Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2011 4:05 AM

Jan 2011
UPDATE: 2nd March 2012: Latest and final The Avengers/Avengers Assemble trailer. Looks simply amazing. Iron Man looks so dope :DD Film comes out April 26th for Europe, May 4th for America.

So what are your thoughts on the trailer? Excited as I am or disappointed? :P
LucarioDudeMar 2, 2012 2:45 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2011 4:23 AM

Mar 2009
I did not like any other movie Marvel did, so I guess I won't like this one either. Besides I haven't watched Captain America and Thor movies and I don't intend to watch them either.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 27, 2011 4:24 AM
Nov 2008
Botched before it even began.
Jul 27, 2011 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
Onibokusu said:
Botched before it even began.

And how is that?

I've never been terribly impressed with most of the new Marvel movies, but they were always entertaining enough to see once.

Out of all the recent Marvel movies, I'd say First Class and the first Iron Man were my favorites.
Jul 27, 2011 8:23 AM

Jan 2008
Saw cap yesterday, and I'm looking forward to the avengers, should be good.
Jul 27, 2011 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
I would have been more excited about this a few years back when I read Marvel comics all the time, but now I really don't care too much for it but the movie should still be fun to watch.
Jul 27, 2011 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
I heard its gonna suck, and i probably would agree i got bored from watching those marvel movies and i probably would get bored of it again. I like the cartoon series but the live actions movies aren't cutting it.
Jul 27, 2011 6:24 PM

Jul 2011
I saw CPT America on Sunday and it was so so also the trailer was not worth staying after the credits.

I'm not excited about it but I'll watch it when it comes out.
Jul 27, 2011 10:20 PM

Dec 2010
Capt America was worth it for me and I enjoyed every single scene that the move had.
The Avengers' trailer in the end cracks me up for fun and entertainment.
Jul 28, 2011 2:14 AM

May 2009
I'm most likely to go and see it just because it's written and directed by Joss Whedon, for actual interest in it, it isn't hugely high after the average Thor.
Jul 28, 2011 6:07 AM

Jun 2008
I was always a sucker to see many superheroes in one film. And this probably won't disappoint. As long as it's average for the average audience I'll probably love it.

I mean, I even liked fantastic 4 even tho it got like a 5.7 on imdb. lol
Jul 28, 2011 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
I've never been a Marvel fan *hides under desk* but... LOKIIIII *-* I bet I'll watch it just for that OTL
Jul 30, 2011 11:03 PM
Feb 2010
Man, The Avengers looks like it'll be awesome. Captain America was great, and every Marvel Studios movie is great (well, the Marvel Studios productions that they made by themselves, not "some other company bought the rights to a character and put out a terrible movie where Marvel Studios is there in name only") so there's no reason for it to suck.

I love superhero films.
Jul 30, 2011 11:09 PM

May 2011
hmmmm i dint watch the movie yet but this looks good i guess xd
Jul 31, 2011 3:04 AM

May 2009
Maybe I didn't like Captain America so much, but I hope they will make an movie of Nemises.
Aug 7, 2011 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
I thought Captain America was pretty good and I stayed after to watch the trailer and I'm SUPER excited for it!!
I like the marvel movies. I'm looking forward to seeing them all in one!
Aug 8, 2011 7:56 AM

Aug 2008
I rather enjoyed Captain America. And I loveeeeeeeeeed the teaser after the credits. I can't wait for May now. Really can't. If anyone that's into the films and likes comics, hasn't read The Ultimates by Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch yet, you're missing out. :3
Aug 8, 2011 9:59 PM
Aug 2011
Aug 9, 2011 1:34 AM

Apr 2011
I'm ecstatic about it! I just pray it doesn't disappoint.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 9, 2011 1:56 AM

Jul 2010
Meh, looks like a big star studded cast. It doesn't look like a big deal, but I guess I'll watch it if I have nothing else better to do.
Aug 9, 2011 2:09 AM

Mar 2009
Samurai_ said:
Meh, looks like a big star studded cast. It doesn't look like a big deal, but I guess I'll watch it if I have nothing else better to do.

Excuses. You mean to say that you're going to watch it because it will be so hyped that you will not be able to ignore it.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 9, 2011 2:16 AM

Jul 2010
kodial said:
Samurai_ said:

Excuses. You mean to say that you're going to watch it because it will be so hyped that you will not be able to ignore it.

I've yet to see Captain America, Iron Man, Thor or Fantastic Four. I'm a comic book fan so I doubt any of them could live up to my expectaions.
Aug 9, 2011 7:42 AM
Mar 2008
To tell the truth, I don't like the idea of so many superheroes on screen just for the sake of it. Look at Fantastic Four, now think of it as Fatastic Eight or something. I once read a Ultimate Avangers comic, it killed the really small fan of superhero comics inside of me completely, so I'm not looking forward to this movie much, unless the special effects can make it entertaining, like with Transformers. (I like some superhero movies though. specially the new Batman and Kick-Ass)

Edit: It has Robert Downey Jr in it? Damn, I'll have to see it now, only to find out he had a small part, most probably.
Aug 9, 2011 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Pero said:
To tell the truth, I don't like the idea of so many superheroes on screen just for the sake of it. Look at Fantastic Four, now think of it as Fatastic Eight or something. I once read a Ultimate Avangers comic, it killed the really small fan of superhero comics inside of me completely, so I'm not looking forward to this movie much, unless the special effects can make it entertaining, like with Transformers. (I like some superhero movies though. specially the new Batman and Kick-Ass)

Edit: It has Robert Downey Jr in it? Damn, I'll have to see it now, only to find out he had a small part, most probably.

He is ironman, why would he have a small part?
Aug 9, 2011 8:06 AM
Mar 2008
jpem said:
He is ironman, why would he have a small part?
I mean, he's part of a big cast. I wouldn't be surprised if his role consisted of some funny line here and there.
Aug 9, 2011 9:11 AM
Feb 2010
Samurai_ said:
I've yet to see Captain America, Iron Man, Thor or Fantastic Four. I'm a comic book fan so I doubt any of them could live up to my expectaions.

Fantastic Four, don't see it. Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor are all awesome. Basically, if was made by Marvel, it's a great film, and if it was made by someone else, don't see it. Only exceptions would be Spider-Man 1/2 and X-Men 1/2/First Class. Definitely not the third film of each of those franchises though. Oh, no, don't ever watch those.
Oct 11, 2011 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
Official trailer of the film came out today and gawd damn has it made me hyped. Iron Man steals the show, Stark ftw. Can May 2012 come any quicker?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOrNdBpGMv8
Oct 11, 2011 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah so I just saw this, it looks pretty meh to be honest.
Oct 13, 2011 4:34 AM

Jan 2007
Don't care at all for super hero comics, still I do enjoy watching this kind of movies.
The trailer looks pretty good but I have to admit that I am mostly excited about seeing this one because of Iron Man/RDJ.
Oct 13, 2011 4:37 AM

Jun 2010
Avengers are lame....better spiderpig
Mar 2, 2012 2:41 AM

Jan 2011
Sorry to bump this but this needs to be posted. HEH
Newest The Avengers/Avengers Assemble trailer is too fucking awesome. Man, I'm so hyped for this. Looks amazing. Can't wait!
You guys better be excited too >=D

Mar 2, 2012 3:15 AM
Jul 2018
I've had it with these motherf*cking trailers of motherf*cking cgi!
True though, all these trailers are the same... Small build up inspirational music with people talking, then suddenly lots of explosions and drama, higher music, then music stops and shows something with mechanical background sounds... How many times have I seen this... Well better watch cap america and thor before this comes out
Mar 2, 2012 9:56 AM

Aug 2009
I enjoy most of the Marvel comics movies so I will probably watch this one too.
Mar 2, 2012 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
To be honest, it looks like they asked Micheal Bay for some tips, and he told them. "Explosions, lots and lots of explosions."

Though I will probably watch it since I've seen every other one that's come out.
Mar 2, 2012 10:03 AM

Feb 2012
I thought of Fate/Stay Night when I saw the title of the thread
turns out it's just some superhero* bullshit

Mar 2, 2012 11:01 AM

Dec 2010
I hope this movie doesn't bust, but it has that feeling. I mean what can you expect from super hero movies anyway? Almost all of them are terrible. As of late, Batman is the only big name exception.

I'll be going to see it either way just out of love for the genre, but I don't have high hopes.
Mar 2, 2012 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
So Loki is the main villain? Did not see the Thor movie, just read the wiki and it sounds like his motivation is tied into what happened to him there.
Downey Jr. was really good as Tony Stark, looking forward to more Iron Man.
Apr 29, 2012 4:06 PM

Jun 2008
Necro'd again because it's coming out soon.

Got a 8.9 currently on IMDB, rofl.

The hype is craaaaazy on this one.
Apr 29, 2012 6:46 PM

Sep 2008
it's basically getting unanimously good reviews. I'm not really surprised Joss is a pretty good director.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Apr 29, 2012 9:10 PM

Jan 2012
I watched it yesterday (it's out where i am). It was a movie that excelled in it's action and character dynamics, but disappointed at doing anything else.

It wasn't boring, but it had opportunities to do more in terms of development, and be more than a fast paced blockbuster (albeit a good one).

Every character seemed to come in to play without much question, and not much reason (except Thor and Hulk), and when they do form up and become The Avengers, it's done in a half-assed way.

Hell, you don't even get to know what exactly happened to Steve Rogers' life after being thawed out of the ice. You don't get an explanation about how his life is years later, his reaction to the present day, and how he adjusts to it; none of that is ever tackled.

He's just there as if he's been there for a while; like all that stuff was supposed to be shown in another movie.

If you want your action fix, The Avengers is a great pick to do so. Expecting more, however, will leave you disappointed.
Apr 29, 2012 10:46 PM
Feb 2010
I would like to know why a movie featuring a guy named Captain America is being released in every other country before the United States gets it by over a week.
Apr 29, 2012 10:59 PM

Jan 2008
Scarlett Johansson being in it sucks. Couldn't they get anyone better?
May 7, 2012 8:19 AM
Feb 2010
Man, I just saw it yesterday, and it is now my new favorite movie. I've been listening to the end credits music over and over again while I work, and I'm looking for a shawarma place to see what it tastes like.
May 7, 2012 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
I'm European and I watched it.

Hated it; absolutely hated it.
No.
May 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Have to agree with most of the sentiments here that I'm not a big fan of Marvel movies.

Having said that I've watched Iron Man, Spiderman, Capt America, Thor... pretty much every single one that has been released.

The movies lack any depth in plot, and focus on creating as many explosions as possible for the ... kids with testosterone.

I end up watching them either with my friends because there is nothing better to offer, or when I catch them on the plane.
May 7, 2012 11:54 AM

Feb 2012
Avengers was "decent."

I've seen Avengers and I'll go to see Dark Knight Rises in July, but that's my line in the sand -- I've long since reached my limit with the superhero genre. Even the action one-liners have started feeling like slaps to the face.
May 7, 2012 12:31 PM
Mar 2008
Here are some interesting facts about the Avengers that most people probably don't know.

1. Storm, Beast, Daredevil, War Machine, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Namor, She-Hulk have all been members of the Avengers.

2. There is another team that is the opposite of The Avengers called The Thunderbolts, when The Avengers were presumed to be killed by Magneto, Baron Zemo conducted his own experimental team composed of villains to replace The Avengers.

3. Beast was the first X-Men to join the Avengers. He left the X-Men after getting into a fight with Kraven and got stabbed in the chest with a poisonous dart. He turned into his lion form AFTER joining the Avengers.

4. The most powerful member of The Avengers is The Sentry, who has the power of a million suns at his disposal.

5. Iron Man 'tricked' Spider-Man into revealing his true identity to the World while they were Avengers. He built an armor suit for Spider-Man but the suit itself had a tracking device so that Iron Man can follow Spider-Man wherever he goes.

6. There's a big reason why Iron Man is a depressed alcoholic. He was actually an undercover spy and secret agent for Kang the Conqueror the entire time he was an Avenger. He used this knowledge and had the Avengers at his mercy. The Avengers went back in time and contacted a younger Iron Man before he turned corrupt in order to defeat the real Iron Man (and yes this story sucked major, major balls).

7. Norman Osbourne, also known as Green Goblin, broke into Tony Stark's office and stole the Iron Man armor, redesigned it himself, and called himself the Iron Patriot, and he became the leader of the Dark Avengers. At this time, Tony Starks was a wanted criminal and was on the run.

8. There is a similar character to Thor in the Avengers called the Black Knight, instead of grabbing a hammor, he grabs his sword and he turns into a medieval knight with superhuman strength.

9. Hawkeye founded his own Avengers team called the West Coast Avengers after feeling that the Avengers needed to expand more. The team was Iron Man, Tiagra, Vision, War Machine, and Wonder Man.

10. After Jean Grey perished as Phoenix, her body drowned and she buried herself beneath the ocean. It was the Avengers who found her body years later trapped in a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean. They sent her body to the Fantastic Four and they were able to save her Life.

11. After Thor left the Avengers, he tried to set up another home for Asgardians on Earth, somewhere in the Nebraska region. However, the place was off-limits at the time due to the Superhero Registration Act, led by Iron Man. So Iron Man ordered Thor to pack his people and get the hell out. Thor responded by giving Iron Man the worst beating of his lifetime.
May 7, 2012 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
I liked it.
May 8, 2012 12:35 AM

Feb 2012
Watched it and I think the movie is fine. Mostly watched it due to loking the Ironman movies though.
May 8, 2012 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
watched it, enjoyed it.
There's some comedy, which was great.
The final battle was amazing.
Plus, the movie made Hulk my new favorite hero.....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
3 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
3 hours ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 6 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
6 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
8 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.