Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2017 6:30 PM

Mar 2012
Wasn't a fan of this arc : /
Apr 15, 2017 6:02 PM
Mar 2015
Not going to lie, kinda wished possessed Tanuma would be a thing for the series. The two worked pretty well together.
May 3, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
Natsume, Tanuma and Taki successfully restore the mirror. During this, Tanuma gets a chance to experience what Natsume sees everyday, while Natsume learns a valuable lesson about being more opened with his friends. Well...I say they restored it, but Nyanko-sensei literally did 80% minimum of the work. Okay...he forced the local youkai to do it while he sat around drinking, but still! :D They'd have been screwed without him either way, and that montage of his was hilarious. :D Considering how often he does most of the work, in addition to already being easily the best character in this series, I'ma just treat him as the real mc from now on. :D I see the mirror shards attract each other too. So since Nyanko-sensei had the biggest by far the one in Natsume's eye left to rejoin it safely. And that hammer youkai was just a random grunt after all. I thought it might have been her sick friend in a crazed state, but no. Too bad we never really see if she successfully healed him, but I like to think the episode implied she did. That aside not much else to say. I've already commented on Natsume needing to be more opened with his friends what feels like a dozen times by now. Nice to see it finally addressed somewhat. :D
May 21, 2017 4:26 PM
Nov 2016
Completely boring. No reason it should've been 2 episodes.
May 21, 2017 4:27 PM
Nov 2016
animefan8800 said:
Natsume, Tanuma and Taki successfully restore the mirror. During this, Tanuma gets a chance to experience what Natsume sees everyday, while Natsume learns a valuable lesson about being more opened with his friends. Well...I say they restored it, but Nyanko-sensei literally did 80% minimum of the work. Okay...he forced the local youkai to do it while he sat around drinking, but still! :D They'd have been screwed without him either way, and that montage of his was hilarious. :D Considering how often he does most of the work, in addition to already being easily the best character in this series, I'ma just treat him as the real mc from now on. :D I see the mirror shards attract each other too. So since Nyanko-sensei had the biggest by far the one in Natsume's eye left to rejoin it safely. And that hammer youkai was just a random grunt after all. I thought it might have been her sick friend in a crazed state, but no. Too bad we never really see if she successfully healed him, but I like to think the episode implied she did. That aside not much else to say. I've already commented on Natsume needing to be more opened with his friends what feels like a dozen times by now. Nice to see it finally addressed somewhat. :D

Why does Natsume need to be, "more open" with his friends? What does that mean? They never argue. They get along perfectly fine. He doesn't lie to them, or keep secrets.
May 21, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2012
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
animefan8800 said:

Why does Natsume need to be, "more open" with his friends? What does that mean? They never argue. They get along perfectly fine. He doesn't lie to them, or keep secrets.

Uhhhh....what? Only 2 know he can see yokai and he constantly tries to not let them know when he does. Honestly I assumed that was obvious. XD
May 21, 2017 8:06 PM
Nov 2016
animefan8800 said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Uhhhh....what? Only 2 know he can see yokai and he constantly tries to not let them know when he does. Honestly I assumed that was obvious. XD

Huh. Then my memory is a lot worse than I thought it was. I might have to make notes on anime episodes, even when I'm watching them daily.
Apr 3, 2018 7:53 AM

Feb 2013
Tanuma saw a bit of Natsume's world, nice.
I hope she found and healed her friend.
May 8, 2019 12:15 PM

May 2018
My only rant about this episode is Natsume being much too weakened.

In the past episodes we are aware that Natsume could force back some strong youkais with one single punch, but in this episode he couldn't do anything against the hammer youkai who is supposedly a pretty weak one. Doesn't make sense to me.
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
Dec 13, 2019 9:22 AM

Aug 2017
Tanuma is beginning to understand what Natsume sees everyday. Nyanko sensei finds a huge portion of the mirror by letting other yokai look for it. Good character development. Hope she found her friend.
Jun 9, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2016
Madara can sure order youkai around like it's nothing
another enjoyable and character development for Natsume
I always had problems with the fact that he doesn't tell Tanuma about what he sees.
May 15, 2021 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Tanuma possession was a great arc. Tanuma and natsume chemistry is great, the youkai they introduced was interesting and sad and Taki continues to be best girl.
This season so far is probably the weakest right now,, for whatever reason the matoba arc just didn't have that emotional impact. The singular episodes have been amazing, not as good as season 1 but very close. These last two episodes could make this season a 10, right now it is a very strong 9
Jun 11, 2021 7:21 PM

Jan 2021
It was nice that Tanuma was able to see youkais for a while!!^^
Oct 28, 2021 4:11 AM

Apr 2019
Even though Natsume has friends who know he sees Youkais he doesn't tell things, and that's understandable considering what he's been through.
May 14, 2022 1:15 PM

Feb 2020
To be honest, this whole mirror arc was pretty boring.
May 16, 2022 11:14 AM
Nov 2020
They really care a lot for each other,, damn what a beautiful relationship
Jul 5, 2023 10:07 PM

May 2021
Didn’t expect him to shoot a laser beam from his mouth lol
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 4, 2011

152 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 23, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 22, 2011

81 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 5, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 25, 2011

198 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 4, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2011

114 by Pockycrusader »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2011

81 by dio9_by »»
Sep 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.