Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 4, 2021 10:43 PM

Apr 2021
Ok.... after watching this episode I have to apologize for defending Sachiko she kind of sucks 😩 like Shoji is still the one at fault but her getting in the way of Nana's punch... Shoji deserved that punch 😀 Also.... I hate Junko. She's really just not a good friend. Like, coming to Nana, literally the DAY after her boyfriend cheated on her, and dumped her in the COLDEST way possible, comes to her and says "you suck πŸ˜‡". Like... idk they keep saying Nana is so immature or needy or selfish and i just don't see it i think theyre all just bad friends. Thank god Nana has the other Nana, Yasu, Nobu and Shin.
animeboyfriendJun 4, 2021 10:57 PM
Jul 30, 2021 2:20 AM
Jun 2020
junko is a horrible friend, she knew how badly nana was hurt but she still thought it was a good idea to tell her it was mostly her fault she got cheated on ?? And she chose to tell her that almost immediately after she found out not even a whole day had passed ?? i hope she stops appearing as much like honestly she’s been a bad friend since the beginning, she always treats nana poorly imo
also f<ck shouji and sachiko
Aug 21, 2021 10:40 AM
Dec 2018
junko is such a b*tch, why is she protecting and defending shouji?????????? as nana's friend she was supposed to be there to help her.

omg i'm so mad.
Aug 27, 2021 4:12 AM

Sep 2019
Very very strong episode. Despite not liking Hachi’s naivety, I felt bad for her. OSAKI YOU GO AND SLAP SHOUJI AnD SACHIKO BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT. Unfortunately that didn’t happened because of Sachiko overprotecting Shouji. How disgusting.

Another thing that got me ranting was Junko (HACHI’s BEST FRIEND). Excuse me, blaming Hachi was wrong and it won’t help whilst she’s depressed. Idk if I were her, I would ditch him as a friend and defend Hachi, like with Osaki. Osaki is your REAL FRIEND. I’ve been learning some friendly advice from this ep.
Oct 5, 2021 2:48 AM

Oct 2013
Interesting to see a number of comments expressing dislike for Jun's advice. I don't think Jun was ever condoning cheating and she specifically said it was Shouji's fault this time. And then I can't help but agree with Jun about her criticism. Nana was such a one-dimensional and self-centered partner in the relationship. Worst combo. I mean, why the hell did she even like Shouji? Was it cuz he's attractive? (To be fair, seems like many relationships nowadays LOL.) This series was pissing me off a bit, but I guessed there'd be some sort of character growth for Nana and now we have it...at least I hope

Nana and Shouji's relationship seemed so bland and superficial. Like why the fck did they like each other. Bland and baseless compared to NANA and Ren's and we haven't even gotten that much background yet. While Shouji should not have cheated and had the discipline to break things off before getting with Sachiko, his relationship with Nana was a ticking time bomb. Fck Shouji but I also hope Nana grows some maturity
Dec 20, 2021 6:14 PM

Feb 2017
its amazing how the mangaka just keeps butchering characters for no good reason. we all thought shoji was an okay guy and then all of a sudden this scumbag is sleeping with sachicunt and then trying to make himself feel better by being like "hurrrrrrr durrrrrrr kyousuke u cheated on people too" like stop???? this isnt about kyosuke its about YOU, you literal trash bag. tryna make himself feel better for cheating by bringing up kyosuke's past. sachicunt is an absolute piece of scum. she knew scumji had a gf and still slept with him. and then she's tryna make everyone feel sorry for her by crying????? nuh uh, you created this mess so you deal with it. you are a scumbag because you could've been the rational one here and said to him to pick between nana or her. and instead scumji has to hurt nana. nana did NOT deserve that. even if she was selfish and so on, scumji just flat out betrayed her and betrayed her trust in him. and junko this one-braincelled moron should shut her fat mouth. another absolute piece of trash. she's taking the side of a CHEATER. he's TRASH. he didn't have the balls to break it off with nana and actively chose to hurt her. i don't care much for peppy nana because she's pretty unbearable at times, but everyone except goth nana is treating her like trash. junko comes in after complaining that nana wouldnt answer the door like my god shut UP shes been lying in bed feeling hurt like leave her ALONE holy CHRIST. and then she can't even console nana, just starts putting the blame on her. its somehow HER fault scumji cheated. if she was BETTER he wouldnt have cheated. u know what like shes only 20 years old and is doing her best and trying to make a good life for herself. scumji CHOSE to cheat because he's a coward and a lying piece of trash. what i dont understand is why the mangaka is just tryna make the audience hate everyone. junko did not handle that well at all. she doesnt care about nana and is taking the side of a scumbag. i already found her annoying because she has a holier-than-thou energy but this really just made me absolutely dislike her. i hope nana dumps those trashbag friends of hers. kyosuke and junko are both garbage for keeping this from nana. even if they told her and she didnt believe them, the truth wouldve come out eventually & she wouldve seen that they (or at least junko) care for her. but obviously neither of these jackoffs giving a flying flapjack about nana's feelings at all. the person being cheated on has a right to know. i've never hated a group of characters more than these 4 conspiring bumbling bottom feeding scumbag piece of trash neanderthals.

god i wish nana had punched them both because they both deserved it. emotional pain can be just as bad as physical pain. and the emotional pain hachi was going through had to be off the charts. one whack (or more) to the face would be nothing compared to what hachi had to be feeling. and sachicunt needs to stfu because obviously she's never had a real friend who would stand up for her the way that nana stood up for hachi.
amagirinomikotoDec 20, 2021 6:23 PM

placeholder text
Jun 26, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2016
The drama, I love all of this and it seems we're going from one Nana's drama to the other Nana's drama if her reaction to the tickets means anything.

Poor Nana, I like her annoying self so I'm looking forward how she's going to move on from Shouji.

Junko could have picked a better time to give Nana the "you suck, grow up a little bit" speech.
Jul 15, 2022 10:10 PM

Mar 2020
Junko should burn in hell with the heat of a 1000 suns. What an utter piece of shit friend. She shows concern for Nina being suicidal but didn't even have the grace to try and console her at all, just victim-blaming and jerking off the two-timing bastard. H-He only cheated because you were being selfish by obtaining a job and trying to become independent! Both sides are the same! Boo fucking hoo.
Sep 12, 2022 8:30 PM

Jul 2016
Shoji is trash and anyone who takes his side about the cheating is trash too!
Sep 18, 2022 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
Quequel said:
Their relationship was pure idealization on both parts, Ryouske kept bringing up how Shouji wanted to marry her, and she was thinking about when they would get married too, and yet they can barely fucking communicate properly with each other. I'm not sure who is more to blame that they never seem to spend any time together, but in the little time they do spend together Hachiko is always bitchy and self-centered, and while she recognizes this, she doesn't do a damn thing to fix it, making up some excuse that Shouji has to bring it up first. Hachiko didn't become more independent just for herself though, she wants to save up money for their future, and because she thinks he would get tired of her if he had to always take of her. Hachiko is mostly responsible for the relationship deteriorating, and while she is not to blame for Shouji cheating on her, their relationship was as good as dead the moment Shouji didn't deny Sachiko's request to remain friends.

Oh, but Junko was an absolute fucking bitch, there's a picture of that scene under "gaslighting" in the dictionary.
LostSpectreSep 18, 2022 9:10 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 19, 2022 2:55 AM

Jul 2016
LostSpectre said:
Quequel said:
Their relationship was pure idealization on both parts, Ryouske kept bringing up how Shouji wanted to marry her, and she was thinking about when they would get married too, and yet they can barely fucking communicate properly with each other. I'm not sure who is more to blame that they never seem to spend any time together, but in the little time they do spend together Hachiko is always bitchy and self-centered, and while she recognizes this, she doesn't do a damn thing to fix it, making up some excuse that Shouji has to bring it up first. Hachiko didn't become more independent just for herself though, she wants to save up money for their future, and because she thinks he would get tired of her if he had to always take of her. Hachiko is mostly responsible for the relationship deteriorating, and while she is not to blame for Shouji cheating on her, their relationship was as good as dead the moment Shouji didn't deny Sachiko's request to remain friends.

Oh, but Junko was an absolute fucking bitch, there's a picture of that scene under "gaslighting" in the dictionary.

That’s the thing, Shoji is 100% to blame about the cheating. I agree that relationship was doomed, they are both to blame on that, but he could have just broke up with her.
Even after that first time he slept with Sachiko, you can argue it was a moment of weakness or whatever, but instead of just breaking up after that, he kept leading her on, going out with both.
And that scene Nana sees them was just awful. I don’t know if it was a mistranslation or not, but the way he said Sachiko was his girlfriend as if Nana was just supposed to take a hint and disappear, like he didn’t owe her an explanation, it pissed me off.
And Junko instead of just consoling her friend who got cheated on, started to most how the guy cheating was Nana’s fault, what the hell????
Sep 19, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
Quequel said:
LostSpectre said:

That’s the thing, Shoji is 100% to blame about the cheating. I agree that relationship was doomed, they are both to blame on that, but he could have just broke up with her.
Even after that first time he slept with Sachiko, you can argue it was a moment of weakness or whatever, but instead of just breaking up after that, he kept leading her on, going out with both.
And that scene Nana sees them was just awful. I don’t know if it was a mistranslation or not, but the way he said Sachiko was his girlfriend as if Nana was just supposed to take a hint and disappear, like he didn’t owe her an explanation, it pissed me off.
And Junko instead of just consoling her friend who got cheated on, started to most how the guy cheating was Nana’s fault, what the hell????
Well, no one else would be to blame for him physically cheating while in a relationship, even if it's meaningless sex it would be a betrayal, let alone with someone you're in love with. Hell, I'm not convinced that falling in love with someone else isn't a form of cheating, as that doesn't just happen by accident, you allow that to happen. Still, I don't blame him for falling in love when his relationship with Nana was so unfulfilling, it just shows that he should have broke up when he started having feelings for Sachiko, since at that point it didn't seem like he was even willing to try and salvage his relationship with Nana, despite his absurd claims of wanting to grow old with her.

Personally, I think Shoji falling in love with another woman is completely devastating to Nana, regardless of any cheating, because she has no idea the relationship is going as poorly as it is. It's even worse when he doesn't break up after cheating, but I don't believe that he had any intention to keep stringing her along nor did he pretend like they were doing great, remember they were barely seeing each other, and hadn't slept together for a bit at this point. It's completely understandable that he would be terrified of the fallout from the break up, and while that's absolutely no excuse if he keeps giving her false hope, I don't think he has necessarily has to come clean the very next day, so long as he's keeping his distance.

I don't quite agree with your interpretation of what happened outside the restaurant, he told Nana that he would come by the apartment later, he never told her to wait for him. He says that Sachiko is his girlfriend because there's no more hiding the truth after what they witnessed, he wasn't trying to imply that he was through with Nana or that he didn't owe her any explanation with that statement, it was the declaration that he had cheated on her. Don't forget that goth Nana almost assaults him, and then Sachiko tells them to take it out on her instead. He doesn't really know what the hell to do at this point, this is absolutely not how he wanted Nana to find out.

Shoji is far from blameless, but I don't think it's accurate at all for people to despise him and Sachiko when Nana seems to bear more responsibility for how poor the relationship was going. Regardless of cheating or taking too long to break up afterward, the fact remains that it's the act of falling in love with Sachiko that will be the most devastating to Nana. You could argue that Shoji is at fault for not backing off when he started having feelings, but I'm sure he would have if he and Nana were actually happy together, so I don't blame him for not prioritizing a failing relationship over Sachiko.

If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 5, 2022 11:08 PM
Mar 2015
I was literally just commenting on the ep 13 post that I love Jun-chan... But damn, shes kinda rude?? Like
Comes to Hachi's house just to remind her of her mistakes and tell her Shoji didn't do anything that bad. Shes right about Hachi being selfish, but damn bitch there's a time and place
Jan 4, 2023 6:35 AM

Jul 2017
Thank you so much Junko, for being the only smart character in the fucking show.
Jan 27, 2023 7:45 AM
魔法少ε₯³

Nov 2020
I'm glad the majority feel that Junko is a shit friend. I think that's bs. Shoji is clearly a piece of shit.

✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* 𝐼𝒻 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 π“‰π‘’π“π“π“ˆ 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’π“ˆ 𝒢 π“‚π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“€π‘’ π“‰π‘œ 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’,
π“Œπ‘’π“π“ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž’𝓇𝑒 π“Œπ“‡π‘œπ“ƒπ‘”. *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧
πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ
πš—πšŽπš πšœπš•πšŽπšπšπšŽπš›πšœ
Feb 14, 2023 9:09 AM
Sep 2022
I couldn't stop crying. Nana deserves so much better. And the fact that Shoji didn't even apologise and Jun just came to bring her down and tell her it's her fault??? Tha audacity!! The fact that they are just enabeling Shoji's behavious pisses me off!!Good thing the other Nana is here, they should just get together already they deserve each other..
Feb 19, 2023 3:02 PM
Oct 2017
Jun is right in some things, they always had some problems, but still, she should support Nana equally and not excuse Shoji, Nana was moving out to a new home in a new city and getting a job, she wasn't just wandering around and leaving Shoji left off in leisure activities, she was doing a lot of things and going through a change, she was doing it for the relationship as well, and she was doing it on her own, she was growing as a human being. Nana dated a married man back then because she was ignorant and had an illusion, she did wrong and I don't excuse her, but I think Shoji was worse, the things he said to Kyosuke the last episode really rubbed me the wrong way, like trying to convince himself is normal to cheat asking to Kyosuke if he had cheated before and even implying Kyosuke had not cheated on Jun for fear of losing her, he at least should have broken with Nana properly to not hurt the two girls, what an absolute terrible guy.
Feb 27, 2023 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
^ I agree

I also had softer feelings toward sachiko until this episode; her standing in front of him and protecting him made me want to puke. I really wanted nana to get a few hits in. Junko just isn't that good of a friend. They all look down on hachi and it hurts. In reality, she is immature but not a bad person and was doing so many things that she thought would make shoji happy.

Relationships ARE a two-way street, but shoji couldn't communicate ANYTHING and cheated instead of being mature and breaking it off before sleeping with her. Anyone in this thread or anywhere defending him is insane.
Feb 27, 2023 10:01 PM

Mar 2021
I agree with most of the previous posts but why are so many people in the show making Shoji's cheating to be not really his fault?? Like Sachiko tells Nana to blame her since she couldn't control herself and Junko tells Nana that Shoji took it too far and its his fault... all while saying Nana made mistakes implying its not all Shoji's fault for cheating? Even Nana K seems to think its her fault which is more understandable than the others since she had a strong emotional attachment. If Shoji wasn't interested in being with Nana long-term anymore, he should have broken up with her before getting with Sachiko. He is an adult. He can control himself. He should be held accountable. Nana O seems to know this but everyone else is just not getting it.

Either way, I never really cared for Shoji anyway and am glad he's out of the bigger picture!
Apr 23, 2023 1:33 AM
Nov 2014
Zant-sama said:
I agree with most of the previous posts but why are so many people in the show making Shoji's cheating to be not really his fault?? Like Sachiko tells Nana to blame her since she couldn't control herself and Junko tells Nana that Shoji took it too far and its his fault... all while saying Nana made mistakes implying its not all Shoji's fault for cheating? Even Nana K seems to think its her fault which is more understandable than the others since she had a strong emotional attachment. If Shoji wasn't interested in being with Nana long-term anymore, he should have broken up with her before getting with Sachiko. He is an adult. He can control himself. He should be held accountable. Nana O seems to know this but everyone else is just not getting it.

Either way, I never really cared for Shoji anyway and am glad he's out of the bigger picture!

I don't feel like the show is making it out to not be Shoji's fault at all. The show is showing all angles of these character's lives so the viewer understands what led them to certain choices. Shoji's choice wasn't right but it made you understand why he did it. What he did was wrong for sure, but it's better to understand what wrong turns he took to get there rather than just having it happen, right? Humans are more complex than many of us seem to want to accept. Even the road to hell can be paved with good intentions.
Apr 23, 2023 8:37 AM

Mar 2021
Reaperoflight said:
Zant-sama said:

I don't feel like the show is making it out to not be Shoji's fault at all. The show is showing all angles of these character's lives so the viewer understands what led them to certain choices. Shoji's choice wasn't right but it made you understand why he did it. What he did was wrong for sure, but it's better to understand what wrong turns he took to get there rather than just having it happen, right? Humans are more complex than many of us seem to want to accept. Even the road to hell can be paved with good intentions.

Very well said! One of the things that makes Nana special is how it explains the characters in such a way that their motives are realistic, actions are clear, and their feelings are understood. I agree that Shoji did have valid reasons for doing what he did (even if I strongly disagree with his response to those reasons), and Nana K definitely contributed to those reasons by being a lot to handle. That being said, I still think the show does a bit too much to excuse Shoji of his actions. Especially with Junko's reaction. I understand Junko is friends with both Nana and Shoji and takes a somewhat neutral position in the fight, basically saying that nobody is in the right and both of them are at fault. However I think she should have at least been more hard on Shoji.

I don't remember what has happened at this point in the series exactly (I did watch it months ago, after all) so I'm hesitant to go much more in-depth than that at the risk of spoilers. Anyway, I hope you and everyone else at this point in this series enjoys the remainder of Nana!
Jul 7, 2023 8:55 PM

Sep 2016
Zant-sama said:
Reaperoflight said:

Very well said! One of the things that makes Nana special is how it explains the characters in such a way that their motives are realistic, actions are clear, and their feelings are understood. I agree that Shoji did have valid reasons for doing what he did (even if I strongly disagree with his response to those reasons), and Nana K definitely contributed to those reasons by being a lot to handle. That being said, I still think the show does a bit too much to excuse Shoji of his actions. Especially with Junko's reaction. I understand Junko is friends with both Nana and Shoji and takes a somewhat neutral position in the fight, basically saying that nobody is in the right and both of them are at fault. However I think she should have at least been more hard on Shoji.

I don't remember what has happened at this point in the series exactly (I did watch it months ago, after all) so I'm hesitant to go much more in-depth than that at the risk of spoilers. Anyway, I hope you and everyone else at this point in this series enjoys the remainder of Nana!
I'm really loving that aspect of Nana. Everyone does what they do in such a human way. It's got nuance for sure. Can't wait to finish, but also don't want it to end~
Jul 13, 2023 6:40 AM

Oct 2022
Not much I can say about this ep that hasn't been said already. Junko defending Shoiji is understandable to an extent since she is friends with both him and Nana (Hachi), but c'mon... Nana might be a high maintenance gf, but she was sincerely trying to improve herself so she wasn't relying on Shoji all the time and wanted to be better to him. Meanwhile, Shoji, being too much of a pussy to communicate his feelings or needs, just silently gave up on the relationship altogether and started avoiding her. 

Here's to hoping Nana gets a new love interest and he's a better man. 
Aug 7, 2023 9:00 PM
Jun 2014
HO
LY
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
!!
Sep 11, 2023 9:01 PM

Mar 2023
shoji..... I've had enough of him
wow, Junko. you're totally being wack :(
Oct 18, 2023 2:55 PM
Mar 2022
I can’t believe shouji he is such a loser a really loser A cheater will always be a cheater just so you know Sachiko
Oct 24, 2023 2:13 PM
Sep 2023
We're meant to think it's insane that Jun accuses her of playing the victim?? Right??
Oct 28, 2023 11:52 PM
Oct 2023
nana you are great
Nov 16, 2023 12:31 PM
Feb 2023
YES NO MORE SHOJI LETS GOOOO
Nov 23, 2023 12:31 PM

May 2019
you know what good for shoji
δΈ‰
εˆ€
桁

η‚Ž
ζ— 
Jan 27, 10:05 PM
Dec 2023
Junko really covering up for shoiji is disappointing. Nana is such a kind hearted person and I cant believe how sachiko can just sit on the ground with that glass with nana helping her and not say anything. It really shows what type of person sachiko is. She is so selfish. She used to say how she didnt wanna get in the way but she did.
Feb 28, 10:55 AM
Feb 2024
nooo junko was one of my favourites!! why would she blame nana for getting cheated on thats so mean :(
Apr 6, 11:06 AM
Mar 2024
brooooooooooooooooooo............................
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Apr 19, 2007

78 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

66 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Feb 12, 2007

65 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

115 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 24, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.