Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2008 3:26 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What is Norb? Looks like a compact drive thing inside him O.O
Aug 12, 2008 8:35 PM

Aug 2007
oh shit theres a baby!
Nov 18, 2008 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
oh shit baby + slowass episode
Jun 21, 2009 12:47 AM

Jan 2009
Norbu seems like a pretty cool guy. Was able to take out an LFO hands free. I wonder why he has a compact drive in his chest.

Jun 21, 2009 7:56 AM
Feb 2009
Watch episode 41 and you'll know.
Jul 12, 2009 8:43 AM

Jul 2009
because he failed to become a Human-form Coralian partner, that stupid idiot from the military spoiled that for us XD
and wth!?
-a baby!?
-a guy with a Compac drive!?
things are getting pretty interesting^^,can't wait to watch the next eps
Sep 12, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
Talho's a mommy =D

NOW I know why she dropped the whore look :\
Feb 11, 2010 4:47 PM

Apr 2009
I just wonder if Renton will get the same powers as norb...
and moondoggie is a pilot? lol
Jun 3, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2010
Kawaii! a baby *-*
Dec 12, 2010 12:10 AM

Mar 2009
Yay for Moondoggie.
and Holland's facial expression was funny about finding out that Talho is pregnant.
That actually does explain her recent change.

Dec 15, 2010 8:41 PM

May 2009
^ It definitely does explain it. She's actually acting more mature now.

...and why did I always think that that clothing looked vaguely like maternity clothing...

...come to think of it, why does that also resemble what Ray Beams wore? I mean, the solid-color bodysuit thing.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 25, 2011 3:08 PM

Aug 2010
TALHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 24, 2011 11:11 PM

Apr 2011
"Norb is the legendary super-powerful monk", Norb is like some famous air nomad!
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
May 7, 2012 8:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So the Avatar showed up.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 5, 2012 3:05 PM

Apr 2011
niedude said:
Talho's a mommy =D

NOW I know why she dropped the whore look :

Finally got laid.
Jul 29, 2012 5:57 AM

Mar 2012
I like how this is going. But they're entering the capitol now...shit's about to go down.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Aug 26, 2012 9:40 PM

May 2011
Awesome, Holland's really going to take shit way more seriously and consider his actions more now that Taiho's pregnant. Also, the part where he said, "We sure do have a lot of kids," touched me.

Good episode for sure, and shit's about to go downnnn.
Know an AMAZINGGG anime with a strong male lead?!?!11one//?!

TELLMEEEE.
NoSrsly, bby. I'll love you forever. But no romance. I mean, romance is fine between you and I, but I don't want to watch that crap, okay? Okay.
Nov 22, 2012 8:20 PM

Sep 2010
Yeah Holland made Talho pregnant!

Sadly another death flag for Holland. He is going to die no doubt about it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 25, 2012 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Lmao finally he told Talho her hair doesn't look good on her. Also we should have expected this ever anime the girl gets pregnant eventually
Mar 7, 2013 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
Nice flashback.
Apr 11, 2013 5:26 PM
Apr 2012
botch said:

Unlikely. Norb failed to become a 'partner' and ended up destroying Sakuya, who was a Coralian like Eureka and Anemone. I don't why Norb failed in becoming a partner or how and why Sakuya was destroyed, but we can expect Renton to successfully become a partner. So he will probably not end up like Norb, though he might get certain powers once he succeeds, I doubt he will have a compac drive replace his heart.
Apr 24, 2013 4:47 AM

Jan 2013
Morani90 said:
botch said:

Unlikely. Norb failed to become a 'partner' and ended up destroying Sakuya, who was a Coralian like Eureka and Anemone. I don't why Norb failed in becoming a partner or how and why Sakuya was destroyed, but we can expect Renton to successfully become a partner. So he will probably not end up like Norb, though he might get certain powers once he succeeds, I doubt he will have a compac drive replace his heart.

I highly doubt the Compac drive is replacing his heart.. Looks pretty close to the surface of his chest too.
So, why the fuck havent they even explained what a compac drive is. It obviously is what starts mechs, but why does it interact with them if it wasnt originally from them? and why do so many people have them if they dont operate mechs? i used to think they operated ref boards but that doesnt seem so.
That compac drive is probably what caused Norb to be able to control Holland's mech.

that odaraa priest is beast! i likin hollans a tad it more. vodaracs believe in coralians! finally they explained what the vodaracs believe in. idk how they ever identified that black girl as coralian the episode renton brought her to the hospital, its obivous theyre not a specific race or skin color.
eureka is still ugly as shit, making my eyes bleed. seriously, what a shitty job at makinng
an even SEMI appealing protagonist.
that dewey guy sure looks nice for being so mean. also, do they ever plan on explaining why he went to prison? looks like he has the same military posisition as he did in holland's flash back..
Im kinda getting the feeling theyre making this shit up on the spot. like theyre FINALLY answering a few of the questions since the beginning of the series, but i get the feeling that they didnt put too much thought into until the time came. its just not that clever, at all. for the amount of questions
they leave unanswered, they sure dont have a big impact once they finally are answered other
than the relief of finally knowing. normally, theres a build up, and surprising reason and thats
why they build up the suspense of having them answered.
for the animation and "seemingly"
work they put into this, Im just not all that impressed at all. Im mostly bored. ive contemplated
dropping this for awhile, but i might as well finish it since im here now.
THOUGH, this episode was better.
Talho's pregooooo. I was going to mention how she still needs to get laid but apparently she has.
I didnt know holland and her were getting it on. they mustve had sex when he still like eureka too which is kinda messed up. they dont act romantic, well holland doesnt atleast. lol he's just tryna bust a nut i guess.
Jul 11, 2013 2:20 PM

May 2010
SHE's pregnant?!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 1, 2013 2:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm really liking Holland and Talho now, and wow a baby? :D Now let's just hope both of them stay alive. I liked the flashback, glad we're getting more answers and Norb seems like a very interesting character.
Aug 3, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
That was full of win, Norbu is op as fuck.
DoggieOnii-san pilot? aye!
Talho pregnant? :o
Holland told Talho that her hairs doesn't look good on her, finally!
Sep 10, 2013 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Talho is a mom! \o/

Norb is one badass monk.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 9, 2014 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
Talho is gonna be a mommy! Didn't see that coming.

Kinda funny how Holland told her that her hair didn't look good lol.
My Candies:
Jul 19, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
Norb is so cool.. about time Holland and Talho patch things up.
I can't wait for the real fight to happen.
Jul 21, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
Yay for the baby! But then again that's like an obvious death flag for someone :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 5:46 PM

May 2012
Good going Holland with impregnating Talho! Overall episode was nice but the coming next episode will surely be intense! Let's see what's next.
Dec 29, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2009
When the heck did Holland knock up Talho? they never showed a single scene... Not even a kiss. I think this was a stupid development...
Jan 18, 2015 3:27 PM

Nov 2014
Loved this episode. Norb is so badass, very interesting character.
Feb 5, 2015 7:43 PM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, that Norb is really intriguing. Dewey said that he ''failed to became his beloved half''... I wonder what's the hidden meaning behind this, since if I remember well, they said that Eureka was the first humanoid coralian.

I have the feeling Talho children is a lie. I don't know why, but to me, it seem like she said that he'll fight to survive. That if he have to choose between his life or Norb life, he would choose his. Of course, she could really be pregnant x)

It's Doggie time to shine! Pilot that bitch! Though you'll never be as cool as mustache dude
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 15, 2015 9:26 PM
Nov 2011
so who else, suddenly had a feeling that we've been trolled up till now??

Its clear at this point that Renton and Eureka aren't actually the main characters. It appears to be Holland is.... and this story is about his redemption... well maybe.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Aug 10, 2016 9:46 PM

Jun 2016
because shes cute, does it matter thats shes not human... or something to the affect... wow, thats got to be the worst line I have ever seen in an anime.. and its said by a "priest"... what does he even mean?! xD

Holland - "I was confused, because I hadn't been told anything at all," you and the rest of us watching this sad excuse for a plot man...

A pregnant Talho says she will protect her unborn child with her own life if she has to... does she realize that having a baby inside her is not like laying an egg?
ChungaAvengedAug 10, 2016 10:05 PM
Jan 28, 2017 2:32 PM
Aug 2014
Ownsin said:
When the heck did Holland knock up Talho? they never showed a single scene... Not even a kiss. I think this was a stupid development...

She was naked in his bed in one of the early episodes.

So Holland believed everything that Norb had to say, except the part about not being Euraka's partner and that's why he was treating Renton so poorly or was it because Renton's sister dumped him? Either one doesn't have have coming out very will in my eyes.
Jul 3, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Babies and compact drives....that was interesting.
Sep 23, 2017 10:31 PM
Dec 2015
God, I love Talho! More reason to love her now :D
Man, Holland is one lucky man prolly spanking that ass 24/7 lol.
It does feel like a deathflag for both of them.
Oct 18, 2017 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Talho is pregnant o_O

I thought half the time he seemed to hate her, it seemed more like she liked him but not that much the other way around. I don't when they were so affectionate she got pregnant lol.

But anyways ...

The guy has a compact drive in his body! dafuq is that about?
Apr 20, 2018 5:57 AM

Aug 2017
I guess Talho was the pregnant one and Hilda was merely in on it in episode 17.
There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to see it.
Jul 25, 2019 5:18 PM

Apr 2019
The fact that Talho is pregnant means that is very possible for Holland to die. I guess that Sakuya turned into Norb's compact drive. Also, Moondoggie drama was kind of unnecessary. Well, I guess Holland was Eureka's Dominic and his Lolicon tendencies were explained.
Dec 18, 2019 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
Oh wow, I should've seen that coming since it makes so much sense.

Congrats!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 20, 2020 7:35 AM
Mar 2019
Morani90 said:

Im kinda getting the feeling theyre making this shit up on the spot. like theyre FINALLY answering a few of the questions since the beginning of the series, but i get the feeling that they didnt put too much thought into until the time came. its just not that clever, at all. for the amount of questions
they leave unanswered, they sure dont have a big impact once they finally are answered other
than the relief of finally knowing. normally, theres a build up, and surprising reason and thats
why they build up the suspense of having them answered.
for the animation and "seemingly"
work they put into this, Im just not all that impressed at all. Im mostly bored. ive contemplated
dropping this for awhile, but i might as well finish it since im here now.
THOUGH, this episode was better.

I completely agree. I've had a lot of fun with this show, I think there were a lot of questions laid out at the beginning of the show, and seeing that the show is 50 episodes long, I assumed these would be answered towards the end. I think direction has been solid all the way through and the animation quality has drastically improved from the early episodes; but the show just seems to be getting more and more contrived the further I get into it. A sage with mystical powers, presumably powered by the compac drive in his chest (?) is beginning to fall outside the tone of this series in my opinion (but the man eating coralians actually made sense imo. I know there were a lot of complaints about them a couple episodes back). It just seems like the writers had the idea of teen romance + mechs written in the classic shounen formula as the goal, and disregarded the growing pile of unchecked world building.
I worry that the slow, gradual build up of this show won't meet the expectations it set up; which sucks because as I said earlier, I've had a lot of fun with this show in terms of a few specific characters, and the allure of this unfamiliar world

Veretax said:
so who else, suddenly had a feeling that we've been trolled up till now??

Its clear at this point that Renton and Eureka aren't actually the main characters. It appears to be Holland is.... and this story is about his redemption... well maybe.

I can't agree that Holland is the main character but he is definitely the strongest out of the supporting cast. I've been saying it for a while, that Renton, Eureka, Holland and Talho are the only significant characters in Gekkostate, and the rest seem to be there solely to fill room in their crew and to serve as plot devices, not actual characters. The most glaring example of this for me, was when it was revealed that the crew didn't even know exactly what they were fighting for (in the episode where Talho revealed to everyone, not just Renton, that Eureka was coralian). I even made the argument a couple episodes back that Dominic was a more developed and well written character than all of Gekkostate (excluding the four characters I mentioned) and he hasn't had nearly the same screen time as the rest of the supporting cast.

ChungaAvenged said:

Holland - "I was confused, because I hadn't been told anything at all," you and the rest of us watching this sad excuse for a plot man...

LOOOOL too true

KidLeafAug 20, 2020 7:46 AM
Dec 23, 2020 4:06 PM

Jul 2017
Talho maturing her look and attitude made sense before given the context of the situation, but makes even more sense now given that she got knocked up with a kid in her belly, Holland's child. Congratulations to the two of them. I may have hated Holland at times so badly that I wanted to knee him in the face myself but nice to see him more grown up now, moving on from being disappointed that he wasn't the hero in the fairy tale (which Renton turned out to be when Eureka fell in love with him and chose him to truly be her partner), and embracing a less abrasive and jealous attitude, while now having some people to protect that he cares about and they care back even more, Talho and the kid. Overly cliched at times, absolutely, but a solid episode overall nonetheless.
May 11, 2021 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
"I'm willing to die to protect this baby". This statement is just... stupid is the only word that comes to mind. Die AFTER its been born woman otherwise this is just the writers trying to make a powerful moment but it just sounds dumb given the fetus would die with her.

Euruka has been more more pathetic than I recall from my first time watching this anime, makes me wonder how I could have liked a character that spends her time either clinging to Renton or curled in the fetal position in bed, pfft.
Oct 13, 2021 7:41 PM

Mar 2016
34 episodes, it took this long for the truth to finally be revealed personally by Holland, of his past with the military, Eureka and how Gekkostate came about to be. "I was confused because I hadn't been told anything at all" If there's a quote that can describe us as the audience of this show, it's this. We have always been hinted at many things about this world, the past and the coralians, but only now did they explain to us what's needed to be heard the most.

Talho is pregnant, not surprising if I do say so myself, if you were to remember from many eps ago, it's been hinted that Talho along with Hilda IIRC has 'another person' to feed. They're both pregnant by the looks of it, this ep is just a confirmation that Talho is indeed bearing Holland's child though it's quite strange how they never slept on the same bed, guess Holland just prefer sleeping on his yellow couch.

Both Talho and Holland has grown up to not be a pair of bitch and asshole anymore, Talho wasn't so much the problem as Holland is so he'd better redeem himself in this next mission.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.