Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2011 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
how yahiro's brother saw that yahiro was actually a bad person who deals drugs and deep down saw him as a burden who wanted to "cut" his life

I'm pretty sure he did not see that.....

Segai, Daryl, and Dan are the only characters I find interesting atm :p

whoops yea, i worded that wrong i meant to say that his brother realized (by looking into his heart/void) he was a bad person, (because yahiro was a guy who deals drugs and he betrayed shu blablabla) and that yahiro wanted to kill his little brother, correct me if im wrong but he basically can see the bad side of peoples hearts along with their voids, he even said that shu might have a bad side to him if im not mistaken
Dec 8, 2011 3:33 PM

May 2010
Posting for the sole fact of that epic soundtrack near the end. Holy shit, that was pure awesomeness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2011 3:56 PM

Feb 2011
Well, after the last few episode being pretty lame, imo, this was finally a good one again.

Segai and Dan are so awesome. SHOW SOME GUTS!
Dec 8, 2011 4:09 PM

Nov 2011
whoops yea, i worded that wrong i meant to say that his brother realized (by looking into his heart/void) he was a bad person, (because yahiro was a guy who deals drugs and he betrayed shu blablabla) and that yahiro wanted to kill his little brother, correct me if im wrong but he basically can see the bad side of peoples hearts along with their voids, he even said that shu might have a bad side to him if im not mistaken

He didn't realize he was a "bad person", he realized that "deep down" his brother was starting to feel that he was a burden(or something, since stuff usually gets retarded and muddled once they start talking about how people feel "DEEP DOWN INSIDE" regardless of how their actions that would imply differently). He doesn't think his brother is a bad person at all. Hes just "tired of seeing unkind sides to kind people" and is afraid he may start hating.

But hey who wouldn't go mad practically being a quadriplegic and being forced to live.
Dec 8, 2011 4:40 PM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode, a little fast paced though. This episode made me think of like a thousand questions too. lol. I wonder what the significance of the song Inori and Gai were talking about. It seemed sort of random. And why was Shu's face all scribbled out when Daryl looked and him through his Endlave AND What exactly was that device on Daryl's Endlave actually mean't to do to Shu if it did catch him? ._. As you can see I think about this a lot.
Tomodachi5Dec 8, 2011 5:13 PM
Dec 8, 2011 4:44 PM

Jun 2011
i liked
Dec 8, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2011
That episode wasn't that bad actually. The story itself isn't that bad, the mechanics work, just remove the shitty characters. It's pathetic when the most interesting character(arguably Gai) is cliche enough to homogenize. The show does have a great OST, and high production quality, and it did decent this episode mainly due to the absence of a certain pink-haired apathetic sex slave.

4/5; scoring relative to all the piece of shit episodes so far, it's good. There's still huge flaws of logic, but this show has such low standards now.
Dec 8, 2011 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
What was the deal with the sniper guys? Aren't they supposed to be professional at what they do and get it right the first time? And on top of that, there was two people aiming at them. No, now its clear they're being shot at and still wanting to push a crate of stolen goods knowing you won't make out alive with it anyway? This whole series needed a better director.
removed-userDec 8, 2011 5:17 PM
Dec 8, 2011 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
I know everyone's sick of the Code Geass comparisons, but this episode furthered my hypothesis that

But yeah, dramaaaaaa. It was only a matter of time before something really broke poor little Shu.
Ha-cha!
Dec 8, 2011 5:59 PM

Jun 2009
LightningRamiel said:
I know everyone's sick of the Code Geass comparisons, but this episode furthered my hypothesis that Hare is going to be the next Shirley. And she's such a good girl

don't forget SUZAKU. oopss, I meant Yahiro!
Dec 8, 2011 6:03 PM

Nov 2009
Best episode yet but that isnt saying much because GC has been bad so far.

I really liked this episode because we had no fancervice and no Inori. Seriously Inori is one of the worst female characters I've ever seen. She is just a walking fanservice with no personality. Maybe she will turn to be a robot near the end... now that would be a nice twist.
Dec 8, 2011 6:34 PM

Aug 2010
The villains are outdoing Shu, Gai, Inori, and all the others imo. They are just more enjoyable characters.

Loved the ending art though.
Dec 8, 2011 6:46 PM

Sep 2011
This is a bit more interesting now. Finally! They remembered that there was an apocalypse happened!

Did they change directors this episode? because this is going in the right direction.

will post opinions later
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 8, 2011 7:11 PM

Apr 2010
wtb more Ayase screentime. Most interesting character even with such little screentime so far.

Or for the other characters to catch up to her I guess.
Dec 8, 2011 7:46 PM

Jun 2011
Although this is still a huge improvement from last week's atrocity I can't bring myself to like this show. Shu wasn't all too have bad, gotta have guts from having a sniper shoot at your feet and have no reaction to it at all. Or maybe that was just bad direction, who knows~

The only real thing this show has going for it is the music, I really like it.
Dec 8, 2011 7:50 PM

Jun 2011
Well Hare found out about Shu pretty much the same way Shirley found out about Lelouch. I would probably put money on Hare dying some tragic death just like Shirley as well then, well thats going to suck could they not just blow that soulless doll Inori away instead?

Why did Shu have to have to say he killed Jun in the most vague unexplained way possible is he trying to get his head beaten in? At least explain it a little so Yahiro knows what the hell happened to his little brother.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 8, 2011 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
Finally a good episode. An episode with little Inori is good.
Dec 8, 2011 9:02 PM

Aug 2011

...Guys.

Wait for it...

There. I said it. The words I never thought I'd say again.

Wanna know why?

'Nuff said.

...Okay, it wouldn't be a Draconis post without SOME criticism. The snipers (but they were probably firing for effect) and Hare being near the action, but somehow unharmed the whole time. And the FUCKING PICTURE AT THE END. God... GTFO. But that was really it.

Be amazed, everyone.
Dec 8, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2010
DraconisMarch said:

I call bullshit. =D
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 8, 2011 9:17 PM

Aug 2011
Roloko said:
DraconisMarch said:

I call bullshit. =D
Yeah me too. What the fuck is this shit? Someone obviously got on my account and posted that when I was AFK.

...But just LOOK at that picture.

LOOK AT IT.
Dec 8, 2011 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
Critiquing now begins!

Best episode do far: The direction was good and the effects of the sound were good also. I feel a bit more about the past now.

"WTFS:" Hare somehow following Shu unscathed, and Guards nit aiming for Shu. Plus WHY dies Hare like Shu has yet to be explained

WIL(what I liked): Ayase screentime! Shu admitting ti killing someone, Gaya. I'm guessing this will be the beginning to where Shu becomes Not-a-coward and is rolling to kill? That's what the episode's objective seemed like to me.

So, Yahiro the asshole has to hide his little brother and sell illegal drugs. The Anti-Bodies are after them and he pleads Shu for help. What? He just betrayed the MC in the beginning now us asking for help?

Daryl again...... They're trying force him into a MC too hard, I'm disliking this guy with passion.
It didn't explain why the virus is taking over a machine. Could they be..... EVANGELIONS!!!???(Aka not machines)

Why did Shu have to kill Jun? Apparently Jun thinks his hate is cutting his brother's life?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 8, 2011 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
tsubasalover said:

The enemy got the boy's power. Shu was not able to save him. The robot is in berserk. That power vs Shu, and he saw a space created by the girl's memory. His void is to kill the life and she asked him to kill her to stop her berserk in the robot.

Wasn't that Jun? And he's a BOY, correct?

So, from what I got out of this episode:

1. Gai and Jun have the same virus. Inori's blood might be the cure.

2. The voids and whatever was growing out of Jun is somehow related from what was said about it being similar.

What was with Shu's face being blurred there to his detector radar thing?
removed-userDec 8, 2011 9:40 PM
Dec 8, 2011 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
I just know this episode was ok. I'll be damn if i watch it next week.

You just know that bitch ass Shu will be all sad next week and wont man up until the last 30 seconds with Inori saving his ass like always.
Dec 8, 2011 9:44 PM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Best episode do far
Nope. That was episode 1.
Dec 8, 2011 10:21 PM
Nov 2011
Lestrade said:
I'm pleased to see that GC is finally heading in the right direction and focuses more on the things that made this series interesting in the first place and less on the comedy/fanservice aspect though it still can change in the next episode. So, basically people who got infected with this virus can see voids? I didn't expect this turn but it certainly makes the disease appear more complex.

one episode doesn't make it head towards the right direction.
Dec 8, 2011 10:45 PM

Nov 2011
bonifide said:
I just know this episode was ok. I'll be damn if i watch it next week.

You just know that bitch ass Shu will be all sad next week and wont man up until the last 30 seconds with Inori saving his ass like always.

He just killed someone. He has a right to be sad.
Dec 8, 2011 10:50 PM

Sep 2009
Hope they include the end cards in the BD/DVD release *drools*
Dec 8, 2011 10:51 PM
Feb 2009
dameeeee sht went down
Dec 8, 2011 11:01 PM
Jan 2010
GodlyKyon said:

Did they change directors this episode? because this is going in the right direction.

That was exactly my thought.

Could it be that the autor is changing every episode?
Dec 8, 2011 11:08 PM

Aug 2009
I'm telling you guys, the less Inori we see, the better the show it will be.
Dec 8, 2011 11:13 PM

Nov 2011
Tomodachi5 said:

except hes in a terrorist organisation.... which you know kinda kills people >.>

how about his hand at the massacre of GHQ soldiers in ep 2?
Dec 8, 2011 11:42 PM

Jul 2011
Mephist said:
Tomodachi5 said:

except hes in a terrorist organisation.... which you know kinda kills people >.>

how about his hand at the massacre of GHQ soldiers in ep 2?

Soldiers in the heat of battle and a boy in cold blood, even if it was to save someone else, isn't exactly the same thing.
Dec 8, 2011 11:56 PM
Nov 2011
Karhu said:
Some flaws, not so big of a deals, but.

Unbearable mistake:

- Sniper scene. I mean what the fuck? They get order to shoot. Bullet comes near to Shu's feet. And what does Shu do? He stands still and talks like 30 seconds. No sniper man is shooting anymore. I seriously can't ever understand what the director was thinking. Ruined the mood for that scene completely and once again showed that everything will be okay, no matter what.
- Why didn't they use any music in the beginning of that memory scene? That was stupid.
- What were Shu's motives on risking his life once again? Reason was to save the one he killed, yeah.

Otherwise less clusterfuck than other episodes.

Some answers was given and this episode made nice looking settings. Seems like it could go for better, at least in some direction, finally.

Kurimu-chan said:
Also, how the hell did Shu's friend survive all of the robots, etc. while still maintaining the ability to view Shu fighting and not being in danger herself? ._. Or fleeing...? Just... no...

Good point. Director ignored.

Before I comment I just like to point quote this, I was actually going to post the same questions, but someone did it before me :/ cool. Especially the sniper part, what kind of professional snipers who took aim for 10 seconds miss that badly ? Although the pause is feasible due to shock/surprise.
Someone mentioned this as well, great point. How did that girl get around so unscathed and undetected in a professional operation? That makes little sense.

Overall I loved this episode, I like the direction this serie is heading and I can see Shu's development tree already. That's a good thing, since as most of us complained through the first 8 episode on the lack of progress in character.
Shu's development
naturally a coward -> gain confidence from victories as any grown boys would -> see death up and close for the first time, what's worse he was the one who dealt the killing blow

now, this can go several directions:
1. Shu goes in shock for a few episode, and get comfort from Inori (most likely)
2. Shu realize the reality of war, and then form his own philosophy on the situation and move on. (least likely, you usually only see this in seinen, or blood gore, random death series. again, it's just not common route to follow)

This show is showing plot and layers for the first time, which is a positive. I enjoy this series and I will continue to enjoy the serie even if it crash downhill, but I hope this good trend continue. Someone made a good point about this serie getting rushed. I think it needs better pacing as well, if they really need to, just add more episodes or extend a season 2 instead of rushing together an incomplete piece.

Edit: I like to add a side note here, unless your demented, the seinen portrayal of how easily people kill one another , is very rare. Not going to say it doesn't happen, but it's very rare. It's not easy to kill anyone, have you considered killing or to kill? Shu never actually liked the idea of killing to begin with, he joined the organization involuntarily, and never previously in any episode killed anyone up close.
Think of it this way. You don't think much when your driving a killing machine and killed another killing machine. In this show, generally speaking there is no one in the machines anyways. But when you see them die in front of you, from there, even professional soldiers have to make a choice. Most surviver WW soldiers tell story of puking after their first kill.
Indirect killing and up and close killing is also completely different. In psychology there is a basic term called "defense mechanism", is when you lead yourself into thinking it's not your fault. To shell yourself from pain and emotional scars. Happen often in wars, to snipers and bombers especially who never seen live dead soldiers in front of them, few feet away.

And yes, I've spoken to numerous survivors personally, and well, unless you don't go to school we've all seen documentaries as well.
mike13531Dec 9, 2011 12:08 AM
Dec 9, 2011 12:01 AM

Feb 2010
Wow. Shu showed alot of confidence in this episode.
Even went ahead and killed someone too. o.O
Dec 9, 2011 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
Tanrim said:
Soldiers in the heat of battle and a boy in cold blood, even if it was to save someone else, isn't exactly the same thing.

Pretty sure he didn't kill him "in cold blood"(look it up yourself :P) though I get(?) what you're trying to say and its incorrect regardless of what manga/anime tell you, if he had accidently killed him that would be another matter.

Personally I thought he was sad because Yahiro entrusted his brother(who he slaved away for) to him and he ended up killing him. Would make alot more sense than him being sad just because he killed someone after all hes done but GC doesn't exactly follow logic so who knows.
Dec 9, 2011 12:37 AM

Jul 2011
Mephist said:
Tanrim said:

Pretty sure he didn't kill him "in cold blood"(look it up yourself :P) though I get(?) what you're trying to say and its incorrect regardless of what manga/anime tell you, if he had accidently killed him that would be another matter.

Personally I thought he was sad because Yahiro entrusted his brother(who he slaved away for) to him and he ended up killing him. Would make alot more sense than him being sad just because he killed someone after all hes done but GC doesn't exactly follow logic so who knows.

in cold blood
Deliberately, coldly, and dispassionately.

I'm well aware of what it means, actually. I just used it in a bit different context to point out the extreme differences between the two.

Bit of both I think but, yeah, it probably has more to do with Yahiro. Personally I'd be a lot more bothered by killing the kid then how it related to Yahiro but that's just me. People tend to to give more weight to things relating to the people near them, though, so I can see it from that angle. He didn't really know Jun, after all.

It was a really bad lose-lose situation, we'll see where it goes from here.

Regardless, it's really hard to say what Shu's views on killing are since pretty much no time has been given to it. I would suspect that he has a lot less problem taking the lives of soldiers then someone like Jun because they seem a lot different. One is the bad guys that murder innocent people, the other is a poor kid trying not to kill his own brother.
TanrimDec 9, 2011 12:44 AM
Dec 9, 2011 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
mike13531 said:
Especially the sniper part, what kind of professional snipers who took aim for 10 seconds miss that badly ? Although the pause is feasible due to shock/surprise.
Someone mentioned this as well, great point.

I mentioned this eairler in the thread, but it's pretty obvious they weren't shooting to kill, but to try and spook them into taking cover in a building, thus sending them into a trap where they could be captured.
Dec 9, 2011 12:55 AM

Jul 2011
Anzekay said:
mike13531 said:
Especially the sniper part, what kind of professional snipers who took aim for 10 seconds miss that badly ? Although the pause is feasible due to shock/surprise.

I mentioned this eairler in the thread, but it's pretty obvious they weren't shooting to kill, but to try and spook them into taking cover in a building, thus sending them into a trap where they could be captured.

That makes sense from the point of view of the snipers but doesn't explain Shu and Yahiro's lackluster reaction. "Gee, someone is shooting at us? Let's just take a casual stroll this way." Yahiro almost seemed bored, really unenergetic and deadpan.
TanrimDec 9, 2011 12:58 AM
Dec 9, 2011 12:59 AM
Nov 2009
as an individual episode its not bad but taking in consideration the whole anime it was -_-.

When did shu change? did i miss an episode or something what the hell made him to change? Not sure i think i am missing something.
Dec 9, 2011 1:04 AM

Apr 2010
Tanrim said:
Anzekay said:
mike13531 said:

That makes sense from the point of view of the snipers but doesn't explain Shu and Yahiro's lackluster reaction. "Gee, someone is shooting at us? Let's just take a casual stroll this way." Yahiro almost seemed bored, really unenergetic and deadpan.

But either way, Shu's reaction wasn't perfect but he was certainly "OH SHIT" for a moment before Yahiro calmed him down a few seconds later. The whole exchange was around 15 seconds, and right after that the warning shots continued. It's pretty simple to work out that if they didn't shoot to kill to begin with, it's just warning shots. And GHQ has captured Shu before, it's reasonable for him to expect them to only want to capture him again.

It wasn't a perfect scene, no, but I think it did what it needed to. This really is pretty minor thing though, honestly. It's just that GC has got to the point where most people are nitpicking at it automatically :P
AnzekayDec 9, 2011 1:07 AM
Dec 9, 2011 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
Now we get to see Ayase knitting. Can she get any better?

Dec 9, 2011 1:15 AM

Sep 2011
I just hope Shu doesn't get depressed because he killed someone and stops talking to people.
qvnsq said:
When did shu change? did i miss an episode or something what the hell made him to change? Not sure i think i am missing something.

I thought the exact same thing. He suddenly wasn't a wuss anymore. ¬¬

Signature by DarkfireXtreme

"Who the hell do you think I am?"
Dec 9, 2011 1:18 AM

Apr 2010
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:

I totally called her as the best character in this show ages ago :D
Dec 9, 2011 2:08 AM

Apr 2011
Thats it, I know exactly what is wrong with this anime: Tetsurou Araki is an incapable director, just as simple as that. I wish the producer could cut his head o-, I mean replaced him with a more capable person. *sigh*

CrazyMotoka said:
I just hope Shu doesn't get depressed because he killed someone and stops talking to people.

Thats not the point, Shu said to Yahiro that he (Yahiro) is a traitor while he (Shu) himself is not. So, he promised that he (Shu) will save both of them (especially, Jun). But, in the end, Jun who are the priority V.I.P got killed. And worst of all, by someone who promised to protect him.

There should be a drama inside it, but like I said. Tetsurou is a h*ntai maniac, so he should direct more porn rather than anime. *Cough* of The Dead *cough*

ps: sorry for the rude words, but the director is really ticked me off by his crappy directing (and his fetishes).
Dec 9, 2011 2:22 AM

Jun 2011
I actually liked this episode. Finally, some depth to this series. There were some glaring errors in directing (e.g. snipers and hare), but meh. At least its going somewhere now. lol

5/5
Dec 9, 2011 3:38 AM
Jun 2008
Epic episode !
this is a 3/3 for me =)
Dec 9, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2011
LostGamer said:
Hope they include the end cards in the BD/DVD release *drools*
Good God dude. You might as well just go fap off to porn instead. It's only one step away.
Dec 9, 2011 4:20 AM
Jun 2011
"you and the void you draw will be the key to this operation"
and
"if you can't do it, you don't have to. just stay in bed"
Dec 9, 2011 4:55 AM

Oct 2010
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
I though it was to show a more girlish side to her than previously was shown.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 9, 2011 4:58 AM
Nov 2011
CrazyMotoka said:
qvnsq said:

I thought the exact same thing. He suddenly wasn't a wuss anymore. ¬¬

Here, remember the episode where he confronted Gai and disagreed with him in public? Then Inori led him to this room to have that conversation with Gai? After Gai revealed his weaknesses to Shu, Shu openned up to him and said he would help.
That's when things changed.

I mean I'm pretty positive when I say I'm one of the biggest GC fans out there, and honestly speaking this show has its share of flaws, but some improvement have be recognized, as little as it may be. The change in that episode was obvious, unless you fast forwarded. After that episode the reception improved quite a bit, then it came a few tasteless episode that couldn't balance between fan service and plot. (IMO, fan service episode should be separated from a plot episode, if it's for the eye candy, let us enjoy it fully ), same thing with the plot. That last episode was a great example, halfed assed everything. Better to be best at one thing than average at everything.

@draconis
:P, let the man have some fun, good grief, I mean no matter how much you deny it, unless your gay or a girl, all guys would enjoy the sight of it. (and no, nothing is wrong with gays)
mike13531Dec 9, 2011 5:05 AM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.