Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2011 8:39 AM

Jul 2010
lol at that US president
Oct 16, 2011 8:47 AM

Jun 2008
Why do the fuck we have to make a fight between "Maiya and Irisviel"... *facepalm
The fate universe isn't a soap opera... >_>

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 16, 2011 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
Well, that kiss was easily misunderstood by some. You cant blame them. I prefer both of them though ;)
Oct 16, 2011 8:58 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Why do the fuck we have to make a fight between "Maiya and Irisviel"... *facepalm
The fate universe isn't a soap opera... >_>
Well I was giving out my IMO on how I would choose personally with this sudden development and yes even with the spoiler.

Besides that I wonder how bad is Saber without her master near her. Was that the servant can't use their special with no master or what?

Anyway a servant not having its master nearby is a big problem I hear.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 16, 2011 9:04 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Well I was giving out my IMO on how I would choose personally with this sudden development and yes even with the spoiler.
Besides that I wonder how bad is Saber without her master near her. Was that the servant can't use their special with no master or what?
Anyway a servant not having its master nearby is a big problem I hear.

How is not having a master nearby a problem? Both Rider, Lancer, and Gilgamesh managed to do it in Fate/Stay Night with no problem. Its not them losing power or gaining power with the masters near or not its the fact that the masters can't give them orders during battle. Nothing too bad about that since they are all expert fighters.
Oct 16, 2011 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
predictable Assassin is still around, but interesting power he has with a bunch of assassins

so this starts off with Saber vs Lancer too. that master is up to something.

where's Rider? he's awesome, I hope he gets involved. that guy is just made of win.

Gilgamesh could be around somewhere too.
Oct 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Oct 2010
Matron_Laylie said:
How is not having a master nearby a problem? Both Rider, Lancer, and Gilgamesh managed to do it in Fate/Stay Night with no problem. Its not them losing power or gaining power with the masters near or not its the fact that the masters can't give them orders during battle. Nothing too bad about that since they are all expert fighters.
Memory fuzz. So that is the only problem? They can still use their special? I though only the master can give out the order to use it. Without that the servant cannot use their special.

Oct 16, 2011 10:34 AM

Sep 2008
lolbillclinton
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2011 10:45 AM

Dec 2009
Aside from Bill Clinton (which, is of course, a very lol moment),
I also lol at the comment at this thread regarding Maiya's kiss on Kiritsugu.
Really, some people can't differentiate between a sexual lover and a devotion lover......
Oct 16, 2011 10:53 AM
Oct 2011
sigh saber's gender is so goddamn confusing
i don't know what to make of it rly
Oct 16, 2011 11:15 AM

Dec 2009
Anyway, I'm gonna lol if the next person would prefer Maiya as Kiritsugu lover instead of Iri xD
That would totally make my day xD
Oct 16, 2011 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
^ Of course, Maiya is much more women and is sexier than Iris.

/trolls
Oct 16, 2011 11:42 AM

Oct 2010
Gamaliel said:
Fai, look, i know you know all the story of fate franchise , but your explanations here go beyond the chapter and the series that we are talking here.
THere is no reference of a Throne of Heroes in fate zero,neither a good explanation about it, like we see in fate stay night.
I know we are talking about the same universe, even so, let's stay with fate zero here, the only reference to fate stay night will be in the end of the story.
most of the people here didn't played the VN, and just want to enjoy the show, instead of understanding all the complexity of the nasuverse. He asked why there are so many assassin, and you gave a response that didn't answer anything.
Yumekichi11
we have many assassins for the grail war, only one type of assassin is allowed to join the war, because they are considered heroes , instead of psychopaths.
they are the hashashins, and their leader is Hassan I Sabbat.
problem is, every time that one hassan dies, another assassin takes his place, and receive the same name, so, all of them are Hassan I Sabbat, but have some different nicknames.
The Assassin in Fate Zero is called Hundred-faced Hassan, because of his multiple personality disorder, which allowed him to disguise as a woman, a man, child , etc...
So, considering that he is now a Heroic Spirit, he don't need to stay with just one body, he has the ability to split his personalities in many "shadows". those assassins are the shadows of the original. The only problem, they are many, but too weak .
Thank you very much my friend that is exactly what I needed to know. Now that is out the way looking forward to the nastiest of assassin in attacking directly the Masters. TBH I think the nastiest will be caster team with that lunatic child killer fuck head.

Oct 16, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
Gamaliel said:
THere is no reference of a Throne of Heroes in fate zero,neither a good explanation about it, like we see in fate stay night.

Fate/Zero has been directed and produced after FSN, its normal to assume that majority watching this has already seen or played FSN, and Fate/Zero is designed around that assumption(hence no explanations about certain things), thus the minor lore details like the inner workings of Akasha are a fair game to be explained, since they won't ever be explained inside this show.
AhenshihaelOct 16, 2011 2:07 PM
Oct 16, 2011 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Memory fuzz. So that is the only problem? They can still use their special? I though only the master can give out the order to use it. Without that the servant cannot use their special.

Nope they can use their Noble Phantasms whenever they have enough mana. Masters are there to use command spells when needed and to replenish their servants mana.
Oct 16, 2011 12:53 PM

Jun 2011
Shit is gonna hit the fan next week hopefully.
Oct 16, 2011 1:00 PM

Jun 2009
Goddammit Fai, why can't you read? Let me show you the needed part of Matron_Laylie's post, re-read it with understanding and edit this bullshit up there. Here:
Matron_Laylie said:
How is not having a master nearby a problem?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 16, 2011 1:47 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode once again that ends in yet another Saber vs Lancer cliffhanger.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 16, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
What the fuck Kiritsugu. You've got a god-tier waifu with delicious Ohara Sayaka voicing her, and you're whoring yourself off to other women? What the fuck. Just what the fuck is wrong with you?! щ(゚Д゚щ)
Oct 16, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2007
OrochiPL said:
Goddammit Fai, why can't you read? Let me show you the needed part of Matron_Laylie's post, re-read it with understanding and edit this bullshit up there

oh god damnit, can you whoever you are be a bigger ass next time? I am sure someone will thank you for your trolling then.

Misinterpreting what people say does not make one a hitler.
Oct 16, 2011 2:07 PM

Jun 2011
STM said:
What the fuck Kiritsugu. You've got a god-tier waifu with delicious Ohara Sayaka voicing her, and you're whoring yourself off to other women? What the fuck. Just what the fuck is wrong with you?! щ(゚Д゚щ)

He's gonna get both, cause he's a fucking boss.
Oct 16, 2011 2:50 PM
Jul 2011
He has both, cause he's a fucking boss!

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Oct 16, 2011 3:31 PM
Dec 2007
SkyHigh said:
He has both, cause he's a fucking boss!
He's actually apathetic to love. I think many people mention it already but Kiritsugu didn't even respond to the kiss, he just let it happen. I guess only HF readers and novel readers have a good grasp on Kiritsugu's true persona is (far away from Shirou's idealistic image).

Oct 16, 2011 3:39 PM

Jul 2007
Leon-Gun said:
SkyHigh said:He has both, cause he's a fucking boss!
He's actually apathetic to love. I think many people mention it already but Kiritsugu didn't even respond to the kiss, he just let it happen. I guess only HF readers and novel readers have a good grasp on Kiritsugu's true persona is (far away from Shirou's idealistic image).

I think Shirou's image of him was correct, at some point of Kiritsugu's life. But as FSN certain endings showed(referring to HF's "mind of steel" bad end), a lot of things can change a man. :)

Kiritsugu is far more complex than just the interpretations of him we see in f/zero up until now and the one Shirou had. One's identity can never be described by a simple set of ideals. Life is not that simplistic.
Oct 16, 2011 3:40 PM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
so this starts off with Saber vs Lancer too..

Not really in FSN, it was Archer Vs Lancer, and officially the first battle in Fate/Zero was Assasin Vs Archer.

Oct 16, 2011 3:56 PM
Jul 2011
@Leon Gun

I was the one who first stated he didn't respond to the kiss, number one it was a sarcastic/joke response, number two you are wrong.

Emiya Kiritsugu isn't apathetic to love, I've read the novels, he isn't apathetic, it's hard to explain but he really does love Irisviel and of course Illya, remember what Iri said in this episode "it hurts him".... if you have seen Fate Stay Night, then you will know about Ilya and the grail and thus Iri, and why it would hurt him to be happy with her.

The reason I posted it without quoting IllegalCyrus (which my joke message was about), My quotes aren't working, and thus my messages aren't displayed when I add a quote.

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Oct 16, 2011 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:
mystik said:so this starts off with Saber vs Lancer too..

Not really in FSN, it was Archer Vs Lancer, and officially the first battle in Fate/Zero was Assasin Vs Archer.

technically, no(on fsn part).
Remember how the prologue of game begins? I would not call it a fullblown fight, but it was in a sense, Saber and Lancer :)
SkyHigh said:

The reason I posted it without quoting IllegalCyrus (which my joke message was about), My quotes aren't working, and thus my messages aren't displayed when I add a quote.

just look through the quotes you are quoting and replace every |/div|(with < and not |) in there with |/quote|(with [ and not |)
Oct 16, 2011 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
I um. I think I ship Saber/Irisiviel. Oopsie.

This is just so good. I love Rider oh God.
Ich verstehe nicht
Oct 16, 2011 6:12 PM

May 2008
Liking it so far, even though the series' focusing too much on meta.

Also F/Z anime >>>> F/SN novel - all masters and servants are amazingly thought out.
Oct 16, 2011 6:21 PM

Apr 2010
IRISVIEL IS SO DAMN HOT.
Oct 16, 2011 9:18 PM

Apr 2010
Ahh yes, Bill Clinton, the man who sold out America to enable China's rise. Fuck him.

Since everyone is so focused on "OMG Kiritsugu you cheating bastard," I'll just say, ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but man, banging another babe while your equally-as-hot wife is putting her life on the line by being on the frontline of the battle. Stay classy, Emiya, stay classy.
Oct 16, 2011 10:51 PM

Feb 2011
Saber so handsome in that black suit nyaah *dies*

Kiritsugu is a cheat better be Irisviel X Saber xD
Oct 17, 2011 2:34 AM

May 2010
shiroux said:
lol next episode will be awesome!

YOU BET !!
Oct 17, 2011 4:31 AM

Aug 2011
aznkirby890 said:
IRISVIEL IS SO DAMN HOT.

irisnd.jpg

I FUCKING KNOW!
Oct 17, 2011 5:05 AM
Oct 2011
well i have intresting spoilers if u want know come ask me
Oct 17, 2011 5:05 AM

Oct 2009
. . .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2011 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode as usual. I've always loved how Fate/Stay and Typemoon in general knows that characterization and development are just as important ( actually more so in my opinion) as action. I loved the scenes between Irisviel and Saber, and Kiritsugu is probably the most interesting of the cast. I wonder what he's planning? I mean, he's basically using his wife as bait right?

And, having not read the novel, the multiple assassin's twist threw me for a loop. Pretty cool, I'd say and it gives Kirei the opportunity to manipulate things in Tokiomi's favor. Also, it's pretty pretty cool to see Saber/Lancer being the first "real" battle in this series as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 17, 2011 2:12 PM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Great episode as usual. I've always loved how Fate/Stay and Typemoon in general knows that characterization and development are just as important ( actually more so in my opinion) as action. I loved the scenes between Irisviel and Saber, and Kiritsugu is probably the most interesting of the cast. I wonder what he's planning? I mean, he's basically using his wife as bait right?
And, having not read the novel, the multiple assassin's twist threw me for a loop. Pretty cool, I'd say and it gives Kirei the opportunity to manipulate things in Tokiomi's favor. Also, it's pretty pretty cool to see Saber/Lancer being the first "real" battle in this series as well.
Yes, he's basically using her as bait. He did say from the very start Saber's upfront battles aren't his style. Basically, he's def not Shirou (who would willingly throw himself in harm's way to save people). But there's a lot of factors in that decision plus, it's as Iri says, she's a tool of the Einzbern anyway.

Oct 17, 2011 7:21 PM

Mar 2011
Saber + Suit = Win
Oct 18, 2011 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
This show makes me sad.

Lancer seems like a cool guy. Alexander is great, simply said. Gilgamesh makes the show more interesting, even though I don't like him.
I never really liked Saber tbh, maybe because I like the legend of King Arthur so much.

Also, anyone else having problems using spoiler tag? I can't seem to put things into it for some reason, I use standard spoiler, /spoiler under [ ]. Did something change?
nina4lifeOct 18, 2011 10:46 AM
Oct 18, 2011 11:06 AM

Feb 2009
That would be the effect of the hacker attack before. Messed up the BBcode.
Bear with it. Spoilers shouldnt be here though go to the Fate Zero General discussion thread here
Oct 18, 2011 11:44 AM

Sep 2008
belatkuro said:
That would be the effect of the hacker attack before. Messed up the BBcode.
Bear with it. Spoilers shouldnt be here though go to the Fate Zero General discussion thread here

There wasn't really spoiler spoiler, it was the show making me sad I wanted to spoiler.

Thanks for clarifying though.
Oct 18, 2011 12:41 PM

Dec 2010
Nice episode.

When Kiritsugu was saying how the Walther weighed even more than Ilya even though she was 8 - does anyone have an idea what he meant by that?

Was he saying she's such a small delicate being or something along those lines? Or is he saying something like she is malnourished?

Anyways, looking forward to next episode.

Oct 18, 2011 1:39 PM

Feb 2009
Not malnourished but her weight doesnt match her age.
She's only 15 kilos according to the novels if I remember correctly.
Remember that Iri and Ilya arent normal people. They're from an old family of magus. But still Kiritsugu loves them very much :)
Oct 18, 2011 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
This anime has a huge chance of being best of 2011 if they don't screw it up, hopefully the action proper will start next episode.
That tiny student and the massive king are quite amusing to watch, it might get interesting when they actually get to fighting.
As for Kiritsugu and the other woman, I doubt Kiritsugu would kiss her while sobbing about his daughter if it were an affair, although I also get the vibe that Kiritsugu might spin round and tell us that he actually only sees his wife as a means to an end at some point, I still don't know what to make of him.
Kiritsugu has given me the same first impression over these few episodes that Kirei did when he was first introduced (in F/S Night).
Saber in a suit looked so... Correct, for some reason.

Edit:
DesolateOne said:

(...)the Walther weighed even more than Ilya(...)

The Walther weighs about 16.2lb while loaded (15.3lb unloaded).
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_WA_2000]
I think as Belatkuro said, Ilya was said to only weigh about 15lb in the VN (which I haven't actually read).
Broken_PixelsOct 18, 2011 4:01 PM
Oct 18, 2011 3:57 PM

Jul 2010
saber vs lancer , it will be intersting ... can't wait for it .
Oct 18, 2011 4:29 PM
Dec 2007
fyare said:
This anime has a huge chance of being best of 2011 if they don't screw it up, hopefully the action proper will start next episode.
That tiny student and the massive king are quite amusing to watch, it might get interesting when they actually get to fighting.
As for Kiritsugu and the other woman, I doubt Kiritsugu would kiss her while sobbing about his daughter if it were an affair, although I also get the vibe that Kiritsugu might spin round and tell us that he actually only sees his wife as a means to an end at some point, I still don't know what to make of him.
Kiritsugu has given me the same first impression over these few episodes that Kirei did when he was first introduced (in F/S Night).
Saber in a suit looked so... Correct, for some reason..
Well, Iri is indeed a means to an end.And Ilya weights 75 pounds in Fate/Stay Night. She weights 15 pounds in the Fate/Zero novels.

Oct 18, 2011 6:47 PM
May 2011
I knew from the start that this Maiya girl was going to pull something on Emiya. The following thought instantly came to mind
"...An odd-looking women along with another man in a room...hmm"
How dare she do that >=O. That's Iri's man D:!!. Emiya probably has...has...uhh
EMIYA PROBABLY HAS COOTIES NOW X_X!.. (lame I know...but I already don't like her)
ban1o.jpg
Oct 18, 2011 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
What if I said that Iri was actually the one that NTR'd Emiya from Maiya... lololol

Have this thought ever crossed your mind?

Oct 19, 2011 5:00 AM

Nov 2009
You would be right :P
Bolt_Oct 19, 2011 5:04 AM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
8 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.