Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2007 1:14 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.----------------------------------------
better than 16.. And I love the conflicts between Hermione and Juliet.
sorry hermione... Juliet's just too badass. You cant compete xD

edit: next episode!!! DO I SPOT TYBALT!??? *___* GAH!!! FINALLY!!~~~ ,vdjlhoie4yfh <3
hisuikireiJul 27, 2007 1:20 PM

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
Jul 31, 2007 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
I's like to start off and say: I don't like the way they're taking Mercutio.

They've changed him far too much from what he was in the original play. I understand that this is a very loose adaptation bordering on inspiration, but the extent that they've changed his character is really depressing. Mercutio was the epitome of turn of the 16th century GARness and Gonzo's changed him into a sneaking, plotting bureaucrat. He's supposed to be a trickster type with sharp tongue and wit. You can change a character and make him great, Tybalt's fantastic, well, what we've seen of him (glad to see him in the previews). But you can't change the underlying dynamic of the character.

Bottom line: If I don't hear something like the Queen Mab speech, or if there's not an epic Tybalt vs. Mercutio fight complete with "plague on both your houses", I'm dropping this.

Onto to episode specifics, this episode still feels like it's in the filler stage, and I don't like that feeling. I don't feel like this episode accomplished anything. There are bigger questions at hand that I feel could be worth spending time on rather than the relationship between Hermione and Juliet.

I still can't believe that people are to stupid to make the connection that Rose=Montague, Iris=Capulet. It's on their freaking crest for Christ's sake.

Sam is my sweet peach
Aug 1, 2007 3:45 AM

Apr 2007
Good ep, the new ed probly should have been in the first half of the series since it relatess to red whirlwind and so forth, and the first ed has that sort of feel for the fighting scenes or somethin i donno... which would most likely be comin up this half of the series. Oh wellz, Romeo X Juliet = <3 ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2007 2:43 PM
Sep 2006
Is it just me or has there been an animation decline in this episode? I mean, for some reason, lengths of faces and what not or how close the eyes were seemed off to me. Oh well... maybe I'm too picky. *Sighs* I hope to see this show pick up, it's crawling... but it's getting there.
Jul 7, 2009 6:39 PM

Feb 2008
Well I must report at this point I absolutely detest Hermione. I think she's a complete prick, snobby and naive. I hate people who are rejected but still embarrassingly cling on like a stubborn cold or rash.

Begone, foul maiden. The sand of thy welcome hast run out. >(
Sep 11, 2009 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
I agree with Hinata020.

And FINALLY!! TYBALLTT!!!!
<33333333333333
Oct 21, 2009 2:27 PM

Sep 2008
Kanashimi said:
<span style="color:navy">Is it just me or has there been an animation decline in this episode? I mean, for some reason, lengths of faces and what not or how close the eyes were seemed off to me. </span>

Oh no, not just you. I thought the animation was terrible. I'm super picky and the poor quality was burning my eyes throughout most of the episode. For some reason, it wasn't as bad towards the end... but the majority of the episode wasn't animated very well, I thought.

I don't like Hermione. I'm glad Juliet could be the bigger person and not sink to Hermione's sniffling, snobby, clingy level. But I'm kind of disappointed in Mercutio. D: He was supposed to be Romeo's friend... not some... frenemy. Bleh. Tybalt's cool though. :D
Aug 11, 2010 2:41 AM

Apr 2010
Finally Tybalt will get some screen-time on the next episode.
Hermione should go die in some rat hole or something xD
Sep 14, 2010 8:49 AM
Jul 2010
I actually feel bad for Hermione. But please, Romeo doesn't love her! And it's not like he ever did so why does she blame Juliet and keeps trying to make him love her? I hate that kind of attitude in real life (like when I told I guy I didn't like him and he answered me that "That doesn't matter because I love you so much.") and I obviously hate it in anime characters as well. So Hermione should just understand and get over it. But what pissed me the most about her was her arrogance at the end. At least Juliet kept her composure.
Good thing that Tybalt is in the preview.
Jan 17, 2011 8:40 AM

Aug 2009
I usually try to avoid histrionic responses like "that character should just die." ...and yet I find myself tired to death with Hermione. When she took the carriage out I had a thought, 'How nice and tidy it would be if she lost control of the thin and plummeted right off the sky island they're on.'

Not high critical technique, I know.

@WestExit: I've been sad about Mercutio too, but pleasantly surprised with Benvolio and some of the other characters. In the play Mercutio operates as a kind of "in between" or "everybody else" character since he is of neither house (I too am waiting for the "on both you houses"), and the houses are of basically equal strength. It's been fun in this show to imagine what Verona (and Romeo and Juliet by extension) would become if one house or the other had somehow managed to unbalance the powers.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Jan 31, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
TheWestExit said:
I's like to start off and say: I don't like the way they're taking Mercutio.
It's really dissappointing, he was my favorite character =[
Apr 15, 2012 2:54 AM

Jul 2011
Hinata020 said:
Well I must report at this point I absolutely detest Hermione. I think she's a complete prick, snobby and naive. I hate people who are rejected but still embarrassingly cling on like a stubborn cold or rash.

Begone, foul maiden. The sand of thy welcome hast run out. >(

agreed
Jul 21, 2012 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
Just couldn't stop laughing and smiling. This anime is just way too cheesy! Haha
Feb 7, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty okey episode, not that interesting and there wasn't much development but well let's see what's next!
Aug 20, 2016 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
Poor Hermione, so completely sheltered and pure hearted that she lost her marbles. In a way, her encounter with Juliet liberated her of constant formalities and was probably the first time she talked to someone as an equal and not a noble.

Lol @ Mercutio's dad at the end. "Wine does not betray me." That was perfect.
May 3, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
Now I can't tell if I like Hermoine or not :/

Wow, I didn't notice any change in the animation.

Poor Juliet, she's so worried about Romeo.

MALADY! LOL!
Jul 17, 2017 11:06 PM

Dec 2014
Mercutio? What the hell? Did not think he was going to be a manipulative snake. Even though it's a "very" loose adaptation it's still disappointing.

In vino veritas
LeMastaJul 17, 2017 11:09 PM
Dec 15, 2018 12:59 AM

May 2013
I bet a good chunk of us regret pitying Hermione being left alone on the balcony during the fireworks show now lmao. Jealousy turned her into a psycho bitch LOL

At least she eased some unnecessary worries off of Juliet's chest :3 there's SOME use for her, lulz. I'm surprised the others didn't get mad that she wounded Juliet's hand :0 I guess it's not THAT difficult to hide it during breakfast since she was cut on the inside, but the bandage should really be left on, y'know <:/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.