Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2011 4:15 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She's traumatized..
Mar 20, 2012 1:41 AM

Jun 2009
She is known Post-trauma rape, but The shock was so intense that she didn't remember nothing
May 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
So, Casca was so traumatized that she became a shell of her former sell....is she even able to speak? Griffith literally took everything from Guts. He loses his arm and eye, all of his friends, and his lover is scared of his presence.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 10, 2013 6:26 PM

Apr 2010
I'm really not surprised that that kind of trauma would cause Casca to lose her memory. :/

Apr 6, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2013
Casca is incredibly traumatized, as to be expected, but also seems to have lost her memories. That's really really shitty...

...However, the memory loss could be one of the better possible outcomes. Rickert said she was healed, physically. Maybe not remembering all that craziness is for the best. Hopefully she can slowly begin to heal mentally as well..

But the way this story puts an emphasis on tragedy, I wouldn't be surprised if Kentaro Miura kept her alive just to have some more terrible bullshit happen to her later on.

Hope not.
Jul 20, 2015 4:09 PM
Nov 2014
Poor Guts.... Griffith really fucked his whole life up ;_;
Aug 23, 2015 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
Of course she is traumatized but poor guts
Dec 23, 2015 4:32 AM
May 2012
Aw man :/
Mar 30, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2013
;-; that's so shitty...

I've noticed this for quite some time now, but since Casca finally opened up her vulnerabilities to Guts (long, long ago), she's slowly been deconstructed. She went from strong and brave, an archetype for female empowerment in battle to the height of frailty. Since she opened up, her weaknesses begun being exposed bit by bit; she began being depicted less as a powerful warrior and more as a target of assault. As terrible as her current state is, it's hardly a radical change; it's more like the climax of her descent. In a sense, her current state has returned her full circle to how she was as a child. Tragic...

It does truly amaze me how well written our main trio of characters are, though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 4, 2016 11:11 PM

Jan 2014
Truly a nightmare ;-;
Apr 10, 2016 9:24 PM

Jul 2015
You can truly feel the rage Guts has towards Griffith man the eclipse was horrifying
Jun 8, 2016 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
I can't fucking stand Griffith.
GUTS CAN'T GET A BREAK
Jun 15, 2016 10:59 AM

Feb 2016
Poor guts he's lost just about everything in an instant.
Apr 30, 2017 9:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"The World of Winged Things"

The beaty under the sky!!!
Sep 11, 2017 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
She lost her mind.
Jan 25, 2018 5:52 AM

May 2016
That dream :( First is his friends dying and now his girlfriend forgot about him entirely and fears him to add insult to injury.

He can't take a break can he ;-;

Sep 10, 2020 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
FINALLY.

The Eclipse had some really nice art. Props to the manga illustrator for all of the intricate details and sketches of the past dozen chapters. But I admit, I was getting a bit tired of Casca's nipples and the thousands of demon faces cluttering my screen. The novelty wore off and I started longing for other atmospheres.

It felt like my eyes could finally rest watching Guts wake up in an ambient cavern filled with ores and gentle waterfalls.

~~~~~

My only complaint is the fact that the author felt the need to add even more fanservice after everything we just had to sit through. I couldn't help but roll my eyes seeing her in a soaked T-shirt.
((And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll let it pass. Casca is in a very innocent/infantile state right now on account of the PTSD... she probably doesn't know any better. Plus, she's probably only wearing a T-shirt because it was all they had lying around to clothe her; and she apparently "keeps going in the water with her clothes on" so she's constantly wetting the clothes she's given and requiring changes; and, she probably needs to be undressed often to dress her wound and keep her comfortable and relaxed. So I get it.))

And most people seem to be attributing the PTSD to the rape, but my interpretation is that the rape was just the breaking point, and that the death of her comrades and the tragic, otherwordly experience also have a lot to do with it. Additionally, Casca's experienced rape before and was able to overcome it. If anything, it was the fact that her demonic-demigod-turned-idol was the one to rape her.
Aug 7, 2021 3:51 AM

Jun 2020
the world of winged things

how guts know which direction 2 go? brand giv him spidey sense or lucky guess??
Nov 13, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2021
Vol.13 had been tough on me with the emotions.... She isn't even able to speak
Mar 16, 2022 11:36 AM

May 2015
Well if anything would be enough to break a persons mind. It'd definitely be something like that. Tragic.
Mar 28, 2022 7:22 PM

Oct 2016
Kasca is in an emotional shock, with a kind of post-traumatic stress but at extreme levels... She only trusts the girl and not the men.
And Guts in a very poor state, even more traumatized than before...
Damn, how much they have to suffer?
Apr 26, 2022 11:40 PM

May 2021
Yeah, her mind responded to this traumatic event with amnesia. Not surprising but tragic nonetheless.

Apr 28, 2022 8:05 AM

Dec 2021
Zadion said:
;-; that's so shitty...

I've noticed this for quite some time now, but since Casca finally opened up her vulnerabilities to Guts (long, long ago), she's slowly been deconstructed. She went from strong and brave, an archetype for female empowerment in battle to the height of frailty. Since she opened up, her weaknesses begun being exposed bit by bit; she began being depicted less as a powerful warrior and more as a target of assault. As terrible as her current state is, it's hardly a radical change; it's more like the climax of her descent. In a sense, her current state has returned her full circle to how she was as a child. Tragic...

It does truly amaze me how well written our main trio of characters are, though.

that's a very good write up ,, sujmmary of Casca's character development
Apr 28, 2022 8:11 AM

Dec 2021
AlexanderHD said:
FINALLY.

The Eclipse had some really nice art. Props to the manga illustrator for all of the intricate details and sketches of the past dozen chapters. But I admit, I was getting a bit tired of Casca's nipples and the thousands of demon faces cluttering my screen. The novelty wore off and I started longing for other atmospheres.

It felt like my eyes could finally rest watching Guts wake up in an ambient cavern filled with ores and gentle waterfalls.

~~~~~

agree with this part ..

I wat the new atmospheres in the outside world too ... the demon realm was daunting my mind for far too long

AlexanderHD said:

My only complaint is the fact that the author felt the need to add even more fanservice after everything we just had to sit through. I couldn't help but roll my eyes seeing her in a soaked T-shirt.
((And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll let it pass. Casca is in a very innocent/infantile state right now on account of the PTSD... she probably doesn't know any better. Plus, she's probably only wearing a T-shirt because it was all they had lying around to clothe her; and she apparently "keeps going in the water with her clothes on" so she's constantly wetting the clothes she's given and requiring changes; and, she probably needs to be undressed often to dress her wound and keep her comfortable and relaxed. So I get it.))

I interpreted her going to the water as a "cleansing of oneself" A washing away of the traumas and pain ... Water can be healing in itself

And as you've expressed in many complaints so far (of Casca's nude body) , the author probably thought the same , hence why she was wearing a t-shirt in the water ..

Not really a fan service moment ... he coulda easily have drawn her naked and chose not to .. he kept her covered because as you've stated ,, its a state of new found innocence
Sep 13, 2022 7:53 PM

Aug 2021
the skull knight is a really interesting character
Nov 7, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2020
MAN!! IT is so sad to see her like this, she is traumatized for her whole life:(
F U Griffith
May 5, 2023 7:03 AM

Aug 2022
She's so traumatised that she doesn't remember anything. Fuck you Griffith.
Aug 14, 2023 2:08 PM
Sep 2020
It makes sense why Casca forgot everything and is terrified of men now; I'm glad a few of the hawks survived, but things definitely aren't going to get easier from here.
Apr 18, 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
The Skull Knight might just be my new favorite character.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 376 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25

45 by Supremestrawhat »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 129 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

16 by wxykz »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 63 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 3, 2011

44 by MrGutz »»
May 2, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 89 Discussion

Td99 - Oct 14, 2009

30 by lucaslt7 »»
Apr 30, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 82 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 4, 2011

34 by lucaslt7 »»
Apr 29, 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.