Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 28, 2014 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
IF I WAS A BETTING MAN I WOULD HAVE BET MY LIFE SAVINGS ON SHU GRABBING THAT GIRL'S BOOB AND NOTHING HAPPENING, EXCEPT MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF AWKWARDNESS.
Dec 9, 2014 1:35 AM

Apr 2014
Shu has shitty friends lol
Apr 3, 2015 8:03 AM

Dec 2012
Going down the Guilty Crown DxD route with all of the harem antics huh? Issei Shu even has the same voice as him. Oh boy, that betrayal at the end...Sugar be sour.
Dec 2, 2015 10:14 PM

Apr 2009
Backstabber.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2015 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
So Inori is living with Shuu now.
Shuu's mother works in the lab!
Of course the friend would betray Shuu...
Mar 21, 2016 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
Great advice there Inori gave to Shu regarding making eye contact with people.

I think it's time to start looking for better friends, huh Shu? lol
Oct 26, 2016 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
Ugh, Inori is such a boring and dislikeable character...

The ending of this episode was pretty intense. Wondering what'll happen next.
Nov 27, 2016 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
Shu is caught, ggwp.
Dec 29, 2016 7:18 PM

Dec 2014
I did not see his friend betraying him that fast
Feb 4, 2017 7:47 PM

May 2013
Damn. Shu was too naive :/

Now he needs to kill that Sugar bastard for hoeing him like that >.>
Feb 26, 2017 4:58 PM

Sep 2015
Oh lol... first thing I thought was that Yahiro was gonna be a victim of a fight involving Shu. Then he turns out to be a guy who wants to keep his secret personality hidden. Shu wipes his memory and makes up. The backstabbing was totally unexpecting.
Aug 3, 2017 2:34 PM

Jun 2017
I don't really know what to think about Inori. Is she really the good girl? Why is the way she talks so strange... sounds like a ghost.

And why did she say "Can I stay with you forever"? Is it because she has some feelings for him or because she is very loyal to the Undertakers and Gai??

Questions, Questions and more Questions can be asked.

Aug 5, 2017 5:58 AM

Jan 2013
Knew it had to be Yashiro but I actually thought he'd be able to stay friend with Shu, guess not ... TRAITOR.
Wonder how he'll be able to get out of GHQ's hands, maybe the Funeral Parlor can get him out.
Mar 19, 2018 2:52 AM
Apr 2017
... This is so terrible...
It's the first show I have to rank it 4/10 within the first 3 episode and it have 24...
Am I really going to suffer more?
I shouldve drop it by now, but ill give 2 more chance
Feb 27, 2019 1:01 AM

Feb 2018
Inori so cute xD, what meaning about last scene? Rebellion?
Mar 16, 2019 5:13 AM

Mar 2019
Really enjoyed the first few episodes so far
Jul 31, 2019 11:45 PM

May 2019
Although the story is not the best, the pace is great!
Sep 20, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
This episode felt pretty rushed, I didn't even understand what is going on with Yahiro(?). The only thing I know is that Shu got MC-syndrom and will just let his enemies get away so they can stab him in the back later on. Classical protagonist.
Jan 31, 2020 1:40 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yahiro is really a bastard now Shu is in a bad situation
Apr 16, 2020 4:14 PM

Feb 2019
so, everything that makes me whole

instantly came

That aside, superb art and animation bro!

And that revelation is so abrupt it feels really out of place.
Based_DepartmentApr 16, 2020 4:26 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 18, 2020 2:00 PM
Mar 2018
Sooo... I assume the only reason why Gai doesn't do stuff himself is either because he sees himself standing above that, or because he wants to test Shuu. Otherwise I see no reason why he couldn't just look for the witness himself, considering he can see their void and knows what to look for. Just set up shop in front of the school when classes are over and look through the students who are leaving from a distance. Instead, he just tells Shuu to quickly take out the void of every single one of the hundreds or maybe thousands of student at his school. Like that wouldn't take months to do.
But no, they manage to find him after only a few tries, because... Shuu suddenly becomes omniscient? And just knows that, plot twist, it's actually his kinda-friend. Truely, plot twists work best in the third episode and when there was no foreshadowing whatsoever. In a surprising act of an actually interesting character, he decides that he shouldn't just let the girl he's known for a day kill his kinda-friend. But would you look at that, another plot twist, his friend still betrays him in the end.

Probably going to drop this if the next few episodes aren't much better, been a while since I've done that.
Oct 26, 2020 3:04 PM

Feb 2017
Okay I’ve been trying to give this a solid chance but wow.

Characters are awful — Inori is personality-less and Shu’s obnoxious and dull, nobody else is even worth noting yet. Every painful trope is here, from over-the-top ecchi to unnecessary high school student to cartoonish villains, and none of it feels necessary or cohesive towards the dystopian vibes they’re going for.

World-building and plot feel completely brain-off — Shu and Gai are surely #1 and #2 on the most-wanted list (Inori probably #3) and they can just... go to high school and easily stroll up to meet with Gai??? No security cameras or surveillance or records of people???

The key part of pulling voids is... making people think you’re looking them in the eye??? Also looking people in the eye is suddenly impossible for Shu, but he had no problems with using his power before this episode???

The government is a bunch of sadists who indiscriminately murder their own people because???

... yeah this is definitely one of those things I’ll have to binge to get through, huh.
Dec 21, 2020 8:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
After 2 more episodes the show definitly is giving off a much better impression than with episode 1, that is for sure.

At least the MC seems a bit more grounded now, like on ep2 he at least refused that blondie offer at the end, little things like that make already differ from a good bunch of most generic MCs.

Inori design really, pink hair with red eyes, yes please!

That betrayal at the end caught me off guard, well done, even though I m sure there are reasons why Sugar did it.
Makes thing very interesting, since you would usually get a development like this, only later on, so I m invested in knowing how things will progress from here.

Also OST showing up more and more now, and so far, really seems like it is shaping to be a great one, according to what most people always say about GC.
Jun 27, 2021 6:15 AM

May 2018
Yahiro the traitor lololol
Sep 17, 2021 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
I like Yahiro because he backstabbed Shu
Jan 9, 2022 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
shu is too damn naive, i actually saw that ending coming lol.
while inori feeling like she doesn't have much character in her...
Mar 4, 2022 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
i knew it! i knew yahiro is not good to trust
Mar 24, 2022 12:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dr. Ouma... so Shu's mom or whatever is there in the CHG. I do like how they're slowly setting up more antagonists in the background. With a big organization or whatever as your main baddie, fleshing out as many characters is important imo.

Oh no. Is this the start of some sort of training arc, which today's lesson would be EYE CONTACT??

In what world did Shu think that going around a school sticking his hands on people's chests would go well. Sure they conveniently lose their memories of the event, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to the countless other students who are everywhere. I do like how one dude's void was a fridge though. Imagine knowing that the "shape of your heart" is a literal fridge.

I thought kill la kill the moment Inori revealed that the void they were looking for was in the shape of scissors

Also you could probably tell who the target was the moment Inori asked "Is _____ your friend?" Welp yup that's definitely the dude with the void they are looking for. I'm glad Shu was able to deduce that it was him quite quickly. Idk how, but he did at least.

Sigh. So I guess either Inori isn't as much as a robot as she seems, or for some reason Shu's orders outrank Gai's, but she obeyed Shu when ordered to put the gun down. At least they worked everything out. I think. Still seems a bit shaky, it could come back to bite him in the future- oh I spoke too soon. It came back to bite him after like not even two minutes of runtime. Guess that's what Shu gets for being a total dumbass. If he refuses to take decisive action like this and refuses to kill again in the future, not having learnt his lesson, I'm going to roll my eyes to the back of my head.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2022 12:15 PM

Feb 2012
Ah so it was still quite recent after he rejected Gai's offer to join Funeral Palor.

Egoist is a band that exists in-universe as well as out-of-universe and Inori is the vocalist.

Shu's comment about her being like CG makes me wonder if the special powers in this world are maybe augmented reality (that would explain why no one else pays any mind when he pulls random objects out of people's chest because with AR only he would see it). The voids producing the "shape of people's" hearts seems like an AR visualisation from some some advanced technology to read people's thoughts and character (like in Psycho-Pass, it's just a measurement but unlike that series, Shu and the audience see a 3D manifestation of the measurement.).

So Shu's mother actually works for the antagonists. Any special treatment from the cops because of that?

Shu, you're so naïve. He's under the influence of drugs, of course, he'll betray you.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:01 PM

Jul 2021
All the fanservice aside, I still have my issues with Inori. I feel like she doesn't really have her own personality and is only there to develop Shu, but I could be wrong I will see it in the upcoming episodes.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 16, 2023 8:28 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Good episode, I'm glad it was more complex than just a childish promise.
May 6, 2023 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
You have the random students' Voids being a metallic pot and stuff and then you have Yahiro's "scissors" rocking that sick design

Well that was a clean backstab. Poor Shuu.
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
Nov 2021
It was fun to watch.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.