Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2011 6:08 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
finished...

hmm, i didn't really feel strange at new cv
Fujiko 8/10
Goemon 8/10
Zenigata 9/10

episode 3/5 5/10
Dec 2, 2011 6:14 AM
Mar 2011
no i hated the new seiyuu
and i like then most of the time
4/10
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 3, 2011 2:32 PM

Oct 2010
I havent watch it yet but it seems like its pretty bad from what yall rating it. Im still pissed off as hell that it is not a series. Just dont understand how this legendary anime/manga cant get another series when i think is the funniest anime of all time.
Dec 11, 2011 6:46 AM

Jan 2010
I thought it was pretty cool - classic Lupin. It never gets old. Yeah, it's a shame they didn't make it into full series, but the upside is, this special is packed with action and interesting turnarounds.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Dec 11, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
I enjoyed watching smexy Lupin go at it with the bad guys again. Always fun to watch the gang in action...still wish he would do Fujiko-chan over and over until he wore her out and then tossed her away...she is such a betrayer of his charms. Some women have all the luck.
The 14 year old was annoying as all hell in the beginning but she had her reasons for being so...to save her beloved "sister." An good watch. 7/10.
Dec 14, 2011 2:04 AM

Feb 2011
Just watched it. It's what one could expect from Lupin. Same goes for Fujiko's double, triple or whatever crossing. I so hate this $(/%§($.
Liked Misa and Maki though.

Like always, not really inventing, but very entertaining. Just classic.
The final was awesome and the symbolism at the end nice.
Dec 14, 2011 3:56 PM

Apr 2007
It was okay. I thought they could have handled switching between some scenes a little better and also the mystery was revealed a bit too early. The part where Jigen and Goemon broke into where Misa was staying really bothered me too. I can't pinpoint why exactly, though.

I had no problems with the new voices at least~ They don't really stand out as amazing replacements or anything, but still worked well.

Oh and Lupin Issei was pretty good looking, it's a shame he wasn't fully shown :<
Dec 15, 2011 3:47 AM

Oct 2010
Finally saw it it was ok. I think that silly Maki ruined the whole movie. I kind of wish that ninja girl was in the movie that one that helps Zenigata. I think her name is Asuka Kagurazaka.

I am still pissed off as hell how come they wont do a series. Im sick of specials i guess they think it wont get views or something.

This is the only special in recent memory where Fujiko was actually in it a lot more, I just hated her hair color. The voice acting was pretty good.
Dec 18, 2011 6:32 AM

Feb 2010
The movie was good, but it kinda reminded me of Toriko (superactive cells?!). The voice acting was good but the monster part was meh.
Monochrome said:
Oh and Lupin Issei was pretty good looking, it's a shame he wasn't fully shown :<
They look the same with Lupin(III), right? Even the 800yr old nun mistook him to be Lupin(I).., THE HAIR XD
CashdaxDec 18, 2011 10:39 PM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 20, 2011 6:50 PM

Apr 2007
Cashdaxxx said:
Monochrome said:
They look the same with Lupin(III), right? Even the 800yr old nun mistook him to be Lupin(I).., THE HAIR XD
lol yeah Lupin Issei's hair style is the only real difference between them. Surprisingly, that was enough to make him better looking :D
Jan 20, 2012 3:53 AM

Sep 2008
My eyes and ears have been ruined. =[

I hate how they went back to the more childish look of Lupin with the soft colors and characters, at least for the gang. I liken Lupin to a more mature and sharp look even though there is always a ton of comedy. Fujiko's voice bothered me a ton; I love Sawashiro but... just no... I'm scared of the next special.

sort of entertaining story though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2014 6:44 PM

Jun 2010
The last few Lupin specials just get worse and worse. All the recent specials spend too much time on some ancient riddle about a special treasure, have a bland villain who wants to start wars for no reason and some pat connection to the treasure, and have bland henchmen for Goemon and/or Jigen to fight with the same kind of weapon. This formula lacks flexibility.

Surprisingly kind of childish with what looks like an elementary school kid (tough the believe the stated age of 14) following Lupin around with a really sappy backstory.

Lupin's always picking up after his grandfather. His dad must feel lonely. Nobody cares about Lupin the Second.
May 20, 2016 1:16 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It is not a festival of theft, nor to stay asleep, belongs to the eternal lot of artistic simplicity. to pass the time.

--
No es un festival del robo, y tampoco para quedarse durmiendo, pertenece al eterno montón de la simplicidad artística. Para pasar el rato.
Aug 16, 2019 6:33 AM

Sep 2011
A 40th anniversary special with some new voices, huh. I liked the animation here, and the fact that they changed the character design that was used in the last few ones. Not that something was wrong with it, but it's nice to have a new look. The plot was about the hidden "treasure" of an immortal "mermaid", and a deranged merchant of death who tried to profit and drag the world into chaos using her cells. Himuro and his hitman were boring to be honest, even after he became that vampiric monster in that insane climax fight. That was crazy stuff.

But Goemon, Jigen and Fujiko were mostly on point. Goemon was able to win against Kageura after wavering during their first fight for letting someone else get hurt. It was understandable though, the person would've died if it weren't Misa, and Jigen was the one who was almost hit. Fujiko was the one who rescued Misa after Himuro ended their deal and tried to cage her, and I'm not sure if Jigen was able to pay Misa back, but he was cool here too. But when Himuro became that monster I knew that Goemon would be the one to stop him by cutting his head off. Jigen's shot, which made sure that the head fell into the lava, was cool too.

Even Misa, possessed by Yaobikuni, was cool in the end. Eternity really seems like despair. Yaobikuni had to watch people she loved die over and over again until she got tired of it. Being healed almost instantly from even fatal wounds is pretty cool, but life is precious because it's finite. I did enjoy the talk Lupin had with Jigen right before they went for the "treasure" too. He questioned their way of life, and even wondered if being "Lupin" was also a curse. But as expected, there was no easy answer and it ended with him unable to answer Maki's question. Welp, not between my favorites, but I liked this one.

More topics from this board

» Disappointed

bonifide - Nov 17, 2011

1 by DateYutaka »»
Dec 6, 2011 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.