Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2008 5:20 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Filler episode >_>
So Renton is suddenly able to pilot Nirvash by himself all of a sudden?
Eureka is disturbed that Nirvash is acting differently?
Jul 31, 2008 2:28 AM
Mar 2008
It seems the Nirvash activates whenever Renton becomes determined to protect Eureka, and he's been watching her for so many eps that he's bound to have picked something about the piloting up... In addition, Eureka hasn't been able to pilot the Nirvash that well lately... Toss in the fact that the Nirvash seems happy whenever Renton is in it (according to Eureka), and she's bound to be jealous, even though she seems kinda emotionless. But I did love the episode, with Renton this determined, suddenly PILOTING the Nirvash, as opposed to before. The background music during the battle gave it the extra kick IMO.
Oct 10, 2008 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
but didn't Renton pilot Nirvash when he sabotaged the military's radar as well?
Nov 15, 2008 8:11 PM

Jun 2008
meh i liked this episode
Jan 23, 2009 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't know that Renton was so good at riding the Nirvash. Hmm, maybe there will be some Rivalry between Renton and Eureka. That would be definitely interesting.
Jun 9, 2009 10:33 PM

Jan 2009
Why the hell was the Uncle arrested!? The military in this series are ultra lame.

Jul 26, 2009 11:40 PM

May 2008
Renton's uncle and friends totally reminded me of a bunch of rednecks in Alabama.

This is taking an interesting turn for the wose in the Renton x Eureka sense. Obviously it should be fine in the end, but it still doesnt prevent the doubts we're all supposed to have. Can't wait for more.
Nov 14, 2009 5:37 PM

Jun 2009
yes, yes, so nice Renton is happy about he could save Eureka and pilot Nirvash but.. why his uncle should pay for it with his own freedom?! damn.
May 4, 2010 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
Filler episode >_>

Filler episode? It showed what Reiton thought about his father, how his father is seen by the military, started a new chapter in EurekaxReiton development and wa a set-up for future developments. This is all but a filler episode.
Oct 23, 2010 1:03 AM

Mar 2009
This episode was good.
Renton was sure riding the Nirvash like a true pro. ^_^
and I think there may have been some love connection between Holland & Renton's sister.

Nov 27, 2010 9:34 PM

May 2009
Yeah, that seems to be the case based on the opening.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 18, 2011 1:14 PM

Jan 2010
Really starting to enjoy this anime. Eureka is damn annoying, but that might be because I'm watching the english dub and her voice actor is horrid.
Apr 30, 2011 1:35 PM

Mar 2011
I'm watching it in english dub too and it's not that bad like I thought it could be. You can get used to it. And I don't think that it was a lame episode just becouse it was difrent from the previous one.
May 3, 2011 10:56 AM

Jun 2010
Damn....Renton beasted with type-0, sweet!
Jul 8, 2011 3:13 AM

Feb 2011
Ohhhh sh*ts gone down, Little Eureka is jealous. Renton is friggin sick. Pretty good episode. Oh did I mention I enjoyed watching Eureka get angry and sh*t? Nope.
Sep 19, 2011 9:58 PM

Aug 2010
negativedemyx said:
Oct 11, 2011 11:43 PM

Apr 2011
Cuba?

Yukatan Iglasias? Sounds like Iglesias.

Renton riding, epic.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jan 10, 2012 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
negativedemyx said:

Never caught on before that Renton was hispanic. That's pretty awesome!

What a horrible way to end your day...or maybe not. The episode was entertaining, and sobering at the same time. It's too bad this little family reunion had to be tainted so badly by Renton's uncle's misguided intentions. Some interesting issues were touched on in this episode.

It can't feel good to see so many people practically worship his dad in the name of a state that's trying to kill him and his friends. It just all goes so horribly wrong, and poor Renton doesn't understand at all that he's royally pissed off Eureka.

Feb 9, 2012 8:58 PM
Jan 2012
4/5

Eureka's behavior is pissing me off.
Feb 24, 2012 8:22 PM

Mar 2011
It's nice to see Renton kicking some ass, but it looks like Eureka is jelly of that or something.
Apr 5, 2012 5:18 PM
Sep 2009
Eureka is def jelly. Bitch, get on his level before crying.
Apr 6, 2012 3:35 AM

Apr 2009
From completely stupid health boom filler to the best episode of E7 so far. Awesome. Would have been interesting to see a bit more unique way to handle the arrest than just having Renton take Nirvash. But although it has been obvious to the audience for a while, that at least made the connection between Renton and Nirvash crystal clear to Eureka and shocked her in some way. Don't think she's jealous, more like worried about Nirvash becoming something bad. But still awesome, that battle was fucking great.

And if they know what they are doing with this, Eureka's background concerning her connection to Nirvash and her personality needs to be elaborated within the next few episodes. After this long not disclosing it seems nothing but an excuse to have her act weird and keep saying "Renton" every few minutes.

5/5
VictimOfFateApr 6, 2012 3:38 AM
Apr 18, 2012 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
This may be the first time that Eureka has experienced jealousy. She doesn't really have a full palette of emotions to work with. I liked Holland's comment to Renton, "Finish what you started..", regarding his relationship with Eureka. Talk it out with her if you have a problem.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 29, 2012 10:26 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nyarlathotepi said:
4/5

Renton's behavior is pissing me off.

Apparently, no one here realized the real reason Eureka was disturbed by Renton's behavior while piloting the Nirvash.

The Nirvash is not a toy.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 21, 2012 11:32 AM
Jan 2010
>the plot in this episode
I mean what the fuck
Jul 25, 2012 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
I liked this ep. I don't think it's as simple as just jealousy, I'm sure that'll develop.

However, he's piloted it before. When he took the kids in it and e13 when he took Eureka back to the gekko.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 26, 2012 3:29 PM

Mar 2012
Also, forgot to mention: the new op (whether it was this ep or last) is horrible.

The first one sounded like Colors (the code geass op) and was quite cool
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 18, 2012 10:22 AM

Sep 2010
Eureka was so jealous at the end I mean just look at how she glared at him after he fought in the Narvash like that. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 24, 2012 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
g0053yyy said:
Eureka is def jelly. Bitch, get on his level before crying.

Hell yea I've been waiting for him to pilot the nirvash I mean it gets old watching the main character just being a co-pilot....i was beginning to think he would be a co-pilot and a destined mechanic forever
The nirvash probably told her I like this dude much better I don't want you to be my pilot anymore
Amon-RawNov 24, 2012 10:16 AM
Nov 27, 2012 3:23 PM
Mar 2012
This ep was alright. I'm suprised at the progress though! I mean I'm not saying Renton has no experience with the Nirvash seeing as it's happy whenever it's around Renton but still... he already knows how to pilot it?

Also i think Eureka is acting a little bummed cause' of the Nirvash.

Maybe she''ll get jealous? Who knows!
Mar 6, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
A lot happened in one episode.

An Eureka X Renton kiss isn't looking to likely at this point.
But there's still 35 episodes for it to happen.
So it better happen
Mar 19, 2013 11:56 PM

Nov 2012
I really like the new opening though :)))))) the ending song is meh
Apr 8, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2013
eureka's a bitch to him like always. first emotion she shows and its jealousy\anger. normally she's all bland, rude, and almost special ed-like not knowing anything

why would her kids wanna be with the person who killed their parents lol. I know wrong ep discussion tho.
atleast rentons growing more balls.
Apr 8, 2013 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
RediceRyan said:
A lot happened in one episode.

An Eureka X Renton kiss isn't looking to likely at this point.
But there's still 35 episodes for it to happen.
So it better happen

how do you post that much in three months(questionmark, key is broken lol)
your post made me laugh though
"so it better happen"
Apr 9, 2013 3:56 PM
Apr 2012
Lol damn it seems a lot of people have been sleeping while watching this anime. Why are you guys surprised he can pilot it? He can pilot LFO's because he used to pilot them when they would come in for repairs at his grandpa's garage. This has been explained before, and it's not even the first time for him piloting the Nirvash itself. You could be surprised at how he was piloting it like a boss but not at him just piloting it.

Also i don't think it's simple jealousy that's causing Eureka to act like this. Not sure what exactly, though i do have some ideas but i don't think it's jealousy. At least not the main reason, she might be a little jealous as well.
Jun 13, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2012
Renton finally grew some balls and Eureka doesn't like that? Screw her then.

Jul 22, 2013 3:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
Nyarlathotepi said:
4/5

Apparently, no one here realized the real reason Eureka was disturbed by Renton's behavior while piloting the Nirvash.

Someone here understands. Not sure why everyone is so mad at Eureka, but I think it makes perfect sense why she feels that way. She doesn't really pilot Nirvash for fun or to get better and learn tricks like Renton is doing. And idk, Renton just annoys me in general. I started liking him a bit a few episodes back but then it's starting to go the other direction again. And seriously, it's all his fault that his uncle got arrested. I know he's a kid and all, but he can't be on cloud nine all the time or see things in a simplified way. At least Holland told him off at the end.
Aug 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Sep 2012
i felt kinda sad when the uncle got arrested, he was all looking up at the sky for a hero....
:(
Aug 25, 2013 9:44 PM

Apr 2013
I hope Eureka doesn't turn into a damsel in distress character, what with Renton now being able to pilot the Nirvash and all. That would suck. :[

And I also hope that Renton doesn't get cocky now that he is able to kick some ass.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 1, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
First time ive seen Eureka look so upset =/
My Candies:
Jul 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
I don't like Renton being pushed around all the time..
But when he finally man up.. Eureka's attitude is frustrating. =.=
Jul 20, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
Eureka's glare...ouch.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 4:05 PM

May 2012
Not a bad episode, let's see what will happen next though!
Dec 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, Eureka is really annoyed about what happened to the Nirvash when Renton piloted it. She mentionned that ''it wasn't the Nirvash''. Did she meant that the Compact Drive was driving it? It's true that he didn't seemed ''alive'' anymore, controlled by something else. The difference was in his eyes.

Renton was pretty badass in the Nirvash. He has piloted it well for the first time (if it was really him who was piloting him). Too bad Eureka wasn't very impressed, nor happy that he saved her :|
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 13, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2016
it's okey that Renton pilot Nirvash very well for the first time cuz there should be something special for him. i just couldn't understand why Eureka would be mad at Renton ?? I think she should have understood that Renton wouldn't do anything bad for her.
Apr 14, 2016 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Dafuq! Yucatán Iglesias?!!
Jun 22, 2017 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Eureka really has some communication issues.
Sep 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2015
tingy said:
wakka9ca said:

Someone here understands. Not sure why everyone is so mad at Eureka, but I think it makes perfect sense why she feels that way. She doesn't really pilot Nirvash for fun or to get better and learn tricks like Renton is doing. And idk, Renton just annoys me in general. I started liking him a bit a few episodes back but then it's starting to go the other direction again. And seriously, it's all his fault that his uncle got arrested. I know he's a kid and all, but he can't be on cloud nine all the time or see things in a simplified way. At least Holland told him off at the end.

Totally agree with you two. Especially knowing her backstory of course she would be mad if Renton just uses Nirvash as a toy and hurts/kills people because fighting an enemy inside a robot dehumanizes them immensely (and to show off).
Oct 1, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
I only half paid attention while on my phone messing about and got slightly confused after being bored the first half.

I got the first half and then the end I guess Renton was just trying to save them with the Nirvash but why is it so so surprising he can pilot it by himself? why is Eureka so freaked out it's acting differently? o_O
Oct 11, 2017 9:47 PM
Mar 2017
she became jealous :v (Although I understand why, I do not think it's okay to treat him like that xD)
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.