Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2011 5:12 AM
Jun 2008
qvnsq said:

When did shu change? did i miss an episode or something what the hell made him to change? Not sure i think i am missing something.
nahh, you didn't miss any episode.
This is his first time he taking command on his own and he fail terribly without Gai's guidance.This mission is his first failure and also his first step into an independence leader or maybe also his last mission lol.

A few episode ago, I heard he was saying why Gai should be a leader, and what so great about him .Now look at shuu >.>"
Lets see next episode will he stand up and be a man and move on =)
Dec 9, 2011 5:13 AM

Jul 2008
Guilty Crown's certainly reinforcing itself for the "to be dropped" position. I gave it up until the halfway mark, so there's still 2 eps left to finally decide. But things aren't looking good in terms of avoiding the drop.
Dec 9, 2011 5:22 AM
Nov 2011
OMFG!!!! =))
Scarface Segai should be the main character! I bet it would get thousands to love this series if so! >:D

His behavior to his superior Dan, He sure knows how to get ahead :P
I wanna become like scarface when i grow up! >.<
Dec 9, 2011 5:34 AM

Oct 2010
No matter how much we argue with Shu, he still is a failure for not protecting Jun when he should have been. IMO Shu was just spaced out. I mean following is failure ,

no matter how you look at it.

BTW Segai is going so to hell for the following,

poor nun. Segai can suck himself up for me. Although he is much more interesting than Shu, it's more Daryl's father I am getting more interested. That assistant I mentioned last episode is interesting too.
ArcanaTrace said:
But gotta admit Yahiro's void is pretty power cutting the lives of people?
Not really. Shiki had that power from that anime. It's about cutting people's lines but you need to see them. Guess that void does that too. That is hwy he was able to see Jun's red line around him and cut it.

Indeed it is powerful if you can get the person out like Jun. You can the pretty much kill anyone without any defences in the way or even being near the actual person.

Indeed as Yahiro's nature suggests his void is one that betrays your own life. That is the cutting of your life line.
Yumekichi11Dec 9, 2011 5:40 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 9, 2011 6:14 AM
Nov 2011
entropy13 said:
Guilty Crown's certainly reinforcing itself for the "to be dropped" position. I gave it up until the halfway mark, so there's still 2 eps left to finally decide. But things aren't looking good in terms of avoiding the drop.

Really? I wouldn't be at all surprised if you said this last week. This week should be improvement, not reinforcing a drop. Now, last episode, was reinforcing a drop with it's mixture of nothings.

That's okay, it's not for everyone. Now this is only advice, you don't have to take it, drop it if you really feel disheartened, because if you watch the updated episodes feeling disappointed before even watching it takes away from the enjoyment. If you do choose to stick around for a few more, keep an open mind, give it a fresh chance every week. If you can't, I understand, but it will just be a waste of time. We watch anime for fun :/ , there are plenty of other things you can do if you just want to pass time.

Shu changed when he and Gai had that supposed heart to heart conversation, when Shu chose to help him on his own free will in that operation. It was reinforced later when he took out the blade from Inori to protect Gai from dying.
From my prospective it was pretty easy to catch , but now looking back from a more common prospective, I guess the development was :
1. rushed
2. not shown soon after (maybe in a subtle manner, but not obvious)

mike13531Dec 9, 2011 6:17 AM
Dec 9, 2011 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
idk why but, the best episode so far is the episode that haven't much scene of Inori and Gai which is the two main character i hate the most #theirony lol

i feel kinda feeling bad for Jun to have such an asshole brother like Yahiro
although he was a good brother but yea i'm biased, i just hate that bastard :b

yes mooooore of evil Shu plz ¬‿‿¬

still hoping for more scene of Kido Kenji in this series *sigh*
Dec 9, 2011 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Indeed as Yahiro's nature suggests his void is one that betrays your own life. That is the cutting of your life line.

You kinda reached for that one. What he felt "deep inside" was the desire to cut away his burden (though if he truly felt that he would have let the military kill Jun at the hospital, since he could convince himself he had no choice, rather than try to escape the military while carrying the dead weight), so he has scissors... which cut things....
Dec 9, 2011 7:15 AM
Jun 2008
Hekshi_Sekshi said:
idk why but, the best episode so far is the episode that haven't much scene of Inori and Gai which is the two main character i hate the most #theirony lol
Everything is too godly or over well planned if these 2 show up >.>"
Dec 9, 2011 7:16 AM

Aug 2011
mike13531 said:
@draconis
:P, let the man have some fun, good grief, I mean no matter how much you deny it, unless your gay or a girl, all guys would enjoy the sight of it. (and no, nothing is wrong with gays)
Just because you don't want to see that shit doesn't mean you're gay or don't like girls.

Like, seriously... what the fuck is the point of that? Nothing.
Dec 9, 2011 8:32 AM

Jul 2011
Mephist said:
whoops yea, i worded that wrong i meant to say that his brother realized (by looking into his heart/void) he was a bad person, (because yahiro was a guy who deals drugs and he betrayed shu blablabla) and that yahiro wanted to kill his little brother, correct me if im wrong but he basically can see the bad side of peoples hearts along with their voids, he even said that shu might have a bad side to him if im not mistaken

He didn't realize he was a "bad person", he realized that "deep down" his brother was starting to feel that he was a burden(or something, since stuff usually gets retarded and muddled once they start talking about how people feel "DEEP DOWN INSIDE" regardless of how their actions that would imply differently). He doesn't think his brother is a bad person at all. Hes just "tired of seeing unkind sides to kind people" and is afraid he may start hating.

But hey who wouldn't go mad practically being a quadriplegic and being forced to live.

that makes so much more sense,i was mistaken i thought it was seeing his "bad side" when it really was seeing "Deep down inside" thanks for correcting me :)
Dec 9, 2011 9:38 AM
Dec 2010
This episode created a whole new crapload of questions regarding the entire Guilty Crown world.

WTF is the apocalypse virus actually? How come Jun can see voids? Does this mean that Gai is infected too?

How come Jun can suddenly "force" the apocalypse crystals to emit the same wavelength as Yahiro's Void? Is that an ability of all the infected? Does it work on ANY void weapon?

And how come Jun can purposefully transfer the apocalypse virus onto something that is entirely mechanical(endlave)? Was it only due to the mental breakdown or is that yet another mysterious ability of the infected?

How do the life-severing shears work at all? Does Shu HAVE TO enter the "dream world" in order to sever others' lives?

I'm looking forward to all of these answered concisely within the next few episodes.
Dec 9, 2011 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
newnar said:
WTF is the apocalypse virus actually? How come Jun can see voids? Does this mean that Gai is infected too?
That's exactly what i'm thinking, Gai was shown going into the room with Inori alone a few episodes back and getting a blood transfusion(was that it?). It could be her blood can slow down the Apocypse cancer so much that crystals don't even appear on the body.
As for your "How come Jun this and that", i think it might've not been him at all, crystals could as well transfer on their own.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 9, 2011 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
This is probably the best episode from GC so far, i actually liked it.
Dec 9, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2011
My favorite episode so far. The writers managed to pull of some emotion here and we got a great episode due to it. Hope the episodes carry on with this quality and if they do, the show will certainly end up as a great anime.
Dec 9, 2011 11:10 AM
Jan 2011
Is it the translation or is Jun a boy? Co'z the translation on Shu's side refers to Jun as a he, and It looks like there is a girl who has a crush on Shu who saw everything, now what's gonna happen to her?
Dec 9, 2011 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
This is a huge improvement for this show, and makes up for last weeks shitty episode.

There is still stuff I don't like about it, like Inori the Dull or Shus sudden personality change

but this was overall an entertain episode.
Dec 9, 2011 12:37 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah...... I don't think changing directors like this us a good idea, it shows inconsistent quality.This episode was really good actually. I want go know just what is the virus.

And gotta love Ayase. I really liked her since she showed up. And I hope Shu becomes a Simon-esque character.

The less Inori really seems better. More Ayase!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 9, 2011 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
lol you guys are totally neglecting the main heroine but i have to agree that the episode went strangely well without inori or even gai

i was strangely happy when i got to see Ayase, she was knitting! and i couldn't help smiling at how girly she looked :D
Dec 9, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
I wish they were a little more clear on how much Hare saw. She wasn't shown at all during the entire fight sequence.
Dec 9, 2011 1:33 PM
Apr 2011
the was def the best episode yet and i think it made me get excited again for this anime. lots of growth on shu's character and less of a clusterfuck of a story. def gonna keep watching this if it keeps going the way it is. and again they might as well just throw out inori x shu relationship and build the romance around any other character cause that would make this 10 times better (you could prolly just kill of inori and i wouldnt have a problem, its not like she is much of a character anyways and i havent got attached too her one bit). i think after this epiosde anyone who calls shu a pussy is just grasping for something cause he was impressive in this episode to say the least
Dec 9, 2011 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
lol you guys are totally neglecting the main heroine but i have to agree that the episode went strangely well without inori or even gai

i was strangely happy when i got to see Ayase, she was knitting! and i couldn't help smiling at how girly she looked :D

That's because very small amount of the fanbase actually gives care about her. She just isn't a character enough.

TsukiumiFanboy said:
the was def the best episode yet and i think it made me get excited again for this anime. lots of growth on shu's character and less of a clusterfuck of a story. def gonna keep watching this if it keeps going the way it is. and again they might as well just throw out inori x shu relationship and build the romance around any other character cause that would make this 10 times better (you could prolly just kill of inori and i wouldnt have a problem, its not like she is much of a character anyways and i havent got attached too her one bit). i think after this epiosde anyone who calls shu a pussy is just grasping for something cause he was impressive in this episode to say the least

Pretty much. I have Atase on the top of the list.
Dec 9, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Yeah...... I don't think changing directors like this us a good idea, it shows inconsistent quality.This episode was really good actually. I want go know just what is the virus.

And gotta love Ayase. I really liked her since she showed up. And I hope Shu becomes a Simon-esque character.

Wait. Is it confirmed that they really changed directors? If so, 'bout time they figured it the fuck out.

I'll continue to like Ayase as long as she stays out of fan service land.

...Hey, wait guys. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... is this the first episode without any fan service? (Aside from that abomination after the ED.)
Dec 9, 2011 2:22 PM

Jul 2011
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:

Wait. Is it confirmed that they really changed directors? If so, 'bout time they figured it the fuck out.

...Hey, wait guys. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... is this the first episode without any fan service? (Aside from that abomination after the ED.)

i dont think there was, and wait this is the first episode without it? was there really any fan service on the first episode? other than them adding fan service at the end
Dec 9, 2011 2:30 PM

Dec 2009
This was certainly a better episode than the last crappy episodes. I enjoyed this ALOT. Shu got a huge + in this one :)

There are still interesting unanswered questions in this show, let's hope they don't screw it up :)
Dec 9, 2011 2:31 PM

Oct 2011
Shu grew some balls! Impossible!
Well good episode.
Dec 9, 2011 2:45 PM
Dec 2011
Okay. I sense upcoming NTR involving Hare. Just sayin'
Dec 9, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
papapopa said:
Okay. I sense upcoming NTR involving Hare. Just sayin'

What? What does sex have anything......

DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:

Pretty much confirmed. The style of story is WAY different as anyone with half the attention spam of an ADD patient can notice.

No I do not think so. The first didn't have any. Without Inori IRS just much less noticeable(her dress......)
Dec 9, 2011 3:44 PM

May 2011
I don't even like Inori anymore.

So.. Hare ftw. :)

But one thing that seriously ticks me off is that the episode started off pretty awesome with the confrontation and took a giant detour to WTFville.
Dec 9, 2011 3:58 PM

Jul 2011
Okay, I'll admit-this episode was a big step from the last one.

I'm still not a fan, really.
Dec 9, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
Just not interested in Hare x Shu. I wish they would get it over with already and gimme more Ayase and Tsugumi. <33
Dec 9, 2011 4:32 PM

Aug 2011
As soon as the robot got the cancer crap thing and his soul moved to the endlave, I just quit the episode. 2/5
Dec 9, 2011 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
GuyxFlynn said:
As soon as the robot got the cancer crap thing and his soul moved to the endlave, I just quit the episode. 2/5

then you stopped watching it? then you missed the best part but oh well its your loss....
Dec 9, 2011 5:35 PM

Jun 2011
Woot, no Gai and Inori.
Big +1.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Dec 9, 2011 6:32 PM

Dec 2009
The episode was kinda boring to me.
Dec 9, 2011 6:58 PM
Aug 2011
This episode seemed better. The action Shu had to take at the end of the episode should help form his character in an interesting way.

I have to be honest though I find it interesting the mix of love and hate this show gets. Either way I don't plan on dropping it. It entertains me plenty.
Tired_SmurphDec 9, 2011 7:10 PM
Dec 9, 2011 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
darkerealm said:
Just not interested in Hare x Shu. I wish they would get it over with already and gimme more Ayase and Tsugumi. <33

This comment wins me. Yes more Ayase and let us know Tsugumi already!!!

Hare is not interesting and Inoti can go an Fuck a Guy.

Dr_Smurph said:
This episode seemed better. The action Shu had to take at the end of the episode should help form his character in an interesting way.

I have to be honest though I find it interesting the mix of love and hate this show gets. Either way I don't plan on dropping it. It entertains me plenty.

So do I. Not going to drop it and...... The hate will linger for a little longer.
Dec 9, 2011 8:08 PM

Oct 2010
Dr_Smurph said:
Totally but I am not sure how he will get away from him being like this:

that looks like heavy trauma. I wonder if Hare will kiss him and do more to bring him back. At this point simple love or all the way may be plausible. After all death is the opposite of love and that is what Shu needs most.

I mean look at his state and eyes in that pic. Looks to me like super traumatized. Well I trust Hare being there will do something since lots of Hare x Shu this episode.

Dec 9, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
Hell yeah, Shu grew half a ball! And we almost had the first actually good episode of this thing so far!

It would be better if it sounded more like "Shu had a choice to kill the guy or not" because the way they did looked forced... ("kill me, I'm ok with it, my life sucks and the world is terrible, you want to do it to right c'mooon, my bro wanted so it's sad spare me from pain... you're still not doing it? I'm killing him! and you're trapped in this memory and can't do anything but kill me to get out! You just need to cut this line too, no gore involved... OK I'M FRIGGING EVIL, LOOK AT ME, I'M SQUEEZING MY BRO TO DEATH AND LAUGHING KILL ME ALREADY, ok, there you go, it was like, totally not an exaggerated scene where we needed to be subtle to get the emotional part straight.")
Dec 9, 2011 8:37 PM

Feb 2010
I really liked this episode. The action was good and it actually had some good drama in it. That look that Shu gave Yahiro after he told him his brother died made Shu look like he went insane. I really hope the show doesn't go back down hill since this show has so much potential.
Dec 9, 2011 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:

that looks like heavy trauma. I wonder if Hare will kiss him and do more to bring him back. At this point simple love or all the way may be plausible. After all death is the opposite of love and that is what Shu needs most.

I mean look at his state and eyes in that pic. Looks to me like super traumatized. Well I trust Hare being there will do something since lots of Hare x Shu this episode.

If anything, They will use this as an excuse to give Inori more screentime.

Wait they're gone for a week? hare it is. but I some what hope for Ayase to handle the job instead, or rather we should get to know Tsugumi more
Dec 9, 2011 9:19 PM

Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:

Wait they're gone for a week? hare it is. but I some what hope for Ayase to handle the job instead, or rather we should get to know Tsugumi more
Unless Shu charms her somehow I did not see her have any interest in him. I think she is more caring of Ayase and that robot of hers.

Dec 9, 2011 9:19 PM

Apr 2011
Oh yeah, Tsugumi doesn't have any good screentime yet.
Dec 9, 2011 9:36 PM

Apr 2008
What the hell...a decent (5/10) episode of Guilty Crown? Didn't think it would happen but the discontinuity is really grating. One episode ago we have Shu being the spineless coward that he is and now he's ordering Yahiro to do "what's right" and even Hare noticed his change quite quickly.

I do think Gai and Inori not being in this ep made it a whole lot better. I really like Gai for some reason, but Inori is just completely worthless and boring. (this is Eureka Seven all over again: Badass character, quiet/boring female character, annoying MC). Of course now we're going to get a full episode of Shu wangsting over killing Jun. Oh boy...one step forward, five steps back eh Guilty Crown?

We do need more Ayase and Tsugumi. Kinda ironic that the three main seiyuu from Oreimo (Kirino, Kuroneko and Kyousuke) are back in this series as Tsugumi, Ayase and Gai respectively and each of the girls has a bit of a crush on Gai which kinda gave me Oreimo vibes for a second.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Dec 9, 2011 10:14 PM

Oct 2010
Can't stop my excitement for episode 10 now that I saw the preview:
http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/
from that I can tell is that Shu has bad flashbacks of more people infected by the virus so I assume now that he suffered and saw some of them. Perhaps through his mother's research. Who knows.

Gai and Inori are back. Inori is going to have that dress again. Arisa is back too with a sexy robe.

The is a mission going on. I think Daryl's father is back with his assistant.

Most of all I am looking forward to that person Coyates or something like that mentioned earlier on that looks like her in that cage from the preview. The person in the cage will be the most interesting part to find out for sure.

Dec 9, 2011 10:40 PM

May 2011
This was definetly one of the best episodes yet. I love that Shu's developing with each one. Even his friends have noticed a change. Now he's much bolder, smarter, and better at fighting. And less of an annoying pussy. That's a plus.

I'm starting to think that Jun and Gai's diseases are similar, if not the same. The whole thing's kinda fuzzy, though, so I don't know what to think about it. Same goes for the rest of the plot. -.-V

Speaking of plot holes, I've decided to just ignore the big question of 1) how Hare got away with trailing Shu in the first place, 2) how she survived that big attack, 3) assuming she even saw it. Seriously, how was she able to sneak into that small space, undetected and unseen. Was she even there? If not, how'd she find them afterwards, just standing there in that courtyard-thing? What was the point of her spying on them anyway? Oh, well. Again, Ima just ignore all that...*face-palm*

Otherwise, nice end to the episode. I was wondering throughout how they'd do that. Ugh, can't believe I have to wait a whole week to see the next part. -.-

I absolutely am in love with the music score from the end of the memory part to the rest of the fight. It was just...perfect. I can't wait for the OST to be released. ^^=
Forest-kunDec 9, 2011 10:47 PM
Dec 9, 2011 11:03 PM

Dec 2009
Forest-kun said:
I absolutely am in love with the music score from the end of the memory part to the rest of the fight. It was just...perfect. I can't wait for the OST to be released. ^^=

Yes. This. Anyone know when that might happen? :)
Dec 9, 2011 11:59 PM

Dec 2010
Looks like Gai has some variation of the AV. Though it may be me reading into things too much this episode.

See? Shu is becoming less insufferable. And they're.... well, doing a better job piecing story segregates together then most people are giving them credit for. Segai was noted during episode 3 for his compulsion. This episode showed that, though he's a breath of fresh air since he also manages to be relatively sane and cunning despite his character quirking. Not to say the least about other tidbits.

As for daryl, yay more Daryl! But yet again, he lost. Le sigh. I'm hoping for him getting to kill mooks or to fight Ayase without interruption. So far, he's the series biggest butt monkey at the moment. No, Shu isn't a butt monkey since Gai and Inori are away. Just to clarify.

Enjoyed the episode. Awesome, just add Daryl inaccurate snipers Segai Brodan the music!

Sir_Lexa said:
Forest-kun said:

Yes. This. Anyone know when that might happen? :)

Yes, I want to know myself.

Yumekichi11 said:

Most of all I am looking forward to that person Coyates or something like that mentioned earlier on that looks like her in that cage from the preview. The person in the cage will be the most interesting part to find out for sure.

Coyates? You must mean Cocyctus.

GodlyKyon said:
If anything, They will use this as an excuse to give Inori more screentime.

I'll give the creators money if they make her go away for a month. Upon my honor as Commandant of the Frigate Ayase x Shu, I won't let anyone get in the way. Besides, Gai can have Inori. All the important people win! Especially Ayase, since it looks like Shu is finally manning up. Hopefully that'll make some people happy.

shadowtsunami said:
Wait him? I thought that was Jun's sister, so why did Shu keep calling her a him?

Fake guy = Real girl = Being called a guy = $$$
Dec 10, 2011 12:10 AM

Dec 2010
One of the best episodes yet, this, episode one and i think it was episode four not sure ( the one with the prison break) were the best so far in my opinion; people should expect Shu to break down next episode however and not be overly critical for when it does because even if he is changing for the better (or not we will see) it would be completely out of character for him to not care; so that last face he showed i think is a preview of what we will see next episode. I don't dislike Inori like many others; all though after episode five i honestly don't think I'll ever like her character without a huge change so this episode which had minimal Inori was a nice mix up; it will be interesting to see how much Hare actually saw; also more detail on Lost Christmas was also one of the reasons i liked this episode; because it brought up the question that Segai thought and that was the connection between the Lost Christmas virus and the Void power that Shu has as they had the same reading when the kid stood up.
InfiniteDestinyDec 10, 2011 12:17 AM
Dec 10, 2011 12:58 AM

May 2010
Not as bad as the previous eps.
Starting here, I hope it improves.
Dec 10, 2011 1:45 AM

Nov 2010
Never really hated it despite the presence of rabid fanbois and hater hounds everywhere. But now I'm starting to like it. Wished the conflict between the siblings was drawn out more.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.