Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 2, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2013
Oh damn, that slaughter scene, that was dark, hearing the sinister screams of the child being ripped apart...Damn.
Feb 20, 2014 12:40 AM

Jul 2010
It was really hard to watch what Ryoosuke and Bluebeard were doing to that little boy. I wanted so badly to just jump in there and save him. I really hope that those two characters get what's coming to them.
Feb 20, 2014 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
Kalisto said:
It was really hard to watch what Ryoosuke and Bluebeard were doing to that little boy. I wanted so badly to just jump in there and save him. I really hope that those two characters get what's coming to them.

You would have jumped in and gotten killed too.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 5, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2012
The rider is awesome, his interactions with Waver are cracking me up already.

As soon as I heard Ishida Akira's voice, I knew that character was going to be an eccentric. Wow, poor kid. I got some real bad chills as soon as the caster told him to go out the door.

The assassin is dead already? Damn, I wonder if it was really that easy.
Mar 12, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
I'm little confused, what was all that talk about his wife past away and stuff in first episode, they look fine in the 2nd episode...
Mar 12, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Forgetful00 said:
I'm little confused, what was all that talk about his wife past away and stuff in first episode, they look fine in the 2nd episode...
What the fuck? Are you my twin or something?

Whose wife are you talking about? Tokiomi or Kirei's father said that Kirei's wife died before the first episode

I think you might be mixing up characters; are you confusing her with Kiritsugu's wife (Irisviel)? Cause Irisviel is still alive
Or maybe Tokiomi's wife (Aoi), who is also still alive
I dont get how that confusion happened in the second episode when both Aoi and Iri were shown perfectly fine after Risei talked about Claudia's death.
Mar 15, 2014 10:23 PM

Apr 2012
I can't believe I put off this series for as long as I had.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
Dropped unless I find a reason to come back, I was hoping for awesome action in this series but this is too dark for my liking.
Mar 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
talentlessash said:
Dropped unless I find a reason to come back, I was hoping for awesome action in this series but this is too dark for my liking.
So you can watch Another but not this?

And this isnt an action series even if it has awesome fight scenes.
Mar 17, 2014 10:17 PM

Aug 2012
bunny_lover said:
I can't believe I put off this series for as long as I had.

this :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 14, 2014 3:27 AM

May 2013
This anime is amazing. i watch anime for shows like this
May 5, 2014 11:10 PM

Jan 2009
1. Good to see saber again. She's so refined & strong

2. Bluebeard giving that kid a little hope, then crushing it was messed up

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
Whoa, I also can't believe I was putting this anime off for so long. I'm going into this without any background knowledge of it, so far it's pretty enjoyable.
May 19, 2014 12:30 PM
Jun 2013
I like this rider hes comical and entertaining.I wonder how saber hide that he was a she for so long.I guess Its never easy to tell your kids your going to die so its best to say your going to be gone for a while lol.wow caster and his master are freaking pricks.I cant wait to see them get what they deserve. wow that was a quick death.Would have liked to see what assasin could do before he got destroyed.Another good episode I like the OP on to the next.
May 20, 2014 4:08 AM

Jul 2007
souledge94 said:
I wonder how saber hide that he was a she for so long.

Magic.

Being a father to a son also helped.

Distancing from the people you rule over also helped.

King Arthur is the "perfect people's king" because its an ideal(equality for all, justice, all lives being worthy, building an utopia with no war or strife, etc)l, a non-subjective entity most never knew.

Hilariously that's also the biggest flaw.
Jun 23, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
Likely to have nightmares from the sounds made by that child's death. D:
Jul 12, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
currycurry said:

This. I literally covered my eyes. Couldn't take it! ugh

Jul 28, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
"I like kids and little girls."

Bruh??
Jul 30, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
Ah, Saber! Her speech together with Kiritsugu x Illya in the garden totally stole this episode.

Jul 30, 2014 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
Mich666 said:
Ah, Saber! Her speech together with Kiritsugu x Illya in the garden totally stole this episode.

Also, I responded to your latest EP 1 comment. Hope you have read it.
Jul 31, 2014 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
C-Core said:

It's just when seeing this episode and mainly scene where Illya x Kiritsugu being so close to each other I was just thinking it's very sad he wasn't allowed to see her anymore. But I guess that's Einzberns for us, he may be her father but she belongs to them.

I also find it nice that even after all those years she still remembers that walnut scene:

But after this, one also has to ask where the real reason to hate Shirou (and Kiritsugu) came from.

And the phrase she mentions in this episode "her mother being always with her", that's the same in novel too:

C-Core said:
Also, I responded to your latest EP 1 comment. Hope you have read it.

Yes, I read it, though my knowlege of Nasuverse is based mainly on my playthrough of FSN and Ataraxia, seeing FSN and UBW anime and reading some authors' interviews. I've never read F/Z novel so I am only guessing how things could be in Fate/Zero anime. That said, I did put my reaction there.
Mich666Jul 31, 2014 4:38 AM
Jul 31, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Mich666 said:
In fact, those may not only be words of sentiment but also a hint on how homunculi work, there is strong possibility she somehow gained bits of Iris' memories when she has knows details about 4th HGW (in a way, this can be the same as magic crest family transfer).

You have read FSN, so you'll probably know Ilya has a connection to all Einzbern homunculi that are connected to the Grail. She is indirectly modeled, as she's Iri's daughter, after Justeaze. She can access memories of all these homunculi.
Aug 9, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2010
Caster's so distorted, I can't stand him. Alexander's kinda annoying, and Gilgamesh is even more OP, lol.

LostHanyou said:

It's ok Assassin... Gilgamesh was just jealous of your dancing skills.
lololo xD
MeritasAug 13, 2014 6:29 PM
Aug 11, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2014
Bleh, i kinda think it's silly how Assassin didn't notice before Gilgamesh before he attacked. other than that, great episode.
Aug 17, 2014 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
RIP Assassin. No wait, you can't die that easily.
Aug 23, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2009
Dam this is GOOD!
Gilgamesh being Gilgamesh :D
Aug 31, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2014
Can't believe I set it back to "on-hold". Great Episode.
Seeing most of the heroes is kinda cool.
Sep 4, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Rider, Caster and female King Arthur come on the scene. Assassin has a run in with Archer. Great start like I remember.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 6, 2014 2:30 AM

Apr 2013
The scene where the Caster kills the boy still haunts me. I kind of expected him to die, but I didn't expect them to actually show it. And you hear the boy screaming and dying... I actually got physically ill. I need to read some facts before watching a show from now on.

Other than that part, this is still a really good show.
Sep 6, 2014 2:33 AM

Apr 2013
currycurry said:

It scared me to the point that I vomited.
Sep 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, Rider is so funny :')
Poor Waver, he certainly not hit on someone of his type of character. Rider objectif? Conquer the world, nothing less. What a magnificiant motherfucker.

Ilya is so cute. That scene was really hard to watch (Fate/stay night)

I don't remember if they show the reaction Kiritsugu and Irisviel had when they saw Saber. They certainly didn't expected her to be a girl, that proud queen king.

Archer, a.k.a. the most badass servant ever. Too bad he's a crazy fuck. And, well, Assassin being Assassin. He must share his luck with Lancer.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 28, 2014 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
Nice build up to the Holy Grail War. Looking forward to it.
Nov 13, 2014 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
Agh, I had such a bad feeling when Caster was summoned. He looked like a real sadistic kind of guy, you know? Then he actually freed the kid, and I thought he might be nicer than he looks considering he's supposed to be a Heroic Spirit and all.
Then the kid gets to the hallway, and I start to have a bad feeling, like there's no way a serial killer would have just let one of his victims live. So I cross my fingers and start hoping the kid will actually live, and all the while I have this deepening pit in my gut telling me that the boy's gonna die. But having only seen Fate/stay night and Unlimited Blade Works at this point, I'm expecting the serial killer to stab him in the gut or through the head or decapitate him or something like that.
I practically jumped out of my chair when those evil tentacle things grabbed him and was so freaked out by that moment. I mean, I could almost tell that the kid was gonna die, but even so, dying like that...
*shudder*
Nov 14, 2014 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
Heroic Spirits arent only people that did...good stuff during their lives.If the system didnt have restrictions even Hitler could be summoned as one.
Nov 15, 2014 2:42 AM

Jul 2007
Yep as explained in FSN, Heroic Spirits are pretty much anyone who made a sufficient mark on history to be remembered and have legends written about them. There's no "morality" involved in summoning them.
Nov 17, 2014 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
Well, kinda. You're not taking into account that

But then, that topic is only known to me because I wasted time trying to learn things from the Fate series wiki.
Nov 17, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
hawk222 said:

But then, that topic is only known to me because I wasted time trying to learn things from the Fate series wiki.
The default Assassin class Heroic Spirits arent heroes either and they have nothing to do with the spoiler...
Nov 17, 2014 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The proven involvement in this episode is the same that I have tried before. Storytelling with the right balance between action and parties in dialogue, we are preparing to clash understanding the reasons that lead everyone to do this.
Great personalities reside in the protagonists, accompanied by drawings and excellent atmosphere.
Gilga loses no opportunity to prove one of the best servant.
Nice the opening, but also very beautiful ending. Soundtrack apt context.
Ufotable is a guarantee! : D
Nov 17, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
Oh wow, much better than the first episode. I'm more interested now.
Nov 18, 2014 12:40 AM

Mar 2013
FakePriest said:
hawk222 said:

The default Assassin class Heroic Spirits arent heroes either and they have nothing to do with the spoiler...

Actually, they can count as Heroic Spirits. According to the wiki:
"Heroic Spirits are spirits of heroes who achieved great deeds in life, having become objects of worship after their deaths."
"Each Heroic Spirit is a unique existence, "the one and only", who each stood out from the others of their time by performing deeds and possessing qualities that no other possessed."

So, as long as the Assassins did praiseworthy things in their lives, they qualify as Heroic Spirits. I mean, they even have the shared name of Old Man on the Mountain, so that must have meant something (even if it was only praiseworthy amongst assassins). Another example of an unorthodox Heroic Spirit is

In terms of the relevance of the spoiler,
Nov 18, 2014 12:43 AM

Aug 2009
I am talking about heroes and the usual definition of a hero, not about the term Heroic Spirits.
Nov 18, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
The whole discussion was after all about the morality of them all and Assassin is no more moral than Zero-Caster.
Dec 16, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2013
Okay I decided to rewatch one of my favorite anime, because I need to freshen up on the details.

And...

I fucking love it even more. The second episode is way better than the first. I lovee the atmosphere of this series, that's why I fell in love with it so quickly. Now I get why I prefer F/Z over F/SN. It's just so my style.

And the ending song gave me chills lol, it's just so good from both music and visual side.

<3
Dec 26, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Damn that poor kid... the ending scenes were cool
Dec 27, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 2013
Are you people really that... sensitive and stupid? I can´t believe how some of you thought that the kid would have survived. And saying "It went too far" is literally the biggest shit you can say.
Dec 30, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
>Rider making fun of one of anime's worst tropes
I already love this dude.

I DID NOT EXPECT THAT KID TO SURVIVE BUT HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A JUMPSCARE. Terrifying.

No way Assassin is already dead... o___o

I fucking love this show already.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 21, 2015 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
And lo behold! Kotomine shows his true nature. I knew that slime couldn't be trusted. Gilgamesh wiped the floor with Assassin, though I doubt he's dead.
Lancer appears to be a Greek hero if I trust the ED, but have no idea just who is Berserker. Looks like it's a girl though from the ED. And since when was Bluebeard a magician? he was just a wife-killer wasn't he, how the hell did he become a magician???
Jan 21, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 2009
R2 said:
And lo behold! Kotomine shows his true nature. I knew that slime couldn't be trusted. Gilgamesh wiped the floor with Assassin, though I doubt he's dead.
Lancer appears to be a Greek hero if I trust the ED, but have no idea just who is Berserker. Looks like it's a girl though from the ED. And since when was Bluebeard a magician? he was just a wife-killer wasn't he, how the hell did he become a magician???
Bluebeard was based on someone that supposedly tried to summon demons..
Feb 2, 2015 2:32 PM

Aug 2009
Holy shit. That kid being torn apart reminded me of just how fucked up the Japanese can be.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

12 by AustinJamB »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.