Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 11, 2011 4:01 AM
Dec 2007
JustALEX said:
Actually now that I think about it....Saber would make more sense if she would've been Joan of Arc.

Sorry SUPER HARDCORE F/SN and F/Z fans.....but, being King Arthur has never made any sense whatsoever!

However a blonde woman who was courageous, fought in battles, and actually DID pretend to be a man (Joan of Arc), make a lot more sense!

Well, whatever, I don't really mind Saber being King Arthur.....it just doesn't make sense.
It doesn't have to make sense. Type-Moon originally made the story with the real King Arthur and a female protagonist called Sajyou Ayaka but the producers considered a female protagonist wouldn't do well for the target audience so it was changed into Shirou and Arturia. The more you know.

Nov 11, 2011 9:05 AM

Jan 2010
how always very good episode.
Nov 11, 2011 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
Leon-Gun said:
It doesn't have to make sense. Type-Moon originally made the story with the real King Arthur and a female protagonist called Sajyou Ayaka but the producers considered a female protagonist wouldn't do well for the target audience so it was changed into Shirou and Arturia. The more you know.

Where is the donation box to give funds for them to remake that? Thanks.
Nov 11, 2011 6:08 PM

Feb 2010
Episode felt weak to me. My opinion of the series hasn't changed--I still think it's fantastic--but nothing in this episode got me excited, neither driving nor a building explosion, which I doubt actually achieved anything.
Nov 12, 2011 1:32 AM
Mar 2009
OMGAWD at that driving scene. The animation style clashed so hard. Cartoons inside CG? Wut.

Wait...so he's actually Gilles de Rais and not Bluebeard? It's kind of weird seeing them mix the two characters into one. I also don't remember ever learning that he loved Joan/Jeanne.

Lol, is Kayneth intimidated by that woman? Although it looks like she fell under Lancer's spell.

Dayum! Taking that whole building down? Quite rash, but I guess he at least cares enough to let everyone else get out.
Nov 12, 2011 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
Amazing as always. Judging by what they're saying/screaming in the preview, seems like something exciting is gonna happen. Cant wait for the next one, I wish this is a friday show instead, fits my sched. Hoping it goes to 1st place or somewhere near soon.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 12, 2011 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
konoyomi said:
Episode felt weak to me. My opinion of the series hasn't changed--I still think it's fantastic--but nothing in this episode got me excited, neither driving nor a building explosion, which I doubt actually achieved anything.

this episode is purely a tension build-up episode, after all...

ChronosXIII said:
OMGAWD at that driving scene. The animation style clashed so hard. Cartoons inside CG? Wut.

Wait...so he's actually Gilles de Rais and not Bluebeard? It's kind of weird seeing them mix the two characters into one. I also don't remember ever learning that he loved Joan/Jeanne.

Lol, is Kayneth intimidated by that woman? Although it looks like she fell under Lancer's spell.

Dayum! Taking that whole building down? Quite rash, but I guess he at least cares enough to let everyone else get out.

Bluebeard tale is believed to be inspired from Gilles de Rais.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_rais

Leon-Gun said:
JustALEX said:
Actually now that I think about it....Saber would make more sense if she would've been Joan of Arc.

Sorry SUPER HARDCORE F/SN and F/Z fans.....but, being King Arthur has never made any sense whatsoever!

However a blonde woman who was courageous, fought in battles, and actually DID pretend to be a man (Joan of Arc), make a lot more sense!

Well, whatever, I don't really mind Saber being King Arthur.....it just doesn't make sense.

Well, maybe they didn't chose Joan of Arc because she doesn't has any trademark weapons to be made her Noble Phantasm. Besides, the Arthurian legend is more well-known than the story of Joan of Arc, so choosing Saber as King Arthur would be beneficial to the publicity of F/SN.

And the fact that she was made female allows for more character development in F/Z, and that would be the story behind Saber and Berserker which would be unfold later (what was made for publicity in F/SN, becomes inspiration for development in F/Z... nice job, Urobuchi).

I would like to see Saber as the real King Arthur too, though.
It will be very interesting, as long as they won't transform him into some enthusiastic young boy with character similar to Shirou :D. It would be way much better to make him a GAR badass.
Reim_SeranthNov 12, 2011 3:08 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 12, 2011 3:08 AM
Dec 2007
wishbook said:

Leon-Gun said:
JustALEX said:

Well, maybe they didn't chose Joan of Arc because she doesn't has any trademark weapons to be made her Noble Phantasm. Besides, the Arthurian legend is more well-known than the story of Joan of Arc, so choosing Saber as King Arthur would be beneficial to the publicity of F/SN.

And the fact that she was made female allows for more character development in F/Z, and that would be the story behind Saber and Berserker which would be unfold later (what was made for publicity in F/SN, becomes inspiration for development in F/Z... nice job, Urobuchi).

I would like to see Saber as the real King Arthur too, though.
It will be very interesting, as long as they didn't transform him into some enthusiastic young boy with character similar to Shirou :D. It would be way much better to make him a GAR badass.
No, Nasu was quoted admitting the change from male to female was purely a business decision in order to ensure the maximun amount of sales for the eroge. The use of Arthurian legend however was just Nasu's personal taste. In other words, he liked the legend. And you'd be the surprised the kind of Overpowered Noble Phantasms and skills Joan of Arc has in Apocrypha. She's even of the Rules Class, overseer of the Holy Grail.

Nov 12, 2011 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
kaimax said:
JustALEX said:

You're like the guy who will always question a joke.

Comic :"why did the chicken cross the road?"
You: "Who the fuck let chickens cross the road, it doesn't make sense"

That's a huge exaggeration and has nothing to do with what I was saying...

Sure it DOESN'T have to make sense, but I believe they did it because having a good looking female character as the face of their VN is a lot more profitable than a dude.

HELL, why not make Saber Alexandra the great?

I'm not really raging about this issue, I'm just saying that since Joan of Arc was mentioned, it made me think that would've made more sense than King Arthur.
Nov 12, 2011 7:27 PM

Jan 2009
WOW and i TOTALLY thought Caster was Dracula (based on the accent and general creepiness) wowwwwwwwwww was i fooled bigtime. No wonder the blue beard thing didn't make sense. (after checking wikipedia it falls into place). Even though Dracula probably is more magical/casterish than a French knight who murders children.. >_>

I was also confused as well at Jeanne (of Arc) instead of Joan.... then Wiki saved me again there because Jeanne was apparently the French version of what is known as Joan in english.
Nov 13, 2011 6:24 AM
Dec 2007
KanuTousen said:
WOW and i TOTALLY thought Caster was Dracula (based on the accent and general creepiness) wowwwwwwwwww was i fooled bigtime. No wonder the blue beard thing didn't make sense. (after checking wikipedia it falls into place). Even though Dracula probably is more magical/casterish than a French knight who murders children.. >_>

I was also confused as well at Jeanne (of Arc) instead of Joan.... then Wiki saved me again there because Jeanne was apparently the French version of what is known as Joan in english.
Watch episode 7. His spellbook is actually rumored to have existed and it wasn't really his, but Prelati's. Technically in real life he was no magus,

Nov 14, 2011 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
Kiritsugu singlehandedly blows up building.

PROOF THAT 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.

INVESTIGATE BUSH. INVESTIGATE CHENEY. OCCUPY WASHINGTON D.C. DOWN WITH CAPITALISM.
Nov 14, 2011 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
JustALEX said:
kaimax said:
JustALEX said:

You're like the guy who will always question a joke.

Comic :"why did the chicken cross the road?"
You: "Who the fuck let chickens cross the road, it doesn't make sense"

That's a huge exaggeration and has nothing to do with what I was saying...

Sure it DOESN'T have to make sense, but I believe they did it because having a good looking female character as the face of their VN is a lot more profitable than a dude.

HELL, why not make Saber Alexandra the great?

I'm not really raging about this issue, I'm just saying that since Joan of Arc was mentioned, it made me think that would've made more sense than King Arthur.

Actually, I've always thought Saber being female added a complexity to her character that just wouldn't have been there if she had been male and i also think her gender makes sense in the Fate/stay universe. Thinking of it as a "what if" scenario it's actually pretty cool imo. I hate to beat a dead horse, but in the VN her gender is actually a big part of what defines her character and actions. So, I'd argue that her being female was ultimately the right choice.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2011 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
Casters real name has been confirmed tho i wonder if he will ever excepts Saber's true identity.
There is certainly allot wrong with him and those poor kids that suffered or are going to suffer because of him just sad.
Hopefully he will be taken care of quickly.

Lancers masters didn't see the explosion coming seems his defense didn't help much with that.
I wonder if they survived.
Nov 20, 2011 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
Caster wasn't even listening to Saber, he's trapped in his own delusions. I didn't really expect him to be another insane Servant aside from Berserker, who by the nature of his class is insane by default.

Devious "solution" there by Kiritsugu. Kayneth and his vaunted defenses got TOLD. He might as well be the first Master casualty of the war, but Waver seems to still have business with him, so there could be a small chance that the story won't dispose of him this early in. If he manages to survive, then perhaps Caster and his Master would be the first ones to fall.
Nov 22, 2011 5:28 AM

Sep 2010
Irisviel went out for the first time recently, and she drives car? Wtf.
Maybe Kirei and Gilgamesh will work together? Hope so, I agree with Gilgamesh that Tokiomi is boring.
I still really dislike Caster and his Master.

4/5 for this episode.
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Dec 6, 2011 6:31 PM

Dec 2009
After 6 episodes I`m disappointed. Servants are really weird, especially rider... There`s no one matching Archer from Fate/Stay night, and even the presence of Saber and Gilgamesh can`t help it. I only hope that berserker will be interesting...
The characters of masters are very poor, most of them are lacking developed background story. And i fear that there wouldn`t be any good drama or romance here comparable with the Fate/Stay night storyline.

On the other hand, this show is still interesting to watch...
Dec 6, 2011 8:00 PM

Aug 2010
CyberHeart said:
After 6 episodes I`m disappointed. Servants are really weird, especially rider... There`s no one matching Archer from Fate/Stay night, and even the presence of Saber and Gilgamesh can`t help it. I only hope that berserker will be interesting...
The characters of masters are very poor, most of them are lacking developed background story. And i fear that there wouldn`t be any good drama or romance here comparable with the Fate/Stay night storyline.

First of all romance was never really a big thing in the Fate franchise. If your in it for drama and romance go watch some Toradora.

I think your the first to claim that the servants are really weird, and going by the way your talking you've probably only seen the FSN anime. Fate zero has much more interesting masters then the FSN(anime). In the first episode of Zero they already show us their reasons for fighting the grail, and it's no longer just some childish war.
Dec 14, 2011 7:44 AM

Mar 2008
Ragna92 said:
CyberHeart said:

First of all romance was never really a big thing in the Fate franchise. If your in it for drama and romance go watch some Toradora.

I think your the first to claim that the servants are really weird, and going by the way your talking you've probably only seen the FSN anime. Fate zero has much more interesting masters then the FSN(anime). In the first episode of Zero they already show us their reasons for fighting the grail, and it's no longer just some childish war.

i wholeheartedly agree with you. also, the romance in the FSN-anime sucked big time.. well, the whole anime sucked but oh well.. ("people die if they are killed" ;D)

and seriously, what's wrong with rider? his personality is priceless. without him, it would be a whole lot less entertaining..
Mar 2, 2012 5:13 PM

Jan 2012
LOL at the beginning... irisviel driving car like a boss LOL

is it possible that saber and jeanne de arc look alike?

kiritsugu blowing up the building... like a boss LOL
Mar 25, 2012 9:10 PM

Feb 2012
Kirei and Gilgamesh...so it begins.
Apr 21, 2012 6:17 PM

Jun 2009
Just can't say enough how much I like that conversation between Kotomine and Gil. I'm thinking that dialogue about the Root, wasn't there before? Or maybe I just forgot.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 21, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Just can't say enough how much I like that conversation between Kotomine and Gil. I'm thinking that dialogue about the Root, wasn't there before? Or maybe I just forgot.
No, you're right. The part about the Root was added in the BD version.
Apr 21, 2012 8:23 PM

Jun 2009
stAtic91 said:
insan3soldiern said:
No, you're right. The part about the Root was added in the BD version.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. Btw, I really liked how they did Gil's reflection in his wine glass, with I guess the universe or something (since that's what he had just mentioned) reflecting as well. Really cool.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 21, 2012 12:46 AM

Nov 2011
Typical ufotable...to animate all the cars and little details while the building was coming down, such attention to detail.
From the preview, Lancer is still around, and good thing they explicitly didn't show any scenes of Lancer's master meeting his end; I still hope Lancer is the one that kills his master.

And good to see that Irisviel has a childish and funny side.
AzureBluesMay 21, 2012 8:35 PM
May 21, 2012 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
I have a feeling not too many masters are going to listen to the kill caster plan. Especially with some of the personalities of the servants (though I guess a command spell could be enforced).
May 21, 2012 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
Lol @ Irisviel's crazy awesome driving skills. And Kiritsugu blowing up a building was a bit excessive but that's what his character's about after all.
Aug 8, 2012 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
Kirei you so boring
I'm having trouble remembering names lol
good episode
End Zionazism
Sep 11, 2012 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
The car scene at the beginning was clearly the highlight of the episode!

Iri: This is my favorite toy Kiri gave me!
Saber: Toy!?

*continues driving with no caution*
Sep 12, 2012 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
WTF he blow up the entire building didnt expect that.
Sep 13, 2012 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
I thought they were gonna get into an accident.
Sep 14, 2012 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Lancers master had to somehow survive right? I think that was too easy! lol

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 14, 2012 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
I never knew how skilled Kirei was. I guess Assassin was the best Servant for him.
Dec 20, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2009
Seemed like the deal he struck with Gilgamesh kind of wasn't worth it ... I mean he got nothing in return ... Anyways can't wait to find out what Caster can do.
Jan 29, 2013 1:41 AM
Aug 2011
It is not the place to ask, but, does anyone know how come Ilya is eight years old already? She is eight in the f/sn too.
Jan 29, 2013 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
Adramelech said:
It is not the place to ask, but, does anyone know how come Ilya is eight years old already? She is eight in the f/sn too.

Actually, Ilya is older than Shirou in Fate/stay. Can't really say much more than that due to spoilers and all that.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 3, 2013 7:32 AM

Jan 2012
Gilgamesh is right, Tokiomi is boring. Anyway, blowing up the building seems a bit to much lol.

Mar 3, 2013 7:35 AM
May 2012
ownosourus said:
Gilgamesh is right, Tokiomi is boring. Anyway, blowing up the building seems a bit to much lol.
And it didn't even work. lol
Mar 7, 2013 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Adramelech said:
How did you figure out her age in FSN?English dub or something?She is 18 btw.
Funny isnt it?The only female MC that is actually 18 and above doesnt have any h-scenes.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaAug 4, 2013 6:54 AM
Jun 11, 2013 6:41 AM

Apr 2013
A good method of assassination. Taking down a whole building. But he made sure all the people were evacuated.
Jun 11, 2013 7:11 AM

Nov 2012
the car scene by Iri :3 lol XD kind of cool.. saber kind of freak out when in the car too :3

oh poor saber has kind of big fan XD
Jun 29, 2013 5:08 AM

Feb 2013
The car scene was the best. Iri showing off her driving skills by pulling some "Tokyo drifts". xD

It seems that Kayneth is worried that his wife was charmed by Lancer's love spot.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 18, 2013 8:38 AM

May 2013
I wonder what happened to the dudes in the building, and Iri drives like a boss.
Jul 24, 2013 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode. Not as much action.
Aug 4, 2013 6:39 PM

Apr 2013
Irisviel being an adrenaline junkie... xD

Lancer is really intimidating, but really savvy as well.

I really wish Caster and Ryuunosuke get killed already...

4/5

Sep 15, 2013 1:23 PM
May 2013
Hiryu12 said:

4/5

I hope they will die in a horrible way, slowly and painfully.
Sep 15, 2013 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
Zarnaav said:
Hiryu12 said:

4/5

I hope they will die in a horrible way, slowly and painfully.

lol
Oct 8, 2013 5:12 AM

Sep 2011
Heh I though so, that Bluebeard mistook Saber for Jeanne d'Arc.

Kiritsugu is totally badass. Though I know that they will survive anyway, but it was still hilarious. I mean Archibald or whoever talking about all those defensive magic shit he used and then Kiritsugu is like "Fuck your magic bullshit" and blows up the whole fucking building :D
Oct 9, 2013 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
lol when i watched this:

*him talking about all his defense mechanism*
me: oh well, they wont be able to enter it
*building get blowed up*
me:... didnt expect this

also, why does he reside in a hotel? i thought buildings are not really safe
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
5 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.