Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 3, 2017 4:11 PM

Jun 2017
MistyBlue said:
Why did Milly and Meryl get reassigned to investigate/go after Vash after their boss said to give up? Actually, why would they even send people from the insurance company to go after the most dangerous man on the planet?

Um, to be fair, this was explained in the series. They weren't supposed to catch him, just follow him around and minimize the damage he was causing, since all the collateral damage was costing the insurance company money. This is best illustrated in the otherwise unremarkable episode Little Arcadia, when Milly and Meryl basically kick Vash out of the way and stop some bandits, then celebrate a job well done. Meryl also explains this in the recap episode. They were recalled when Vash disappeared during the Fifth Moon incident, then sent back out when he resurfaced.

MistyBlue said:
The "plants". Vash and Knives' own people. In a light bulb thing. Like is no one going to talk about how the humans pretty much exploited them for resources? What are they exactly??

The whole point of Knives's vendetta against humans was that he felt humans were parasites that were exploiting his people, whereas Vash thought that the plants were okay with helping people. The two that we do see in the series (episode 6 and episode 21) don't seem to have any problems acting as energy sources and cooperate with Vash to provide power to humans, so I think we can assume that Vash is correct.

As for what they are, they are literally some type of humanoid plant created in a lab. That's why Vash and Knives grew up so quickly and live so long, and why the scars on Vash's body never completely heal (i.e. it's the same reason graffiti carved into trees never go away). I haven't read the manga, but I'm told that there is a lot more backstory about the plants there, if you want to know more.
Aug 3, 2017 4:33 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
LunaLena said:

Um, to be fair, this was explained in the series. They weren't supposed to catch him, just follow him around and minimize the damage he was causing, since all the collateral damage was costing the insurance company money. This is best illustrated in the otherwise unremarkable episode Little Arcadia, when Milly and Meryl basically kick Vash out of the way and stop some bandits, then celebrate a job well done. Meryl also explains this in the recap episode. They were recalled when Vash disappeared during the Fifth Moon incident, then sent back out when he resurfaced.

I didn't say anything about catching him. I was just wondering how in the world are two people supposed to stop the damages made by someone who has 60b bounty on his head? If Vash wasn't the dangerous person that everyone thought he was, I doubt those two would have been able to stop him.
Hmm..I thought that the reason they were sent back to the insurance company was because "it was an act of god" or something. Maybe I'll have to go re-watch that episode. Kind of surprised that they still have their job since they didn't really do much to prevent towns from going into ruin.
Aug 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Jun 2017
MistyBlue said:
I was just wondering how in the world are two people supposed to stop the damages made by someone who has 60b bounty on his head? If Vash wasn't the dangerous person that everyone thought he was, I doubt those two would have been able to stop him.

Basically they were supposed to do what they did in the Little Arcadia episode - step in and de-escalate the situation so that the Humanoid Typhoon wouldn't get pissed off and blow something up. Remember how they first tried to approach him all friendly-like and with a box of donuts? They were supposed to befriend him (probably also why the company picked two cute girls) and keep him in check, sort of how one's friends hold one back during a bar brawl and say things like "calm down man, it's not worth it."

Another part of their job was to be on-the-spot claims investigators, to determine if Vash was at fault for the destruction, or if it was something else. I can't remember which episode it is, but there is one that ends with Meryl writing up a report to the insurance company stating that the destruction was caused by someone else, so all claims should be paid. It might have been episode 5, Hard Puncher.

Hmm..I thought that the reason they were sent back to the insurance company was because "it was an act of god" or something. Maybe I'll have to go re-watch that episode. Kind of surprised that they still have their job since they didn't really do much to prevent towns from going into ruin.

Yeah, you're right. It's been a while since I've seen the series so I forgot, but you're right, they did get a letter after the Fifth Moon incident saying that Vash the Stampede has been classified as a force of nature or something like that, and insurance claims would be dealt with that way from then on.

I've seen some speculation that their assignment was actually ordered by Knives, as a covert way to keep track of Vash. Hence their inexplicable re-assignment after Vash resurfaces. It's not something I think about much, though, to be honest, since it's most likely just a plot device to keep the band together.
Aug 9, 2017 12:00 AM

Feb 2016
So Knives can survive a direct shot from an Angel Arm but a few bullets knocks him out cold. K

Besides this ending, this was a pretty enjoyable show.
Aug 10, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2017
OneNaughtyBear said:
So Knives can survive a direct shot from an Angel Arm but a few bullets knocks him out cold.

Not quite. Knives was never shot by Vash's Angel Arm. He always had his own Angel Arm to cancel out Vash's. They even emphasize this during the final fight:

Million Knives: [both using telepathy] I didn't create these weapons to be wasted like that!

Vash the Stampede: Using them this way is the only thing that gives them any meaning at all.

Knives was knocked out by just a few bullets because he had never really been shot before, so he wasn't used to the concept of pain. The only other time he was really injured was about 20 years before the series takes place, when their fight destroyed the city of July, and he spent the entire ensuing time recuperating. Vash, in contrast, spent those 20 years getting shot at (as seen by his heavy scarring) and is quite used to working through the pain. That's why Vash was able to get up after Knives shot him and Knives couldn't.
Aug 10, 2017 8:36 PM

Feb 2016
LunaLena said:
OneNaughtyBear said:
So Knives can survive a direct shot from an Angel Arm but a few bullets knocks him out cold.

Not quite. Knives was never shot by Vash's Angel Arm. He always had his own Angel Arm to cancel out Vash's. They even emphasize this during the final fight:

Million Knives: [both using telepathy] I didn't create these weapons to be wasted like that!

Vash the Stampede: Using them this way is the only thing that gives them any meaning at all.

Knives was knocked out by just a few bullets because he had never really been shot before, so he wasn't used to the concept of pain. The only other time he was really injured was about 20 years before the series takes place, when their fight destroyed the city of July, and he spent the entire ensuing time recuperating. Vash, in contrast, spent those 20 years getting shot at (as seen by his heavy scarring) and is quite used to working through the pain. That's why Vash was able to get up after Knives shot him and Knives couldn't.
So if they canceled eachother out how come the first time he was gravely injured and in the final fight there was barely a scratch on either of them?
Aug 10, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2017
OneNaughtyBear said:
So if they canceled eachother out how come the first time he was gravely injured and in the final fight there was barely a scratch on either of them?

I'd have to watch the series again to be certain, but as far as I recall, Knives wasn't prepared for the shot in July. He forced Vash's Angel Arm to activate, and Vash aimed it at him at the last second in a last-ditch effort to stop him, so Knives didn't have enough time to fully charge his up. By the time the series ended, both of them were much better at controlling the Angel Arms and were able to cancel each other out.

As to why they didn't have a scratch on them, the Angel Arms were both offense and defense. The same blast that was aimed at the other was simultaneously shielding them from the other's blast like a force field.
Aug 10, 2017 11:32 PM

Feb 2016
LunaLena said:
OneNaughtyBear said:

I'd have to watch the series again to be certain, but as far as I recall, Knives wasn't prepared for the shot in July. He forced Vash's Angel Arm to activate, and Vash aimed it at him at the last second in a last-ditch effort to stop him, so Knives didn't have enough time to fully charge his up. By the time the series ended, both of them were much better at controlling the Angel Arms and were able to cancel each other out.

As to why they didn't have a scratch on them, the Angel Arms were both offense and defense. The same blast that was aimed at the other was simultaneously shielding them from the other's blast like a force field.
I just rewatched the scene. That can't be right. Knives was already I'm the blast. There's no sign at all they he cancelled it.

Besides. You can't really say they were both better at controlling their Angel Arms. Knives was in a comma for pretty much majority of the series, though he already perfected it from before the series even started. Vash didn't even want that power. Aside from the end of the series, he was forced to use it. The only reason why he could control it at the end was because of one of those "For the plot" power ups.

And I think you're right about that last part. After all, Vash was never directly injured from using it.
Sep 5, 2017 6:36 AM

Jul 2017
I watched most of this series long ago when it was on Adult Swim. Now, I finally finished it. I didn't realize that I had seen far more of it than I thought; the only episodes I definitely for sure missed back then were episodes 20 and 21, though I likely missed 24-26 as well. Episode 19, I'm not sure. After having finished it, the series really touched me; I feel like I kind of grew up with Vash growing up and moving on from Rem.

Trigun definitely starts really goofy. It has an exciting air of mystery and danger, but it quickly becomes slapstick/semi-vulgar comedy. Then, towards the middle, it picks up and becomes serious/dark, though there are a few strange filler episodes towards the beginning of the second half too.

The end wasn't super clear. It might have been a little rear-loaded; much of the story was told at the very end. I think that was fine; it made it exciting. I thought the last episode was paced really well, though it seemed silly to see all the flashback stuff in the first half. The fight between Vash and Knives was furious and vicious, but Vash won in the end and brought Knives back to civilization. He knows that he needs to take care of his brother instead of leaving him to his own evil ways. I think it will be a rocky road, but, as Knives does seem to care about Vash, I think Knives will change his ways.

9/10
Dec 7, 2017 12:27 PM

May 2016
Glad that it was a good ending but the fight was so good in the beginning yet it didn't turn out that well and that fighting place was the worse place they choose.

Finally, we know what Vash and Knives are plants and the question is what are plants I hate these classic anime for they don't reveal one of the major elements about this show I only know that it's a SOURCE OF POWER. 8/10
Dec 7, 2017 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Raizel said:
Finally, we know what Vash and Knives are plants and the question is what are plants I hate these classic anime for they don't reveal one of the major elements about this show I only know that it's a SOURCE OF POWER. 8/10

To give you an answer, Plants were angelic extra-terrestrial beings that could produce huge amounts of energy (basically angel-like aliens that are inspired by the idea of power plants and flora). These so-called Plants were harvested by humans as energy sources for many years (fuel for their technology and resources etc.). Vash and Knives were the first discovered humanoid plants that could actually walk around, talk, and essentially grow to resemble humans. Seeing how humans greatly relied on the Plants to fuel their resources, Knives believed that Plants like him and Vash should rule over humanity as superior beings. The rest is pretty self-explanatory within the series.
Dec 7, 2017 1:04 PM

May 2016
ronri said:
Raizel said:

To give you an answer, Plants were angelic extra-terrestrial beings that could produce huge amounts of energy (literally inspired by the idea of power plants and flora). These so-called Plants were harvested by humans as energy sources for many years (fuel for their technology and resources etc.). Vash and Knives were the first discovered humanoid plants that could actually walk around, talk, and essentially grow to resemble humans. Seeing how humans greatly relied on fellow Plants like them, Knives essentially thought that they should rule over them as superior beings while Vash thought the opposite.
Thanks for explaining
Jan 11, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
Not bad, I just wish that by some dumb miracle that Vash will actually confess his love to Meryl. One can dream.

Mar 6, 2018 10:34 AM
Dec 2014
Good end to a great serie,while the end had nothing special it was well executed.This anime is what I wished Cowboy bebop was.Overall it's an strong 8.5/10 to me.
Aug 10, 2018 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
What a series! I really liked this anime, and the final battle was epic!
9/10 from me!
May 22, 2019 5:29 PM

Jul 2016
This series had a lot of hit and miss episodes, and the episodic formula ruined it for me. Overall, I give this Anime either a 6/10 or a 7/10.
May 28, 2019 9:56 AM
Apr 2016
Well, the first half was amazing, the second was just full of recaps... Holy fucking HECK I can't believe Knives told Vash "Wait here" and leave for an entire year AND actually come back with Vash sitting waiting for him...
Jun 26, 2019 12:04 AM

Oct 2017
The questions left unanswered by this ending doesn't torment me as much as others but
I'm gonna need to read the manga. ;)

Milly is waifu
that is all
Jul 6, 2019 7:48 AM

Sep 2017
This series needs a current remake ... the ending was "ok", but it feels inconclusive.
Sep 4, 2019 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
Well a lot of question are left unanswered in the end. Vash wasn't the badass protagonist I hoped he would be, actually he was very very very far away from it unfortunately. Pretty boring show overall, 4/10.
Apr 15, 2020 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
Satisfactory finale. Anyone else notice how Knives had less tolerance to pain than Vash?

9/10
Apr 16, 2020 10:51 PM

Aug 2018
It was a good ending but even classical animes like this one can't get away with not following manga too much. Some scenes in manga were just done with more explaining and actions that we never saw in the anime but shouldve seen.

At the end of the day Trigun is still a classic that fans of the 90s should watch without hesitation

The anime overall is 8.3/10 for me
Apr 18, 2020 1:19 AM

Jun 2014
So what will happen after Knives recovered? Is he gonna stop killing people? So I guess Vash will keep him in check for the rest of their lives. In the end i think Vash point of view was not that really bad but it won't solve everything. If you let murderer alive even though you have a chance of killing him there's still a chance that person will keep killing people. Yeah you save someone(murderer) by not killing him but there is no guarantee that someone will change. Its not like Vash use talk-no-jutso like Naruto to change people. Wolfwood was killed because of Vash influence.
I really think he was just brainwashed by Rem's words because he cant really think for himself.

Tldr. Vash is idealist one dimensional character.

This series was actaully rushed, the anime finished before the manga even though the manga was finished a decade later. I guess Legato's past and the others have better backstory in the manga.

Decent action, i didnt like Vash goofiness for the most part, nice sounds, Wolfwood best character.
Jun 6, 2020 1:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was a strange closure.
I really appreciate the flashbacks at the start of the episode, it really helped sell Vash's collective feelings and struggles to make you in the separate of seeing some duel between him and Knives, and by the way, it was a great fight, really. It was an enjoyable ride. Love & Peace.
Jul 28, 2020 6:29 PM

May 2017
So many things that went wrong with this anime.

While I do like the themes that this show is trying to present, it just fails to deliver on so many points.

The balancing of comedy and seriousness was completely off. The comedy in general was lacking for me.

Pacing of the plot was all freaking over the place. The first half felt utterly meaningless besides an episode or two. Second half started slow and felt really rushed towards the ending.

Every single "villain" besides Lagato was complete garbage. I only somewhat "liked" Lagato because of his psychotic game. Every single enemy that Vash or Wolfwood had to fight was absolutely boring. It doesn't help that the action animation was completely lacking. Fights had zero interest in them, poor animation, lack of proper direction/storyboarding, also no real strategies were ever really involved in these fights. It was just bang bang shoot around and uhh at the end well Vash wins because he is the main character.

I did like Vash but as I said the comedy and seriousness was out of balance under which he had to stuffer a lot. I loved his seriousness, his comedian site not so much.

The two female side characters were nothing but a plot device for Vash. They merely existed to converse with Vash and tell others that Vash is not a bad guy.

Wolfwood was a cool dude. Probably the best character in the show. I also liked Marlon, wish we would have seen more of him..

The final episode felt so freaking weird. I was expecting a dramatic ending between the two but instead we got a random shootout (who would have thought that) and well at the end who guessed it Vash wins. Of course he doesn't kill him.

Kind of disappointed about Trigun.

5/10

Aug 6, 2020 11:00 AM

May 2016
Vash's fight with Knives was both awesome and straight-to-the-point with how they wasted no time in going for each other's throats. One thing I'm curious about is what Vash plans to do by dragging his brother back into town where the Insurance Girls are. I really doubt that he'd be the cooperative type after everything he's done so I was kind of let down when they didn't show what happened after that in the end.

I started this series thinking that it'd be full of badass bounty hunters with really big guns duking it out in the wasteland and I pretty much got what I wanted but with a lot more comedy and aliens than I had expected. I don't have much to complain about this series aside from how it could've been handled better in terms of answering the questions it raised and the last episode itself which felt rather rushed. Personally, Meryl giving his adorkable man a hug and confessing her feelings while Milly smiles, looks up to the sky and happily tells Wolfwood that everything's finally okay would've been an awesome way to end the show. It was still a really fun watch though!

Aug 10, 2020 8:44 PM

Mar 2020
Well, it's over. Out of all the lifeforms I expected Vash to be, a plant was not one of them.

I'm not exactly sure how to express my feelings about Trigun. It has some truly great moments and others which are forgettable. It has some breathtaking art and some which is lacklustre. It explores some of its themes sufficiently and others not at all. This show is so inconsistent, yet is still immensely enjoyable to me.

That being said, there's a reason people bring up the quirky action before getting to the more serious aspects of the show. I'm not sure how faithful Trigun is to the manga, but as far as storytelling goes, some truly baffling decisions were made. I will never understand why the director of this felt the need to trample on the momentum of episodes 15 & 16 with 2 episodes of filler, nor the 12-minute flashback before the fight with Knives. If Trigun's dramatic elements were really that nuanced, I'd expect all the preamble to feel organic rather than forced.

A very solid 7/10. If I were to arbitrarily compare this show to Cowboy Bebop, I'd say that while Bebop is better overall, I got far more enjoyment from watching this. Even if Trigun doesn't get it right all the time, it's ideas and themes are somehow more memorable to me. I can't really see myself revisiting this, but maybe I'll give the manga a go.

Also, fuck Wolfwood for dying. What a bastard ;_;
Sep 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
hmm, i have mix feeling about the ending.

first of all, the all questions answered at the first part, drawing clear timeline from the past 'till the present, truly best way for solving some things.

and there there was the confrontation, which directed very well and very detailed with all kind of things happened and new discoveries, that was good too.

the problem is, the end left kinda open, and i have feeling the end could have been better, i actually thought that maybe they will fuse together since they both plants/brothers with different opinions the ending become a "person" with mixed opinions.

it still were good ending.

8/10 to the series, mainly because of the weak parts of it, without it, 9/10.
Oct 3, 2020 3:11 PM
May 2020
I first thought that he killed him but he didn't. I think the best long-term solution is to throw Knives unconcious body in one of those giant lightbulbs and have him power a city. This was great, but he didn't change Knives' mind so I don't think this is resolved. Still, that was an epic fight worthy of a finale.
Nov 2, 2020 6:36 PM

Jun 2020
Well, first of all, this was not what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be run and gun, boom boom bang boom, I mean.... the guy has a $60billion bounty on his head. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the show deeper than that. Did anyone else get God/Jesus vs Satan undertones in this show? Episode called Diablo. Christian themes throughout. Building their own eden, Knives eats the apple off the tree in the garden on SEED. I thought it was a great show, and I loved that Vash stayed true to his beliefs. I was left wanting more at the end, but I'm okay with how it ended. I liked all the characters, though I wonder how all the Gung-Ho members, especially Legato, got their powers if only Knives and Vash were consider not-human. OH! Did anyone else catch the Legato actually has Vash left arm from when Knives shot it off? That's why he can control his "plant". Good series, 8/10 for me.
Mar 24, 2021 2:50 PM

Aug 2015
6/10.
My TL;DR would be: I like Vash, I don´t like Trigun.

Something that I have to say is that my perception of the series before actually watching it was completely different, so I didnt expected to get that much morality, but even then the ending is meh, and the whole thing feels like a contradiction.
Mar 24, 2021 7:02 PM

Aug 2020
The ending of the show was very enjoyable and sad for me knowing that we’re most likely not going to get a trigun maximum anime adaptation (which would be dope) and also knowing that it’s a low chance that we could get the fma treatment but the fight between Vash and knives was a great fight in my opinion full of emotions from wolfwood’s death and the fact that Vash used wolfwood’s gun to win the fight was dope to. It also showed how much Vash cared for knives even though knives put Vash through so much pain Vash was able to get over it because of the similarities with Meryl and rem (which is very similar to Kenshin and kaoru) but it was a classic gunslinger fight full of emotions and backstory’s.
Mar 30, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2020
Last episode was pretty good overall! The flashbacks and subsequent fight were pretty cool to watch unfold. I can understand people saying the flashbacks drag on for a bit near the end, but I personally didn't mind it; it fit the atmosphere well enough. Vash winning by the help of Wolfwood and STILL keeping to his ideals was a neat payoff.

Just can't help but feel something is missing about the ending though. Maybe it's because of the cancellation, I'm not super informed on the ramifications of that. Never seeing what Meryl wanted to say to Vash at the end kind of sucks. I feel like maybe a "Where Are They Now" for a show that goes from town to town constantly also would've been nice, but their mini-arcs were wrapped up so no biggie I guess. I'm gonna have to think about this one some more but it was definitely enjoyable!
May 11, 2021 7:22 PM

Nov 2009
Pretty good but that 2nd half is really rough in places and the ending is very unfulfilling imo. 7/10
Jun 19, 2021 8:28 PM

Jun 2020
mmmmmmmm ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 7/10
Jun 24, 2021 2:20 PM
Jun 2021
The flashback fleshed out their connection good in the most important moment. also the moment where they unload each others guns was rad.

In the end i was *verry* worried that he killed Knives and that he would have left the world with such a betrayed face. But everything worked out.

Imo an Epiloge would have fit werry well. :´-)
Sep 13, 2021 3:07 PM

May 2019
The story all came together so well (the history being tied in). It all became conducive in the end.

What an amazing show. It has everything: comedy, character development, an interesting plot and sub-plots, great art (for the time) and deep symbolism all throughout.

Truly enjoyable and worth a re-watch at a later point. I'd love to re-watch, not for the story but to catch all of the symbolism and metaphors I missed the first go round.

Definitely not what I expected at all and I'm very pleased.
Oct 13, 2021 4:09 AM
Apr 2021
Although the ending was rushed but loathe last scene of ending was amazing like Yu Yu Hakusho but give ending 7/10 good ending but not great and give trigun 8/10 glad I went back to watch this classic grown up with it
Nov 25, 2021 1:54 PM

Dec 2020
Nooo! I expected this one to be different (from first three episodes) but they're all the same.
Dec 29, 2021 9:13 AM
Nov 2020
This was a great watch. I think I'll try the manga next.
Jan 16, 2022 4:21 AM

Nov 2020
Finally finished this show today and I loved the ending though episode 24 was my favourite in the series. I loved all the themes explored throughout the show and it was a fitting end imo. I'm gonna watch the movie ASAP because man! the animation looks amazing. Let's see what the story is about.
Jan 24, 2022 3:22 PM

Apr 2020
My childhood right here, I remember my siblings and I staying up to watch this late at night
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jun 7, 2022 7:37 PM

Dec 2020
That was a much better ending to the anime than I anticipated.

I actually thought he might have to kill again for the 'greater good' and finally break his code but I'm glad everything ended the way it did.

Now to start the manga from the beginning for a slightly different experience all over again.
Jul 13, 2022 3:49 AM

Apr 2018
Why would he spare him?
Vash is really ridiculous.
Aug 22, 2022 10:46 PM
Jul 2022
ppl be saying that Trigun is too slow and has too many comedic non-story episodes then proceed to go watch all of Cowboy Bebop
Aug 26, 2022 6:40 PM

May 2020
Trigun was such a blast from the past. It's been awhile since I last watched something from this era. It stumbles a bit here and there, but the characters and setting hooked me right from the beginning.

The ending wasn't extraordinary, but made sense considering the trajectory of Vash's character arc. It didn't feel very conclusive though. It's like, what's the plan? Show Knives that humans have good traits too? That's fine, I just wish it had said more about it.

I wonder if the ending would've had a stronger impact if it left off without showing us what Vash's decision was, and let the viewer draw their own conclusion? Have him point the gun, cut to Millie and Meryl talking about how he'll come back, then end with a wide shot of a figure walking into town. It was just a thought I had while watching. But the series had mostly resolved the "will he or won't he" dilemma already, so making it super clear that Vash stuck to his convictions works better for the optimistic ending the series was going for, I suppose.

I give the series a solid 8/10.
Aug 26, 2022 8:00 PM
Jul 2021
The Evangelion of Cowboy Bebop
Sep 19, 2022 7:21 PM

Apr 2021
Good ending to a brother rivalry. People died.
Oct 30, 2022 7:37 PM
Aug 2020
Well, now I can see why this anime is so loved and held in such high regard. It is truly amazing, its one of the best anime I've ever seen, and I'll have to update my top 10.

That being said, Vash's ideals are unrealistic and naive. I get it, getting over the cycle of violence, living under a rainbow singing kumbaya and yadda yadda, but that's not how the world works and we damn right know it. The most down to earth character was Wolfwood and it shows. I mean, damn, even Knives was more reasonable and realistic than Vash. So, what's the point of the story? Be unrealistic and pretend nothing bad will ever happen? It's almost as if someone wants to pacify the audience... but then, what do I know? Maybe I'm just jaded.

Anyhow, the author made a statement and I respect that, it's a great story with a beautiful message, and for a moment, even I, as jaded as I can be, want to believe it.
Nov 10, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2019
Love & Peace! Well, fine journey that aged okay-ish. More low (i am not a big fan of more comedic first part) than high moments, beside last few eps which were really decent.
Not my fav anime, but still worth watching.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

68 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 23, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

55 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 8, 2008

67 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kinda disappointed

Tomi3b - Apr 5

44 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 18, 12:59 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

72 by PSX_Aloe »»
Apr 14, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.