
Dec 9, 2011 8:51 AM

Jul 2009
Gemini_Ragnar said:
I am the only one who noticed Ivan?

Nope. ;)
bskbob said:
every guild comes with their full force however we still have not seen the 3 remaining powerhouses of Sabertooth.

Queen_Stars said:

Ruri-san said:

My point exactly! ;)

lol all the Raven tail mages look like crazy psychopaths how in the world can ppl think they changed from a yami guild into a light guild that's really beyond me.... obviously they are after FT and have no interested on the Magic Games on the other hand walking into a area full of light mages suggest they are overpowered like shit. Really looking forward to this.

We know they have negitive intentions - nobody beleives they have changed?
The only thing that brings this down (for me) is there apearance during trival times - such a serious and potential great storyline surrounds them, but they pop up during a trival time period where Fairy Tail are only focusing on ranking higher.
If a character like Ivan, who many of us have waited a while to see (an anticipated character), loses along with his entire guild and becomes less of a threat - the more impressionable reader will feel this is a major accomplishment - this saves the author any hard work.
Furthermore, appearing in a fair contest gives them little opportunity to do anything too underhand (at this moment) - seeing as we now have Zeref as a potential villian who's directly interested in the main, what's the shelf life for Raven Tail (a guild not directly in pursuit of the main)?

Dec 9, 2011 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! This is one of the ridiculous power-ups ever.....

Manga been worst than bleach. The only thing good about this chapter was the beautiful Meredy. She is now the most beautiful girl in the manga.

LMFAO @ that power up im not surprised one bit.
Dec 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Jun 2011
The powerup is semi acceptable since it will only increases their magical capacity and will not give them new skills just maybe increase their damage and give more energy. Also if you think about it he just wanted to do this instead of loads of chapters for 3 months and we also got to see Ultear, Jellal and Meredy again.

Btw did Natsu suddenly sexualy awaken or something because he has been quite pervy and really going for the girls the last few chapters, he suddenly seems to have a real intrest in girls his character seems to have changed at some point lol.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 9, 2011 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
Jelall x Ultear bothering Erza. Those 2 spent 7 years together and they has same object now. Zeref !!
Dec 9, 2011 10:44 AM

Jan 2008
Lmfao, still feels like trolling...
Dec 9, 2011 11:12 AM

Mar 2008
I think using Raven Tail now is a waste. Mashima should have the tournament for the sake of the tournament and give Raven Tail its own arc.

Wendy has no reason to worry. Did you see how Meredy grew up?

And Juvia's looked very nice with that hair in the color page.

Mashima tried to be all mysterious with Jellal and Ultear just to show them 4 chapters later...

The new power up is a bit lame.

And why do people keep writing that Natsu has developed an interest in women after the time skip? Remember Lisanna.
Dec 9, 2011 11:36 AM

Nov 2010
undead_blopa said:
If you consider that Mashima could just let them train for the three months instead of making them waste it on the Spirit's realm, then all this power up thing is done just for the lulz; or a way to introduce a bit of trama in an otherwise irrelevand training arc.

Exkalamity said:
--edit--

Mystery? As far as I remember, Urteal wanted Zeref's power to complete her Time Arc and turn time back to the point when she was abandoned by her mother, to change that past and live happily ever after. She did not care abot what she did or who she killed because she would change the past anyway.
Some Gray's intervention and a Deus ex Machina (which is latin for "Ur is the ocean") later, she discovers that her mother did not abandon her and all the crimes she has done are irreversible. Then she has the change of hearth.

Lol thanks. Looks like I just forgot. Good think I held back on trashing something the mangaka actually did right for once. And I like your Latin too, although the translation seems to be a bit liberal to me.

You know what would make Fairy Tail good? Someone as important as Grey dying, and staying dead. Character development commence. First person that comes to mind is Erza, since she's always been a figurehead for the guild, but she needs rape Natsu or Grey first before she can pass on peacefully.
Dec 9, 2011 11:45 AM

Apr 2009
don't really care about the ecchi stuff anymore..

again the bad guys transform in good guys.. and power upgrades..

come on.
Dec 9, 2011 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
oh hai Gerard.

I figured the characters would be able to use this last five days to their advantage. I didn't think it would be this easy to do. Although if that second power is how all the other guilds got stronger, I guess there's a small bit of logic here. Just a small bit, though.
Dec 9, 2011 1:11 PM

Nov 2009
lol...who wasnt expecting the hax power up. im trying really hard not to predict things with this manga or let it live down to my expectations. its not so bad if everything is a "surprise"

that being said, i kind of liked this chapter. much better than the last..i dont know..25 chapters. meredy was so pretty! i hope she gets a bigger role. and i like to see jellal back. hax shit again but still, at least erza has a point in the story when he is in it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
Is it me or FT after timeskip seems...weird? i mean the atmoshpere when i read it is different than before.Dont know why.

but still, Natsu with ''I DONT GET IT :D!'' is priceless lmao.
Dec 9, 2011 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
DeanLeonard said:
Jelall x Ultear bothering Erza. Those 2 spent 7 years together and they has same object now. Zeref !!

I think Erza looked at them with different fear in the eyes. They had 7 long years and Ultear and Meredy are hot. Would Jellal really care all about cleaning dark guilds? After all those cold night in jail... harassed by guards. Starving. And the pretty girls come and save him.
Dec 9, 2011 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
LMAO at Natsu, "I don't get it!" XD

I'm kind of curious at what Erza is bothered about, now it's bothering me :/
Dec 9, 2011 2:17 PM
Jun 2010
Barion-Zara said:
I actually liked this chap quite a lot. Love meredy's new look.
When i first saw ultear i thought that she's gonna use her time ability like a hyperbolic time chamber.

Same.

Is it just me or is Natsu getting more into women. He's been noticing women a lot more lately like when he was peeking at the girls 2 chapters ago and how he noticed Ultear as being a woman or something. He seemed more indifferent about women seeing as how he's fallen between Lucy's chest multiple times and didn't react like most guys would.

Good chapter. Liked seeing those guys turn over a new leaf and I guess I'm an idiot for thinking Meredy was just a shota boy before and was like O-O when I saw that she had boobs. I think I thought she was a girl at first but then forgot and thought of her as a boy for the remainder of the last arc.

Didn't like the convenience of the power up too much though. Not that much originality but hey, a lot of shounens are like that. I can only name a few good ones that aren't like that.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Dec 9, 2011 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
I LOVED new chapter. Not only did we get to see Jellal and Ultear, and not only did Meredy become a hottie, Hiro finally is going to bring Ivan Dreyar & Co into the game. Can't wait.
Dec 9, 2011 3:06 PM
Jun 2010
when did gerard come into contact with zeref o.O
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 9, 2011 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
this powerup better not have Fairy Tail win.
Dec 9, 2011 4:17 PM
Nov 2010
SleepnDreamn said:
Ultear and Meredy are still looking hot :3 that is all I need. Natsu approves of Ultear development.

agreed

SoFarGone said:
this powerup better not have Fairy Tail win.

I hope the powerup doesn't make them too powerful, just enough for them to be somewhat a threat for those other guilds.
Z-flameDec 9, 2011 8:19 PM
Dec 9, 2011 4:34 PM

Oct 2009
The only thing I liked in this chapter was the power-up of 2 very obvious
females.

If he's going to take this easy-power-up approach, he should at least do a mini arc showing the "training" they go through. Convenience =/= entertainment ._. (Scratch that, sometimes it's true. I don't think so here though.)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SakataKintoki&sclick=1]
Dec 9, 2011 7:48 PM

Oct 2010
The tattoo... *stunned* ._. You're out of prison? Jellal? That was a short sentence..
Dec 9, 2011 8:48 PM

May 2011
Finally, the better characters make a comeback. LAXUS, Jellal and Ultear is all I need in this manga.

Ultear surpassed my expectations, in every single way. She was always the best female, and now she widened the gap even more. Hot doesn't even begin to describe her. ^^
Dec 9, 2011 9:14 PM

Jun 2011
JadedLover said:
Ruri-San said:
They were never portrayed to be a dark guild.

Actually, they already mentioned that Raven Tail is a Dark Guild. It was mentioned in chapter 128, page 19. Even Fairy Tail Wiki said so.
Dec 9, 2011 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
I thought maybe not reading the new chapter last week so that I could read two in a row this week might help me get more into this manga again. Instead I found I was constantly checking what page number I was up to to see how much more I needed to read. -_-;

I'm honestly getting bored with Fairy Tail. I used to love it but ever since this time skip arc started the whole story has been all over the place. It feels like it's constantly jumping from one thing to the next and I still don't see the point in the time skip happening at all. This tournament thing seems to have just come out of nowhere and it really doesn't interest me one bit. And what was with that instant power-up crap?
Dec 10, 2011 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
raven card is out?not a good timing imo hope they don't end up like the previous villains(although with the stupid faces they were making it is unlikely ...)
ultear broke out jelal just like that?so if they team up with erza they can deal with the whole ft universe i guess and if they team up with natsu they can rule over it ...
and jelal was right he is blessed with stupid women around himself xD like everyone else i was expecting more from the whole jelal prison situation although it seems there is something else going on.jelal probably know something more and is planning to sacrifice himself or something like that.thats why erza is worried.(or maybe she was planning to have a threesome with natsu and gray and now it is ruined since jelal won't share xD w/e it is i hope jelal is not evil again since it is going to be so boring)
amirhossDec 11, 2011 10:46 PM
Dec 10, 2011 3:39 AM

Feb 2010
Fairy Tail is getting weirder and weirder.

Thats all I have to say this week.
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Dec 10, 2011 8:49 AM
Mar 2010
I guess Mashima can't reserve giant asspulls for only his fights, hes gota extend them to training. And I really don't like where this is going with Raven Tail. I was hoping they'd be a major player down the road, but it doesn't seem like that'll be the case. Especially cause in Fairy Tail, looking weird=weak.
Dec 10, 2011 10:54 AM

May 2011
Just one cliche bullshit cop-out after another. Then again, this is Mashima we're talking about. *face-palm*
Dec 10, 2011 12:50 PM

Mar 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! This is one of the ridiculous power-ups ever.
This manga is worse than Bleach now...fuck these constant asspulls.

Gerard is a c*nt and a miserable excuse of an antihero, he should die already.
Raven Tail and all other major players apparently did NOTHING but jerk off for seven years. Well, except setting up this bullshit tournament to harvest magic or some similar shit that will be resolved thanks to Natsu's upgraded NAKAMA PUNCH.
I really hope Mashima finishes this shit in 3 arcs and gets himself a good writer before starting his next manga. And it had so much potential for the first 50 chapters....

Don't like it, don't read it. Fairy Tail is far better than bleach, just look at the ratings. Just because 1 filler chapter comes out everyone starts bawwing and whining.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 298 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Azokrad - Sep 7, 2012

242 by aoo-kun »»
May 13, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 297 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

azeriraz - Aug 31, 2012

284 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 296 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyon5 - Aug 24, 2012

324 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 295 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Aug 17, 2012

95 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 294 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Aug 3, 2012

121 by aoo-kun »»
May 11, 8:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.