Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2011 3:39 AM

Nov 2010
Akiyama said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Initial F/Z(;´∀`)

Indeed xD

Saber as Jeanne D'Arc or Queen Arthur.
Both are appleaing to me.

Not much action this episode, but the story telling was excellent.
Nov 6, 2011 4:34 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
allflying said:
Anyway, who is that caster again?
A fucked sick shit that IRL killed over 600 kids. This guy makes you puke on yourself of why you even a human being part of the same race as that guy. How the heck we let in the old times a sick shit like that get away for that long is beyond me but tech was shit in crime back then.
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Irisviel is a boss. The best part of the whole episode was her driving.
Yeah, someone please make a gift of Irisviel Driving skills :D
Sure:

my favorite because of that shift! Rest in club:
http://www.myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=362409

thank you so much sir. Awesome gifs!
Nov 6, 2011 6:54 AM

Dec 2010
I know how Caster feels. I thought Saber was Jeanne way back when she wasn't showing her sword in Stay Night.

And I really hope they include the gory scenes of KOORU guy and Caster in the DVD release.

I laughed at Lancer's mole zoom-in. Kayneth must be thinking "Damn that mole."

Seems to me that Caster is physically stronger than I thought.
KurosaneNov 6, 2011 6:59 AM
Nov 6, 2011 7:23 AM
Mar 2009

I guess i leave it here :D
Nov 6, 2011 8:37 AM

Jun 2008
Waffocopter said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who started off the episode thinking of Initial D with Irisviel's driving.

Yeah I did and Iri >>>> Takumi
Nov 6, 2011 8:59 AM

Dec 2010
Shocked said:
A part of me is actually glad that the Caster/Ryuunosuke scene got censored. It's a bit early for a human anatomy class.

The tv serie is censored in more parts, not only this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-06/fate/zero-bd-box-release-to-add-cut-scenes

Is a pity, dislike waiting for director's cut. :/
Nov 6, 2011 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Linkark07 said:
It is sad Shirou didn't follow Kiritsugu footsteps.

Indeed it is.

As for the episode, best part of it was proving that Kiritsugu is ready to do anything do win :D I love that guy.

Also, for a second I thought Gil is going to sexually harass Kirei :D
nina4lifeNov 6, 2011 9:25 AM
Nov 6, 2011 9:30 AM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
allflying said:
A fucked sick shit that IRL killed over 600 kids. This guy makes you puke on yourself of why you even a human being part of the same race as that guy. How the heck we let in the old times a sick shit like that get away for that long is beyond me but tech was shit in crime back then.
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Sure:

Yumekichi11 your gif making skill is very great.
Nov 6, 2011 9:32 AM

Apr 2011
Totally seemed like Gilgamesh was hitting on Kirei ... Gilgamesh is pretty damn hot, I have to admit. Other than his habit of referring to everyone as 'mongrel' :P But yeah, pouring wine into Kirei's zoomed-in crotch was very subtextual.

I love this series, the animation is so gorgeous :) I can't wait to see more battles! Such a badass show. I especially can't wait to see more about Berserker.
Nov 6, 2011 9:35 AM

Dec 2008
Censorship :(

Ah so good though! I love all the characters. This ep made me see Gil in a new light too.
Nov 6, 2011 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
Fujimiya said:

You sir, made me laugh

Yumekichi11 said:
Can Gilgamesh do it while he has the command seals or only after it? How can a servant betray his master? Perhaps only when the command seals are gone?

We had an extensive discussion about that on the other episode thread. All heroic spirits retain who they are, and their own will, except berseker. They follow their master because they need someone to supply mana and to stabilize their vessel existence on this world. Plus if the master wins the grail, they get their own wish granted too, so its a win-win cooperation. They don't have however their will bound by any master, except when a command spell is used. The command spell effectiveness depends on how good a master/magus is and the type of order. Had Waiver used his command spell in episode 2 with something general like "I order rider to respect me", rider was more likely to resist the order than Lancer very specific order of "eliminate saber right now", even though his will was fully against it.

About independent action, Gilgamesh on F/Z apparently can kill Tokiomi and still exist on this world for a week. A good master/magus like Tokiomi can however make a focused order very effective, like "Kill yourself" and be force Archer to shower himself with his Gate of Babylon. Note however that his first command spell usage was "Soothe thy anger and retreat" and not just "retreat immediately." He was gambling that he was good enough a magus to make a semi-general order, compelling Archer's reason to be there to disappear(anger towards his "inferiors" calling themselves kings or "stealing" his property) thus why although he voiced displeasure with Tokiomi, he didn't make faces like Lancer and was still with enough control of himself to say what he wanted to say and leave on his own terms.

Overall I think the mutual benefit synergy is still at place. I don't know what is going to happen, but for now both master and servant seems to keep mutual respect.
Faker_Nov 6, 2011 9:45 AM
Nov 6, 2011 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
If I'm one of the Masters. Remind me to evacuate from a high rise building I'm staying at when the fire alarm rings even if i set up a lot of traps lol!

That's just wow! after evacuating all the people on the building he did not care on the other things! He blew that building in the face of the planet xD

haha and i understand Caster's feelings... ahahaha

But now its beginning to unfold how Gil managed to stay until the next Holy War which continued on FSN. Because Tokiomi was boring xD
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Nov 6, 2011 9:57 AM

Dec 2009
Fujimiya said:

Real subs? If yes, I'll download them the next time. Fuck UTW.
Nov 6, 2011 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
glad to know Gilamesh finds Tokiomi boring as hell too :)
loved his scene with Kirei the most

am i the only one who miss Rider in this epi :b
Nov 6, 2011 11:09 AM

Mar 2011
Blowing up an entire building to kill one guy is just plain badass.
Nov 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Nov 2009
One guy?? Is a super saiyin MASTAH, he is even blond :P
Nov 6, 2011 2:12 PM

Oct 2009
Shocked said:
A part of me is actually glad that the Caster/Ryuunosuke scene got censored. It's a bit early for a human anatomy class.

I lol'd
Nov 6, 2011 2:57 PM
Dec 2007
Blind_Guardian said:
Totally seemed like Gilgamesh was hitting on Kirei ... Gilgamesh is pretty damn hot, I have to admit. Other than his habit of referring to everyone as 'mongrel' :P But yeah, pouring wine into Kirei's zoomed-in crotch was very subtextual.

I love this series, the animation is so gorgeous :) I can't wait to see more battles! Such a badass show. I especially can't wait to see more about Berserker.

Nov 6, 2011 4:17 PM

Nov 2010
Omg, I could watch this for 6 hours and still have a feeling it was only 15 minutes >.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Nov 6, 2011 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
sankar said:
Yumekichi11 said:
allflying said:
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Sure:

I can see he's quite experienced. Almost every post of him have new gifs.

Yumekichi11 your gif making skill is very great.
Nov 6, 2011 6:16 PM
Sep 2009
The anime did missed the inner thought of Kiritsugu, though.

He thought to himself that he had gone soft because if it had been 9 years before, he would blow out the whole building without setting the fire alarm first. Basically, we would killed all of the people in the building just to kill off one master.
Nov 6, 2011 9:11 PM
Dec 2007
Veldril said:

He thought to himself that he had gone soft because if it had been 9 years before, he would blow out the whole building without setting the fire alarm first. Basically, we would killed all of the people in the building just to kill off one master.
But that's really a moot point considering we already heard several times how he bombed planes or would open fire in crowded places just to get the target. Unneeded line was unneeded.

Nov 6, 2011 9:12 PM

Jun 2011
Veldril said:

Well,it's hard to express anyone's inner thought without some dialog/monologue.But,don't you think adding a monologue here seems quite stupid?

PS:it's true that marriage changes a manXD
Nov 6, 2011 9:30 PM
Sep 2009
2thuriel said:
Veldril said:

Well,it's hard to express anyone's inner thought without some dialog/monologue.But,don't you think adding a monologue here seems quite stupid?

PS:it's true that marriage changes a manXD

I would not say it is really needed. But if they can find some way to convey that thought, it would just make his character a little bit stronger. It's just that many people seems to think it is cool for bombing the whole building without looking at the conflict of the character.
Nov 6, 2011 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
Aurao said:
Shocked said:

I lol'd

me too rofl
Nope.
Nov 6, 2011 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
lol mistaken identity, though I don't blame Caster, the first time I saw Saber I thought she was supposed to be Joan of Arc too.

Emo Kirei is so emo XD
Nov 6, 2011 10:51 PM

Feb 2009
Looking at the preview, it looks like they'll at least keep that part where Kiritsugu feels conflicted. You heard him shouting in the preview and it sure isnt about the enemy.
Nov 6, 2011 11:30 PM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Looking at the preview, it looks like they'll at least keep that part where Kiritsugu feels conflicted. You heard him shouting in the preview and it sure isn’t about the enemy.
Oh so that was the scream? I though it was the one from Caster.

Why does he think Saber is Joan? Is the resembles that much?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 6, 2011 11:36 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
belatkuro said:
Looking at the preview, it looks like they'll at least keep that part where Kiritsugu feels conflicted. You heard him shouting in the preview and it sure isn’t about the enemy.

Picture of jeanne d'arc in the cancelled game:
http://blog-imgs-42.fc2.com/h/i/e/hienkyaku/20111030200716cee.jpg
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Nov 6, 2011 11:53 PM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

No, Caster is the one at the very end screaming. Kiritsugu was the one after Iri. 'We can still escape' is what he said. Why he said that is for next episode.
Nov 7, 2011 12:05 AM

Oct 2010
Sigsig said:
Yumekichi11 said:
belatkuro said:

Picture of Jeanne d'arc in the cancelled game:
Cancelled? You mean she was supposed to be a servant?

Now I see, thanks for the explanation and Caster is still stupid not to notice the hair style at least.

Nov 7, 2011 12:21 AM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Sigsig said:
Yumekichi11 said:
belatkuro said:

Picture of Jeanne d'arc in the cancelled game:
Cancelled? You mean she was supposed to be a servant?

Now I see, thanks for the explanation and Caster is still stupid not to notice the hair style at least.
She could have cut it. It is believed, in fact, that Joan of Arc most could have had short hair but there's a lot of evidence for and against that. In most Saint Jeanne pictures she has the long hair that she has in the Fate/Apocrypha model, but they're not accurate representations.

Nov 7, 2011 12:34 AM

Nov 2009
Caster isn't stupid.

He's fucking batshit insane, if you haven't noticed.
Nov 7, 2011 12:38 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Just one quick fight, but excellent episode.

Nov 7, 2011 2:21 AM

Feb 2011
damn, Kiritsugu blow the whole building
he is not a magus killer but he is a terrorist
Nov 7, 2011 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
ImNotPro said:

He made the entire people inside evacuate, besides gayneth = terrorist?

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 7, 2011 6:27 AM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
ImNotPro said:

He made the entire people inside evacuate, besides gayneth = terrorist?
He actually thinks to himself how he as softened up since he wouldn't have hesitated to bring down the entire buildings, innocents and all, in the past. So yes, you could kinda consider him a terrorist.

Nov 7, 2011 10:38 AM

Aug 2011
LOL when Lancer's master was elaborating his whole plan about how many traps were in the building, then Kiritsugu blows it up. I was like "YOU JUST GOT OWNED."

Oh yeah and:
IRISVIEL IS THE BEST DRIVER EVER!
Nov 7, 2011 11:40 AM

Feb 2010
Nice episode once again.

It was also the first time for the people who have only watched F/SN anime adaptation to see that Kirei is actually pretty badass fighter, not just a guy who only works cowarldy behind the scenes. And like Gil, I also think he's interesting guy otherwise too. Might be my favorite character from the Fate universe. And the fact that Jouji Nakata is voicing him doesn't hurt a bit either.
Nov 7, 2011 6:57 PM

Feb 2009
Caster is a crazy f*ck! Very interesting character, I wanna see this guy go berserk against another servant!

Pretty neat developments through the episode, I'm very intrigued by Gilgamesh conversation. What is this guy up to.
Nov 8, 2011 3:09 AM
Apr 2011
I feel really bad for Keyneth.
He got NTR'd by his own servant.
Nov 8, 2011 4:06 AM

Jul 2010
The December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is revealing on Thursday that the next issue will cover the launch of a new Fate/Zero project on December 10. Newtype's next-issue preview does not indicate what medium the new project will be in.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-11-08/new-fate/zero-project-to-be-revealed-in-newtype

Awesome !
Nov 8, 2011 5:51 AM

Oct 2010
Vasto-Lord said:
The December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is revealing on Thursday that the next issue will cover the launch of a new Fate/Zero project on December 10. Newtype's next-issue preview does not indicate what medium the new project will be in.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-11-08/new-fate/zero-project-to-be-revealed-in-newtype

Awesome !
Interesting but this only mentions of what to become of season 2 of Fate Zero, correct?

Also it will reveal some key notes/production methods and adaptations techniques for season 2. Also correct?

Nov 8, 2011 8:17 AM

Jul 2010
Newtype's scan "Fate/Zero S2"
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh419/dtshyk/84471df7.jpg

Newtype's scan "Fate/Zero NEW PROJECT"
http://livedoor.2.blogimg.jp/humanity6/imgs/f/8/f87b801f.jpg

in my opinion ... it will be a Movie Project Like F/SN Unlimited Blede Works so a alternative version <~~~ sorry for my bad eng -_-"
Nov 8, 2011 8:38 AM

Jul 2007
Vasto-Lord said:

in my opinion ... it will be a Movie Project Like F/SN Unlimited Blede Works so a alternative version <~~~ sorry for my bad eng -_-"

doubt its like UBW, since ubw was sort of based on an another game route (although DEEN butchered it just as much as their FSN "adaptation").

Most likely it will be movie dealing with certain novel (side-) story about Kiritsugu Emiya :)
Nov 8, 2011 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
If it really is Heart of Freaks sidestory that they're doing, OVA should be enough. Movie length is a bit long for it.
Or it could be a different thing.
Whatever it is I'm looking forward to it :)
Nov 8, 2011 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
Vasto-Lord said:

doubt its like UBW, since ubw was sort of based on an another game route (although DEEN butchered it just as much as their FSN "adaptation").

Most likely it will be movie dealing with certain novel (side-) story about Kiritsugu Emiya :)
Should not the third route be adapted into the movie?

Doing any other movie is a waste IMO. Of course redoing DEEN stuff is a must.

Nov 8, 2011 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
belatkuro said:
If it really is Heart of Freaks sidestory that they're doing, OVA should be enough. Movie length is a bit long for it.

Depends. they might want to expand it a bit. Also movie can still vary in length, it just generally means that the project has more money in it than OVA stuff.

I am personally convinced its HoF.

Yumekichi11 said:
Fai said:
Vasto-Lord said:

Its "fate zero project' meaning its not FSN project. :)
Nov 8, 2011 10:26 AM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

Honestly, a movie is FAR too short to adapt a route, and I'm sure ufotable would realize this even if they were able to animate HF.
Nov 8, 2011 10:57 AM

Jul 2007
LostHanyou said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Honestly, a movie is FAR too short to adapt a route, and I'm sure ufotable would realize this even if they were able to animate HF.

^

This.

Every route of FSN should get 13 episode adaptation from ufotable each.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - 3 hours ago

6 by Akuya »»
21 minutes ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.