Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2008 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I do understand why Hachiko is going after Takumi all the time. I think, in the first place she is looking for an older brother, not a lover, but someone who just holds her and is what she isn't- mature, rational... But Hachiko doesn't seem to find them in the right person, and she knows she will be hurt again eventually...
Apr 5, 2009 7:54 AM

Mar 2009
Nana just doesnt like being alone so when she feels rejected by Nana she uses Takumi which works fine for him because he uses her for sex.

May 21, 2009 6:08 PM

Jun 2008
wait.. does takumi really care??? i mean he called when he receive the text = worried????? hmmm... then if takumi really cares.. i guess its ok if she's with hachi.. i mean... nobu's too good for hachi anyway... takumi and hachi are quite similar... :p
Jun 10, 2009 3:08 PM

Feb 2008
Oh that was sad. I get what Hachi's going through though, the whole jealousy thing. She's kind of immature but you can understand where she's coming from.

Great live but I felt so gutted for Nana at the end.
Jun 21, 2009 5:19 AM

Jul 2008
Hachi keeps experiencing such feelings of loneliness, but maybe Nana will come back to the apartment and everything can start to be alright.
Sep 19, 2009 6:30 PM
May 2008
i'm really pleased with how much the story has developed. within the first few episodes i thought i might drop the series
Oct 10, 2009 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
Teddy said:

I do understand why Hachiko is going after Takumi all the time. I think, in the first place she is looking for an older brother, not a lover, but someone who just holds her and is what she isn't- mature, rational... But Hachiko doesn't seem to find them in the right person, and she knows she will be hurt again eventually...
At the moment Hachiko feels like everyone is leaving her behind, Junko and her boyfriend already have their own world with the art business and Nana is busy with her band and with Ren. So bassically shes is searching for something to exchange this loneliness feeling: Which is being with someone who doesn't even care for her. She is lost, she feels like everything she has is dissapearing from her, and plus she doesn't have a dream (which she is already beware of) like most of people around her does.

I'm really sad for her, I like her a lot and seeing her like this was just not a good feeling. The fridge food scene almost made me tear up.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Mar 15, 2010 4:47 PM
May 2008
Takumi and Nana are still being annoying as usual, and I like the ShinxReira.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 8, 2010 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
I don't think its good to sleep with someone so early on, like everyone does in this show...
Apr 30, 2010 10:50 PM

Jan 2009
Hachiko sure is a fragile personality.
It seems, as of recently, like she is always in a state of mental breakdown...

May 11, 2010 7:54 PM

Oct 2008
I don't like that kind of attitude, where someone is jealous that the other person has friends.. >_>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 22, 2010 11:11 PM

Mar 2009
Interesting how this is playing out. I must watch more!
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Dec 3, 2010 9:20 AM

Aug 2008
why takumi seem to care about hachiko in this episode?
BLAST is awesome!
Dec 6, 2010 8:25 PM

Aug 2010
Am I the only one who feels bad for Hachi? The poor girl has one dream after another crushed. First she moves to Tokyo to be with her boyfriend, and he cheats on her, making her realize he never needed her. But she finds a good friend in Nana, only to realize once again that Nana doesn't really need her either (or so she thinks). She only needs someone to want her, Takumi wants her but for all the wrong reasons. Nobu wants her but she feels like she fails at everything and doesn't deserve him.

Jan 19, 2011 10:39 AM

Mar 2010
I really like the scene at the end where Nana was sad because of Hachi :< Their relatios are really oryginal in this story - something beetween friendship and love *A*
I dont want Hachi to be with Takumi >0 He's creepy.
Mar 22, 2011 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
Shit, that last scene was sad
Mar 31, 2011 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
I cry in every episode.......................
May 3, 2011 5:26 AM

Sep 2008
I hope Hachi finds some sort of purpose in life... soon. It's almost a given that she feels so left behind, since everyone else is following their dreams and striving to attain their goals, but she's just living paycheck to paycheck and doesn't even have a lover to rely on all the time anymore... Nobu would help ground her more than Takumi, who's so flighty and fickle himself and kind of perpetuates the transiency of Hachi's lifestyle... DX

Great episode, though. It's so cool to see that NANA hasn't forgotten her loyal fans from her hometown. That's probably something that helps differentiate BLAST from other bands - that connection with the fans. :)
Jul 30, 2011 6:29 PM

Jul 2011
well i want 2 start off by saying blast is doing good which is great!!
but the whole hachiXtakumi situation is a little sad now but hey there both kinda using each other so both of them are wrong hachi using him to feel loved and needed and takumi is using her for sex but seriously someone needs to slap some sense into hachi and tell her that they do love her and need her but sometimes they just get a little busy! i c why her nickname is a dog's name because i have a puppy and everyday when i go 2 school my puppy cries and feels lonely,, so to help with my puppies loneliness we got her a day time puppysitter,, and this is kinda like hachi,, she needs someone to be her daytime puppysitter
lol XD
Aug 22, 2011 10:13 AM

Mar 2011
Mikiyo said:
Teddy said:

At the moment Hachiko feels like everyone is leaving her behind, Junko and her boyfriend already have their own world with the art business and Nana is busy with her band and with Ren. So bassically shes is searching for something to exchange this loneliness feeling: Which is being with someone who doesn't even care for her. She is lost, she feels like everything she has is dissapearing from her, and plus she doesn't have a dream (which she is already beware of) like most of people around her does.

I'm really sad for her, I like her a lot and seeing her like this was just not a good feeling. The fridge food scene almost made me tear up.

This is why she's such a weak character in this story. She needs to focus on discovering ehr dream, and thinking up what she wants to do in life. She majored in art for guys and went to Tokyo for guys. If she figured out her life goal then she'd have mre to look forward to, less things to worry about. She'd be able to leave the empty nest she's built with Takumi and find a good guy. *NOBU* !! But I guess by the time she does that, it'll probably be too late. Already is...she's so far in the mess.
-She should be a chef. Thanks Misato.

-More Rocker Nana please..
Mar 19, 2012 2:42 PM

Sep 2011
This is as real as it gets. Girls go through this shit, can't hate on her for the way she is to be honest.
Jun 2, 2012 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
It's so sad seeing them grow apart like this. Finally Nana begins to acknowledge it, while Hachi's been hiding it and trying to live with it. I'm sure Nana realized that Hachi only went to Takumi because of her sadness for losing Nana. I really understand Hachi. I'll admit I have a cynical side when things go wrong. I just feel horrible and I don't want to feel that way. She just wants someone to be with because of Nana's absence. It's so sad..... And this drifting apart will just keep continuing.. I don't see a resolution in sight unless both of them re-prioritize their values. Sadface.
Jun 3, 2012 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode. Some of the characters need to prioritize what's most important to them, I guess.
Jul 30, 2012 1:53 AM

Aug 2010
Hachi really pisses me off....she realizes she's a slut but she doesn't do anything about it :l that girl needs to put her priorities straight!
Sep 12, 2012 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
I feel bad for her. I don't like being lonely either. I don't think she's being a slut, she's only lonely and needs someone to comfort hher.
Yes, she should be a chef. Seriously. She cooks and bakes well, right? Look at that beautiful Black Stone cake she made. *o*

On the other hand, Shin x Reira is adorable.
Jan 12, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 2012
Anitnelav said:
I don't like that kind of attitude, where someone is jealous that the other person has friends.. >_>

Ditto!Hatchiko is being such a kid! Always needing people around her and trying to replace that feeling of loneliness in someone who probably doesn't even care for her. She should do like her friends and find a dream or something she would like to do and/or good at. That way, she wont be so lonely. I mean it's called a "life" get one?
Feb 16, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2012
How long is this Takumi thing going to last? I'm kind of getting annoyed.

Aug 6, 2013 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was hard to watch... poor Hatchiko. I wish they would show us if Takumi is actually with other girls or not, but I guess by not showing that puts us in the same mindset as Hatchi... if only she had stayed though, she could've met with Nana. Oh the irony :<
Nov 3, 2013 1:21 AM

Sep 2013
reira x shin at the end <3
Nov 3, 2013 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
I really hate how they all just leave Nana behind like that, she tries so hard and in then end it isn't enough for them and she ends up alone...and who is the only person she can call? That bastard Takumi. That makes my heart hurt for her :(

All Nana wants is to be loved and feel needed by someone. Is that so bad?

For someone as selfish as self-centered as she usually is, she is really left alone too much. And meeting Takumi was probably the worst thing that could've happened to her. That isolated her almost completely :(
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Jan 25, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2012
Some quite lovely development in this episode to be honest! I really wonder what will happen next!
Apr 9, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
OriginANIME said:
This is as real as it gets. Girls go through this shit, can't hate on her for the way she is to be honest.

So very true. Still it's so frustrating to watch Hachi being like this. She should take off that thick ass helmet, maybe a nice bump on the head would knock some sense into her >_<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 2, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
Cool concert Blast, thumbs up ^-^ Hachi really doesn't know what she wants..hm -.-'
It's not unusual.. but I'm sorry she and people she loves get hurt because of that. :(
Dec 24, 2014 1:17 PM
Oct 2012
So, when I finally get annoyed at Hachiko for being so needy, everyone starts to feel sorry for her...?

Anyway, yeah, like someone already said, she should become a coock. She would obviously be very good at it.
Jan 24, 2015 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
OriginANIME said:

Unfortunately true. I can't hate Hachi as a person, but my goodness I can't take much more of how self-centered she is. There's nothing wrong with being needy, but how she's handling it is getting pretty ridiculous.

And fuck Takumi too.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 24, 2015 2:49 AM

Apr 2012
Hatchi is super fragile. I don't hate her character at all, but it's frustrating to watch lol

Mar 29, 2015 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
KillthisAccount said:
Takumi and Nana are still being annoying as usual, and I like the ShinxReira.

this
Jul 2, 2015 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
This entire episode just made me sad :(
Jul 19, 2015 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Lately with every episode I'm just shaking my head whenever Hachiko decides to do something, see I don't completely blame her but she knows she isn't doing the right thing, and common it's pretty obvious that ''boyfriend'' of hers is gonna pull some fucked up move at some point.

I just hope she can clear things up with herself as soon as possible but I think it's getting too late for that :/

Oct 5, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
feels weird to be posting in such an old thread but i feel so bad for hachi. I dont get how people can be seeing her as annoying and self centered after all this shit shes going through. Maybe its something you have to experience first hand to truly understand what its like but that feeling of getting left behind by everyone you love is the worst.
Oct 14, 2015 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
Mikiyo said:

At the moment Hachiko feels like everyone is leaving her behind, Junko and her boyfriend already have their own world with the art business and Nana is busy with her band and with Ren. So bassically shes is searching for something to exchange this loneliness feeling: Which is being with someone who doesn&#039;t even care for her. She is lost, she feels like everything she has is dissapearing from her, and plus she doesn&#039;t have a dream (which she is already beware of) like most of people around her does.

I&#039;m really sad for her, I like her a lot and seeing her like this was just not a good feeling. The fridge food scene almost made me tear up.

I think this is such a great description of Nana1's situation.I think the problem is that she has never really had a"traditional" dream that focused on herself.From the beginning it seemed to me that Nana1's dream was to be able to be with her friends and find her one true love.I think that is okay because not everyone is interested in the same things in life.For some people having a dream is more like building a successful career ,discovering the cure for cancer,backpacking across the world etc. but not every dream has to be flashy/big.Some people aspire to have simple dreams where they don't really need to have the most successful career or travel the world or whatever.As long as they're surrounded by the people that matter to them ,they're happy.I think this might be case with Nana1 based on what I've seen so far.Still, it doesn't hurt if she had something to focus on even if it's not her ultimate dream.
Incr3dibl3Oct 16, 2015 2:51 AM
Oct 16, 2015 1:42 AM

Aug 2015
Ah one long overdue episode that reminds the viewers just how far ahead Hachi's peers are compared to her aimless self. While everyone was marching forward with goals and aspirations in mind, Hachi simply stagnates in her own world, blinded by her feelings of infatuation and naive ideals. Now reality hits hard on her when she finally became aware that fact. Unsurprisingly, she turned to Takumi for solace but even so, had to worry about taxi fare in the process.

For once, I'd say the episode felt real but a long overdue episode nonetheless. The dreaded feeling of loneliness. The anguish of being left behind. The raw desire to need and to be needed. This episode illustrated that fragile psyche excellently. What Hachi's going through right now is something many of us at some point of our life could certainly relate. Hope this series keeps up with the current direction of the story.
Dec 15, 2015 12:23 PM
Jun 2013
I like how Nana/Hachiko can at least recognize her flaws. If she didn't at least feel bad for being a hopeless idiot, I wouldn't have any sympathy for her and she would just be annoying.
Apr 4, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
So Junko helped Blast get the contract. Did anyone notice it? If it would be Junko and Kyosuke talking near this manager and not those two girls maybe it wouldn't go so easy. Small things are important.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 25, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2015
I actually understand why she slept with him this time, but I still can't wait for her to put an end to it and get together with Nobu <3
Dec 30, 2016 5:08 PM

Sep 2015
Shin and Reira are perfect for each other 😭👍
Mar 2, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
The deeper lessons in all these seemingly hollow relationships are coming across very well
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 22, 2017 5:32 AM

Dec 2014
This show hurts so much.
Jun 14, 2017 2:15 PM
Feb 2016
Loved it. The scene that Nana opens the fridge and finds that cake and all that food... :<
Jul 29, 2017 6:43 PM

Nov 2016
Despite my dislike against Hachikos behaviour atm I have to say this is really realistic and well written.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
8 hours ago

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

102 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

164 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:01 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.