Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2011 7:43 PM
Jul 2007
The insane price of the "uncut" blu-ray boxset is justified if they add in deleted gore scenes... it seemed kinda awkward just staring at the wall the whole time when they're talking. I know it sounds crazy that people would be willing to pay for more realism, but that's what matters imho. Afraid of gore and mutilation of kids in a fiction-piece of artwork? Please...
eraltergNov 5, 2011 7:50 PM
Nov 5, 2011 7:49 PM

Oct 2009
ggultra2764 said:
Topgunuk69 said:
ggultra2764 said:
Anyone getting the impression that there were some cut scenes during the conversation between Caster and his Master? It looked like the Master was having his fun with mutilating corpses which was too much for the TV airing.

That might have been it then. There was a shot of the Master taking some blood-soaked pins onto a tray and it would pan away to shots of the inside of the building which obviously means something got axed.

Having seen the episode, I don't think they did do the scene in the Novel that I described exactly, since he had scalpels and said something about a thumb, plus he was the only one making a sound so I think he was just mutilating a corpse.

They did have the part where Caster crushes the head of his work of art in anger though.

DrHouse said:
I don't really mind them censoring the torture scene, but I don't see how they're going to show Caster's fights if they're going to censor every bit of blood.

I would hope that they at least keep the scene you're no doubt referring to the same as it was in the Novel, unlike the Human Pipe Organ scene in this one.

Even if they do have to censor it for the TV broadcast.
TopgunUKNov 5, 2011 7:53 PM
Nov 5, 2011 8:31 PM

Aug 2010
Her driving was lovely.
Nov 5, 2011 8:53 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, great start with Irisviel driving; but dang Kiritsugu is such a bad ass taking out a building like it was nothing, but i highly doubt it killed them so it makes me wonder how they survived since he said no magic would be able to brace that fall. Interesting conversation in the end between Kirei and Giglamesh which i didn't really expect, but then again i didn't really expect that Kirei was that skilled with blades either. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 5, 2011 9:25 PM

Feb 2010
Build up episode. But still awesome.
Nov 5, 2011 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
Wow at Irisviel driving.XD Dang at the blowing up the whole building but I sure it was worthless. And the Kirei/Gilgamesh alliance should be interesting.
Nov 5, 2011 9:38 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode. Gil and Kirei are badasses. We get to see Gils true colours when hes with Kirei. This was pretty much a build up episode, which I found to be pretty well done. If only the caster scene didn't get censored this would be perfect.

This is what a show needs. Not nonstop action every episode but build up. I'm guessing all the major action will happen in the 2nd half.
Ragna92Nov 5, 2011 9:43 PM
Nov 5, 2011 10:08 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode.Irisviel driving was so funny.Gilga being badass as always,and lets see how his alliance with Kirei goes.I love how Kiritsugu didnt care taking a whole building down.

Lets wait for next epsiode!
Nov 5, 2011 10:23 PM
Aug 2008
I thought this episode was downright great. I thought, if they did indeed censor some of the torture, that at least they did it somewhat tastefully.

I also thought it was interesting to see the interaction between Gilgamesh and Kirei. Gilgamesh is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, I just love his high-and-mighty bastard attitude. I also got a bit more respect for Kirei in this episode.

Although....... I might be the first to say this, but was I the only one who sensed some sexual tension between Gilgamesh and Kirei in that little scene?
Nov 5, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2010
who need fight face to face when you can just blow the whole building. cool guy never look at explosion
Nov 5, 2011 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, though it was painfully obvious that the Caster scene was censored. But, oh well, I'm sure it'll be brought back in the Blu-ray version. Kiritsugu fucking up the building was pretty interesting, but it was ultimately overshadowed by the great scene between Kirei and Archer...I think everyone with knowledge of Fate/stay was intrigued by this scene.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 5, 2011 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
I don't like this one,also Kire has been dangerous

Nov 5, 2011 11:28 PM

May 2010
Good foreshadowing ep.

It was interesting who's Caster in real time history and found out why kids are their target.

Was curious what's happening with those dark areas during Caster-Ryunosuke scene. I want to see it so badly. =p

Aside from that, Kirei and Archer tandem might turn out good. And I wonder what happened to Lancer, Kayneth and his wife.

No Rider. :(
Nov 5, 2011 11:36 PM

Jun 2008
It's funny to see that Kayneth actually expects Saber to come rushing in the building, but get's an explosion instead.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 5, 2011 11:50 PM

Apr 2011
Another great episode. Why couldn't Ufotable make Fate/ Stay Night??? Kiritsugu is such a badass. Way cooler then Shirou.
Nov 6, 2011 12:30 AM
Dec 2007
Hmm, didn't Kayneth mention there were even exits to other dimensions in the floor? Sounds to me like a escape route.

Nov 6, 2011 12:44 AM

Feb 2011
Forgive my twisted mind but.

Kirei should be careful what he seek cause he might discover something surprising about. *coughs* there's a possibility that he might be just feeling homo to Kiritsugu xD
Nov 6, 2011 12:58 AM

Apr 2011
Loved this ep. I bet Lancer is still alive.

Anyway, who is that caster again?
Nov 6, 2011 1:22 AM

Feb 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Hmm, didn't Kayneth mention there were even exits to other dimensions in the floor? Sounds to me like a escape route.
Nope, that's not it. Good try though :)
Nov 6, 2011 1:44 AM

Jul 2009
Now that's how you drive a SLS AMG.
Nov 6, 2011 1:00 AM

Aug 2010
Lancer command spell is still in the preview so is definitely alive. About the ''team-up'': I think Saber, Lancer and Raider will be the only one actually attend it. (Assassin can't go, Gil is a dXck and Berserker.......)
Nov 6, 2011 1:27 AM
Dec 2008
gonna get the BD BOX to see what happened to those poor children...
love the show cant wait for next week
Nov 6, 2011 1:33 AM

May 2010
Kirigitsu had no mercy to his opponent, he went as far as to blow up the whole building, too bad that Shirou isn't like him !!
Nov 6, 2011 2:17 AM

Jun 2011
Deshili said:
Another great episode. Why couldn't Ufotable make Fate/ Stay Night??? Kiritsugu is such a badass. Way cooler then Shirou.

There'll be no remake of FSN in future...
Nov 6, 2011 2:42 AM

Oct 2010
I find this episode to be on 3 fronts interesting. For one there is caster in the beginning as follows,

His creepiness was showed impeccable along with his insanity in the spoiler
while Irisviel’s face here looked wonderful with the light and of course Assassins had to be around. Were they thinking that Irisviel was Saber’s master? Because that is so not. While I will totally say that all thee columns here while they talk are used as censors especially as I see in the spoiler
a bloody Caster when he did not look like it before and Uryuu. Bet you anything corpses of kids and other people are there.
Damn does that piece of shit Uryuu has a crazy ass smile here. Yeah, I don’t like him and I was so right with Giles name.

The second front is Kayneth. I don’t like the following girl,

She is all slutty over him in the spoiler
while I did like Kayneth’s face here, I further emphasize that when Lancer spoke, right after that she does the following shit in the spoiler
hey bitch! You mocking Lancer and Kayneth by being a hypocrite? Really? Well %#@$@# you girl! I get just bad vibes from her. I might be wrong but she seems wait too fishy. I would like to know WTF was in the spoiler
some power from Kayneth or ??? It looks like some slime familiar? What was that???

Now Emiya…..oh dear! What he does in the spoiler
EPIC! Not even his son could = that except in the third route of Fate. In fact So starts Emiya’s EPIC SAGA! Blowing a whole building to kill one master! EPIC! No more can even describe of how much I yelled it out! EPIC! While Emiya's serious face and cool face lighting cigarette here were both awesome! I was very much touched by how the kid in the spoiler
did affect him a little. I could see it!

Now the third final front is none other than Kirei’s fight with Maiya and Kirei’s talk with Gilgamesh. First of all loved Kirei’s face here before going against Maiya and of course the fact he uses Tiger Claws! Those claws are damn nice. Maiya’s dodge here was nicely and motion fluid done. I know I frame paused it. Lovely hit on Maiya by Kirei in the spoiler
and I got totally trolled that there might be an assassin helping him. Nope! He did himself so where the heck did he learn to fight like that??? Well the motive was good enough. Now Emiya is wide open that he was spying on Kirei.

Now Kirei with his father were rather well done at that part. However the final part in the spoiler
tells me all. Based on his expressions can he betray Tokiomi with his independent function? Can Gilgamesh do it while he has the command seals or only after it? How can a servant betray his master? Perhaps only when the command seals are gone? At least I can understand why the girls are drooling over him when he is clothed like that.

Finally I loved the beginning where Irisviel drove like a racing girl in the spoiler
it was Fabulous Max to see an Initial D parody or at least reminder. Saber did not look to take it good with her expression here and too hot to see the smooth hand of Irisviel shifting manual here. While she is pushing it past 120km/h and that smile is so melting here. Certainly Irisviel was having the time of her life in the spoiler
and so was I having fun seeing her like that. You know she pushed past close to 150 km/h per hour here but that thing going over 270km/h is quite impressive. In fact I would be curious based on the spoiler
to know what kind of car is it other than being a Mercedes type.

From the screams in the preview, caster is going insane.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 6, 2011 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
lol So many caster scene was censored, I really wanted to see organic organ scene. ^^;; Well, staffs say it will be included in BD, so whatever.

Eh... Seriously. I really wanted caster part. It is supposed to show the true, TRUE nature of Urobuchi quality.
Nov 6, 2011 2:48 AM

Oct 2010
ggultra2764 said:
Topgunuk69 said:
ggultra2764 said:
Anyone getting the impression that there were some cut scenes during the conversation between Caster and his Master? It looked like the Master was having his fun with mutilating corpses which was too much for the TV airing.

That might have been it then. There was a shot of the Master taking some blood-soaked pins onto a tray and it would pan away to shots of the inside of the building which obviously means something got axed.
Yeah fuck it just like in Blood C but at least the quality and story are something so it can be ignored. Hmmmmmm going to have mroe fun doing GIFs of those parts? Guess so since uncensored GIFs are so fun with ecchi.

Nov 6, 2011 3:01 AM

Apr 2009
I'm sure I'm not the only one who started off the episode thinking of Initial D with Irisviel's driving.

Can't believe Kiritsugu took down an entire building. Didn't expect something that drastic. As for the scene with Castor, I have a feeling I should be glad it was censored. If the gore is that bad in the novels, I'm kind of contemplating not reading it. If I'm disturbed by Haruki Murakami's description of being skinned alive in A Wind-up Bird Chronicle, I'm afraid of Fate/Zero novels being even worse that that.

Nov 6, 2011 3:18 AM

Oct 2010
allflying said:
A fucked sick shit that IRL killed over 600 kids. This guy makes you puke on yourself of why you even a human being part of the same race as that guy. How the heck we let in the old times a sick shit like that get away for that long is beyond me but tech was shit in crime back then.
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Irisviel is a boss. The best part of the whole episode was her driving.
Yeah, someone please make a gift of Irisviel Driving skills :D
Sure:

my favorite because of that shift! Rest in club:
http://www.myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=362409

Nov 6, 2011 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
Awesome episode indeed. I want more action though lol ^_^

Kirei's Wolverine style swords were badass. xD
Nov 6, 2011 3:39 AM

Nov 2010
Akiyama said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Initial F/Z(;´∀`)

Indeed xD

Saber as Jeanne D'Arc or Queen Arthur.
Both are appleaing to me.

Not much action this episode, but the story telling was excellent.
Nov 6, 2011 4:34 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
allflying said:
A fucked sick shit that IRL killed over 600 kids. This guy makes you puke on yourself of why you even a human being part of the same race as that guy. How the heck we let in the old times a sick shit like that get away for that long is beyond me but tech was shit in crime back then.
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Sure:

thank you so much sir. Awesome gifs!
Nov 6, 2011 6:54 AM

Dec 2010
I know how Caster feels. I thought Saber was Jeanne way back when she wasn't showing her sword in Stay Night.

And I really hope they include the gory scenes of KOORU guy and Caster in the DVD release.

I laughed at Lancer's mole zoom-in. Kayneth must be thinking "Damn that mole."

Seems to me that Caster is physically stronger than I thought.
KurosaneNov 6, 2011 6:59 AM
Nov 6, 2011 7:23 AM
Mar 2009

I guess i leave it here :D
Nov 6, 2011 8:37 AM

Jun 2008
Waffocopter said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who started off the episode thinking of Initial D with Irisviel's driving.

Yeah I did and Iri >>>> Takumi
Nov 6, 2011 8:59 AM

Dec 2010
Shocked said:
A part of me is actually glad that the Caster/Ryuunosuke scene got censored. It's a bit early for a human anatomy class.

The tv serie is censored in more parts, not only this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-06/fate/zero-bd-box-release-to-add-cut-scenes

Is a pity, dislike waiting for director's cut. :/
Nov 6, 2011 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Linkark07 said:
It is sad Shirou didn't follow Kiritsugu footsteps.

Indeed it is.

As for the episode, best part of it was proving that Kiritsugu is ready to do anything do win :D I love that guy.

Also, for a second I thought Gil is going to sexually harass Kirei :D
nina4lifeNov 6, 2011 9:25 AM
Nov 6, 2011 9:30 AM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
allflying said:
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Sure:

Yumekichi11 your gif making skill is very great.
Nov 6, 2011 9:32 AM

Apr 2011
Totally seemed like Gilgamesh was hitting on Kirei ... Gilgamesh is pretty damn hot, I have to admit. Other than his habit of referring to everyone as 'mongrel' :P But yeah, pouring wine into Kirei's zoomed-in crotch was very subtextual.

I love this series, the animation is so gorgeous :) I can't wait to see more battles! Such a badass show. I especially can't wait to see more about Berserker.
Nov 6, 2011 9:35 AM

Dec 2008
Censorship :(

Ah so good though! I love all the characters. This ep made me see Gil in a new light too.
Nov 6, 2011 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
Fujimiya said:

You sir, made me laugh

Yumekichi11 said:
Can Gilgamesh do it while he has the command seals or only after it? How can a servant betray his master? Perhaps only when the command seals are gone?

We had an extensive discussion about that on the other episode thread. All heroic spirits retain who they are, and their own will, except berseker. They follow their master because they need someone to supply mana and to stabilize their vessel existence on this world. Plus if the master wins the grail, they get their own wish granted too, so its a win-win cooperation. They don't have however their will bound by any master, except when a command spell is used. The command spell effectiveness depends on how good a master/magus is and the type of order. Had Waiver used his command spell in episode 2 with something general like "I order rider to respect me", rider was more likely to resist the order than Lancer very specific order of "eliminate saber right now", even though his will was fully against it.

About independent action, Gilgamesh on F/Z apparently can kill Tokiomi and still exist on this world for a week. A good master/magus like Tokiomi can however make a focused order very effective, like "Kill yourself" and be force Archer to shower himself with his Gate of Babylon. Note however that his first command spell usage was "Soothe thy anger and retreat" and not just "retreat immediately." He was gambling that he was good enough a magus to make a semi-general order, compelling Archer's reason to be there to disappear(anger towards his "inferiors" calling themselves kings or "stealing" his property) thus why although he voiced displeasure with Tokiomi, he didn't make faces like Lancer and was still with enough control of himself to say what he wanted to say and leave on his own terms.

Overall I think the mutual benefit synergy is still at place. I don't know what is going to happen, but for now both master and servant seems to keep mutual respect.
Faker_Nov 6, 2011 9:45 AM
Nov 6, 2011 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
If I'm one of the Masters. Remind me to evacuate from a high rise building I'm staying at when the fire alarm rings even if i set up a lot of traps lol!

That's just wow! after evacuating all the people on the building he did not care on the other things! He blew that building in the face of the planet xD

haha and i understand Caster's feelings... ahahaha

But now its beginning to unfold how Gil managed to stay until the next Holy War which continued on FSN. Because Tokiomi was boring xD
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Nov 6, 2011 9:57 AM

Dec 2009
Fujimiya said:

Real subs? If yes, I'll download them the next time. Fuck UTW.
Nov 6, 2011 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
glad to know Gilamesh finds Tokiomi boring as hell too :)
loved his scene with Kirei the most

am i the only one who miss Rider in this epi :b
Nov 6, 2011 11:09 AM

Mar 2011
Blowing up an entire building to kill one guy is just plain badass.
Nov 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Nov 2009
One guy?? Is a super saiyin MASTAH, he is even blond :P
Nov 6, 2011 2:12 PM

Oct 2009
Shocked said:
A part of me is actually glad that the Caster/Ryuunosuke scene got censored. It's a bit early for a human anatomy class.

I lol'd
Nov 6, 2011 2:57 PM
Dec 2007
Blind_Guardian said:
Totally seemed like Gilgamesh was hitting on Kirei ... Gilgamesh is pretty damn hot, I have to admit. Other than his habit of referring to everyone as 'mongrel' :P But yeah, pouring wine into Kirei's zoomed-in crotch was very subtextual.

I love this series, the animation is so gorgeous :) I can't wait to see more battles! Such a badass show. I especially can't wait to see more about Berserker.

Nov 6, 2011 4:17 PM

Nov 2010
Omg, I could watch this for 6 hours and still have a feeling it was only 15 minutes >.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Nov 6, 2011 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
sankar said:
Yumekichi11 said:
allflying said:
Gamaliel said:
prismheart said:
Sure:

I can see he's quite experienced. Almost every post of him have new gifs.

Yumekichi11 your gif making skill is very great.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
2 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.