Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2011 10:46 PM
Sep 2009
Seriously, I don't know if all of you watched the dubbed version (which is apparently your legendary anime dub cheese shit), but I watched the subbed version and it isn't that bad. I don't get the hatred this OVA gets.

The animation was nice, character designs were good and the only problem was that it was just too short to make really sense.

It was ok.
Aug 9, 2011 9:03 AM
Sep 2009
paperbomb said:
I never heard anyone talk about this anime ever.

Thank you for your insightful comment.
Feb 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Feb 2012
After reading the two reviews of other user (one of them, very long and pretentious) I'am not sure if Kimera is a man of a woman. One tag says that this is shone-ai
I guess I need to watch this to know.
Jun 16, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
You're right, it's not that bad. The ending is its weak point because of its length, but I think if you just take it for what it is as a story instead of thinking how it should have been it's a lot better. The protagonist subverts expectations - he knows he'll destroy the world, he knows his love isn't reciprocated, he deceives her and he lets himself be used by her just because she's beautiful. It's fucked up, but sometimes things are fucked up in reality, too. If you accept this, it's not that bad for a 50 minute OVA.
Aug 4, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2008
I watched this anime a long time ago and liked it well enough. Then just now I went back and rewatched it, and decided I loved it. No, I didn't care for the main character, but I really gained a fondness for Kimera, and would've liked to know more about her. What happened to make her mind shut down the way it did (comparing the bright-eyed sweet thing that she was before, to the hollow-eyed shell that she became) and so forth.

Thinking I'll just go and read the manga.
Aug 16, 2014 6:45 PM
Nov 2013
Well yeah, this anime isn't too bad (I still have the DVD). But I REALLY wished that it was COMPLETELY based on the Manga. The Manga had more to show but they turned this into some PG-13 joint.

I wish this anime was being rebooted.
I wish Nailkaizer is my wife. Don't know her? Look ---> http://myanimelist.net/character/13615/Nailkaizer
Jul 14, 2015 8:04 AM
Jul 2015
Hmmm.... This anime is weird.... The main character is in love with a He/She or a ladyboy vampire........ I got one word to describe this anime and it is............... Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Oct 23, 2015 5:15 PM

Sep 2014
It looked pretty cringe worthy so I watched the dub. Some of the music felt like it didn't match the scene, and overall I found this laughable.
Oct 23, 2015 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
Monchellus said:
Hmmm.... This anime is weird.... The main character is in love with a He/She or a ladyboy vampire........ I got one word to describe this anime and it is............... Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

But it is a yaoi OVA, what were you expecting

Jul 18, 2019 9:33 PM

Sep 2018
busan said:
Monchellus said:

But it is a yaoi OVA, what were you expecting

it's not yaoi, go and watch it yourself.
Feb 9, 2020 11:03 PM
Nov 2013
The Manga has Yaoi elements. It's also more hentai-ish than the anime, and the plot is more understanding (With a more solid ending).

Sadly, it's never fully translated and the manga itself it's hard to find. No scans or anything.

So I'll say it again, I wish this anime was being rebooted. And if it is, DO NOT give it the A-Kite Treatment (That anime was rated 14, but everyone knew what it was).
I wish Nailkaizer is my wife. Don't know her? Look ---> http://myanimelist.net/character/13615/Nailkaizer

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimera Episode 1 Discussion

Mana - Nov 6, 2016

12 by Dekom »»
Feb 12, 4:25 PM

» Is this really a yaoi?

sourfrog - Feb 12, 2017

5 by PxHC »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:29 PM

» How is it Hentai

TitanMenace65 - Dec 8, 2020

1 by Sheild0731 »»
Jun 4, 2021 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.