New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Oct 8, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2016
Konik said:
coenraed said:
Hi, new guy here. I hope this isn't a dead thread
I'm looking for a manga(or anime, if one comes to mind) that's extremely visually weird and artistic, and uses those visuals to express some interesting and unique ideas. So please, nothing that's just weird for the sake of being weird or good-looking for the sake of being good-looking. I'll read any genre, though I'm a big lover of SOL manga like YKK. I tried to read/watch Aria, but hated the characters. I don't really mind if the story is bad or if it even has one.
Thanks!
Edit: oh and preferably not too long

How about Genshiken, Gin no Saji, or Hachimitsu to Clover
Thanks, but most of those seem pretty conventional to me. I know artistic is a hard word to define, and that a simply good, well illustrated story full of character is artistic in its own right, but I don't want something good to read. I want something to stare at in utter disbelief. I hope I've clarified myself somewhat
coenraedOct 8, 2016 10:42 AM
Oct 20, 2016 2:01 AM

Feb 2016
I see you've already seen kaiba and gankutsuou, the two shows I would highly recommend

Mononoke has a very old and interesting art style some people really love.

ping pong the animation and mushishi look pretty interesting too.

and for some really short stuff Furiko, Mudai, 1989 and Ashita e Mukau Hito

unfortunately I haven't read a lot of manga so I wouldn't know much about that.
Nov 17, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2016
Hi! I joined club when I saw this thread, because right now I am suffering from very serious disease called "No manga to read". There are over 700 replies and I'm not some coal miner to dig through all of them ( I will become one if noone replies me :( ) so can someone recommend me a good manga?

I read Berserk, Vagabond and Tokyo Ghoul - precisely, awesome drawn with interesting plot and of course lots of violence.
Nov 18, 2016 2:40 AM

Sep 2008
Oroczisaku said:
Hi! I joined club when I saw this thread, because right now I am suffering from very serious disease called "No manga to read". There are over 700 replies and I'm not some coal miner to dig through all of them ( I will become one if noone replies me :( ) so can someone recommend me a good manga?

I read Berserk, Vagabond and Tokyo Ghoul - precisely, awesome drawn with interesting plot and of course lots of violence.

How about Claymore, Dorohedoro, Gantz, Battle Royale
Nov 19, 2016 3:46 PM

May 2016
Thank you! I will immediately start with Claymore.
Nov 21, 2016 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
hi:3

I am searching for some manga similar to hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu/a-channel/sougou tovarisch...
in short manga that have no 'real' story, good humor, weird characters and if possible(but not necessarily) belong into the 'Cute girls doing cute things' genre and are not already adapted as an anime.

I know this is rather specific but I have kinda trouble finding such manga and I thought maybe someone here could help me out^_^
Nov 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2008
@Sizano

Kind of realized that I also don’t know lots of those you asked (mostly adaptations). Not exactly 'Cute girls doing cute things' but maybe something like these:
Wa!, Tsurezure Children, Boku wa Ohimesama ni Narenai, Hokkenshitsu, 14 juicy, Gakkou no Sensei, Kimi to Kamihikooki to.

Comedies with little plot and very weird characters:
Zai x 10, D-Frag!, Fujimura-kun Mates, Senpai Sore Hitokuchi Kudasai, LuCu LuCu.
Nov 22, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
@Toha

well that is a nice list to look through, thank you very much:3

I kept looking while waiting for help and it seems like it is really not easy to find new manga of CGDCT even though there are so many anime of that 'genre' out there:/
I just now started joshikausei which is pretty nice but also not exactly what I looked for...

besides gakkou no sensei and d-frag! they are all new to me^_^
SizanoNov 22, 2016 1:42 PM
Dec 27, 2016 3:50 AM

Apr 2008
Looking for something with a sort of "cheat tragedy".
Cheat tragedy is to say, the tragedy part is a flashback arc, prequel, alternative timeline that gets overwritten, or otherwise a character backstory that has a relevance to the main plot. Basically a tragedy, that doesn't get to leave its wholesome fill of a bad aftertaste after reading, because the main plotline sort of redeems it. (Can be a bit cheesy, preferably not though.)
Also the tragedy is not supposed to be the sort of Hiob's suffering tragedy, like the drama only happens because bad stuff happens to some character basically just for the sake of bad stuff having to happen to him. (3 Level Combination, Tokyo Ghoul) Also not too much of drama mostly just by characters overemotionally tearing up too much. Or with characters being just too weak. (Annarasumanara's magician is kind of like that.)

Some examples of what I mean:
Gintama - Gintoki's past
Pandora Hearts - the whole past revelation arc
Fate Zero (coming before FSN)
Please Save My Earth - Past arcs Mokuren, Shion, the Moon Base arcs
Gakuen Alice - the whole timejump arc
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - Koros past
Mushishi - Ginkos past
Bokura ga Ita - Flashbacks to in between what happened in the timeskip in the middle of the series
Moon Boy - The whole past arc before reincarnation
Orange (hard on the border of being just overemotional sometimes though)

Something else that manages to pull it of having a sort of melancholic/tragic note while being not hard to stomach or leaving with a depressive note at the end is also welcome. (There just isn't that much I can name that actually pulled it off...)
Jan 2, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
Hi everyone, could you recommend some dark fantasy manga with badass character like "Dungeon Seeker" or "Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou" ?
Feb 4, 2017 1:43 PM
Dec 2014
I want to read anything that intersesting or good to read.
So if anyone has a interesting or good manga's I haven't read feel free to reply.

https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RoyalBacon
Mar 30, 2017 4:41 PM

Mar 2017
Eyyo, new to this group and MAL in general, so I figured I'd start out for asking for some manga recommendations.

What I'm looking for is stuff similar to Re:Monster, Doupo Cangqiong, Tales of Demons and Gods, etc.. I really like manga with a type of class system like in Doupo Canggiong and Tales of Demons and Gods, so if you have anything like that then I'd love it, but stuff like Re:Monster with progressively developing powers like the main character has is also a lot of fun.

I'm reading some stuff thats not listed on MAL, so you can check my Anime-Planet manga list to see the other stuff I'm reading before recommending it to me.
KohtaMar 30, 2017 7:12 PM
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
May 4, 2017 6:16 AM

Feb 2014
Hey guys! Looking for a Shonen manga that has completed publishing. It should have all the typical shonen elements like Friendship, Badass Villains, Adventure, Action etc..

Have already read the following

Naruto
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Reborn!
Flame of Recca
HSD-Kenichi
May 4, 2017 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
JoKeR_95 said:
Hey guys! Looking for a Shonen manga that has completed publishing. It should have all the typical shonen elements like Friendship, Badass Villains, Adventure, Action etc..

Naruto
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Reborn!
Flame of Recca
HSD-Kenichi

How about: Mahou Sensei Negima, Air Gear, 666 Satan, Rave(same author as Fairy Tail)
Jun 2, 2017 1:39 PM
May 2017
can some one give me recommendations? I'm new to manga.

i've read:

all of: deathnote, kagerou daze (up to #7)
some of: sailor moon, fullmetal alchemist, fairy tail, and inuyasha.

btw, my friend told me not to read Tokyo ghoul or attack on titan...
thanks!
Feb 25, 2019 10:02 AM
Feb 2019
hey everyone, i have not read any original manga stories (only few of those whose animes i had already seen like tokyo ghoul). Can you please recommend some manga or light novels to start from
Feb 25, 2019 10:50 AM
Aug 2018
Can some one please give me a list of recommendations for manga a similar to Domestic na Kanojo as possible. I read all 220 chapters the other day and i need something to satiate my hunger for more lol. Please and Thank you
Feb 27, 2019 5:28 AM
Feb 2019
Hey, can someone please suggest a good site to download manga from? The ads on the online sites are very annoying?
Feb 28, 2019 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Kohta said:
Eyyo, new to this group and MAL in general, so I figured I'd start out for asking for some manga recommendations.

What I'm looking for is stuff similar to Re:Monster, Doupo Cangqiong, Tales of Demons and Gods, etc.. I really like manga with a type of class system like in Doupo Canggiong and Tales of Demons and Gods, so if you have anything like that then I'd love it, but stuff like Re:Monster with progressively developing powers like the main character has is also a lot of fun.

I'm reading some stuff thats not listed on MAL, so you can check my Anime-Planet manga list to see the other stuff I'm reading before recommending it to me.

All I can think of right now is 20th Century Boys. Maybe because they were done by the same author?

clairince77 said:

i've read:

thanks!

Eeeeh I actually kinda like Attack on Titan. ;)) Maybe try Hiatus x Hiatus errr I mean Hunter x Hunter? and maybe Hikaru no Go. Shaman King is also good imo.

JoKeR_95 said:

Naruto
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Reborn!
Flame of Recca
HSD-Kenichi

I'd fully recommend Slam Dunk for you, but apparently you've read it. ;) Maybe you can try Eyeshield 21 then? It's a sports manga tho. No badass villain but there are a lot of badass rivals. Also maybe you can try Yuu Yuu Hakusho, it's really good in my opinion, and there's also Rurouni Kenshin, one of my favorite.

DagaKotowaru said:
hey everyone, i have not read any original manga stories (only few of those whose animes i had already seen like tokyo ghoul). Can you please recommend some manga or light novels to start from

You should mention which genre you'd like to read tho'. :D
abiranzFeb 28, 2019 5:30 AM
Mar 1, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2014
abiranz said:
Kohta said:

All I can think of right now is 20th Century Boys. Maybe because they were done by the same author?

clairince77 said:

i've read:

thanks!

Eeeeh I actually kinda like Attack on Titan. ;)) Maybe try Hiatus x Hiatus errr I mean Hunter x Hunter? and maybe Hikaru no Go. Shaman King is also good imo.

JoKeR_95 said:

Naruto
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Reborn!
Flame of Recca
HSD-Kenichi

I'd fully recommend Slam Dunk for you, but apparently you've read it. ;) Maybe you can try Eyeshield 21 then? It's a sports manga tho. No badass villain but there are a lot of badass rivals. Also maybe you can try Yuu Yuu Hakusho, it's really good in my opinion, and there's also Rurouni Kenshin, one of my favorite.

DagaKotowaru said:

You should mention which genre you'd like to read tho'. :D

Haha.. Thanks man, will read Eyeshield 21. Have heard great things about it.
Jul 23, 2019 12:13 PM

Jul 2019
@DagaKotowaru @clairince77

If you give a genre you like you'll get many more suggestions, but if you would rather just get some random recommendations, I have really enjoyed:

https://myanimelist.net/manga/105084/Jibaku_Shounen_Hanako-kun Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun, which interestingly uses a Japanese ghost story called Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun to make a fun occult adventure with many interesting characters, extremely cute romance, and amazing visuals which are full of detail and are stunning to look at.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/101479/Kuutei_Dragons Kuutei Dragons/Drifting Dragons, a story set in a fantasy world about people hunting dragons and eating them. The food is extremely well-drawn and is made in a way that seems like they could be real dishes (if dragon meat wasn't a necessary component, of course) and the characters are all very fun and bounce off of each other well. The art is also very nice and the world-building is detailed.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/28091/Tonari_no_Seki-kun Tonari no Seki-Kun/My Neighbor Seki is a charming manga about two students who sit next to each other in middle school. One is Seki, who plays extremely elaborate games instead of paying attention in class, and the other is Yokoi, who is constantly distracted by him. The series is extremely creative in its design and has been very entertaining through the over 100 chapters of it I have read.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/40345/Dr_Frost Dr. Frost is a webtoon about a professor named Dr. Frost which explores the concepts of psychology with interesting character development and an engaging story.

Hope these recommendations help! ^^

You know the first rule to combat? Shoot them before they shoot you.
Aug 29, 2019 9:53 PM

Apr 2019
My recommendations:

1. MW

2. Touch

3. Fullmetal Alchemist

4. Katte ni Kaizou

5. Your Lie in April

6. Kare Kano

7. 20th Century Boys

8. Chihayafuru

9. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

10. Love Hina

11. Hunter X Hunter

12. Slam Dunk

13. The World God Only Knows

14. A Distant Neighborhood

15. Nodame Cantabile

16. Oyasumi Punpun

17. ARIA

18. Mx0

19. Midori no Hibi

20. Ore Monogatari!!

21. Bokko

22. Taiyou no Ie

23. Ran to Haiiro Sekai

24. EMMA

25. RiN

26. Kakukaku Shikajika

27. Love Lab

28. Kasane

29. March Story

30. Level E

31. Hoshi no Samidare

32. SUNNY

33. Mysterious Girlfriend X

34. Green Blood

35. Denki-gai no Honya-san

36. Golden Kamuy

37. Dungeon Meshi

38. Hayate no Gotoku!!

39. Akai Mi Hajiketa

40. Moonlight Mile

41. PSYREN

42. Happy World!!

43. Tegami Bachi

44. Itoshi no Karin

45. Orange

46. Beck

47. KINGDOM

48. Toriko

49. BERSERK

50. The Gods Lie

51. Eyeshield 21

52. Hajime no Ippo

53. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai

54. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

55. Immortal Hounds

56. Akatsuki no Yona

57. IKIGAMI

58. Cross Game

59. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

60. Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

61. Mai Ball!!

62. Zatch Bell!!

63. Bokura ga Ita

64. Sekai Oni

65. ARAGO

66. Angel Densentsu

67. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni

68. Hanekoi Lion

69. Ballroom e Youkoso

70. Solanin

71. Chicha Koi Nikki

72. Takemitsu Zamurai

73. Bamboo Blade

74. NANA

75. REAL

76. HENSHIN

77. Saturn Apartments

78. Needless

79. Uchuu Kyoudai

80. I Am a Hero

81. KARIN

82. Bakuman

83. GANTZ

84. Skip Beat!

85. Yuusha ga Shinda!

86. Maison Ikkoku

87. Hikaru no Go

88. AKIRA

89. Shirogane no Nina

90. Trinity Seven

91. A Silent Voice

92. Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas

93. Billy Bat

94. X

95. Himitsu no Ai-chan

96. I''s

97. Phoenix

98. Fruits Basket

99. GON

100. GTO

101. Uzumaki

102. Honey and Clover

103. Maiwai

104. Ichigo 100%

105. Liar Game

106. Old Boy

107. Kono Oto Tomare!

108. Otomen

109. Thermae Romae

110. 11-nin Iru!

111. Minamoto-kun Monogatari

112. Hatsukoi Zombie

113. Say Hello to Black Jack

114. Trigun

115. Sket Dance

116. Nononono

117. PLANETES

118. Azumanga Daioh

119. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

120. Dansanjoshi

121. Nichijou

122. Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou

123. Mahoromatic

124. Genshinken

125. Vinland Saga

126. Himouto! Umaru-chan

127. Monster

128. Natsu no Zenjitsu

129. Let´s Lagoon

130. 5 Centimeters Per Second

131. Sangatsu no Lion

132. Yakitake!! Japan

133. The Drifting Classroom

134. Black Butler

135. Sumomomo Momomo

136. Kiniro Mosaic

137. GUNNM

138. Otaku no Musume-san

AldiniBroAug 30, 2019 10:28 AM
Sep 16, 2019 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Hello,

I would like some recommendations based on Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Maybe with some more comedy and slice of life, fantasy, supernatural?

Thank you!
Jan 2, 2020 8:09 AM

Nov 2017
@coenraed

How about these
Emanon
Haruka na Machi e

ACTION STUFF:
Uratarou
Kurohime
Gleipnir

COMEDY:
Thermae Romae
The legend of koizumi

Also i personaly recommend these but you may find them a bit too weird
Blame!
Alien 9
Nickelodeon (or any other compilation of douman seiman/Dowman Sayman)
ASTARISUUJan 2, 2020 8:21 AM
Jan 2, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2017
does anyone know the name of that manga where protags girl companion transforms into a giant whale monster that devours other monsters but also has impulses to eat protag?
Jan 2, 2020 8:13 AM

Nov 2017
coenraed said:
Konik said:

How about Genshiken, Gin no Saji, or Hachimitsu to Clover
Thanks, but most of those seem pretty conventional to me. I know artistic is a hard word to define, and that a simply good, well illustrated story full of character is artistic in its own right, but I don't want something good to read. I want something to stare at in utter disbelief. I hope I've clarified myself somewhat

How about these
Emanon
Haruka na Machi e

ACTION STUFF:
Uratarou
Kurohime
Gleipnir

Also i personaly recommend these but you may find them a bit too weird
Blame!
Alien 9
Nickelodeon (or any other compilation of douman seiman/Dowman Sayman)
Jan 2, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2017
@Waves02
Emanon
Haruka na Machi e
Dakara Miyoko Desu (this one tugged on my heart strings)
Apr 19, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
ASTARISUU said:
@Waves02
Emanon
Haruka na Machi e
Dakara Miyoko Desu (this one tugged on my heart strings)

Thank you, I shall add them to my plan to read list right now. 😊
Apr 24, 2020 8:09 AM
Dec 2018
Hi,
I'm looking for some good horror manga, i read most of junji ito works,
can someone give some recommendation?
Jul 9, 2020 12:06 PM
Dec 2018
Ashscot said:
8man_1 said:
Hi,
I'm looking for some good horror manga, i read most of junji ito works,
can someone give some recommendation?

Better late than never, right? I found these manga okay and would recommend checking them out.

Hideout
Ibitsu
Museum

They may be a little different than what you're looking for, but I hope they give you somewhere to start.

Thank you, i'll definitely check them out
Jul 10, 2020 6:29 AM

May 2020
Can someone give me recs based on my anime list
AdoNo659XzJul 10, 2020 7:18 AM
Jul 10, 2020 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
AdoNo659Xz said:
Can someone give me recs based on my manga list

Seeing you've only read manga about Samurai here's a must read in that genre -

Rurouni Kenshin

Jul 10, 2020 7:19 AM

May 2020
JoKeR_95 said:
AdoNo659Xz said:
Can someone give me recs based on my manga list

Rurouni Kenshin

Srry I meant based on my anime list
Jul 25, 2020 8:57 AM

Feb 2014
AdoNo659Xz said:
JoKeR_95 said:

Rurouni Kenshin

Srry I meant based on my anime list

Here's a few anime -

One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Kuroko's Basketball
Yu Yu Hakusho
Your Lie In April
Aug 4, 2020 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Hey
Does anyone know any great comedy, slice of life manga?
I really enjoyed Kaguya-sama, Please don't bully me, Nagatoro and Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 11, 2020 7:03 AM
Dec 2018
Jay287 said:
Hey
I really enjoyed Kaguya-sama, Please don't bully me, Nagatoro and Gabriel DropOut.

If you enjoyed nagatoro-san you should definitely read Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san and Gal Gohan
others good comedy, slice of life are:
Grand Blue (one of the best manga i've ever read)
Horimiya
Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san
SQ: Begin W/Your Name!
Wotakoi
Aug 11, 2020 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
8man_1 said:
Jay287 said:
Hey

If you enjoyed nagatoro-san you should definitely read Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san and Gal Gohan
others good comedy, slice of life are:
Grand Blue (one of the best manga i've ever read)
Horimiya
Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san
SQ: Begin W/Your Name!
Wotakoi

Thanks man!
I am reading Grand Blue at the moment. It's so good!
Yancha Gal no Anjou-san and Horimiya look good so I'll pick them up next!
Aug 29, 2020 6:36 AM

Jun 2020
Hi, I'm a new member here. Can anyone recommend me mangas that discuss philosophical questions and ideas? I would like to read manga that makes me think, where the characters are questioning other people's actions and thoughts, not just saying that something is right/wrong or blatantly telling people what to do, but thoroughly discussing the nature of it.

I'm referring to mangas like Koko wa Ima kara Rinri desu, Mystery to Iu Nakare, and Platinum End. Thank you in advance! :D

Jan 10, 2021 5:08 AM

Feb 2009
Anyone know some manga that will fit to this picture?
Story about small mischievous goddess and her human companion?!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/5c687654284ad404dd5fba096f4409e6/tumblr_ord1trRlRs1spud3zo1_1280.jpg

Jan 10, 2021 6:34 AM
Sep 2020
I've just done a dive down the fantasy/isekai rabbithole and I want to get the hell out of it. Someone, anyone, please give me something to binge

Looking for a manga that gets you really emotionally invested in the story / character interactions. Not interested in shoujo and not a huge fan of horror, however I really enjoyed Horimiya, RELife and Uzumaki. I don't care about how many chapters there are, as long as there's enough to give the story and characters some depth.
Tearjerkers welcome.
Jan 17, 2021 4:51 PM

Jul 2019
Hello, I'm trying to look for sci-fi manga where the mc owns or commands a spaceship either in the future, modern-day, or a fantasy world. Manhua and manhwa are good too if you know some. I've tried looking for a good one for a long time but I've only ever found 1 that was like what I wanted: https://myanimelist.net/manga/125498

If you know a manga/manhua/manhwa that could be at least similar then I would gladly check them out. Thanks in advance!
Jun 2, 2021 9:10 PM
May 2021
ASTARISUU said:
does anyone know the name of that manga where protags girl companion transforms into a giant whale monster that devours other monsters but also has impulses to eat protag?
Sachi's Monstrous Appetite
katastrofikal said:
Hi, I'm a new member here. Can anyone recommend me mangas that discuss philosophical questions and ideas? I would like to read manga that makes me think, where the characters are questioning other people's actions and thoughts, not just saying that something is right/wrong or blatantly telling people what to do, but thoroughly discussing the nature of it.

I'm referring to mangas like Koko wa Ima kara Rinri desu, Mystery to Iu Nakare, and Platinum End. Thank you in advance! :D
Ao no Flag
Himizu
Aerinea said:
Hello, I'm trying to look for sci-fi manga where the mc owns or commands a spaceship either in the future, modern-day, or a fantasy world. Manhua and manhwa are good too if you know some. I've tried looking for a good one for a long time but I've only ever found 1 that was like what I wanted: https://myanimelist.net/manga/125498

If you know a manga/manhua/manhwa that could be at least similar then I would gladly check them out. Thanks in advance!
Kanata no Astra
Kochuu Gunshikan, Boukensha ni Naru
Planetes
Moon You. The Moon instead of a spaceship, but still worth checking out.
Jul 23, 2021 12:47 AM

Jan 2021
can someone give me a good slice of life manga to cry to?

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because
they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

Jul 23, 2021 1:14 AM
Jul 2019
um hey wassup people im new to the manga reading scene ive read some manga's.

I was wondering if someone would tell me some manga's that have slice of life romance vibe but that are not too long and if they have cute scenes i wouldn't mind that :p

thanks
Aug 22, 2021 3:41 PM
Aug 2019
Yo, I need a good recommendation for a first manga please. I already know there are some classics that I want to try, but I don't know if I want to start with the best stuff out there and then come to dislike everything that doesn't meet that bar. Or if maybe there's some other reason to avoid the best stuff at the start.

The ones I already want to try are Berserk, Punpun, 20th century boys, maybe Land of the Lustrous (no idea if/when another season of the anime will come), and probably others that I can't think of in the moment.

Feel free to check out my anime list or anything else available on my profile if you want. Thanks in advance for your help.
Dec 11, 2021 1:35 PM

Dec 2021
ghier said:
Yo, I need a good recommendation for a first manga please. I already know there are some classics that I want to try, but I don't know if I want to start with the best stuff out there and then come to dislike everything that doesn't meet that bar. Or if maybe there's some other reason to avoid the best stuff at the start.

The ones I already want to try are Berserk, Punpun, 20th century boys, maybe Land of the Lustrous (no idea if/when another season of the anime will come), and probably others that I can't think of in the moment.

Feel free to check out my anime list or anything else available on my profile if you want. Thanks in advance for your help.

Those are all great to start, maybe i'd read Monster before 20CB, if you're not too used to the medium following 20Cb could be hard sometimes while Monster, from the same author, is still amazing (arguably even better) but has a way more classic kind of thriller. Then a personal favorite of the author is Billy Bat, but that's, well, even weirder than 20CB lol. Then since you've watched Akira and Devilman: Crybaby i'd suggest you the manga source of them, especially Akira, while incredible from a visual perspective, suffered a lot the fact of being a 6 volumes (that were like the double of tankobon format) story adapted in a 2 hours movie (so yes, if you found it a bit confusing plot-wise that's why), most of the central parts of the manga are eliminated and the last part is enterily different. Devilman too (even tho not that much) is a lot different in the two medium (but be aware that this is VERY old and the art-style for today's standard is a bit weird, maybe let this as the last one)
P.S. Don't worry, there's so much good stuff it'll be a while before you ran out of it lol
Dec 26, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2021
ghier said:

I'm quite a beginner to Manga too and my personal favourites (without an Anime) have been Dandadan, Spy x Family and Chainsaw Man. But maybe wait for the anime of the last two then proceed. Some other ones you should consider are Houseki no Kuni and Monster (by the author of 20 CB).
Dec 26, 2021 10:34 PM

Aug 2019
Heyo everyone! just joined and I haven't read much manga, but I really loved Horimiya and am, uhhh, "enjoying" Oyasumi Pun Pun? (idk how to describe it, but I definitely don't hate it). I've also attempted to read a few others. So any manga with similar themes to those two might interest me. Does anyone know any?
Feb 19, 2023 4:24 PM
Jan 2023
Hey, Newbie here.

I don't know how to do the fancy colours, just hoping someone would see this. But could someone recommend me smth similar to grim reaper and four girlfriends? or anything similar to Minamoto-kun Monogatari or The world god only knows. A manga that I can be attached to

Don't really care about the length, or status 

check my profile 4 further knowledge on my interest

*(I don't check MAL often)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.