Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 26, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that focuses on the character that was expecting to see.
Narratively flows fast and the rhythm usual, with a touch of sympathy that characterizes the anime.
Always good parts about the songs and the ending.
The TV version of the drawings, are on the sufficiency.
Nov 11, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Miki........

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 5:10 AM

Sep 2015
I think the show probably needed an episode like this one. Got to pretend to have a plot every now and again. Plus Haruka's supposed to be the main character right? She's in the center in the OP, she was the first one we met in the first episode. That's all I got but surely those count for something. I don't care too much for Haruka. She's kind of dull to me. But I felt for her falling asleep on her feet in this episode. And I do like Chihaya and their relationship is pretty sweet. Loved them sleeping over together at the end.

Pretty formulaic, 'It's not working! We tried hard enough now it's working!' episode until the end. I can't believe they're still running with that Miki misunderstanding plot. I kind of forgot about the set up and thought Miki was just being a dumbass. She's one of the few characters I actively dislike. So not looking forward to what seems to be her focus next. Very little Ryuguu Komachi this episode so everyone complaining about that can stop bitching. I liked the sneeze joke though. As well as the fact Yayoi thinks Iori's nice to everyone, and everyone else is skepticism.
Aug 29, 2017 8:38 PM

Jul 2015
"Liar ><"

Miki might be sad, but she never stops being cute.

Pretty plot heavy episode compared to the usual, a concert is coming very soon and the characters are working hard to do a nice performance, some strugging way more than the others.

We also got to see more of Chihaya's current situation, seeing all these boxes around and her house so empty makes me sad. She has a picture of her with her brother, so I can imagine that she misses him and is really angry with her parents for the divorce, breaking the family in the progress. I feel so bad for her and I'm looking forward to seeing more of everything that happened for such a sad situation, stay strong Chihaya!
Feb 14, 2018 5:25 AM

Jun 2016
It was cool to see a deeper side to some of the girls, especially Amami with how much shes been struggling, but even more so with seeing the girls doubt in catching up and Yukiho's lack of self confidence. Their quirks up to this point have been mostly fun ones that didn't explore their minds and problems on a substantial level, although that isn't to say it never does as it definitely did with characters like Iori.

It was also cool to see more of Chihaya since she's been way too absent recently. Her house is so empty and so.. her. I wonder if we'll get to see her little brother who she looked quite happy with in the photo she had up. I assume he means a lot to her seeing that it was the only family photo in the house and definitely the only thing that wasn't for pure utility. Despite being so introverted and goal driven she can still have a great time cooking with Amami. Can't wait to learn even more about Chihaya.

It was pretty inspiring seeing the idols learn to have confidence in themselves and not give up... but poor Miki. I had thought she thought she could be an idol like Ryuugu(?), rather than wanting to actually be a part of that group itself so the misunderstanding wasn't one I predicted to be this serious.
Sep 1, 2019 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
They should get rid of those useless, talentless and boring shitheads like Haruka, Yukiho and Yayoi. What do they need them for? They are just a waste of air.
Jun 18, 2020 3:00 PM

May 2018
Haruka finally shines again :D
Aug 31, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
Chihaya maybe first time smiles so much.. Taking care of someone (Haruka, in this case) helped for her to get closer to girls.. Maybe first time I see that, to be honest..
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.